Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos (27184 Views)

Group Protests Against Lagos Land Use Charge, Gives Ambode Horns On The Head / Insertion Of Alpha Beta In Lagos Land Use Law ‘A Mistake’ – House Of Assembly / Ambode Pays His Land Use Charge At GTBank (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by ariesbull: 7:52pm On Mar 21, 2018
T9ksy:

Na your greed go kill una. If the locals now tried to restrict your grip on their economy, you impish lot will call them tribalist and igbophobic.

Hey bro slow down and don't get worked up and don't curse....it's just economic expansion and we are doing that nicely...take politics let's take the economy...we need to move to the flanks like oshogbo , okitipupa, ikare etc..we need to mop up that money and send them back to east to build houses, roads and companies

It's just business bro don't take it personal

Business bro
One Nigeria bro

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by T9ksy(m): 8:42pm On Mar 21, 2018
ariesbull:

Hey bro slow down and don't get worked up and don't curse....it's just economic expansion and we are doing that nicely...take politics let's take the economy...we need to move to the flanks like oshogbo , okitipupa, ikare etc..we need to mop up that money and send them back to east to build houses, roads and companies

Business bro
One Nigeria bro

You guys will certainly be improverished without One nigeria. No wonder, it was only Zik and his kins that were clamouring for a united country...............even as the northerners were unambigously expressing how much they detest you lot.
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by ariesbull: 10:06pm On Mar 21, 2018
T9ksy:
You guys will certainly be improverished without One nigeria. No wonder, it was only Zik and his kins that were clamouring for a united country...............even as the northerners were unambigously expressing how much they detest you lot.

We agree...so as we are in one Nigeria...we aren't improverished.... As you would say. Let's enjoy it and make maximum use of the frontiers in the west and north untill when you guys would be ready.

But why are you sounding pained and hurt....you language is harsh...do you have a problem with the one Nigeria set up

I think it's the best thing that ever happened to Igbo economic expansion and evolution

1 Like

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 10:13pm On Mar 21, 2018
And these guys were crying after a small python dance. Hmmm.
Perharps an other pythin dance should be welcomed to put some sense in your brains.
horsepower101:

Ok we've heard you. Go and report us to oba of Benin to come take back Asaba.
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LaudableXX: 11:46pm On Mar 21, 2018
ibotic:
Yes...you are right...Nonaira1 is just being mischievous.
Asaba and Onitsha are not Igbo land in the proper sense but we have plenty of our people there...you are free to build there but if Biafra comes, my only fear is that it will become abandoned property. Why don't you build in Anambra first
I thought Onitsha was in Anambra state? Or has it moved from there? And when did Onitsha stop being "Igbo land in the proper sense?"
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by ibotic(f): 12:04am On Mar 22, 2018
LaudableXX:

I thought Onitsha was in Anambra state? Or has it moved from there? And when did Onitsha stop being "Igbo land in the proper sense?"

As an Nnewi babe... I know that we dominate Onitsha but the town is part of the Benin kingdom...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by ibotic(f): 12:51am On Mar 22, 2018
prolog2:
And these guys were crying after a small python dance. Hmmm.
Perharps an other pythin dance should be welcomed to put some sense in your brains.

Please don’t send python to our side again...
The last one showed how cowardly our men are...
When I was in iPob...
I was busy dodging bullets from python while our leaders were hiding in the mud...
Even our supreme leader....
Is busy eating gala and pizza in Ghana

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Konquest: 1:18am On Mar 22, 2018
T9ksy:
But Op, one question that keeps invading my consciousness when i read threads like yours is, "why is it that ibos will go to unimaginable ends (die) just to "develop" their enemies' land than their ancestral land"?

Abi, na curse?
^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^
grin
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Purehuman(m): 2:19am On Mar 22, 2018
LaudableXX:

Ajegunle, and Okokomaiko are dominated by your people. And these are some of the largest slums built with bricks in Lagos. Deal with it!

Who are the major Landlords of Ajegunle and Okokomaiko? I don't think you even know quarter of Lagos like you are postulating.
Orile, Ijora, Ajegunle, oshodi, Muslim, badia, fadeyi and environs are dominated by Yorubas. You cannot come and be saying things you don't know.

