Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,590 members, 7,837,222 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 (795672 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (517) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:18pm On Apr 24, 2018
sogima:
Please how does CIC send information about update?
Is it through email?
Or Text?

Yes they do through email!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sogima(f): 8:22pm On Apr 24, 2018
Clahws:
Please How do I order for GCMS NOTE.
I was rejected today based on 5 different reasons to believe that I will not leave Canada after completion of program:
1. personal Finance & Assets.
2. Purpose
3. Family Ties
4. Current employment situation
5. My passport will expire before the completion of program

This is new, never knew passport can affect visa application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:24pm On Apr 24, 2018
Clahws:
Please How do I order for GCMS NOTE.
I was rejected today based on 5 different reasons to believe that I will not leave Canada after completion of program:
1. personal Finance & Assets.
2. Purpose
3. Family Ties
4. Current employment situation
5. My passport will expire before the completion of program

Clahws,

Sorry for the outcome of your application. You can order your note using this link:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Also, the below link will go a long way in addressing the reasons for your refusal before the arrival of your GCMS NOTE.

https://www.nairaland.com/3948393/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/391#63425662

Lastly to question No 5 - Your passport expiration date doesn't have any negative effect on your application once it has a 6 months validation, your visa will be issued to you based on the validity of the passport since it will expire before the end of your program. While in Canada, you can then apply for a new passport at the Nigerian embassy/immigration office there and extend your study permit till the end of your program.

All the best!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by sogima(f): 8:26pm On Apr 24, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Yes they do through email!

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Clahws: 8:36pm On Apr 24, 2018
In the link shared, it says you have to be atleast a canadian Permanent Resident before you can order for your GCMS note.
How long before I receive a response on GCMS note?

Frankrobbn1:

Clahws,

Sorry for the outcome of your application. You can order your note using this link:
https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do?lang=en

Also, the below link will go a long way in addressing the reasons for your refusal before the arrival of your GCMS NOTE.

https://www.nairaland.com/3948393/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/391#63425662

Lastly to question No 5 - Your passport expiration date doesn't have any negative effect on your application once it has a 6 months validation, your visa will be issued to you based on the length of the passport since it will expire before the end of your program. While in Canada, you can apply for a new passport at the Nigerian embassy there and extend your study permit till the end of your program.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 8:48pm On Apr 24, 2018
Clahws:
In the link shared, it says you have to be atleast a canadian Permanent Resident before you can order for your GCMS note.
How long before I receive a response on GCMS note?

Clahws,

It mustn't be a Permanent Residence of Canada, a citizenship , a Visitor, or a student that is legally residing in Canada can as well help order this note for you. You will need to input their address on the form, phone number, full name, your date of birth, sign and date the form then resend it back to them to order the note on your behalf.

Or better still, simply download the form using this link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy/forms/request-5744.html

Request for the person's address over there in Canada, his full name, phone number and fill the remaining part of the form with your details, then complete payment using your master card in Nigeria.

It takes 30-40days to get a GCMS file.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 8:59pm On Apr 24, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

Legend are you sure about the bolded words? Many?... Why not say a minority of people .
Also, why do you say that submitting an original scanned copy of bank statement looses it originality? I have to refute this because an original bank statement bears an official stamp, signature and bank seal affixed to it. When scanned, it appears exact as the original copy.

Anything scanned is not original as it is merely a transmission. Original means the exact hard copy issued by bank. By that accord, all online applicant’s submission is not original documents. Even originally submitted documents can be inauthentic. CIC’s focus is not whether things submitted are original, but whether they are authentic. I submitted original letter of admission and still CIC had to confirm directly from my school whether they are authentic. VFS Abuja collects bank statements whether they are original or not. Mine was an emailed copy and that was accepted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Frankrobbn1: 9:09pm On Apr 24, 2018
jnyuwa02:

Anything scanned is not original as it is merely a transmission. Original means the exact hard copy issued by bank. By that accord, all online applicant’s submission is not original documents. Even originally submitted documents can be inauthentic. CIC’s focus is not whether things submitted are original, but whether they are authentic. I submitted original letter of admission and still CIC had to confirm directly from my school whether they are authentic. VFS Abuja collects bank statements whether they are original or not. Mine was an emailed copy.
jnyuwa02,

Well, that's not enough to say it looses it originality. As for CIC confirming from your school the legitimacy of your offer might be due to your full funding from USASK, this has to do with funds and CIC don't take it likely when it comes to such aspect, they wanted to be sure if your claims were true and whether your acceptance was aunthetic. Moreover, I also learnt that once an applicant has successfully secured admission into an institution in Canada, the offer letter will be automatically sent to CIC database.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:09pm On Apr 24, 2018
sogima:

