Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,952 members, 7,828,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. (48473 Views)

FG Can't Share Donated Funds To Nigerians - Lai Mohammed / Ooni Charges Historians On Deeper Researches About Yoruba-igbo Family Ties / President Buhari Challenges Historians, Economists To Documen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by dunkem21(m): 12:00am On Mar 25, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Finish the first fight before jumping to the second, you are taking a beating so you want to divert the topic grin

We go still beat am again.. This one na Akamu case.

An antelope is no match for the Lion..

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by phillippiano(m): 12:00am On Mar 25, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Finish the first fight before jumping to the second, you are taking a beating so you want to divert the topic grin
What first fight? The post I quoted was talking about university with higher number of profs and I gave a verifiable data

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by BankeSmalls(f): 12:00am On Mar 25, 2018
phillippiano:
How exactly is your question relevant to the issue of the university that has the highest number of profs ? Remember I only responded to the issue of professor or no professor.

First university in Nigeria. Or we throw you out of the thread grin

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 12:01am On Mar 25, 2018
phillippiano:
How exactly is your question relevant to the issue of the university that has the highest number of profs ? Remember I only responded to the issue of professor or no professor.

Ok. So which is Nigeria's first uni. UNN or UI?

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 12:01am On Mar 25, 2018
AceRoot:
SORRY.... DO NOT COLLECT 200.

In 1948, University College Ibadan started as an offshoot of University of London, and all certifications obtained within were from Senate House, off Shaftesbury Avenue in London. Even with this practice came the choice of Ibadan's first Nigerian Principal, then later V.C, Kenneth Dike, the eminent Historian.
U.C.I continued to be a College of University of London until it became a full and independent University in its own deserved right in 1962.

I can even recall the fond memories as a noisy kid with my other school-mates running around Abadina through Vet. Sci with its horse stables, into and through Bookshop, Clock Tower, on our way daily to the Acadamic Office, whilst plucking sweet berries planted beside stony building walls.

To boot, after the civil war, General Yakubu Gowon got his way and established the Jos Campus of U.I. in 1972 and graduates were awarded IBADAN degrees and diplomas UNTIL 1976, imho, then UniJos kicked off with its first and proper matriculation just like Ibadan had done in 1962/1963.

It was not an offshoot it was a College. Those who say ths are clearly ignorant of what a Collegiate University is and should take time to read up on it. Not evry University operates such a system . In fact moost do not. But it is worth studying.

The First university in Nigeria is UI there is nothing to discuss

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by BankeSmalls(f): 12:02am On Mar 25, 2018
phillippiano:
What first fight? The post I quoted was talking about university with higher number of profs and I gave a verifiable data

So, you agree University of Ibadan is Nigerias second university? grin

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by dunkem21(m): 12:02am On Mar 25, 2018
BankeSmalls:

grin cheesy You sef na wahala grin

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by phillippiano(m): 12:03am On Mar 25, 2018
BankeSmalls:

I don't give a damn about u throwing me out of the thread and I don't care which is he first university, just provide a verifiable data as I did that shows Unn has the highest profs

2 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by BankeSmalls(f): 12:04am On Mar 25, 2018
0monnak0da:

It was not an offshoot it was a College. Those who say ths are clearly ignorant of what a Collegiate University is and should take time to read up on it. Not evry University operates such a system . In fact moost do not. But it is worth studying.

The First university in Nigeria is UI there is nothing to discuss

Confusion break bone, next I will hear is that it was a polytechnic and not a secondary school again grin

4 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by phillippiano(m): 12:04am On Mar 25, 2018
BankeSmalls:

So, you agree University of Ibadan is Nigerias second university? grin
Whether first or second, does it change the fact that she has more professors and more researchers/research works?
Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by BankeSmalls(f): 12:05am On Mar 25, 2018
phillippiano:
I don't give a damn about u throwing me out of the thread and I don't care which is he first university, just provide a verifiable data as I did that shows Unn has the highest profs

kpele, Prof Kenneth Dike says hi grin

UI, is Nigerias second university

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 12:07am On Mar 25, 2018
phillippiano:

Ok. stand aside. when we enter that topic, we will call you. sorry dear. its really sad seeing your 'premier uni, yoruba pride' busted without help. sorry. take heart.

4 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by BankeSmalls(f): 12:07am On Mar 25, 2018
phillippiano:
Whether first or second, does it change the fact that she has more professors and more researchers/research works?

More professors in the second university? grin

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by phillippiano(m): 12:07am On Mar 25, 2018
BankeSmalls:

kpele, Prof Kenneth Dike says hi grin
Is this the best your miniature bran could come up with? Provide a verifiable data that proves that your unn has more profs and researchers than ui

3 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by dunkem21(m): 12:08am On Mar 25, 2018
phillippiano:

We will do justice to that very soon. We want to take back our right and change the age-long propaganda first..

