Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,934 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? (14683 Views)

How Can The Atheist Me Be Happily Married To My Christian Wife? See My REPLY / To the atheist, what do you think? / The Atheist's Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by RuthlessLeader(m): 3:50pm On May 14, 2018
A real god wouldn`t make petty rules
One sign that the Christian god is not real is the long list of petty rules that he made for his chosen people, the Jews, that are prominently displayed in the Old Testament. Here’s a sampling:

Don’t eat pork (Leviticus 11:7-cool
Don’t eat fat (Leviticus 3:17)
Don’t lie about virginity (Deuteronomy 22:20-21)
Don’t mix meat with dairy (Exodus 23:19)
Don’t wear clothing made of more than one kind of cloth (Leviticus 19:19)
Don’t touch the carcass of a pig (Deuteronomy 14:cool
Don’t dress across gender lines (Deuteronomy 22:5)
Don’t cut the hair on the side of your head (Leviticus 19:27)
Don’t plant more than one kind of seed in a field (Leviticus 19:19)
Don’t perform ANY work on the Sabbath (Exodus 31:14)
Don’t be a male who is uncircumcised (Genesis 17:14)
Don’t speak in church if you are a woman (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)
These are the types of rules that would be created by anal-retentive men, but they’re not the issues that would concern the creator of the universe. The long litany of petty rules that have no bearing on a person’s character or have any effect on the well-being of other people is persuasive evidence that the Christian god is imaginary.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 3:50pm On May 14, 2018
tintingz:
By this there shouldn't be poor people in Nigeria, I've not seen Nigerians saying he/she love to be poor.

The right words ----> the right mindset ----> the right motivation -----> desire to achieve goals -----> increases confidence and determination -----> necessity -----> invention (of ones self or ones goals) ----> IT ALL COMES ALIVE!
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 3:52pm On May 14, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

They were wiped out due to competition for food and territory. and besides, since god created us from dust, why is there still dust.
Shouldn't we have numerous evidences from the earths crust?
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 3:52pm On May 14, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

They were wiped out due to competition for food and territory. and besides, since god created us from dust, why is there still dust.

Lmao they were ALL WIPED OUT? If they were wiped out then how did the current form get here?

If they were wiped out then we should have their fossils LITTERED EVERYWHERE because they should be in their millions. So where are the millions of fossils? grin
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by RuthlessLeader(m): 3:53pm On May 14, 2018
Butterflyleo:

The right words ----> the right mindset ----> the right motivation -----> desire to achieve goals -----> increases confidence and determination -----> necessity -----> invention (of ones self or ones goals) ----> IT ALL COMES ALIVE!
Apologetics apologetics, smh. Some healings are too hard for god. Mostly he can heal only with the help of time, drugs, surgery, and the action of the person’s immune system.

We don’t need apologetics for houseflies. You simply point to them and say “there’s one now.”
Apparently the mightier you are, the more you need middle-aged pseudo-academics to ‘demonstrate’ your existence. Quite a paradox.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 3:53pm On May 14, 2018
tintingz:
So it's mere words that create tickets for the show or it's mere words that the hall, stage magically form?
They make a living using words. Whatever you want to make of that is your headache ehn. wink
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by RuthlessLeader(m): 3:54pm On May 14, 2018
winner01:
Shouldn't we have numerous evidences from the earths crust?
Yes there is evidence in the link i gave you.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 3:54pm On May 14, 2018
dalaman:

First group of Humans that invented which God? Is it Yahewh?

I don't care which one. I am typing English am I not? I said I DONT CARE WHICH GOD. All I want is your evidence for the very first man or group of humans who invented God.

Try to stop beating around this bush, you are punishing the bush unnecessarily. grin
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 3:55pm On May 14, 2018
RuthlessLeader:
A real god wouldn`t make petty rules
One sign that the Christian god is not real is the long list of petty rules that he made for his chosen people, the Jews, that are prominently displayed in the Old Testament. Here’s a sampling:

