Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? (22562 Views)

What Thing Makes You Feel Ashamed Any Time You Remember It? / Coping With Loss of a loved one / How Do U Feel If Nobody Likes,Comments On Ur Thread? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 12, 2018
CeeKay17:

That's an extremely negative way of thinking
I call it reality.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 12, 2018
I will feel sad but funny enough my loved ones have never forgotten my birthday before, they always make me feel special that day cos they know I don't forget theirs too. My Last birthday my ex even called me to sing birthday song for me, so you have to check if there is something you are not doing right for even your girlfriend not to remember your birthday.

But then again your girlfriend forgetting your birthday, check her, she has a man she remembers his birthday, you can't serve two masters at the same time.

Cc:snowden9

1 Like

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by addikt(m): 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2018
I don't always care because I forget people's birthday too, na girls and butter guys dey always count am as wahala......
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by DEBJOCH1(m): 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2018
Even me gan gan forgot my birthday, not until my wife work me up around 5am to pray and wish me happy birthday, I was like what!!!! you are wizkiding me, you sure today is my birthday? no be person wen him pepper don rest de carry birthday for head, or person wen no get problem, man must hustle till soup don.

1 Like

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by LesbianBoy(m): 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2018
OP it's because you don't have money and are not "important" that's why they all forgot your birthday. Just become rich tomorrow or hold a high position (say governor or commissioner) what am i even saying, that's too high. Just become the assistant cleaner to the governor and i bet you, your "loved ones" will not only call you to wish you a "happy birthday" they would get you gifts grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by binsanni(m): 8:04pm On Mar 12, 2018
Mynd44:

Mine was on saturday.

Almost everyone didn't remember. What did I do?

I moved on. People are busy with their lives and have big issues to think about.

You will have other birthdays and other things to celebrate.

Yes, it might hurt as you get the feeling that a lot of people don't care about you but they do. It is just that they are too busy to put every date in their heads. Call your best friend and tell him then try to move one.

Stay sane sir.
nice one man
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by naturefellow(m): 8:05pm On Mar 12, 2018
Birthdays are overrated these days!!!

Often, unless Facebook remembers. No one else does!

1 Like

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Mayowa1056(m): 8:06pm On Mar 12, 2018
Remember your birthday in this BUARI Era....I shake head for you oooo...

1 Like

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by dankol: 8:10pm On Mar 12, 2018
snowden9:
So, Yesterday was my birthday but before that, two days to my birthday, i changed my facebook birthday date to another date. I really wanted to know if my close friends knew my date and won't be waiting for any facebook reminder.

The result i got though have really made me to ask myself if my 'close friends' are really my close friends. My 'best friend' that I've known for nine years now haven't called me up till today to wish me happy birthday or apologize for not remembering. I remember trying to call him on his birthday and his number wasn't going through, i had to call his girlfriend in order to reach him and his comment when I later got through to him that night was 'It's now you're calling me since morning'. Likewise my female 'bestie' that I've known for 6 years now,she hasn't called either. The list goes on. My dad, in his late 60s though, didn't remember my birthday as well. I had to tell my mum and siblings not to remind him so I'll see if he remembers. At 28,i believe I'm not a kid though to be wanting affection and birthday wishes from my old man but I just feel it's something a parent shouldn't forget. To crown it all, I got a girlfriend this past January and Yea, she forgot my birthday as well after most recently telling her last week Thursday. She called and texted today to apologize but I just told her to give me a week off without calls, texts or visits. Although she didn't agree and was still persistent but that's the verdict I have for her.

All in all though, I was and I'm still kinda disappointed with these 'Key' people in my life that I expected not to ever forget such an important day to me but they all did. But still, I don't think it should make me change my mindset towards them even though it hurts.

