Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,898 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? (22567 Views)

What Thing Makes You Feel Ashamed Any Time You Remember It? / Coping With Loss of a loved one / How Do U Feel If Nobody Likes,Comments On Ur Thread? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Mekumeh: 8:54pm On Mar 12, 2018
Why is it only my birthday my parents remember? Are they trying to tell me something?
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by oliviacute(f): 8:55pm On Mar 12, 2018
I would be infuriated,but I won't be quick to judge them because everyone has his or her own problems in life,they might be thinking of other things that could make them forget... But I will just have to let them know that I didn't get a wish from them
Only their response will make me know wuzup
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by supersaz66(m): 8:56pm On Mar 12, 2018
Removed my birth date on fb. Not even my girlfriend could remember. Like 6 people only remembered
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by KhadyM(f): 8:57pm On Mar 12, 2018
It beats me how some people forget their own birthdays. Once its my birth month..every day is a countdown to the big day.

I once texted my crush to wish him a happy birthday and he was surprised and said he had forgotten. He's one of those people who hasnt put their bday on facebook. But still... how do you forget your own big day? You might as well not even know how old you are hehehehe

1 Like

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 12, 2018
I used to think it was only ladies that care about stuff like this. Well for me I doubt anyone will forget mine, not after the pre- birthday announcement I will be making grin.

I think I will do this on my next birthday, I know the result already, I bet only one person will remember undecided

1 Like

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by SpaceAngel: 9:03pm On Mar 12, 2018
Birthday, I don't even remember so I would not mind if another person doesn't. There are more important things that occupy my mind and birthday is not among them.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Divay22(f): 9:11pm On Mar 12, 2018
It hurts
I remember when almost everyone forgot my birthday, I cried ehn..
I so much cried that day, it was later in the evening i got a text from my mum.. That made me smile a Lil bit..

But now. Babe is so strong.. I don't even want them to remember, lemme just do my thing and move on..

I love myself so much, I'll spoil myself and i don't need to wait for someone else validation.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by odikomo1(m): 9:14pm On Mar 12, 2018
Now 28, Bro as you grow older you will realize they are better things to keep you busy and worried than a
forgotten birthday.

Please excuse my Bible analogy, Apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; now that I have become a man, I am done with childish ways and have put them aside.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by ashjay001(m): 9:17pm On Mar 12, 2018
snowden9:

Yup. It didn't put me down that much anyway. It's gonna take something bigger than a forgotten birthday to bring me down but you know what they say, the best kinda love and friendship is when the people you love and care about shows that same love and care to you as well.
Thanks bro.

My mom, rarely forgets. Calls everyone(kids, grandkids), and, reminds others too, to call. Then, she had a partial strokeangry

I deleted it on fb sha. Though, I have friends, who call, once in a year from all over, to say hi n share a few words.

My spouse? forgets wella. I take it in stride.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by hollamat(m): 9:21pm On Mar 12, 2018
Me wey dey forget my own birthday ko if not for Facebook

I just dey look u like this lipsrsealed

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by charlsecy(m): 10:02pm On Mar 12, 2018
snowden9:
So, Yesterday was my birthday but before that, two days to my birthday, i changed my facebook birthday date to another date. I really wanted to know if my close friends knew my date and won't be waiting for any facebook reminder.......
In all sincerity, I think you have NO point!!!
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by funshint(m): 10:06pm On Mar 12, 2018
snowden9:
So, Yesterday was my birthday but before that, two days to my birthday, i changed my facebook birthday date to another date. I really wanted to know if my close friends knew my date and won't be waiting for any facebook reminder.

The result i got though have really made me to ask myself if my 'close friends' are really my close friends. My 'best friend' that I've known for nine years now haven't called me up till today to wish me happy birthday or apologize for not remembering. I remember trying to call him on his birthday and his number wasn't going through, i had to call his girlfriend in order to reach him and his comment when I later got through to him that night was 'It's now you're calling me since morning'. Likewise my female 'bestie' that I've known for 6 years now,she hasn't called either. The list goes on. My dad, in his late 60s though, didn't remember my birthday as well. I had to tell my mum and siblings not to remind him so I'll see if he remembers. At 28,i believe I'm not a kid though to be wanting affection and birthday wishes from my old man but I just feel it's something a parent shouldn't forget. To crown it all, I got a girlfriend this past January and Yea, she forgot my birthday as well after most recently telling her last week Thursday. She called and texted today to apologize but I just told her to give me a week off without calls, texts or visits. Although she didn't agree and was still persistent but that's the verdict I have for her.

All in all though, I was and I'm still kinda disappointed with these 'Key' people in my life that I expected not to ever forget such an important day to me but they all did. But still, I don't think it should make me change my mindset towards them even though it hurts.

