Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

"Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey (57057 Views)

I Never Wanted A Wife In Entertainment Industry – Banky W / Kxng.olu: Oprah Winfrey Replaces The Phone Of A Nigerian Boy With An iPhone 11 / Oprah Winfrey Finally Addresses Her Mother's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by AceDomino(m): 9:07am On Mar 11, 2018
Her problem is her yawa
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by BABANGBALI: 9:23am On Mar 11, 2018
Liar! I'm sure she has used her womb for risual so as to pompular and reach.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 11, 2018
9jvirgin:

Illiteracy is lunacy.

yeah, i guess the moral lesson here for our young gals is not to have kids so that they can be millionaires
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by opribo(m): 9:53am On Mar 11, 2018
OldBeer:
You wey get kids everywhere, who sabi you.
Oprah's name will still live on past your 50th generation.

I don't engage in useless and baseless argument sir, but know it today time waits for nobody, do what you got to do fast and move on.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by OldBeer: 10:01am On Mar 11, 2018
opribo:

I don't engage in useless and baseless argument sir, but know it today time waits for nobody, do what you got to do fast and move on.
Go siddon.
Oprah has already done that and will forever be remembered unlike you who is barely known even as you are alive.
Next time think before you spill rubbish.

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by opribo(m): 10:06am On Mar 11, 2018
OldBeer:
Go siddon.
Oprah has already done that and will forever be remembered unlike you who is barely known even as you are alive.
Next time think before you spill rubbish.

So must every body be known, can't one have a quiet, peaceful and fulfilled life anymore.

I really don't understand your thought processes man.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by ensamy(m): 10:06am On Mar 11, 2018
She is not romantic at all. No man would desire her tongue sad sad shocked
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 10:07am On Mar 11, 2018
Emycord:
NO SHE MEANT ANYONE CAN GIVE BIRTH TO A BABY BUT NOT EVERY ONE CAN NURSE AND CARE FOR A CHILD

As in! You can just see people who have a brain and people who don't by those quoting her

1 Like

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by talk2percy(m): 10:24am On Mar 11, 2018
OldBeer:
Whether you respect her or not, you are still a nobody.
And will remain so.
u want my attention so badly, right? I don't have time for nonentities and black sheep like u. Fuk off my quote and mind ur wasted life. Vegetables seeking attentions here and there. Ur type should go to thanksgiving for the gift of social media because outside ur immediate family nobody will hear of u till u die in obscurity. Nitwit, as if Oprah knows that a useless life like u is existing somewhere.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by OldBeer: 10:27am On Mar 11, 2018
talk2percy:
u want my attention so badly, right? I don't have time for nonentities and black sheep like u. Fuk off my quote and mind ur wasted life. Vegetables seeking attentions here and there. Ur type should go to thanksgiving for the gift of social media because outside ur immediate family nobody will hear of u till u die in obscurity. Nitwit, as if Oprah knows that a useless life like u is existing somewhere.
cheesy cheesy cheesy E pain am!
Your rantings does not change the fact that you and your descendants will forever remain nobodies when compared to Oprah.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by ahmg001(m): 10:35am On Mar 11, 2018
franchasng:
She is not alone.

Current UK Prime Minister Theresa May didnt give birth.

And of course not everybody loves dealing with marriage and children wahala.

Me, i only love kids from 1yr 6 months and above. When they are below 1yr, they scare me kind of
. Nt bcus she neva wanted to have.bt was unlucky to conceive. She still feel bad abt it though
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Thewesterner(m): 10:46am On Mar 11, 2018
thesicilian:
People who for one reason or the other are not able to bear children always claim they are the ones who decided not to.
Good bless you
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Xisnin(m): 10:48am On Mar 11, 2018
Bluffly:
She lacks attitude, that's all.
You must be joking. The easiest thing for a woman to do is get pregnant, it is
even easier for Americans because the women can easily visit a sperm bank.

1 Like

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Bluffly: 11:44am On Mar 11, 2018
Xisnin:

You must be joking. The easiest thing for a woman to do is get pregnant, it is
even easier for Americans because the women can easily visit a sperm bank.
I'm sure you don't understand the post. She said she can't withstand talking to someone who don't respond, and I still maintain that she lacks attitude for family. She is obviously not the listening type for family relationship development, she obviously won't be patient and caring. She is the type that will be more concerned about just herself.