So guys, passing the speech stick to you, 'How would you feel if your loved one forgot your birthday?'

at first I thought it was a lady. I would have ignored. but a guy bloating over birthday..it's surprising. so for you.. remembering your birthday make you feel loved abi? was the sky yellow because it was your birthday? pls grow up. only superficial people cry over issues like this

2 Likes

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Troublemaker007(m): 8:10pm On Mar 12, 2018
ArcSEMPECJ:
.......guy easy nah....you should know how guys that live in Aso villa and bannana island behave than we in AJ city

Lolz. The thing vex me ah swear.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by bolinjkezzy(m): 8:11pm On Mar 12, 2018
Birthday? Sometimes I no dy remember my own self
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by fotadmowmend(m): 8:11pm On Mar 12, 2018
Indifferent
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 12, 2018
The thought always counts you changed it so it threw them off celebrate yourself always
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by BdorianGray(m): 8:17pm On Mar 12, 2018
labake1:
How much will they pay you if they remember? undecided

Hmm! Labake, are u saying u won't be pissed if your BABANGBA forgets.. Knowing your always on his mind..like "LABAKE1 on his mind now" grin
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Justicealh3(m): 8:20pm On Mar 12, 2018
Is something necessary
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by IMASTEX: 8:20pm On Mar 12, 2018
TarOrfeek:

There are more important things to think of.
Ops is even idle to notice those that don't remember her birthday. I have lots of clients to supply goods, have so many people to render services to, many businesses to explore & attend to. I personally don't remember my own Birthday least alone expecting certain persons to remember.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by olaskul(m): 8:21pm On Mar 12, 2018
Really?? I broke up with my baby cos of this same issue, I just wasn't ready to hear her stroy or why she forgot.

Jeezuzpick:
No biggie.

People are human, afterall.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by BdorianGray(m): 8:21pm On Mar 12, 2018
BABANGBALI:
No big deal, I always forgotted Labake1's birthday and we doesn't fight because of that

Please don't try that again. grin So what's the point of " LABAKE1 on your mind now "...That's not the best way to treat ur LABAKE1
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by dbanjj1629(m): 8:25pm On Mar 12, 2018
Who birthday wishes sef help? I wish the birthday wishes can be monetize. Abeg move on Op. Forgive your girl & move on
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by labake1(f): 8:36pm On Mar 12, 2018
BdorianGray:

Hmm! Labake, are u saying u won't be pissed if your BABANGBA forgets.. Knowing your always on his mind..like "LABAKE1 on his mind now" grin

See monitoring spirit grin
BABANGBALI Come see
Yes I won't be pissed bcoz we understood each other
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by BABANGBALI: 8:42pm On Mar 12, 2018
BdorianGray:

Please don't try that again. grin So what's the point of " LABAKE1 on your mind now "...That's not the best way to treat ur LABAKE1
get behind us devil tongue tongue

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by thatyorubaboy(m): 8:42pm On Mar 12, 2018
i personally don't see anything wrong.

i once forgot my own birthday
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by BABANGBALI: 8:42pm On Mar 12, 2018
labake1:

See monitoring spirit grin
BABANGBALI Come see
Yes I won't be pissed bcoz we understood each other
don't mind him jare
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Klington: 8:44pm On Mar 12, 2018
Buh how many of ur friends do you know their birthdays off hand....
Seems you're a certified busy bor shocked shocked
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by piagetskinner(m): 8:45pm On Mar 12, 2018
Oga move on jare...the most important thing is that u didn't forget...

u also didn't forget to thank God for sparing your life all these years...that's most important
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Mypeople2(m): 8:47pm On Mar 12, 2018
snowden9:
So, Yesterday was my birthday but before that, two days to my birthday, i changed my facebook birthday date to another date. I really wanted to know if my close friends knew my date and won't be waiting for any facebook reminder.

The result i got though have really made me to ask myself if my 'close friends' are really my close friends. My 'best friend' that I've known for nine years now haven't called me up till today to wish me happy birthday or apologize for not remembering. I remember trying to call him on his birthday and his number wasn't going through, i had to call his girlfriend in order to reach him and his comment when I later got through to him that night was 'It's now you're calling me since morning'. Likewise my female 'bestie' that I've known for 6 years now,she hasn't called either. The list goes on. My dad, in his late 60s though, didn't remember my birthday as well. I had to tell my mum and siblings not to remind him so I'll see if he remembers. At 28,i believe I'm not a kid though to be wanting affection and birthday wishes from my old man but I just feel it's something a parent shouldn't forget. To crown it all, I got a girlfriend this past January and Yea, she forgot my birthday as well after most recently telling her last week Thursday. She called and texted today to apologize but I just told her to give me a week off without calls, texts or visits. Although she didn't agree and was still persistent but that's the verdict I have for her.