This is new, never knew passport can affect visa application

This must be a new VO. The passport can clearly be renewed in Canada before the completion of the program. In the interest of peace though, you might want to tackle that by renewing passport and addressing other ticked prong.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:22pm On Apr 24, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

jnyuwa02,

Well, that's not enough to say it looses it originality. As for CIC conforming from your school the legitimacy of your offer might be due to your full funding from USASK, this has to do with funds and CIC don't take it likely when it comes to such aspect, they wanted to be sure if your claims were true. Moreover, I also learnt that once an applicant has successfully secured admission into an institution in Canada, the offer letter will be automatically sent to CIC database.
Scanned copy can be manipulated and that is what makes it not original. They can confirm anything they want whether you submit original or not. It depends on circumstances, not based on full funding that CIC contacted school. How many people obtain full funding here, do they check with every school? How many people have you seen CIC deny anything citing originality of documents? None. I was the one you probably heard it from that every admission offered to a foreign student, is shared to CIC database. I shared it here sometime back based on a discovery on someone’s Gcms. My advice is for people to submit what is available to them as far as it is authentic. Follow also the VFS policies in your local jurisdiction.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 24, 2018
Famzyactivity:

Online route
All cic documents
Sponsors Employement letter and payslip
Tuition payment
Letter of sponsorship
Applied on the 1st of march
Biometric on the 6th of march
SOP
bank statement from sponsor
Bsc civil Engineering
Masc Mun oil and gas Engineering 2018
3 years working experience in the offshore oil and gas sector
No introductory letter from my company ,payslip nor pension statement and My sop isn't convincing I guess
because i didn't know about nairaland till after I applied

Hello Famzyactivity,

I am so sorry about your reject. You should order for your notes before you reapply. There's still time before Sept.

I also applied to MUN MASc Oil and Gas engineering and still awaiting admission decision.

I believe the Tutition for the whole program is $20,000. Did you pay all $20,000 or you only paid a semester tuition.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Topsonhandsome(m): 1:51am On Apr 25, 2018
Good day everyone... Please is it possible to stay in Canada legally if one is granted a student visa but fails to start schooling immediately because of funds.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayoslas88: 2:53am On Apr 25, 2018
Prudento:

What does your background check status show?

Background check We are processing your background check.

That is what is written there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 4:54am On Apr 25, 2018
Topsonhandsome:
Good day everyone... Please is it possible to stay in Canada legally if one is granted a student visa but fails to start schooling immediately because of funds.

If you fail to report to the Designated Learnining Institution (DLI) or even study the course approved for or maintain full time status (usually nothing less than 15 hours a week of learning instruction), you have violated the conditions of your admission and the school will report you to IRCC. The fear of deportation looms large and you may not be able to legally work or receive medical treatment. You would be considered out of status and have no right to be in Canada. You would be sought and possibly discovered and fished out of your hiding, thrown into prison and deported back to Nigeria. If you succeed in obtaining illegal work and able to fly under the radar and some Nigerians do, you still be living under fear that you could be discovered. And keep in mind that the people providing you illegal work may exploit you by paying you money that is below minimum standard approved by the government. You can only stay 90 days out of status and after that, you cannot apply for any relief in Canada inland. It’s a fearful scenario and I will advice you do all within your power not to fall under this scenario.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by thompson1510(m): 6:17am On Apr 25, 2018
bbclue:

Yes
Been a silent reader of the thread @bbclue, I just gained admission to Concordia Uni for Masters. And I am having issues already.
Maybe its the excitement, I don't know. But I am scared of writing an SOP sef. Please, gonna mail you. I have to be in Canada this year ooo.
Thanks for your help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Prudento: 6:47am On Apr 25, 2018
ayoslas88:

Background check We are processing your background check.

That is what is written there

Mine has been like that for two weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 6:48am On Apr 25, 2018
I hope and pray I get a medical call this week oo !!��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by tayonani: 6:54am On Apr 25, 2018
Martswoll:
I hope and pray I get a medical call this week oo !!��
don't worry, God has done it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by adecoal: 7:56am On Apr 25, 2018
Hi guys.

is a deed of gift possible between my grand father and I?

