Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander (1562 Views)

Messi VS Ronaldo: Kaka Picks Messi Ahead Of Ronaldo Despite Real Madrid Links / To The Guys Only,what Lies Do Ladies Tell Us Mostly, When In A Relationship? / Pre-Wedding Photos Of Couple With Down Syndrome Ahead Of Their Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by JONNYSPUTE(m): 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2018
kazyhm:
hmn....what i have learnt is if you dont live in falsehood and pretence, then you re not real.......being real is seen by the society as being outdated
. Honestly bro,I can relate.@ op,nice post.
Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by Evangkatsoulis: 9:00am On Mar 06, 2019
XML33:

I'd rather watch BBNaija than join a bunch of weaklings complain about the world and celebrate suicide.

What's the usefulness of this thread? What's the benefit in saying that life is meaningless and everything that we do is futile? How does this benefit humanity? How is saying that suicide is the solution to the problem of existence useful to mankind?

Tell me one person in history of this earth that had this stupid mindset that has impacted positively to the development of the human race? Most of the people who have this mindset end up shooting schools and theaters, blowing up buildings, and committing all forms of mass murder.

The reason you are even alive today is because men and women strived to survive and make the best of themselves despite understanding that life had it's negative aspects. But they focused on the positives and used their gifts to impact their world positively. This is the message that should be propagated, not essays about how life is meaningless and how people are unfair and how suicide is an appetizing solution.

Oga, If this life is meaningless then your 'humanity' and 'contributing to humanity' are meaningless.
So post no makes no sense.
Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by islandmoon: 10:03am On Mar 07, 2019
Evangkatsoulis:

Oga, If this life is meaningless then your 'humanity' and 'contributing to humanity' are meaningless.
So post no makes no sense.

what do you want from me?
Re: What Lies Ahead Of Us? - A Frank Rant By A Reflective Nairalander by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 07, 2019
Maxvasia:
I am not a very expressive person but While sitting quietly in my office at work today, i began to reflect on life around us, and this is what my spirit tells me with a great measure of conviction which i wish to share with you all......

Suicide rates will multiply all over the world. Not because times are hard. Times were HARD during the World Wars and Great Economic recessions and depressions. The society is increasingly frivolous. People have no true friends. Because friends see themselves more as rivals. The race is measured by wealth and nothing else. Set backs are mourned as wasted lives by those who should give love and genuine support. So a troubled man becomes the butt of jokes by those in whom he has reposed his trust.

Calamities befall men and their friends shed tears of sympathy for them in the morning, but run them down and harm them ruthlessly at night. The man can't even tell his wife because he is sure she would show little or NO understanding at all, because in her heart is the hearth of the values that society upholds. He has seen her divulge little details to her family. He has heard her eulogise wealth and curse set backs as abomination. She has a little merry heart, while pretending to be oblivious of the realities her man has to face for which her powerful supporting and protective prayers and intuition were needed, to mediate strength and inspire confidence.

The pastor can't be trusted because he is given to flashy cars and worldly ambitions. He rates men by their earthly successes and wealth. He can't be trusted because wealth he says is the ultimate blessing from the Creator. Everyday he celebrates only the rich. The value of a man is measured, not by the quality of his being, but by the size of his pocket.

So the troubled man walks around with his troubles in his heart. One day, he would weigh it all over again, and say NO! It's enough!!

But then, when the slightly reflective one meditates on the purpose to all this, in his mind he bumps ever again against the common saying "to keep body and soul together and lead a respectable life". And again, one asks what is the essence of keeping body and soul together only to be driven along the course of sham and falsehood, to live a life in celebration of tinsel, to be honored and respected by clergies and temples who themselves have become slaves to materialism... a life born, moulded fashioned and forged in a BIG LIE!

No Truth, no genuineness... No Love! Everyone scrambles around in the dark, in ignorance, seeking to attain his goals at the expense of, and to the detriment of the other. So that even Marriages which should be guided by Love and Trust are deeply steeped in intrigue and selfish calculation, one working to outsmart the other in a senseless struggle for power and control. Egotism, selfishness and power lustfulness have become the lord and bane of all relationships, now collapsing on all sides. The expression "Marriages are made in Heaven" have become a hypocritical mockery cry of the Sublime Purity of He Who mercifully ordained it. People now twitch their noses at it because they no longer believe in it, though they profess it for the sake of it. Man has come to question the existence of Love, now on the brink of convincing himself that it does not exist in a world of realism, but only in the sanguine-idealistic consciousness of the dreaming mind.

And no one knows where nor how to find the origin of this scorge, this evil upon which all life around man on earth is founded. Hypocricy, selfishness, slavish materialism, power lustfulness and drunkenness,morbid sensuality, envy, greed, malice and hatred. Little wonder that this world seems on a slow march towards an ignominous collapse. And man still seeks to find solutions to the impending horror by striving even more vigorously into the same faults that gave birth to these evils. Many more will have to suffer, many more will have to die, dont ask me why (Bob Marley), for it is useless running to the prayer houses when the heart is seething with poison without any genuine desire to change.

Just a frank rant!

What a waste. You could have published this beautiful stuff in a website that is worthy of it. Instead you thorw this diamond into dirt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Not A Lazy Young Nigerian (pic) / Video: Brazen Couple Caught Having Sex On Someone Grave In Broad Daylight Before / I Am In Love With My Neighbour Daughter (pls I Need Advice Me )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.