UN or UI .. which one is the first? cheesy

8 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by phillippiano(m): 12:09am On Mar 25, 2018
BankeSmalls:

More professors in the second university? grin
Guy,I don't dwell in hearsays, the data provided up there came from the NUC through Prof Peter Okebukola, you should at least provide another data to counter it .
Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by phillippiano(m): 12:09am On Mar 25, 2018
dunkem21:

We will do justice to that very soon. We want to take back our right and change the age-long propaganda first..

UN or UI .. which one is the first? cheesy
Ui is the first university in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by dunkem21(m): 12:11am On Mar 25, 2018
phillippiano:
Ui is the first university in Nigeria

You mean, University of London, Ibadan? grin

8 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by BankeSmalls(f): 12:11am On Mar 25, 2018
phillippiano:
Guy,I don't dwell in hearsays, the data provided up there came from the NUC through Prof Peter Okebukola, you should at least provide another data to counter it .

Okebukola?

Is he an Afonja? grin

2 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 12:11am On Mar 25, 2018
phillippiano:

You are deceiving yourself. UI's many research works are in what fields. How many world leading and ground breaking scientific works have come from UI. I will mention three Igbo profs whose scientific works beat everything that has come out of yoruba land. Guy, be careful and stick to the topic.

10 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by phillippiano(m): 12:12am On Mar 25, 2018
Here is another data provided by the university management as at November 2017. I'm still waiting for the unn flies to come up with there data

2 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by phillippiano(m): 12:13am On Mar 25, 2018
NuclearBomber:

You are deceiving yourself. UI's many research works are in what fields. How many world leading and ground breaking scientific works have come from UI. I will mention three Igbo profs whose scientific works beat everything that has come out of yoruba land. Guy, be careful and stick to the topic.
Yeah, mention 3 Igbo profs from UNn . I'm waiting

3 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 12:14am On Mar 25, 2018
BankeSmalls:

Mynd44 cheesy
Justice for you

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 25, 2018
phillippiano:
Yeah, mention 3 Igbo profs from UNn . I'm waiting

My friend, stick to the topic. We won't allow you distract us.

7 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by phillippiano(m): 12:15am On Mar 25, 2018
dunkem21:

So what if it's ? Thank God u said ' university of London' Ibadan. Was it polytechnic of London Ibadan or monotechnic of London Ibadan? It's still a university whether of London or Paris or New york

3 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by dunkem21(m): 12:16am On Mar 25, 2018
NuclearBomber:

Never!.. Though we will still come back and finish him off with professors, awards and scholars..

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by phillippiano(m): 12:16am On Mar 25, 2018
NuclearBomber:

Lol. Name them, I'm patiently waiting.
Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by manlawal(m): 12:16am On Mar 25, 2018
NuclearBomber:

Yaba college was not a university, nor did it award degrees.
Federal school of surveying was not a university, it did not award degrees.
University college Ibadan was not a university, it did not award degrees.
UNN is the first university in Nigeria. Its name says that.
So what have you gain from that when your mates are producing problem solving gadgets around the world you are using your free mb to post rubbish. I blame buhari because you are jobless.
Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 12:16am On Mar 25, 2018
University of London, Ibadan was the first university in Nigeria.
University of Nigeria is Nigeria's first and Premier university.
University of Ibadan, Ibadan is Nigeria's second university.

Those in support say Aiyes

6 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 12:18am On Mar 25, 2018
phillippiano:
So what if it's ? Thank God u said ' university of London' Ibadan. Was it polytechnic of London Ibadan or monotechnic of London Ibadan? It's still a university whether of London or Paris or New york

But it is a foreign owned university with classrooms in Ibadan. It was not a Nigerian uni, was not run by nigerians, could not award degrees except with overseas approval, in fact it was just a block of class.

7 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 12:19am On Mar 25, 2018
dunkem21:

Yes you are corrrect actually

That was the first University in Nigeria.

Is that too bitter for you to swallow.

2 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Nobody: 12:20am On Mar 25, 2018
0monnak0da:

Yes you are corrrect actually

That was the first University in Nigeria.

Is that too bitter for you to swallow.

It is you that is swallowing it. we told you that University of London was the first uni in Nigeria. It was a foreign university that opened classrooms in Ibadan.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Jimi Agbaje And Peter Obi's Campaign Rally In Lagos (Photos) / Munira Suleiman Tanimu Remarries, Weds Abubakar Hassan Nalaraba / Nyesom Wike Visits PDP Presidential Flagbearer, Atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.