All in all though, I was and I'm still kinda disappointed with these 'Key' people in my life that I expected not to ever forget such an important day to me but they all did. But still, I don't think it should make me change my mindset towards them even though it hurts.

So guys, passing the speech stick to you, 'How would you feel if your loved one forgot your birthday?'
At that age of yours, my girlfriend also forgot my birthday .When I was thinking she will simply apologize,she said " I am sorry for what I did .As your girlfriend, I am supposed to remember. Since I didn't remember,pls let's break up.I can't bear this, let's break up"
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by KhadyM(f): 8:48pm On Mar 12, 2018
Bad... especially since i have a talent in remembering people's birthday. Even people i was classmates with back in the 4th grade. Once i know your bday it just sticks and when i think of what date it is today, my mind unpacks the people i know whose birthdays fall on that day smiley
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by CsRockefeller(m): 8:50pm On Mar 12, 2018
yomibelle:
I have to remind my parents every year...dats even after the birthday...i remember last yr tellin my dad 4 days after my bd n he was like "really?, ahhh, lemmee check d date, au old are u now sef?...n am like ok oo....not me only tho...my siblings as well

I'm just coming across you, would be a pleasure if u replied my pm.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by madridsta007(m): 8:50pm On Mar 12, 2018
snowden9:

I forget mine sometimes as well. I forget my siblings too. When I become close friends with anyone I warn, “just so you know, I may forget your birthday. Don’t take it personal as I forget mine sometimes too...”

There are more important things to worry oneself about. Why should I despise someone who forgets my birthday? What will remembering it do to me? Give me wings to fly? The craze of Birthday Industrial Complex hasn’t caught up with everyone.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:50pm On Mar 12, 2018
Mynd44:

Mine was on saturday.

Almost everyone didn't remember. What did I do?

I moved on. People are busy with their lives and have big issues to think about.

You will have other birthdays and other things to celebrate.

Yes, it might hurt as you get the feeling that a lot of people don't care about you but they do. It is just that they are too busy to put every date in their heads. Call your best friend and tell him then try to move one.

Stay sane sir.

I have the uncanny habit of forgetting people's birthdays. My very good friend's birthday is on the 30th of this month. I've been mentally counting days to it since the month began, but I'm pensive. It is veey possible that 30th would come and I'll just not remember. My baby's birthday is 4th of next month, too and I'm begging God that I don't forget. And these are people I care so much about. I forget even my siblings' birthdays sometines. I'd remember very late on that day or days after.

But it's not because I don't love them enough. It juat happens...too many things to think about.
Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by leroy137(m): 8:53pm On Mar 12, 2018
Bro, My birthday is on the 1st of January but still I have friends that don't even remember the date . That's life Man, you can't keep all these stuff in your head. Most of them have lots of issues, its just a date. You can choose to make it special for yourself, not waiting for people to wish you a happy birthday. Stay happy bro

1 Like

Re: How Would You Feel If A Loved One Forgot Your Birthday? by Sheun001(m): 8:54pm On Mar 12, 2018
Lol birthdays

I don't really see any big deal in birthdays
The 1st thing on my mind everyday is make money and get closer to God

In as much as I would love people to wish me
I still prefer people not knowing cuz I find it stressful saying thank you all the time

When they even know they would just be disturbing you to celebrate when they are the one ought to celebrate you

You will start hearing phrases like

"O boy! Where the venue nah"
"So how we go celebrate this thing nah"
*Send my cake oh" bla bla bla

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians Top Forbes’ African Person Of The Year Shortlist / How To Survive This Current Situation In Nigeria / 7 Mistakes People Make When Apologizing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.