Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,539 members, 7,819,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common (46760 Views)

Four Things Trump And Buhari Have In Common -- BBC / Imo Killings: Okorocha Is A Filthy Sodomite, One-legged Ritualist – Fani-kayode / FFK Calls Okorocha: "Scum, Ritualist, Filthy, Pig, Cultist, 419er, Sodomite" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by Nobody: 3:59pm On Mar 19, 2018
AfonjaConehead:

lolss
and coneheads less concerned..they are more kwoncerned about fanyogo and gala sellers,about Ogbonna,Shindu and their 2by2 spare parts shop. grin grin

the wholla mile2 is almost a stench cos of Otto wharf that is now a dump site and a beehive of activities for hausa kole kole.
But coneheads dont giv a damm.
They dare not challenge the lords n masters grin grin grin grin
cc lzaa

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by yvesboss(m): 4:09pm On Mar 19, 2018
Cleaner Lagos is an Irony

3 Likes

Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by LZAA: 4:11pm On Mar 19, 2018
imhotep:
cc lzaa

2 Likes

Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by Abagworo(m): 4:22pm On Mar 19, 2018
Biko Ambode bring back the old method. This your experiment though nobly thought out has practically failed.

3 Likes

Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by revontuli(f): 4:48pm On Mar 19, 2018
Oh boy that looks bad. Lagos drowning in trash!

3 Likes

Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by baddosky1: 5:01pm On Mar 19, 2018
madridguy:
Ambode don spoil Lagos.

He looks dirty himself so what do you expect? cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by edogu(m): 5:14pm On Mar 19, 2018
There's no state or nation without its own peculiar challenges,and that of Lagos shouldn't be different. Even Port Harcourt at one time had the same issue as regard to managing their wastes. I'm not in any way trying to promote incompetence. However, I think with time the Lagos government will take necessary action.
Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by Bism(m): 5:31pm On Mar 19, 2018
Dont only put the blame on the company. what about lagosian response to a clean environment. Last year when rain water flooded some part of lagos, was it our lagos rodent that filled the drainage with waste material. We have a poor atitude as individual to waste management and government as a hole should look into the production of more eco - friendly goods.
Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by revontuli(f): 5:40pm On Mar 19, 2018
Rwanda figured out how to solve the waste problem.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by Genea(f): 6:55pm On Mar 19, 2018
hajoke2000:
TO HAVE SAID DAT NO MORE ENVIRONMENTAL SANITATION WAS HIS GREATEST MISTAKE........JUST ONCE A MONTH ....NAWA OOO
Still vex me that that stuff was cancelled!! the idiot that caused it is not saying anything again o

1 Like

Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by Nobody: 7:08pm On Mar 19, 2018
Genea:
Still vex me that that stuff was cancelled!! the idiot that caused it is not saying anything again o

abi now

1 Like

Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by brojoshua: 7:40pm On Mar 19, 2018
A corrupt country is also a dirty country, a corrupt country is an accursed country

2 Likes

Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by hisMrs(f): 9:55pm On Mar 19, 2018
Lawma strike abi Ambode owe dem salary? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by yeankhar49: 10:14pm On Mar 19, 2018
Wait....you people are just propagating hate campaign... These people are working tirelessly but what do we do? Make ungrateful posts like this trying to pull them down and undermine their efforts. You can take pictures of dirty areas and tag @cleanerlagos on twitter but no... You get paid to sabotage the efforts of Visionscape. Look at the bins everywhere, see their new trucks,see the landfill site at Epe... These people have invested billions into ensuring a cleaner Lagos... But we are so impatient... These people ain't magicians...they are not even up to 1 year and we are labelling them failures.... Whatever happened to the factor of time.

This is creek road, Apapa...i sent a picture to them of refuse heaps and they cleared it in less than 24 hours. That's what we as citizens should do... Help them ensure a cleaner Lagos by tagging them to dirty spots

Lalasticlala seun

1 Like

Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 19, 2018
When we say invest in Private Entrepreneurs who are into recycling they will not. Now see the result.