So guys, passing the speech stick to you, 'How would you feel if your loved one forgot your birthday?'
u're 28 but still a kid inside. Real men don't even remember their birthday!
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by vroy(m): 10:07pm On Mar 12, 2018
Me sef dey forget many birthdays, my papa Don wish me last e Don tey, Abeg forgive her jare
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Bahddo(m): 10:11pm On Mar 12, 2018
Who cares? There are more important things to think about.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by gidicouture: 10:14pm On Mar 12, 2018
Donald3d:
I dont feel bad .I forget peoples own too sometimes .
Man dey hustle, dey write code like werey, make we blow like Seun, me wey get the birthday sef I remember say I dey do birthday ?
Na money and hustle sure pass, when we blow we go dey think of birthday grin grin grin grin
I once forgot my birthday if not my friend dat called me in d morning
probably it was due to camp stress cos I was on NYSC camp den Tsafe even my bestie on camp forgot and K told him a night before, dat one is accepted
but ur loved one haba... it's not ideal
don't forget "loved one"...Whoever d partner might be U must have been friend zone expecially if it is a female partner day forgot
cos birthday date is one of d components their brain is made off
if ur gf forget ur birthday...u are just her money bag
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by KillerBeauty(f): 10:21pm On Mar 12, 2018
To op is being unnecessary dramatic and childish. So u need external validation from people to feel good about yourself. Until you realize that people most times spent 99% of their time thinking about themselves and their problems the better for u.
So op get engaged with some wholesome activities I promise you won't even remember your birthday not to talk about fussing over other people not remembering.

And to think you want to break up with your girl because of that sef. What will happen if your wife forgets your wedding anniversary, would you divorce her?
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by chukzyfcbb: 10:39pm On Mar 12, 2018
machew.....I am the type that even switch off my phone on birthday just to avoid Phone calls. I don't like all that mushy mushy feeling of oooohhh happy birthday, you are so so age now bla bla, all that shi.t don't freak me.

If someone like me don't care Mich about my birthday, don't be angry when I don't care bout yours too. Its not because I careless about you, its because I see birthday as just another day.

It should be more of a day for Sober Reflection

To me Birthday usually come with a BIG DAWNING REALITY. like Yo! You are facking old, what are you doing with your life, is this where you wanted to be as so so age rather than they hype and razzmatazz and booze bullshi.t

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by chukzyfcbb: 10:45pm On Mar 12, 2018
beautiful232:
Babe If you ask me,I will say just forget it, at my age, nobody has gotten me any gift on my birthday

or even call,they only wish me on Facebook

but guess what? I don't care...I just keep believing that one day,I will have so many birthday cakes,gift and even a car on my birthday.and the person might be my husband.

it's not just the time..so don't feel emotional bout it.

Happy birthday dearie...
I don't believe someone with this huge butt won't get even a call from a toaster/Crush on her birthday.

#Lekwanu Ukwu :-) grin
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Mar 12, 2018
chukzyfcbb:
machew.....I am the type that even switch off my phone on birthday just to avoid Phone calls. I don't like all that mushy mushy feeling of oooohhh happy birthday, you are so so age now bla bla, all that shi.t don't freak me.

If someone like me don't care Mich about my birthday, don't be angry when I don't care bout yours too. Its not because I careless about you, its because I see birthday as just another day.

It should be more of a day for Sober Reflection

To me Birthday usually come with a BIG DAWNING REALITY. like Yo! You are facking old, what are you doing with your life, is this where you wanted to be as so so age rather than they hype and razzmatazz and booze bullshi.t
Well said, but truth is that birthdays come with this emotional feeling and even if the whole world wish you a very fat birthday and that special person is missing in the equation, then the other wishes will look like trash.
sincerely speaking, someone forgetting your birthday is not a yard-stick to measure to what extent that person really care.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Padua30: 11:23pm On Mar 12, 2018
me wey d 4get my own sometimes nko? abeg go on with ur life people have so many things bothering them not once birthday
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Kaycee9242(m): 11:36pm On Mar 12, 2018
Bros u are right somehow to be annoyed, see d truth is dis b4 d advent of Facebook ppl always rem their friend bday dates some do write it on their diaries in order not to forget but since u now kno dt fb will always remind y wud u still stress ur brain wen oda pressing matters must av occupied it, take for instance d issue of date on our phone, it makes ppl not to remember dates again, if u are given a form to fill now u will always look at ur phone to check date but it wasn't dt way b4. Dts my take
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Freeman50(m): 11:41pm On Mar 12, 2018
beautiful232:
Babe If you ask me,I will say just forget it, at my age, nobody has gotten me any gift on my birthday

or even call,they only wish me on Facebook

but guess what? I don't care...I just keep believing that one day,I will have so many birthday cakes,gift and even a car on my birthday.and the person might be my husband.

it's not just the time..so don't feel emotional bout it.

