Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,964 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? (14676 Views)

How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY / To the atheist, what do you think? / The Atheist's Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 2:26pm On May 14, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Atheism: It isn’t a religion, it’s a relationship with reality. Atheists aren`t atheists because of some benefit, we are who we are because we finally realise that we don’t want to be good people so we can live with God after we die. We want to be good people so we can live with ourselves while we are alive.

Bullsh*t!!! Pure Bullsh*t!!!

What fu*ked up right do you have to tell these
other atheists
that they are wrong:

1 Like

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by hopefulLandlord: 2:27pm On May 14, 2018
RuthlessLeader:
lol. like how you quote bible verses for us right?
Hehehe
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 2:29pm On May 14, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

lol. like how you quote bible verses for us right?
That quote does not belong to you, when you quote people, reference them. You are a thief if you don't.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by dalaman: 2:29pm On May 14, 2018
winner01:
Evidentially, humans "appeared" on earth, fully formed and this is why we do not see innumerable transitional forms of evolving humans as postulated by Darwin.

In the 19th century, Charles Darwin himself struggled with the the fact that the fossil record failed to support his conclusions and he wrote the following
“Why,” he asked, “if species have descended from other species by fine gradations, do we not everywhere see innumerable transitional forms? Why do we not find them imbedded in countless numbers in the crust of the earth?”
“The number of intermediate varieties, which have formerly existed, [must] be truly enormous,” he wrote. “Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps, is the most obvious and serious objection which can be urged against the theory”

To buttresses the fact that humans appeared fully formed, the late Harvard University paleontologist Stephen Jay Gould is perhaps today’s best-known popular writer on evolution. An ardent evolutionist, he collaborated with Professor Eldredge in proposing alternatives to the traditional view of Darwinism. Like Eldredge, he recognized that the fossil record fundamentally conflicted with Darwin’s idea of gradualism.
“The history of most fossil species,” he wrote, “includes two features particularly inconsistent with gradualism [gradual evolution from one species to another]:
“1. Stasis. Most species exhibit no directional [evolutionary] change during their tenure on earth. They appear in the fossil record looking pretty much the same as when they disappear; morphological [anatomical or structural] change is usually limited and directionless.
“2. Sudden appearance. In any local area, a species does not arise gradually by the steady transformation of its ancestors: it appears all at once and ‘fully formed’”

If you have evidence of innumerable transitional fossils of humans, take the word "innumerable" seriously, not one LUCY, or two Homo habilis, or three pieces of extinct Australopithecus africanus, constructed by otherwise scientists, in furthering their cause.
Direct me to the innumerable transitional fossils. Of you can't, it means you agree that humans appeared once and fully formed. And this means you are proposing that a super-complex machine like the human is capable of appearing from thin air. smiley

I am not an evolutionists, so direct your nonsense somewhere else pls.

Do you have evidence to show me that humans were created by Yahweh? Where is it? I don't want your empty lies and useless assumptions.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 2:30pm On May 14, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Fail. Jesus was a Jew and supported the Jewish laws and traditions, though he might have softened some of the more stringent rules. Nevertheless, if you do not observe the Halakha, the collective body of Jewish religious laws, you cannot consider yourself to be a follower of Jesus. If you do not attend synagogue, you cannot be a follower of Jesus. If you do not observe the Sabbath, from Friday evening to Saturday evening, you cannot be a follower of Jesus. If you do not observe the requirement of circumcision, you cannot be a follower of Jesus. If you do not observe the kosher dietary rules, you cannot be a follower of Jesus.

To summarize, you can consider yourself to be a Christian, but you are not a follower of Jesus. If Jesus could observe your life, he would not consider you to be his disciple. You are not a follower of the real Jesus. Instead, you are a follower of the fictional Jesus created by Paul, the Gospel authors, the Emperor Constantine, and all the popes and religious leaders over the past 20 centuries.
How come the consistent enemies of Jesus were religious leaders? undecided
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by hopefulLandlord: 2:31pm On May 14, 2018
dalaman:

Do you have evidence to show me that humans were created by Yahweh? Where is it? I don't want your empty lies and useless assumptions.

His impeccable logic states that if you can't explain it then goddidit Yahwehdidit

1 Like

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 2:31pm On May 14, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Winner01 I think this guy is a fresh hatchling going by his logical reasoning . is he worth attention?
He's fresh from the oven, I don't think he's worth any, maybe when he cools down in the next few months. smiley
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 2:33pm On May 14, 2018
dalaman:

lol. Simple question. What evidential facts do you have for the existence of humans?
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 2:35pm On May 14, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

His impeccable logic states that if you can't explain it then Yahweh did it

I've not mentioned Yahweh on this thread. Stop wishing I did. Argue logically, what evidential history can you give for the existence of humans.

Or did humans appear at once and fully formed?

Cc: Dalaman??

