Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,044 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

"Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey (57050 Views)

I Never Wanted A Wife In Entertainment Industry – Banky W / Kxng.olu: Oprah Winfrey Replaces The Phone Of A Nigerian Boy With An iPhone 11 / Oprah Winfrey Finally Addresses Her Mother's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 3:50am On Mar 11, 2018
thesicilian:
People who for one reason or the other are not able to bear children always claim they are the ones who decided not to.

i swear, i had this same thought...liars everywhere.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by PDPGuy: 4:09am On Mar 11, 2018
Her life, her choice.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 4:13am On Mar 11, 2018
madridguy:
If na for Naija bad belle people go don say she use her womb for money grin grin

VERY TRUE; TYPICAL RANT OF SHITHOLERS
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Realali(f): 4:36am On Mar 11, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
She sold her womb....

Who she wan deceive?

Know mind her this woman can lie for the world... She first lied that she was rape when she was kid which comes out to be a 100% lie now she don come up with another store Na wa o
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Situation001(m): 4:48am On Mar 11, 2018
she had a baby in 1968 and the baby died in 1969..

who even knows if she's d one dat did the killing herself coz of ds her lame excuse..
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Boss13: 4:53am On Mar 11, 2018
thesicilian:
People who for one reason or the other are not able to bear children always claim they are the ones who decided not to.

This is an epic response because I find her reason ridiculous. It’s just 3 years of compromise. Those are difficult times when you actually can’t understand a child. However, it’s not sufficient reason for not being a mother. You don’t only be a mother for 3 years, you are a mother for the rest of the child’s life.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by kenodrill: 5:18am On Mar 11, 2018
There's a great sense of fulfillment when living a liberal life..
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by marylandcakes: 5:33am On Mar 11, 2018
Xisnin:

No they don't, they run from one church and priest to another, while asking people to pray for them.
Some desperate ones even buy kids from baby factory.

Those who decides not to have kids don't do any of the above.

My thoughts exactly, not everyone needs to have kids but our Nigerian mentality can never get pass that.

1 Like

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Reference(m): 5:38am On Mar 11, 2018
Because ma'am you are selfish and self serving basically.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by achiever12: 5:41am On Mar 11, 2018
jiblotech2:
American billionaire and media mogul, Oprah Winfrey, in a recent interview, says she never wanted children because she doesn’t have motherly instincts.

The 64-year-old billionaire believes she would have been a terrible mother because she can’t communicate with anyone who cannot speak.

Oprah opened up about her decision not to have children during a sit down with Gwyneth Paltrow‘s first episode of “The Goop” podcast.

She told Paltrow she could never have raised two babies like Paltrow has done because raising babies would have been too frustrating.

“I don’t think I would have been a good mother for baby children, because I need you to talk to me, and I need you to tell me what’s wrong,” she said. “I can’t just figure it out. I knew this about myself.”

I was always better with kids once they turned two-and-a-half, three, I had a real resonance with them. Gayle (King) was like, ‘Don’t you love babies?’ I was like, ‘Oh, babies are fine.’ It didn’t feel like [having babies] was for me.”
she said

read details @ https://www..com/never-wanted-children-billionaire-oprah-winfrey/

Ev.ery woman is created with motherly instinct
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Reference(m): 5:42am On Mar 11, 2018
marylandcakes:

My thoughts exactly, not everyone needs to have kids but our Nigerian mentality can never get pass that.

Reproduction is a necessity for those with positive sustainable values. If one has nothing positive to contribute to society then there is absolutely no need to have further copies.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by InvertedHammer: 5:53am On Mar 11, 2018
thesicilian:

/
Don't mind them.

She couldn't have baby and she couldn't adopt?

Na she sabi.
/
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by XhosaNostra(f): 6:02am On Mar 11, 2018
mployer:

A man she can't marry nor have kids for? Which kind parole be that?

Well, that's probably his decision too. She's not holding him hostage, is she?

1 Like

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by coputa(m): 6:04am On Mar 11, 2018
tevinsolt:

Mr Altruist. I think you need to go in the dictionary and find the meaning of Altruism.

You're tendency to throw out words without knowledge of meaning is folly. Join the rest of your insane brethren.

Like why are there so many of you idiots on here. Smh
Your diatribe smacks of a toddler.Stop throwing tantrums at your superiors.You cannot stand my fire power.Your idiosyncratic tendency was clearly evident in your last post.BYE,!!
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 6:22am On Mar 11, 2018
No that's not what she meant. In your sentence, by using 'could' twice you are only repeating yourself.

Read her sentence slowly again....you will see the modal verb 'could' and 'can' explains everything. You will understand why she is making hella sense and you are notgrin
Follygunners:

You mean, anyone could be a mother but, NOT everyone could be a "mummy"

1 Like

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by SAMBARRY: 6:23am On Mar 11, 2018
thesicilian:
she once had a child.ode

1 Like

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Nobody: 6:30am On Mar 11, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:
She sold her womb....

Who she wan deceive?
Her Golden Womb, abi? No! Diamond Womb? Why would u not believe what she said was her reason?

