Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,064 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

"Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey (57051 Views)

I Never Wanted A Wife In Entertainment Industry – Banky W / Kxng.olu: Oprah Winfrey Replaces The Phone Of A Nigerian Boy With An iPhone 11 / Oprah Winfrey Finally Addresses Her Mother's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by bewla(m): 11:00pm On Mar 10, 2018
stephleena:
candid... anyone could be a mother,but not everyone can be a mother.
ur mama thought u b flying in sky
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by blackbeau1(f): 11:02pm On Mar 10, 2018
dancok:
chai u remind me of my own, Africa can poke nose sha, someone called me and told me i gat to marry now, that even if i still can't get job, that my mum can take care my wife and baby, i smile inside.
as in ehn. If you are not careful and emotionally stable, they'd pressure you into doing something you have no business attempting

3 Likes

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by iomoge2(f): 11:03pm On Mar 10, 2018
Iruobean:
Please Niralanders, I need job. I studied mechanical engineering, I am serving in Rivers State, will be passing out Next month. Pls I need your help as I am willing to work in any firm within out outside the state. Pls help a brother. I have expert k owledge on the use of AutoCAD for various engineering designs. I also have a professional certification on UK HSE level 1,2&3.

Pls help a brother.

Here is my email. Irusam2017@gmail.com

Apply for PR of Aussie or Canada.
You will be glad you did.

Years later u can come back to 9ja .

1 Like

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 11:04pm On Mar 10, 2018
Iruobean:
Please Niralanders, I need job. I studied mechanical engineering, I am serving in Rivers State, will be passing out Next month. Pls I need your help as I am willing to work in any firm within out outside the state. Pls help a brother. I have expert k owledge on the use of AutoCAD for various engineering designs. I also have a professional certification on UK HSE level 1,2&3.

Pls help a brother.

Take your CV to at least 10 oil service companies in Port Harcourt....be bold ask to see the head of these companies.

1 Like

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Trexnemesis(m): 11:04pm On Mar 10, 2018
talk2percy:
I used to respect this woman till I heard her say this trash. So if ur mum was this impatient with u, would one of the most powerful women on earth been saying this trash now?

Na today she dey talk nonsense? Dem say she call herself God almighty sometime ago nah! Thank God kolomental no dey America grin
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by oglalasioux(m): 11:07pm On Mar 10, 2018
stephleena:

Let me paraphrase;

Any woman can make a baby but only a real one can be a mother.

1 Like

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 11:09pm On Mar 10, 2018
Iruobean:

Pls help a brother.

Take your CV to at least 10 oil service companies in Port Harcourt....be bold ask to see the head of these companies...Tell them about how u want to be part of the goals and objectives why this org was set up even if it's for free

1 Like

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Telemundo: 11:10pm On Mar 10, 2018
Nobody is born with motherly instincts, they come with the baby.

I disagree with you Oprah.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by biztip: 11:25pm On Mar 10, 2018
its time Nigerians should start imitating them. d population here is exploding and no exploding of infrastructures. imagine a poor man having 7 children

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by phoenix17(m): 11:32pm On Mar 10, 2018
stephleena:

am nt understanding
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by ikorodureporta: 11:32pm On Mar 10, 2018
All this New Age Illuminati members wey don donate all her offsprings finish
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by kwessiStewie2(m): 11:34pm On Mar 10, 2018
ZombieTAMER:
Now that is class

Instead of being a terrible mother
It's better not to be at all

Not what is obtainable in the shithole though
So if we all decide to run away from things we think we cannot cope with that makes us classy? I don't so thats cowardice and selfishness
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Huntergeeboy03: 11:42pm On Mar 10, 2018
Her story is very interesting! I can't just imagine her mentality towards having babies.However,u should have asked your mother on how Oprah Winfery was born and brought up!
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by santricedupas(m): 11:46pm On Mar 10, 2018
oprah to be candid you Bleep up, you have your money, if you give birth to your then send her to vip baby daycare and leaave them till they turn four, but you must visit regularly, but you don reach menopause stage now, but I still fit Bleep you and give you belle oprah winfrey am available for you.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 11:48pm On Mar 10, 2018
Hmmm.... Is this an rxviss or an assertion?
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by kwessiStewie2(m): 11:51pm On Mar 10, 2018
If u analyse this thing critically you will realize everything is wrong with what she said but of course people will hail it because its coming from Oprah. So because u feel u might not do well with babies u decide not to have one and people think its ok. This is the results of liberalism with their gay agenda, feminism and other weird ideologies. And to think some people wants her to become the next prez of the USA.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by mployer(m): 11:54pm On Mar 10, 2018
XhosaNostra:

She's been with the same man since 1986.