1 Like

Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by Nobody: 10:19pm On Mar 19, 2018
revontuli:
Rwanda figured out how to solve the waste problem.
pls how
Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by tybaba8(m): 10:30pm On Mar 19, 2018
Really? When were these pictures taken.
So you means it's every part of Lagos metropolis that's like this.

I choose not to believe this.

1 Like

Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by Tokstouch: 10:32pm On Mar 19, 2018
You guys need to be calm. These people are tirelessly working to ensure Lagos is clean. The innovation just started and you people are expecting a magic overnight. The government has nvested a lot to this innovation , all we need to do is to be patient with them.
Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by UrbanCulture06: 10:33pm On Mar 19, 2018
Haba, to make Lagos clean is a gradual process..we all can see these people are working

Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by Ugosample(m): 10:39pm On Mar 19, 2018
Batam:
@0p why are you trying to discredit LASG by posting last month pictures? When was the last time you pass through all this routes?
You are just allowing the children of hate to spew rubbish on this thread.
Mind you most of them only see Lagos on newspaper and are looking for transport fare to come to Lagos

What is this one saying? undecided

1 Like

Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by tybaba8(m): 10:42pm On Mar 19, 2018
This thing people are just hating on this initiative is surprising. More waste is being made by lagosians and the government and Visionscape are doing their best to keep Lagos clean.
It's a process, it won't just happen over night.
It's barely 3 months when the Cleaner Lagos Initiative started.
I see their trucks and the CSW working every day.
So I wonder where this is coming from.
People should embrace positivity.

Do you also dispose your waste properly?

Just wait for them à bit before you criticize

Cc @lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by Damorela00: 10:43pm On Mar 19, 2018
These pictures are old guy, I can categorically tell you as of present that Lagos is way cleaner than this. Look up the pictures accompanying my reply to you as evidence to support my motion. We should always try and be objective and updated in our criticism cc @lalasticlala lalasticlala , @Mynd44 Mynd44

AutoJoshNIG:
Indeed, this is not the cleanest of times of our dear Lagos state.

No matter the location – highbrow, lowbrow - one thing has become common to all – heaps of garbage on the street.

No doubt, the only legally approved organization for clearing up refuse in Lagos,Visionscape, is clearly overwhelmed.

As much as one is not aware of the contractual details of the clean-up arrangement for Lagos state, however it is very apparent that the sudden disengagement of the services of the PSP operators wasn’t exactly a well thought out one.

But whatever the case, Visionscape urgently needs to up their game.

These sights are not exactly what any serious city that strives to attain the status of a mega city should project.

Marina, Lagos

Tinubu Square, Lagos Island

Ojuelegba, Bus stop

Adeniran Ogunsanya, Surulere

Agege-Oshodi Expressway

Bolade Oshodi bus stop

Obalende

Western Avenue, Surulere

Mushin-Olosa

Obafemi Awolowo Way, Ikeja

Masha, Surulere

Ejigbo

Ikeja-Under bridge

Source:

https://autojosh.com/mountains-of-garbage-a-common-feature-of-every-part-of-lagos-today/

Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by Damorela00: 10:47pm On Mar 19, 2018
I don't think so bro, my movement around some parts of Lagos is saying otherwise, we should inhabit the culture of constructive criticism with proper info and facts