Happy birthday dearie...
sweetheart, you look sweet. what's the secret behind your beauty?
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Holahtunez(m): 11:43pm On Mar 12, 2018
I never feel bad cuz av never known what it is to be loved
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by campbelljosh(m): 12:07am On Mar 13, 2018
It's very bad but I can truly say people got a lot on their brain that can't be seen in physical. You can assume someone Is stable financially,have a car,living comfortably but mind you people of this modern days ain't good with dates no more. If people wish me happy birthday, fine;even if my partner didn't life goes on.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by terzurum(m): 12:40am On Mar 13, 2018
snowden9:
So, Yesterday was my birthday but before that, two days to my birthday, i changed my facebook birthday date to another date. I really wanted to had to tell my mum and siblings not to remind him so I'll ...

So guys, passing the speech stick to you, 'How would you feel if your loved one forgot your birthday?'
You think say 2018 Na 1980 BA? De kind hustle weh deh now Na (X2) of wetin deh in those days weh we de remember ppl Birthday come waka enter supermarket buy card or them. No de disturb ppl with this nonsense. I need money to position my poultry farm.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Rozaytee: 12:41am On Mar 13, 2018
i will simply do mine back by forgetting his bday shikena...
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by PotatoSalad(m): 2:37am On Mar 13, 2018
KillerBeauty:
To op is being unnecessary dramatic and childish. So u need external validation from people to feel good about yourself. Until you realize that people most times spent 99% of their time thinking about themselves and their problems the better for u.
So op get engaged with some wholesome activities I promise you won't even remember your birthday not to talk about fussing over other people not remembering.

And to think you want to break up with your girl because of that sef. What will happen if your wife forgets your wedding anniversary, would you divorce her?
Shut the hell up!
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by PotatoSalad(m): 2:42am On Mar 13, 2018
Op, it's ok to feel bad. But Don't worry, it's all good. The circle keeps getting smaller as you grow older.
Told a girl that I don't really care much about my own birthday. I do stay in and watch movies or play some games. THAT I'VE NEVER HAD A BIRTHDAY CAKE. She was surprised and said it's all gon change. My birthday is in two weeks and she promised to make it the best so far.
Don't mind all these people pretending that they care less, they are dying inside lol

1 Like

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Em5(m): 3:17am On Mar 13, 2018
snowden9:
So, Yesterday was my birthday but before that, two days to my birthday, i changed my facebook birthday date to another date. I really wanted to know if my close friends knew my date and won't be waiting for any facebook reminder.

The result i got though have really made me to ask myself if my 'close friends' are really my close friends. My 'best friend' that I've known for nine years now haven't called me up till today to wish me happy birthday or apologize for not remembering. I remember trying to call him on his birthday and his number wasn't going through, i had to call his girlfriend in order to reach him and his comment when I later got through to him that night was 'It's now you're calling me since morning'. Likewise my female 'bestie' that I've known for 6 years now,she hasn't called either. The list goes on. My dad, in his late 60s though, didn't remember my birthday as well. I had to tell my mum and siblings not to remind him so I'll see if he remembers. At 28,i believe I'm not a kid though to be wanting affection and birthday wishes from my old man but I just feel it's something a parent shouldn't forget. To crown it all, I got a girlfriend this past January and Yea, she forgot my birthday as well after most recently telling her last week Thursday. She called and texted today to apologize but I just told her to give me a week off without calls, texts or visits. Although she didn't agree and was still persistent but that's the verdict I have for her.

All in all though, I was and I'm still kinda disappointed with these 'Key' people in my life that I expected not to ever forget such an important day to me but they all did. But still, I don't think it should make me change my mindset towards them even though it hurts.

I see childishness here, you really really nor get work.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by iamjavadem(m): 4:52am On Mar 13, 2018
You won’t understand until your rent is due and you haven’t paid your kids school fees. You still leave with your parents?
yomibelle:
I have to remind my parents every year...dats even after the birthday...i remember last yr tellin my dad 4 days after my bd n he was like "really?, ahhh, lemmee check d date, au old are u now sef?...n am like ok oo....not me only tho...my siblings as well
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by pressplay411(m): 6:19am On Mar 13, 2018
snowden9:

Yup. It didn't put me down that much anyway. It's gonna take something bigger than a forgotten birthday to bring me down but you know what they say, the best kinda love and friendship is when the people you love and care about shows that same love and care to you as well.
Thanks bro.

This one will divorce his wife for forgetting wedding anniversary oh.
Bruh over-sensitive dey worry you. You must be pisces.
You can't even blame them cos you brought it on urself. What were you expecting after editing your Facebook date?
And did you say you placed a 1 week embargo abi incommunicado on ur gf? I died. Lool

That said, it hurts no doubt but for a 28 year old you should know everyone is busy or dealing with serious issues to remember bdays without FB notification.

For me my bday is all about self evaluation and making myself happy so others remembering is just literally the icing on the cake.
Happy Bday in arrears bro. (From a fellow Pisces)
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 13, 2018
I always take it like a boss, my dad never remembers mine, so this year I intentionally didn't acknowledge his, he called me several times asking why I forgot his birthday. I was just smiling like, look at this man o so it pained you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist / 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing / How To Survive This Current Situation In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.