So please read and understand as it is not about how easy it is to get pregnant and bear a child, but nurturing growth.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Adefemiaderoju1: 12:05pm On Mar 11, 2018
Let see who will take over your empire when you are gone.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Chimezirim121: 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2018
jiblotech2:
American billionaire and media mogul, Oprah Winfrey, in a recent interview, says she never wanted children because she doesn’t have motherly instincts.

The 64-year-old billionaire believes she would have been a terrible mother because she can’t communicate with anyone who cannot speak.

Oprah opened up about her decision not to have children during a sit down with Gwyneth Paltrow‘s first episode of “The Goop” podcast.

She told Paltrow she could never have raised two babies like Paltrow has done because raising babies would have been too frustrating.

“I don’t think I would have been a good mother for baby children, because I need you to talk to me, and I need you to tell me what’s wrong,” she said. “I can’t just figure it out. I knew this about myself.”

I was always better with kids once they turned two-and-a-half, three, I had a real resonance with them. Gayle (King) was like, ‘Don’t you love babies?’ I was like, ‘Oh, babies are fine.’ It didn’t feel like [having babies] was for me.”
she said

read details @ https://www..com/never-wanted-children-billionaire-oprah-winfrey/

HORRIBLE REASON FOR NOT HAVING KIDS, IF YOUR MOTHER WAS ABLE TO COMMUNICATE TO YOU WHILE YOU WERE SMALL, YOU TOO CAN DO SAME.
WHAT ABOUT GETTING A NANNY? .#WHAT#AN#UNREASONABLE#EXCUSE#
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Daeylar(f): 12:57pm On Mar 11, 2018
Nice that she knew that kids and marriage are not for her and she stuck to that and didn't allow her mind to be changed.

I respect that so much about her.

Hopefully we get to a point where people don't need to explain why they don't want to have kids.
It's a choice to have kids or to get married.
No one needs to explain why they don't want either.

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Xisnin(m): 1:23pm On Mar 11, 2018
Bluffly:

I'm sure you don't understand the post. She said she can't withstand talking to someone who don't respond, and I still maintain that she lacks attitude for family. She is obviously not the listening type for family relationship development, she obviously won't be patient and caring. She is the type that will be more concerned about just herself.

So please read and understand as it is not about how easy it is to get pregnant and bear a child, but nurturing growth.

It is you who don't understand, you do not need an "attitude" to raise a child, many of those
criticising her are no better mothers. Since there are no certifications for motherhood, any
woman can give birth and train a child whichever way she deemed fit.
That Oprah came out to state her view doesn't make any one better than her in "attitude", she is
just one of the few self-reflecting people we have out there.

2 Likes

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by kwinsliy(m): 2:08pm On Mar 11, 2018
Some Nigerians self. Every little thing they want to attach spiritual meaning to it. over spirituality and superstition is one of our drawbacks. I as a person have decided am not having children for reasons best understood by me. And am not into anything fetish. And i intend to get married. And live my life with my wife alone. Cant do children wahala.

you can like if we are on the same page.

1 Like

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Temysteve(m): 2:19pm On Mar 11, 2018
DIYhackers:
What do you know..
water!
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 2:36pm On Mar 11, 2018
SenR:

Shattap!.... she don go sell her womb give illuminati demon finish, kom dey talk say na she no want pikin.

One day we go know d truth.

Exactly what i was thinking grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 2:37pm On Mar 11, 2018
Xisnin:
Poverty-stricken illiterate.
You say
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by CHUKWUNOLOGICAL(m): 2:39pm On Mar 11, 2018
9jvirgin:

Illiteracy is lunacy.
Please elaborate grin grin grin
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by shawnmendes: 2:49pm On Mar 11, 2018
thesicilian:
People who for one reason or the other are not able to bear children always claim they are the ones who decided not to.
She's a billionaire. She can have a child right now if she wants. Let people be!!
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Bluffly: 2:57pm On Mar 11, 2018
Xisnin:

It is you who don't understand, you do not need an "attitude" to raise a child, many of those
criticising her are no better mothers. Since there are no certifications for motherhood, any
woman can give birth and train a child whichever way she deemed fit.
That Oprah came out to state her view doesn't make any one better than her in "attitude", she is
just one of the few self-reflecting people we have out there.
Bye bye. Please also ask ask yourself why she choose to keep a relationship that has no intention of marriage for over 30 years?
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by highway215(m): 3:00pm On Mar 11, 2018
Nairalanders,pls I need somebody to help a brother who is with the sum of 1.5m suggest the type of lucrative business to do?
Pls,don't even think of scamming me because if you do,then you have killed somebody because it's straight death,I mean it.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Godnifemi(m): 3:10pm On Mar 11, 2018
Follygunners:

The difference is...
A mother is any female animal that conceives / get pregnant to bear offsprings.