Don’t eat pork (Leviticus 11:7-cool
Don’t eat fat (Leviticus 3:17)
Don’t lie about virginity (Deuteronomy 22:20-21)
Don’t mix meat with dairy (Exodus 23:19)
Don’t wear clothing made of more than one kind of cloth (Leviticus 19:19)
Don’t touch the carcass of a pig (Deuteronomy 14:cool
Don’t dress across gender lines (Deuteronomy 22:5)
Don’t cut the hair on the side of your head (Leviticus 19:27)
Don’t plant more than one kind of seed in a field (Leviticus 19:19)
Don’t perform ANY work on the Sabbath (Exodus 31:14)
Don’t be a male who is uncircumcised (Genesis 17:14)
Don’t speak in church if you are a woman (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)
These are the types of rules that would be created by anal-retentive men, but they’re not the issues that would concern the creator of the universe. The long litany of petty rules that have no bearing on a person’s character or have any effect on the well-being of other people is persuasive evidence that the Christian god is imaginary.
Okay, and so because of petty rules, God does not exist?
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by RuthlessLeader(m): 3:55pm On May 14, 2018
No story about Noah and his ark is complete without the bloated, gnarled, rotting carcasses of men, women, children, infants, fetuses, and other animals that God murdered floating alongside and bouncing against the boat.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 3:56pm On May 14, 2018
Butterflyleo:

Lmao they were ALL WIPED OUT? If they were wiped out then how did the current form get here?

If they were wiped out then we should have their fossils LITTERED EVERYWHERE because they should be in their millions. So where are the millions of fossils? grin
Charles Darwin himself struggled with the the fact that the fossil record failed to support his conclusions and he wrote the following
“Why,” he asked, “if species have descended from other species by fine gradations, do we not everywhere see innumerable transitional forms? Why do we not find them imbedded in countless numbers in the crust of the earth?”
“The number of intermediate varieties, which have formerly existed, [must] be truly enormous,” he wrote. “Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such finely graduated organic chain; and this, perhaps, is the most obvious and serious objection which can be urged against the theory”

Darwin was confident that fossil discoveries would provide clear and convincing evidence that his conjectures were correct. His theory predicted that countless transitional forms must have existed, all gradually blending from one tiny step to the next, as species progressively evolved to higher, better-adapted forms.
More than a million species are alive today. For all of these species to have evolved from common ancestors, we should be able to find millions, if not hundreds of millions, of intermediate forms(transitional forms) gradually evolving into other species.
And it was not only fossils of transitional species between apes and human beings that would have to be discovered to prove Darwin’s theory. The gaps were enormous.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by tintingz(m): 3:57pm On May 14, 2018
Butterflyleo:

If God did not make contact with humans then humans wouldn't be UNIVERSALLY talking about God regardless of the many variants.

Did they have a general universal consensus at a meeting somewhere where this decision was taken?

There is no need for ONE RELIGION because God is not Religious. Jesus was not religious. So if you are using religion or the idea that there should be one religion to justify the existence of God then you are sadly mistaken.

I have said this repeatedly on this forum that Christianity is not a religion but a way of life. What we have as gathering places is not a church but a building where the church (body of believers) gather. (I hope you can understand something this simple).

Your logic is rather childish.
If Social media didn't make contacts with humans there won't be people talking about social media.

Social media is a God.

You see your absurdity?

1 Like

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 3:58pm On May 14, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Mention 5 of your strongest evidences, and let's subject them to scrutiny. I doubt you've ever scrutinized those claims...
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 3:58pm On May 14, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

He said EVIDENCES and you are saying EVIDENCE.

The intermediate species which should be in their millions should be avail us QUITE EASILY with tons of evidence and not the needle in the haystack fabrications we see from scientists.

Where are they?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by dalaman: 3:58pm On May 14, 2018
Butterflyleo:

I don't care which one. I am typing English am I not? I said I DONT CARE WHICH GOD. All I want is your evidence for the very first man or group of humans who invented God.

Try to stop beating around this bush, you are punishing the bush unnecessarily. grin

Be specific about the God you are talking about because there are many Gods. When you are ready to specify which God you can let me know.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 3:59pm On May 14, 2018
Butterflyleo:

It's like you don't know Dalaman, that guy dribble pass Messi. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by RuthlessLeader(m): 3:59pm On May 14, 2018
winner01:
Okay, and so because of petty rules, God does not exist?
Matthew 5:17-20 King James Version (KJV)
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
What i mean is that if god exists, you have to follow all these laws because jesus never abolished it and god said in Numbers 23:19:God is not human, that he should lie,
not a human being, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
Does he promise and not fulfill?
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 4:00pm On May 14, 2018
RuthlessLeader:
No story about Noah and his ark is complete without the bloated, gnarled, rotting carcasses of men, women, children, infants, fetuses, and other animals that God murdered floating alongside and bouncing against the boat.
How do you murder something you created and gave rights to live?