Okokomaiko is having a facelift because it's a new area and it's becoming open to new development. So calm your nerves, it will have a continuous change as time go on. Ask the people of paniso in Kano how igbos turned the village into a beautiful city in less than 10years.

You cannot compete with igbos. Our presence are felt in every state we have numbers because we contribute massively economically to the environment.

Just name one place outside southwest that the Yorubas are more felt economically than the igbos in Nigeria. Release your numbers while I release mine.

2 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Purehuman(m): 2:40am On Mar 22, 2018
LaudableXX:

Genocide? shocked Do you know the meaning of that word? There are many different views on the civil war, and many observers have also made it clear that 'genocide' cannot be used to describe what transpired during the civil war. sad

The Oxford-trained bearded general who led the Igbo people during that period, actually led them into a war they were thoroughly ill-equipped to embark upon, highly unprepared to tackle, and totally unable to deal with. That was why they were defeated, and lost so many people. May the souls of the departed rest in peace. undecided The truth is also that your leaders within the SE region, have failed woefully over the years, to make your region conducive for growth and habitation, especially when it comes to the provision of infrastructure. This has led your people to develop a wanderlust.

There is a functional seaport in Onne, as well as international airports in Port-harcourt and Enugu. So why can't your people use those facilities? Port-harcourt International Airport has separate facilities for international and domestic flights. In 2009, the airport served 1,081,587 passengers, making it the third-busiest airport in Nigeria.

Some of the overhead bridges and flyovers in Lagos & Ogun, were built recently by the state governors of Lagos, and Ogun state. Ask your own state governors to do the same. sad

The reasons you listed above are inadequate to account for the daily migration of your people to Lagos, till date. Hold your leaders accountable for failing to develop your land. And follow up with them to ensure that your young people stop migrating into other lands, and stay back to develop their homeland. Their romance with wanderlust needs to stop.... undecided

Finally, you have still not answered all the questions I asked. You have only offered excuses to deflect them. So I repeat:

1). Did the Yorubas put a gun to the head of your people, and force them to come to Lagos? shocked

2). Did the Yoruba people make it compulsory for your people to buy land within Lagos?

3). Is there a curse in your region that stops your people from staying inside their region, and becoming hardworking so that they can prosper without having to come to Lagos?

The more you comment, the less sense you make. Did the igbo declaring secession go to Lagos and demanded for it? We're they the first to shoot the first shot? Was the first shot not started in Calabar? Why are you blaming the igbos for a war you waged against us? If you had allowed them be, at least no one will be buying out Lagos as seen in the recent trend.

If the factors of production are located in a particular region through the handy work of the federal government over the years, the people will have to go there to participate in its process. If you don't like it, it's not the problem of the igbos. If your federal government were not smart to have skewed development and still fight against secession, then we can't help you than to keep feeding from you.

We buy lands there because we can afford it. We have the money to buy it. That's how we bought lands in other states in Nigeria. So it's not a Lagos thing.

The notion that the east isn't economically viable is the greatest fallacy of all time. Apart from Lagos, there is no where in the West that has more active business environment than the east. There is no where in the west, that has more active construction of building than the east. So what are you saying? The igbos will compete in all sectors but always fall behind the igbos in many sectors.

Like I said earlier, list any state in Nigeria apart from Southwest that the Yorubas are more active than the Igbos even with their common affiliation to Islam with the north.

If igbos have more impact in this country based on economic strides, then you don't have any argument.

Igbos are found everywhere in this country even in the far north. You cannot say that the east doesn't have a soul there because from last check, we have more than 20million people living in the region which is smaller than Niger state with less than half of the population.

So what's your point?

3 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by ariesbull: 9:41am On Mar 22, 2018
ibotic:

Yes...you are right...Nonaira1 is just being mischievous.
Asaba and Onitsha are not Igbo land in the proper sense but we have plenty of our people there...you are free to build there but if Biafra comes, my only fear is that it will become abandoned property. Why don't you build in Anambra first

Asaba and Onitsha are Hausa land...when you think you have seen it all ....then another props up

Okay they are not Igbo land....agreed the way Lagos is no man's land

1 Like

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by ibotic(f): 10:01am On Mar 22, 2018
ariesbull:

Asaba and Onitsha are Hausa land...when you think you have seen it all ....then another props up

Okay they are not Igbo land....agreed the way Lagos is no man's land

I don’t understand...have you forgotten what happened in PH with abandoned property...I don’t want our people to suffer and develop other people’s land...let us focus on Aba, abakaliki....Enugu...Anambra...eboyi etc...