A man she can't marry nor have kids for? Which kind parole be that?
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by tevinsolt: 12:05am On Mar 11, 2018
coputa:
Your insanity stinks for not able to decipher and read the altruism in their words of wisdom.

Mr Altruist. I think you need to go in the dictionary and find the meaning of Altruism.

You're tendency to throw out words without knowledge of meaning is folly. Join the rest of your insane brethren.

Like why are there so many of you idiots on here. Smh
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by emecheboy2(m): 12:20am On Mar 11, 2018
This is the worse excuse ever
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 12:21am On Mar 11, 2018
Xisnin:

Poverty-stricken illiterate.

Bravo!

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Martinez19(m): 12:23am On Mar 11, 2018
Xisnin:

Poverty-stricken illiterate.
it's hard to believe that people actually fall for the illuminati stuff. Truth is musicians and stars hustled their way to the top.

5 Likes

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Yankee101: 12:32am On Mar 11, 2018
Talk say na career over kids.
Alot of Western women do that. Some are freezing their eggs now.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by freshdude99(m): 1:03am On Mar 11, 2018
OneCorner:

indirectly telling us what's on ur mind
Exactly how black panther was celebrating African witchcraft in the name of one mumu titanium abi na bitinium
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by tealaw(m): 2:02am On Mar 11, 2018
She regretting.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Nchetttaa(f): 2:10am On Mar 11, 2018
thesicilian:
People who for one reason or the other are not able to bear children always claim they are the ones who decided not to.

u have not heard of IVF? If she wants a child now, at this age? She could easily do IVF and get.. Sharp sharp sef

1 Like

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by KanwuliaExtra: 2:27am On Mar 11, 2018
At least she knows herself.
Every woman for herself.

But come o?

Is it not after you “born” the pikin motherly instinct go come out? undecided

For you to have any kind of “motherly instinct”, you have to be a MOTHER first!

Then you can say for sure if it is present or absent. It would have been better if she stated she did not have a “nurturing instinct”! kiss

Nor be for mouth o!

1 Like

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by marticeus(m): 2:38am On Mar 11, 2018
A big nay for Oprah on this issue, she is totally wrong. She needs to tell us more sweeter lies and not this crap.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by babzo(m): 2:45am On Mar 11, 2018
thesicilian:
People who for one reason or the other are not able to bear children always claim they are the ones who decided not to.

You think its Nigeria where not having a child is a source of disgrace?

Abeg park well

3 Likes

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by babzo(m): 2:47am On Mar 11, 2018
kwessiStewie2:
If u analyse this thing critically you will realize everything is wrong with what she said but of course people will hail it because its coming from Oprah. So because u feel u might not do well with babies u decide not to have one and people think its ok. This is the results of liberalism with their gay agenda, feminism and other weird ideologies. And to think some people wants her to become the next prez of the USA.

So she should have children because you want her to? You think its Oshodi or Aba where you have children like rabbits even when you cant take proper care of them?

Oga use your brain.

3 Likes

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by linearity: 3:01am On Mar 11, 2018
stephleena:

You clearly don’t understand the English Language... ‘Could’ is the same as ‘Can’ and as such your construction does not make sense.

I understand your intents, but ‘Could’ is the past tense of ‘Can’...and have the same meanings, except for their time variations.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by akintomide2000: 3:04am On Mar 11, 2018
If every woman is like u, who will give birth to u
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 3:26am On Mar 11, 2018
Anything nigerians hear must have spiritual undertone.

Oprah sold her womb for fame ? Kai!

My colleague is 6 years into her marriage and she has two dogs as her babies. She doesn't want children.

As naija na, maybe I should advise her to seek spiritual counseling to see who is playing ludo with her destiny? cheesy grin

I just pray she doesn't misinterpret my help as interferance & shot me cos depression and gun no dey finish for this people life . grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Femi Falana: I Am Not Busola And Timi Dakolo’s Lawyer / Bukunmi Adeaga-Ilori: Kie Kie Is Pregnant / Funny Photo About Teebillz Suicide Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.