African mentality de worry you!
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by opribo(m): 6:45am On Mar 11, 2018
Lies upon lies.

Every woman longs to be a mother that's the supernatural power and gift they have in this world.
Someone gave birth to her why would she say that she can't communicate with children. Who doesn't like children. Instead of her to say she is empty now without her own fruits she is trying to keep up a face. She has wasted her time chasing money and leaving the main thing. What a life no one to carry on from where she stops.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Sadiqullahi(m): 6:48am On Mar 11, 2018
grin
madridguy:
If na for Naija bad belle people go don say she use her womb for money grin grin
who knows?
madridguy:
who knows?
madridguy:
who knows?
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by EagleEyes001(m): 6:54am On Mar 11, 2018
madridguy:
Before weytin she come use for?
Marry she no marry, pikin she no get. She Come here they give excuse to justify her actions. Ask late MJ and others
Story for the gods.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by pressplay411(m): 7:15am On Mar 11, 2018
thesicilian:

Lol you get sense.
That Oprah said it doesn't mean it's right. Role models are not perfect, so guess she just expressed her flaw.
I wish her all the best (every one thinks she has it all but no)
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by femi4: 7:19am On Mar 11, 2018
stephleena:
candid... anyone could be a mother, give birth to a child but not everyone can be a mother.
fixed
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Sinof(m): 7:40am On Mar 11, 2018
SenR:

Shattap!.... she don go sell her womb give illuminati demon finish, kom dey talk say na she no want pikin.

One day we go know d truth.
U No Go Knw Any Truth Till U Kpeme. U Feel Say Na Nollywood Movie Wey 'Witch' Go Confess All Her Bad Deeds B4 She Die?
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by OldBeer: 7:55am On Mar 11, 2018
talk2percy:
I used to respect this woman till I heard her say this trash. So if ur mum was this impatient with u, would one of the most powerful women on earth been saying this trash now?
Whether you respect her or not, you are still a nobody.
And will remain so.

1 Like

Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by OldBeer: 7:58am On Mar 11, 2018
opribo:
Lies upon lies.

Every woman longs to be a mother that's the supernatural power and gift they have in this world.
Someone gave birth to her why would she say that she can't communicate with children. Who doesn't like children. Instead of her to say she is empty now without her own fruits she is trying to keep up a face. She has wasted her time chasing money and leaving the main thing. What a life no one to carry on from where she stops.
You wey get kids everywhere, who sabi you.
Oprah's name will still live on past your 50th generation.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 8:08am On Mar 11, 2018
she can adopt me since she need an adult baby... I don't mind her age, I will oil her engine like never before... cheesy
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Walexybobo(m): 8:18am On Mar 11, 2018
A snake passing on a rock without a mark. a wastful generation of urs.
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by BiafranBushBoy: 8:18am On Mar 11, 2018
Realali:

Know mind her this woman can lie for the world... She first lied that she was rape when she was kid which comes out to be a 100% lie now she don come up with another store Na wa o

Better girl...
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by Born2Breed(f): 8:48am On Mar 11, 2018
jiblotech2:
American billionaire and media mogul, Oprah Winfrey, in a recent interview, says she never wanted children because she doesn’t have motherly instincts.

The 64-year-old billionaire believes she would have been a terrible mother because she can’t communicate with anyone who cannot speak.

Oprah opened up about her decision not to have children during a sit down with Gwyneth Paltrow‘s first episode of “The Goop” podcast.

She told Paltrow she could never have raised two babies like Paltrow has done because raising babies would have been too frustrating.

“I don’t think I would have been a good mother for baby children, because I need you to talk to me, and I need you to tell me what’s wrong,” she said. “I can’t just figure it out. I knew this about myself.”

I was always better with kids once they turned two-and-a-half, three, I had a real resonance with them. Gayle (King) was like, ‘Don’t you love babies?’ I was like, ‘Oh, babies are fine.’ It didn’t feel like [having babies] was for me.”
she said

read details @ https://www..com/never-wanted-children-billionaire-oprah-winfrey/

How do you communicate with that dog you cherish so much?
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by joe4christ(m): 8:59am On Mar 11, 2018
I hope she is sincerely saying the truth about how she feels on the matter. And I hope she won't regret it on her dying bed. Its easy to be vocal about your opinion, but mere words don't translates to fact!

Wish her luck, I hope she don't die a lonely woman!
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by kwessiStewie2(m): 9:04am On Mar 11, 2018
babzo:

So she should have children because you want her to? You think its Oshodi or Aba where you have children like rabbits even when you cant take proper care of them?

Oga use your brain.
The reasons she gave is unreasonable
Re: "Why I Never Wanted Children" - Oprah Winfrey by PearlFFS(f): 9:06am On Mar 11, 2018
It's her decision!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Femi Falana: I Am Not Busola And Timi Dakolo’s Lawyer / Bukunmi Adeaga-Ilori: Kie Kie Is Pregnant / Funny Photo About Teebillz Suicide Attempt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.