1 Like

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by totit: 10:14am On Mar 22, 2018
Purehuman:

The more you comment, the less sense you make. Did the igbo declaring secession go to Lagos and demanded for it? We're they the first to shoot the first shot? Was the first shot not started in Calabar? Why are you blaming the igbos for a war you waged against us? If you had allowed them be, at least no one will be buying out Lagos as seen in the recent trend.

If the factors of production are located in a particular region through the handy work of the federal government over the years, the people will have to go there to participate in its process. If you don't like it, it's not the problem of the igbos. If your federal government were not smart to have skewed development and still fight against secession, then we can't help you than to keep feeding from you.

We buy lands there because we can afford it. We have the money to buy it. That's how we bought lands in other states in Nigeria. So it's not a Lagos thing.

The notion that the east isn't economically viable is the greatest fallacy of all time. Apart from Lagos, there is no where in the West that has more active business environment than the east. There is no where in the west, that has more active construction of building than the east. So what are you saying? The igbos will compete in all sectors but always fall behind the igbos in many sectors.

Like I said earlier, list any state in Nigeria apart from Southwest that the Yorubas are more active than the Igbos even with their common affiliation to Islam with the north.

If igbos have more impact in this country based on economic strides, then you don't have any argument.

Igbos are found everywhere in this country even in the far north. You cannot say that the east doesn't have a soul there because from last check, we have more than 20million people living in the region which is smaller than Niger state with less than half of the population.

So what's your point?

You need to pass me that shèpè you dey wack grin

See imaginary figures at it peak shocked

6 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by totit: 10:20am On Mar 22, 2018
ariesbull:

Whatever way you put it...our local economy is 99% in the hands of the locals....can you say of your economy...even USA wants their economy to be in the hands of the locals

One Nigeria is good
I so love it

So because there are foreign investors in SW that made you conclude that SW isn't in the hand of the local? See akpu logic grin

I.e ; SE -90% indigenous companies.
SW - 90% indigenous companies plus another 50% foreign companies equals to what?
You akpu flatinoono are most locally delusional. grin

Loool grin

5 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Blackfire(m): 11:22am On Mar 22, 2018
T9ksy:
But Op, one question that keeps invading my consciousnesswhen i read threads like yours is, "why is it that ibos will go to unimaginable ends (die) just to "develop" their enemies' land than their ancestral land"?

Abi, na curse?

No not a curse, i think now those crazy people are begining to develop there area.
The kind of publicity they are giving this project is awesome.
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by ariesbull: 12:11pm On Mar 22, 2018
ibotic:

As an Nnewi babe... I know that we dominate Onitsha but the town is part of the Benin kingdom...
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by ariesbull: 5:04pm On Mar 22, 2018
totit:

So because there are foreign investors in SW that made you conclude that SW isn't in the hand of the local? See akpu logic grin

I.e ; SE -90% indigenous companies.
SW - 90% indigenous companies plus another 50% foreign companies equals to what?
You akpu flatinoono are most locally delusional. grin

Loool grin

Calm.down..okay SW is in the hands of locals...so why worry about Igbo

Atleast we can have a chunk of the economy ...
God willing

1 Like

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by totit: 5:10pm On Mar 22, 2018
ariesbull:

Calm.down..okay SW is in the hands of locals...so why worry about Igbo

Atleast we can have a chunk of the economy ...
God willing

grin grin

I sounded or appeared aggressive to you,i am calm grin cheesy.
As for the chunk of economy you long for good luck but until proven you successful with facts...no imaginary,delusional figures...? grin I am done here then.
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LaudableXX: 7:44pm On Mar 22, 2018
Purehuman:

So what's your point?

Sadly everyone can see that you are the one that is not making sense, on this thread. sad Go back and read up on the the build up, to the civil war. Your Oxford trained bearded general declared secession, seized federal govt assets in the Southeast, and refused to rescind his decision, even after a police action was declared to bring him back into line.