And can I transfer the money my sponsor put in My dom account back to him after printing my statement or the money has to be there throughout the application

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by gbemiigbal: 8:14am On Apr 25, 2018
Frankrobbn1:

gbemiigbal, why not share this GCMS NOTE so that people with similar case like yours will learn from the input given by different perspectives on the forum. After which you can then pm an expert to review them for you.

Find below the gcms notes. The first note came in from Accra VO then London VO before i was finally refused.

I have answered all the queries, will just need someone to help take a look at it. Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 8:42am On Apr 25, 2018
Topsonhandsome:
NO, it is not possible/legal to stay in Canada without doing what you went there for(studies).This is one of the reason why cic is getting more and more strict with applicants from Nigeria. So, how did you prove you have enough funding for your studies?
NB: PLEASE IF YOU KNOW YOU DONT HAVE FUNDS TO STUDY IN CANADA PLEASE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE OR WAIT TILL YOU HAVE ENOUGH, INSTEAD OF MAKING THINGS HARDER FOR THOSE THAT GENUINELY WANT TO TRAVEL FOR STUDIES

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by AKUPSME: 9:43am On Apr 25, 2018
Please house what is the effect of changing a sponsor,
How I'll it affect a second application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:49am On Apr 25, 2018
mcobex:
NO, it is not possible/legal to stay in Canada without doing what you went there for(studies).This is one of the reason why cic is getting more and more strict with applicants from Nigeria. So, how did you prove you have enough funding for your studies?
NB: PLEASE IF YOU KNOW YOU DONT HAVE FUNDS TO STUDY IN CANADA PLEASE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE OR WAIT TILL YOU HAVE ENOUGH, INSTEAD OF MAKING THINGS HARDER FOR THOSE THAT GENUINELY WANT TO TRAVEL FOR STUDIES

It’s easy to show funds from a relative claiming to support them only for formalities of getting a visa. That is how they do it. You think you fooled them, but the repercussion coming is severe. You arrive CAnada with no money to go to school and find yourself in a dragnet of law barring you from many things. I have had to visit several of these guys in the United States in prison crying like babies. A word they say is enough for the wise.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 9:49am On Apr 25, 2018
AKUPSME:
Please house what is the effect of changing a sponsor,
How I'll it affect a second application
No effect as long as the present sponsor is ready to show commitment and also state his/her reasons for sponsoring you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 9:51am On Apr 25, 2018
adecoal:
Hi guys.

is a deed of gift possible between my grand father and I?

And can I transfer the money my sponsor put in My dom account back to him after printing my statement or the money has to be there throughout the application

Thanks.

Possible of course!! Money has to be there throughout application!! You risk cashing in too quickly and CIC determining you have no money.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by mcobex: 9:55am On Apr 25, 2018
jnyuwa02:

It’s easy to show funds from a relative claiming to support them only for formalities of getting a visa. That is how they do it. You think you fooled them, but the repercussion coming is severe. I have had to visit several of these guys in the United States in prison crying like babies. A word they say is enough for the wise.
It is very annoying, my main issue is that they make things harder for genuine applicants. Whoever goes to jail or gets deported because he wants to play a fast one should be willing to face the music. Before now, cic won't think twice to approve applications once you show funds in your account or go a step further to pay your tuition but now even people with full funding from the Canadian schools get denied and it is becuase of lack of trust.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Nobody: 9:58am On Apr 25, 2018
Topsonhandsome:

My Friend!

This is not possible. I encourage you to stay in Nigeria untill the funds are available.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by MeinKampf: 10:20am On Apr 25, 2018
I've applied for my CAQ since 22nd of March, I'm yet to get a response. Please who knows how to go about handling this CAQ issue, that's the only document delaying my visa application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 11:09am On Apr 25, 2018
So some people said they haven’t seen a status like mine, that is eligibility review and background check both running at the Same time .

So if anybody here knows what’s going on here , she some light Abeg !

Background check don dey under process since shaa, applied February 23 , Biometrics March 1

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by jnyuwa02: 11:12am On Apr 25, 2018
Martswoll:
So some people said they haven’t seen a status like mine, that is eligibility review and background check both running at the Same time .

So if anybody here knows what’s going on here , she some light Abeg !

Background check don dey under process since shaa, applied February 23 , Biometrics March 1

Send Accra an email to update your online portal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by ayoslas88: 11:19am On Apr 25, 2018
How many weeks did your application use on background check
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 by Martswoll: 11:30am On Apr 25, 2018
ayoslas88:
How many weeks did your application use on background check

Roughly 6 weeks , eligibility review started on 20th that’s last Friday .

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (517)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.