I guess no atheist will ever answer this question honestly and the reason is obvious grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 2:36pm On May 14, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Fail. Jesus was a Jew and supported the Jewish laws and traditions, though he might have softened some of the more stringent rules. Nevertheless, if you do not observe the Halakha, the collective body of Jewish religious laws, you cannot consider yourself to be a follower of Jesus. If you do not attend synagogue, you cannot be a follower of Jesus. If you do not observe the Sabbath, from Friday evening to Saturday evening, you cannot be a follower of Jesus. If you do not observe the requirement of circumcision, you cannot be a follower of Jesus. If you do not observe the kosher dietary rules, you cannot be a follower of Jesus.

To summarize, you can consider yourself to be a Christian, but you are not a follower of Jesus. If Jesus could observe your life, he would not consider you to be his disciple. You are not a follower of the real Jesus. Instead, you are a follower of the fictional Jesus created by Paul, the Gospel authors, the Emperor Constantine, and all the popes and religious leaders over the past 20 centuries.

Smh. There is so much you are very ignorant of which is why you keep posting childish arguments. The life of Christ is not ritualistic based on observation of days or events but is a life.

The childish talk you posted above was already tackled and laid to rest in scripture thousands of years ago. Let me show you and I hope you would understand it.

Colossians 2:16-23 (KJV)

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

18 Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

19 And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;

22 Which all are to perish with the usingwink after the commandments and doctrines of men?

23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

Regarding the sabbath, this were the words of Jesus himself

Mathew 2:27

27 Then he said to them, “The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath

In a nutshell, the sabbath is not a law made for man but a choice man can make to observe it or not observe it. Man is in charge of the sabbath and not the other way around.

You have a long way to go.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 2:37pm On May 14, 2018
winner01:
If you truly side with history, tell me the history of humans, based on evidence.. smiley
HopefulLandlord, will you ever answer this question? grin grin grin
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by hopefulLandlord: 2:38pm On May 14, 2018
winner01:
I've not mentioned Yahweh on this thread. Stop wishing I did. Argue logically, what evidential history can you give for the existence of humans.

I guess no atheist will ever answer this question honestly and the reason is obvious grin grin grin

What logical argument have you done here?

FSM created humans fully formed
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by RuthlessLeader(m): 2:39pm On May 14, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Christianity isn't a religion but a relationship with their own reality (same shoe different designer so comfort levels differ)
You are right christianity is a relationship that denies reality in favor of one of it`s choosing.

Christians Aren't Christians because they want to be good people so can live with themselves while alive. They want to be good people to others AT THE EXPENSE of themselves while alive, not based on the motivation of heaven but based on the TRANSFORMATION of their once selfish and sinful nature to the one that has been imputed on them by the acceptance of death and ressurection of Jesus.
And he gives another EPIC FAIL, christianity would have almost no followers if there wasnt:
A promise of eternal reward(heaven)
A promise of eternal punishment(hell)
An easy way for the gullible convert to get rid of his/her sins(believing that jesus died for your sins, which is false)
Making backsliding into sin very easy by saying all our natural human impulses and behaviors are sinful(where christians say masturbating, thinking lustful thoughts, holding grudge, doubting god etc)

If you wish to die and become maggot food its your cup of tea. That in itself speaks of hopelessness for even the bible said and I quote
And you are allowed to believe in any god. You can even believe that all secular music is satanic for all I care. But the day your start to harm my fellow human beings because of your beliefs I will have a problem with you. The day you start involving those angels and demons in decision making for our nation, I have a big problem with you

1 Like

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by RuthlessLeader(m): 2:42pm On May 14, 2018
winner01:
Bullsh*t!!! Pure Bullsh*t!!!

What fu*ked up right do you have to tell these
other atheists
that they are wrong:

I don`t think god will be happy with your language
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by RuthlessLeader(m): 2:43pm On May 14, 2018
winner01:
How come the consistent enemies of Jesus were religious leaders? undecided
Because jesus called them out on their hypocrisy and ridiculed them
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 2:44pm On May 14, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

What logical argument have you done here?

FSM created humans fully formed
Dalaman, Budaatum, Seun, Superhumanist etc do you guys also agree with this? grin

1 Like

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by RuthlessLeader(m): 2:45pm On May 14, 2018
winner01:

Another example of the Dunning-Kruger Effect
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 2:46pm On May 14, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

I don`t think god will be happy with your language

God said the words Bullsh*t or F*in are forbidden?

But according to you, God does not exist?

Are you using God as a standard to tell me what is right or wrong?

Smh.

Your initial reply was real Horseshoe*t, atheists have no relationship with reality or any other nonsense you make up?

1 Like

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by RuthlessLeader(m): 2:46pm On May 14, 2018
[s]
Butterflyleo:

Smh. There is so much you are very ignorant of which is why you keep posting childish arguments. The life of Christ is not ritualistic based on observation of days or events but is a life.

The childish talk you posted above was already tackled and laid to rest in scripture thousands of years ago. Let me show you and I hope you would understand it.

Regarding the sabbath, this were the words of Jesus himself

In a nutshell, the sabbath is not a law made for man but a choice man can make to observe it or not observe it. Man is in charge of the sabbath and not the other way around.