Are you accused of slavery when you sell a phone you didn't even create?

God is not the man you've created in your brains. wink

1 Like

Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 4:00pm On May 14, 2018
tintingz:
If Social media didn't make contacts with humans there won't be people talking about social media.

Social media is a God.

You see your absurdity?

You are actually confirming my position. Nothing just starts. Something triggers it. Cause and effect.

Thank you for supporting me albeit ignorantly.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by tintingz(m): 4:01pm On May 14, 2018
Butterflyleo:

And you think there are no youths here in Nigeria that have gone through all these and things didn't work well? Why do you think youths are angry at President Buhari for calling them "lazy youths"?.

The premise is "can words create things"?
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by dalaman: 4:01pm On May 14, 2018
winner01:

Shut up! Go and answer the questions I asked you.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by RuthlessLeader(m): 4:02pm On May 14, 2018
Butterflyleo:

He said EVIDENCES and you are saying EVIDENCE.

The intermediate species which should be in their millions should be avail us QUITE EASILY with tons of evidence and not the needle in the haystack fabrications we see from scientists.

Where are they?
Unfortunately i don`t have that evidence but let me ask you something; if we were created from dust shouldn`t we be mostly silicon based?
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 4:02pm On May 14, 2018
dalaman:

Be specific about the God you are talking about because there are many Gods. When you are ready to specify which God you can let me know.

Lmao cop out.

What part of I DONT CARE WHICH GOD do you not understand? grin

I am actually giving you a blank check. Show me verifiable evidence to the first man who invented God or the first group of humans who invented God.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by tintingz(m): 4:02pm On May 14, 2018
winner01:
They make a living using words. Whatever you want to make of that is your headache ehn. wink
Can words create tickets?
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 4:03pm On May 14, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Matthew 5:17-20 King James Version (KJV)
17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.
What i mean is that if god exists, you have to follow all these laws because jesus never abolished it and god said in Numbers 23:19:God is not human, that he should lie,
not a human being, that he should change his mind.
Does he speak and then not act?
Does he promise and not fulfill?
Okay, because of this story, God does not exist?

State your point clearly Mr. man.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 4:04pm On May 14, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Unfortunately i don`t have that evidence but let me ask you something; if we were created from dust shouldn`t we be mostly silicon based?

So you finally admit that there is no such evidence grin

Yet you were basing your entire argument on such evidence you do not even have.

Again you kill your entire argument. cheesy
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 4:05pm On May 14, 2018
tintingz:
What nonsense is this? If A.Y couldn't speak you think he'll be able to make a living?
How about the comedians who are invited to perform at the show, they also bought tickets?
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 4:06pm On May 14, 2018
winner01:

I am just typing and shaking my head at his desperate dodging techniques. grin
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by winner01(m): 4:06pm On May 14, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

You don't have evidence and you're propagating the theory?

So you believe things for which there exists no tangible evidence?
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by tintingz(m): 4:07pm On May 14, 2018
Butterflyleo:

You are actually confirming my position. Nothing just starts. Something triggers it. Cause and effect.

Thank you for supporting me albeit ignorantly.
It's sad you didn't see the absurdity in your post.

Social media was the trending thing in this our age, now what was trending thousand years ago?

There are things we don't know that caused the effect yet, like the "Yawning" we agued about in a thread.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 4:08pm On May 14, 2018
tintingz:

Words are tickets.

The tickets are a ripple effect of the words which caused them. Without the words there would be no tickets to come and listen to those words. So yes, the words created the tickets.
Re: Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? by Butterflyleo: 4:10pm On May 14, 2018
tintingz:
It's sad you didn't see the absurdity in your post.

Social media was the trending thing in this our age, now what was trending thousand years ago?

There are things we don't know that caused the effect yet, like the "Yawning" we agued about in a thread.

Sorry but you are the one who did not see the absurdity in your post.

Social media is not God and isn't seen as such (unless you wish to start that yourself wink )

God stands distinct from all else and till date is the longest "trending" thing known to man. Beat that with social media.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

YouTube Needs Prayers – Prophet TB Joshua (Video) / Ex-theists/atheists, How Did You View Atheists When You Were A Theist? / The Making of GRACE CONVENTION 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.