Several emissaries at home and abroad tried to get him to see reason, but he refused. undecided He knew that his region lacked ammunition, men and materials to go to war, yet he refused to back down and this decision cost his people 3 million souls. After he declared secession, was he expecting the rest of the country to applaud him and give him a send off party, especially when he had seized federal govt assets in the SE region? shocked

Secondly, what strange "factors of production located in a particular region through the handy work of the federal government over the years," are you talking about? Is it the sea port? Isn't there a seaport close to the SE region, like the Port-harcourt seaport? Port-harcourt seaport has been in operation long before the colonial masters left. Not too far from there is Onne sea port, which was established closer to the SE. In fact, Onne sea port which covers an area of 2,538.115 hectares was also added, several years ago. Are you talking about an airport? Hasn't there been an international airport in Port-harcourt for several years? Akanu Ibiam International Airport in Enugu also started receiving international flights a few years back.

The federal capital was moved from Lagos to Abuja in 1991, more than 27 years ago, but your people have not stopped trooping into Lagos till today. undecided And that bring us back to the same question. Why can't they stay in their region and make a success of their endeavours?

If your region was so economically viable, with an active business environment like you said, and active construction or building projects, why do your young people still troop into other regions daily, trying to eke out a living? sad is it that they cannot take advantage of the economic viability in the SE region?

Nobody is disputing the fact that igbos are not found in other parts of the country, but the question still remains: Why? They can be found in areas that are not even economically viable, in different parts of this nation. So if your region is as fantastic and as economically viable as you claim, what is chasing them out of the place? Now, why would anyone leave a commercially vibrant region for a non-viable one?

Last but not the least, I never said that there was nobody in the Southeast. Try not to confuse me with someone else. Nobody has said that "there is any state in Nigeria apart from Southwest that the Yorubas are more active than the Igbos," so only goodness knows where you got that ideology from. Please try to think clearly before rushing to hit your keyboard next time. May God grant you understanding....

2 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LaudableXX: 7:57pm On Mar 22, 2018
Purehuman:
Who are the major Landlords of Ajegunle and Okokomaiko? I don't think you even know quarter of Lagos like you are postulating. Orile, Ijora, Ajegunle, oshodi, Muslim, badia, fadeyi and environs are dominated by Yorubas. You cannot come and be saying things you don't know.

Okokomaiko is having a facelift because it's a new area and it's becoming open to new development. So calm your nerves, it will have a continuous change as time go on. Ask the people of paniso in Kano how igbos turned the village into a beautiful city in less than 10years.

You cannot compete with igbos. Our presence are felt in every state we have numbers because we contribute massively economically to the environment.

Just name one place outside southwest that the Yorubas are more felt economically than the igbos in Nigeria. Release your numbers while I release mine.

Don't be silly. undecided I grew up in Lagos, schooled in Lagos and have worked in Lagos for several years. I doubt if you know Lagos more than I do. So stop your silly posturing. And most of what you just said up here, is nothing but a bloody fat lie! shocked Orile, Ijora, Ajegunle, Oshodi, Badia, and environs are NOT dominated by Yorubas, but by the Igbo.

Orile is one of the largest markets for building materials, furniture and fixtures in Lagos. Who are those that populate that area? Igbo. What does that area look like? A glorified slum. sad The largest number of tile sellers, bath & WC retailers, cement resellers, door importers etc, can be found in Orile. Ijora as well as Ajegunle are close to the Apapa seaport, and your people are the largest inhabitants of that densely populated axis. So stop saying what you do not know! What year did you arrive in Lagos, sef?
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LaudableXX: 7:58pm On Mar 22, 2018
ibotic:

Interesting! Imhotep will not like this one.... undecided
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LiberaDeus: 8:00pm On Mar 22, 2018
LaudableXX:

Sadly everyone can see that you are the one that is not making sense, on this thread. sad Go back and read up on the the build up, to the civil war. Your Oxford trained bearded general declared secession, seized federal govt assets in the Southeast, and refused to rescind his decision, even after a police action was declared to bring him back into line.