revontuli:
Oh boy that looks bad. Lagos drowning in trash!
Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by Tokstouch: 10:55pm On Mar 19, 2018
Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by Damorela00: 10:56pm On Mar 19, 2018
I generally think some people just like to choose whatever narrative that fits them, either because they're paid to do so or working against people doing good for the society or something. These cleaner Lagos people are working tiredlessly day in and day out and we should learn to be patient, they are not magicians afterall and we can see that they are all out for good which visionscape is not sleeping on as they have showcased so far. Itesiwaju eko lo jewa logun
Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by Simpledude0847(m): 10:58pm On Mar 19, 2018
I think it is high time I really said something about the CLI. I have watched from afar and I try to hear from all parties involved, as every right thinkin member of every society should do before jumping on any topical issue. CLI is no doubt having challenges, but it is always so whenever there is a major take over in any industry. I have read about the 'Force cycle" (you can read up on it online) and how there are three different stages involved in a major takeover - Mobilization stage, stabilization stage and augmentation stage. Before you call me names, please, do your research and let us all have engage in a meaningful discourse.
Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by Tokstouch: 11:04pm On Mar 19, 2018
You guys are impatient. The innovation is barely 3months and you people are expecting a magic? How?. The CLI are trying their best to ensure Lagos is clean.
Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by projectlovers: 11:08pm On Mar 19, 2018
The same people complaining about poor state of water and disease outbreaks are also angry the government is doing something about it.

Let's take it easy with the new guys Visionscape. They are working as hard they can and only ask for your support. Send these types of things to them not just come on Nairaland to thrash them. And some it are old photos I've seen that cleaner Lagos confirmed were cleaned.
Let's join hands instead of throwing stones at people that are working.
This was Yaba phase 2 cleaned up yesterday. And the clean up is continuous. Let's stop acting like we don't see these places getting cleaned.
Na small small.

Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by chicwoman(f): 11:30pm On Mar 19, 2018
Oga one time like this I saw three dustbins empty
People preferred to throw the waste on the floor.

It also has to do with our attitudes as a people
We need to change the status quo

Let's be patient with this new people, I saw them at Igando when I was coming back from work and I even saw I'm the news today that they're constructing a landfill, something that Laogos really needs.

Let's just be patient.
projectlovers:
The same people complaining about poor state of water and disease outbreaks are also angry the government is doing something about it.

Let's take it easy with the new guys Visionscape. They are working as hard they can and only ask for your support. Send these types of things to them not just come on Nairaland to thrash them. And some it are old photos I've seen that cleaner Lagos confirmed were cleaned.
Let's join hands instead of throwing stones at people that are working.
This was Yaba phase 2 cleaned up yesterday. And the clean up is continuous. Let's stop acting like we don't see these places getting cleaned.
Na small small.
Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by chicwoman(f): 11:31pm On Mar 19, 2018
Oga have you seen their new Ecopark
They have plans to do waste to energy o
I think it was in the papers today
Olaposiwaju:

Shows they are not proactive in their thinking. Methane gas produced from biodegradation can be used to generate electricity, the organic components of the waste can be used to produce fertilizer and some of the inorganic can be recycled.
Re: Filthy Lagos In Pictures: What Every Part Of Lagos Now Have In Common by revontuli(f): 11:34pm On Mar 19, 2018
yeankhar49:
Wait....you people are just propagating hate campaign... These people are working tirelessly but what do we do? Make ungrateful posts like this trying to pull them down and undermine their efforts. You can take pictures of dirty areas and tag @cleanerlagos on twitter but no... You get paid to sabotage the efforts of Visionscape. Look at the bins everywhere, see their new trucks,see the landfill site at Epe... These people have invested billions into ensuring a cleaner Lagos... But we are so impatient... These people ain't magicians...they are not even up to 1 year and we are labelling them failures.... Whatever happened to the factor of time.

This is creek road, Apapa...i sent a picture to them of refuse heaps and they cleared it in less than 24 hours. That's what we as citizens should do... Help them ensure a cleaner Lagos by tagging them to dirty spots

Lalasticlala seun

Thanks for clarifying. I suppose it's easy to get misled by the large amount of negative photos.
I could make New York City look filthy posting the garbage bags and rats there (there is a serious rat problem in New York, though)
If these guys have been in the business less than a year, they deserve a chance and support from the people. You can't clean up everything in a year.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Precious Chikwendu And Femi Fani-Kayode In Child Custody Battle (Photos) / Buhari Was The 2nd Target Of The Bomb Blast In Kaduna / Obama Speaks Directly To All Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.