A mummy is any female animal that sacrifices herself (time, energy, efforts etc..) educating, weaning, nuturing and bringing up the offsprings.

So a lady that bears a child and later gives it up for adoption is a mother NOT a mummy. That's why adopted kids have mothers and mummies at the same time.

Even ducklings would always follow the hen NOT duck that hatches them... vice versa.

It's called nature!

What a good definition, maybe the Bible shud be rewritten or what do you think cos I checked through but didn't see anywhere mummy was mentioned. U can give any definition to mother or mummy, I care less but I wanna believe even in the holy books, there's no where mummy was mentioned so I'll say, d term mummy is human translation and human originated, my mother would always be mother and not my mummy because I know a mother and not a mummy. We abandon our own traditions and carry another tradition and we r so good in defending anoda tradition whereas ours lies in waste.
There's no amount of words u can use to convince me because even till date a mummy is never celebrated rather a mother all over the world. I don't know if that strikes a point.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Follygunners: 3:43pm On Mar 11, 2018
Godnifemi:

What a good definition, maybe the Bible shud be rewritten or what do you think cos I checked through but didn't see anywhere mummy was mentioned. U can give any definition to mother or mummy, I care less but I wanna believe even in the holy books, there's no where mummy was mentioned so I'll say, d term mummy is human translation and human originated, my mother would always be mother and not my mummy because I know a mother and not a mummy. We abandon our own traditions and carry another tradition and we r so good in defending anoda tradition whereas ours lies in waste.
There's no amount of words u can use to convince me because even till date a mummy is never celebrated rather a mother all over the world. I don't know if that strikes a point.

I see ur kind of person and won't get into any arguments. You're one of the many rigid fellows that only see what you want to see. You use Christianity as a disguise and veil to satisfying ur greed.

What if tomorrow morning, you're quietly called into a private room by both ur supposedly 'parents'. They now reveal to you that they're not ur biological parents and you're adopted by them at 6mths old. So do you stop referring to them as ur parents even though they're not ur biological parents?

You need to stop analyzing the bible wrongly for foolish justification. Ask the holy spirit for divine guidance.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Laple0541(m): 3:58pm On Mar 11, 2018
Follygunners:

Spare parts job don finish for dat side of 9ja ni? No be so all of una dey claim? Engineer ko, Spare parts ni.

Use your brain for once...
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Follygunners: 4:21pm On Mar 11, 2018
Laple0541:

Use your brain for once...

undecided
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by khvnggift(m): 5:01pm On Mar 11, 2018
Somebody shuld tel her to coma adopt me eee.
D richest woman in d world ;DSomebody shuld tel her to coma adopt me eee.
D richest woman in d world
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 6:17pm On Mar 11, 2018
jiblotech2:
American billionaire and media mogul, Oprah Winfrey, in a recent interview, says she never wanted children because she doesn’t have motherly instincts.

The 64-year-old billionaire believes she would have been a terrible mother because she can’t communicate with anyone who cannot speak.

Oprah opened up about her decision not to have children during a sit down with Gwyneth Paltrow‘s first episode of “The Goop” podcast.

She told Paltrow she could never have raised two babies like Paltrow has done because raising babies would have been too frustrating.

“I don’t think I would have been a good mother for baby children, because I need you to talk to me, and I need you to tell me what’s wrong,” she said. “I can’t just figure it out. I knew this about myself.”

I was always better with kids once they turned two-and-a-half, three, I had a real resonance with them. Gayle (King) was like, ‘Don’t you love babies?’ I was like, ‘Oh, babies are fine.’ It didn’t feel like [having babies] was for me.”
she said

read details @ https://www..com/never-wanted-children-billionaire-oprah-winfrey/

That is not a reason.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wizkid Buys House In Los Angeles?(photos) / Kefee Laid To Rest In Her Hometown (Pictures) / Stefflon Don Reveals What She Wants From Burna Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.