Several emissaries at home and abroad tried to get him to see reason, but he refused. undecided He knew that his region lacked ammunition, men and materials to go to war, yet he refused to back down and this decision cost his people 3 million souls. After he declared secession, was he expecting the rest of the country to applaud him and give him a send off party, especially when he had seized federal govt assets in the SE region? shocked

Secondly, what strange "factors of production located in a particular region through the handy work of the federal government over the years," are you talking about? Is it the sea port? Isn't there a seaport close to the SE region, like the Port-harcourt seaport? Port-harcourt seaport has been in operation long before the colonial masters left. Not too far from there is Onne sea port, which was established closer to the SE. In fact, Onne sea port which covers an area of 2,538.115 hectares was also added, several years ago. Are you talking about an airport? Hasn't there been an international airport in Port-harcourt for several years? Akanu Ibiam International Airport in Enugu also started receiving international flights a few years back.

The federal capital was moved from Lagos to Abuja in 1991, more than 27 years ago, but your people have not stopped trooping into Lagos till today. undecided And that bring us back to the same question. Why can't they stay in their region and make a success of their endeavours?

If your region was so economically viable, with an active business environment like you said, and active construction or building projects, why do your young people still troop into other regions daily, trying to eke out a living? sad is it that they cannot take advantage of the economic viability in the SE region?

Nobody is disputing the fact that igbos are not found in other parts of the country, but the question still remains: Why? They can be found in areas that are not even economically viable, in different parts of this nation. So if your region is as fantastic and as economically viable as you claim, what is chasing them out of the place? Now, why would anyone leave a commercially vibrant region for a non-viable one?

Last but not the least, I never said that there was nobody in the Southeast. Try not to confuse me with someone else. Nobody has said that "there is any state in Nigeria apart from Southwest that the Yorubas are more active than the Igbos," so only goodness knows where you got that ideology from. Please try to think clearly before rushing to hit your keyboard next time. May God grant you understanding....

Please permit me to ask a question

Why are there so many yorubas in lagos compared to other SW cities like Osogbo, Ado-Ekiti , Ilorin etc? A very large percentage of the yoruba populace is resident in lagos, please why Lagos in the southwest? Why not Ilorin or Abeokuta? Am not saying that those places dont have strong yoruba populations but why does Lagos attract the most number of yorubas?

1 Like

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by ibotic(f): 8:10pm On Mar 22, 2018
LaudableXX:

Imhotep is an afonja.....pretending to be Igbo unlike some those of us who are pure igbos...angry
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 22, 2018
LaudableXX:

The same Lagos that was bought with 20 pounds grin

cc lzaa onyeoga

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 8:27pm On Mar 22, 2018
ibotic:

Imhotep is an afonja.....pretending to be Igbo unlike some those of us who are pure igbos...angry
I am originally from Oshogbo. grin
Eko oni baje rara
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by OnyeOGA(m): 8:28pm On Mar 22, 2018
imhotep:

cc lzaa onyeoga
grin
it is really a disgrace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LZAA: 8:28pm On Mar 22, 2018
imhotep:
cc lzaa onyeoga
grin grin the clown holding up create ya own lagos in igboland always gets me grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 8:29pm On Mar 22, 2018
ariesbull:

Business bro
One Nigeria bro

T9ksy needs to embrace one Nigeria asap

2 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by LZAA: 8:34pm On Mar 22, 2018
ibotic:

onyeoga come and heaaaar oooo grin
imhotep is a goblin?? grin grin
imothep what say you grin

2 Likes

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 22, 2018
LZAA:

onyeoga come and heaaaar oooo grin
imhotep is a goblin?? grin grin
imothep what say you grin
I am from Oshogbo, near Ijebu Ode grin

cc onyeoga

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by ibotic(f): 8:39pm On Mar 22, 2018
imhotep:

I am originally from Oshogbo. grin
Eko oni baje rara

I guessed as much.....
Re: Ambode's Land Use Charge: A Wake Up Call To Landlords Especially Igbos by OnyeOGA(m): 8:41pm On Mar 22, 2018
imhotep:

I am from Oshogbo, near Ijebu Ode grin

cc onyeoga
no na from Lagoon.
grin
lzaa

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (22) (Reply)

100 Most Reputable Africans: Nigeria Tops List By Reputation Poll / Update On Osun Governorship Election Tribunal / Buhari And Ali Gusau In 1962 (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.