You have a long way to go.
[/s]
Guy you are wrong, the version of christianity practised today is different from what jesus practised himself
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by RuthlessLeader(m): 2:48pm On May 14, 2018
winner01:

Smh.

Your initial reply was real Horseshoe*t, atheists have no relationship with reality or any other nonsense you make up?
Christianity: PEACE, LOVE and ACCEPTANCE.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 2:48pm On May 14, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Because jesus called them out on their hypocrisy and ridiculed them
How would a religious person call out religious leaders who acts as "Gods mouthpiece"?
You do not know what religion is.

1 Like

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by hopefulLandlord: 2:49pm On May 14, 2018
winner01:
Dalaman, Budaatum, Seun, Superhumanist etc do you guys also agree with this? grin

Why does their opinion matter here? I'm me and I've given you my answer
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 2:50pm On May 14, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

My God!!!, such honesty from an atheist.

Dalaman, hopefulLandlord, Seun, Cutemadridsta, Hahn, Superhumanist, Budaatum etc, do you agree that this is what Christianity stands for?

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 2:50pm On May 14, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

You are right christianity is a relationship that denies reality in favor of one of it`s choosing.

And he gives another EPIC FAIL, christianity would have almost no followers if there wasnt:
A promise of eternal reward(heaven)
A promise of eternal punishment(hell)
An easy way for the gullible convert to get rid of his/her sins(believing that jesus died for your sins, which is false)
Making backsliding into sin very easy by saying all our natural human impulses and behaviors are sinful(where christians say masturbating, thinking lustful thoughts, holding grudge, doubting god etc)

And you are allowed to believe in any god. You can even believe that all secular music is satanic for all I care. But the day your start to harm my fellow human beings because of your beliefs I will have a problem with you. The day you start involving those angels and demons in decision making for our nation, I have a big problem with you

Romans 6:1-18

Romans 6 (KJV)

6 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.

8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:

9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.

10 For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God.

11 Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.

18 Being then made free from sin, ye became the servants of righteousness

If you know how useless this scripture made your above comment to look you would have thought twice before posting it.

And regarding your comment about me harming my fellow humans because of my beliefs despite my lifestyle as a believer in Jesus being against that shows how childishly you yet reason.

I suggest you beam your crusading atheistic words to people like the Mao Zedong the notorious atheist leader who singlehandedly murdered/killed a record number of about 80million people who stood against his beliefs as an atheist and the over 200million people who died at the hands of other atheist leaders because they also stood against their atheistic ideologies.

You can stop mentioning me now.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 2:51pm On May 14, 2018
winner01:

Smh.

Lmao check and mate grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by RuthlessLeader(m): 2:52pm On May 14, 2018
winner01:
How would a religious person call out religious leaders who acts as "Gods mouthpiece"?
You do not know what religion is.
Look at this guy oo. So are you saying that religious people don`t call out their leaders?

Oh, sorry I forgot you are an african christian who will listen to their pastor even if he tells them drink fuel and is never wrong when he makes a prediction. Smh.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 2:52pm On May 14, 2018
hopefulLandlord:

Why does their opinion matter here? I'm me and I've given you my answer
I rarely see you creating arguments on why FSM created humans.

I'm simply calling on your brothers to do justice to this claim the way they do justice to everything else grin

1 Like

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 2:53pm On May 14, 2018
winner01:
My God!!!, such honesty from an atheist.

Dalaman, hopefulLandlord, Seun, Cutemadridsta, Hahn, Superhumanist, Budaatum etc, do you agree that this is what Christianity stands for?

grin grin grin

Lmao another check and mate grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 2:54pm On May 14, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

You just killed your entire argument. Lmao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by dalaman: 2:55pm On May 14, 2018
Butterflyleo:

If God did not make contact with humans then humans wouldn't be UNIVERSALLY talking about God regardless of the many variants.

Which God made contact with the ancient Mayan? Can you tell us it's name? The one that made contact with the ancient Indians and Chinese nko? What about the people that made contact with yoit village ancestors 1000 years ago?

Gods are human inventions that is why there are so many different versions of them each created by men for many different reasons.

Infact humans started by worshipping agents of nature like the sun, the moon , mountains, rivers etc. Some even worshipped humans, may God men abound throughout history. The God idea kept evolving till hums decided to invent invisible beings. Even the invisible beings are of different types. While some invented the poly invisible beings others invented the mono invisible beings. Your claim remains false.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 2:56pm On May 14, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Look at this guy oo. So are you saying that religious people don`t call out their leaders?

Oh, sorry I forgot you are an african christian who will listen to their pastor even if he tells them drink fuel and is never wrong when he makes a prediction. Smh.
lol, naso...

Give me the ratio of people calling out Buhari and Osibanjo on the basis of their religion. In that, you'll find what true religion is. wink
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 2:57pm On May 14, 2018
Butterflyleo:

You just killed your entire argument. Lmao
I tell you Bro grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Kumuyi Seeks Support For Church’s Plan To Check Unemployment / What Are Your Reasons For Not Going To Church Today? / Are People Doing Polygamy Going To Hell Fire?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.