Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,126 members, 7,829,009 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. (48486 Views)

FG Can't Share Donated Funds To Nigerians - Lai Mohammed / Ooni Charges Historians On Deeper Researches About Yoruba-igbo Family Ties / President Buhari Challenges Historians, Economists To Documen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by deomelo: 12:59am On Mar 25, 2018
phillippiano:
wrong quote I guess

Wrong quote indeed. Deleted..
Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 1:01am On Mar 25, 2018
NuclearBomber:

It is you that is swallowing it. we told you that University of London was the first uni in Nigeria. It was a foreign university that opened classrooms in Ibadan.
It was not foreign you see your problem is a lack of education,

In 1948 Nigeria was BRITISH so explain how a BRITISH UNIVERSITY on BRITISH territory was FOREIGN

Even if it was FOREIGN it was still the First

I am just helping you to achieve your life ambition

A thread with many pages on Nairaland

as meaningless as it might be let me add some meaning to your life

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 1:06am On Mar 25, 2018
What about the Catholic Church does that count as a church or is it foreign
Does Union Bank count as a Bank since it used to be Barclays??>

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by lilytender: 1:15am On Mar 25, 2018
NuclearBomber:
My fellow nairalanders, since I was a kid, I read that University of Ibadan was the first University in Nigeria. Till date, at almost forty years of age, I held-on to that knowledge (lie) that the SW pioneered university education in Nigeria. Just yesterday on nairaland, I realized that this was a LIE. A thread on nairaland had shown that infact, the FIRST University in Nigeria is the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. I also learned from that thread that what the SW had was the University College Ibadan, which was a college of the University of London. A college in Ibadan (UCI) is not a university and it did not have degree awarding powers, no senate, no vice chancellor, etc. See thread link

https://www.nairaland.com/4409570/nnamdi-azikiwe-pointing-site-university

It emerged that UNN is actually the first uni in Nigeria to my greatest Surprise. Before now, all articles and history revisionists have always said UI is the first BUT the UI as we know it is actually the second not first.

My people, this is proof that Nigerian history has been twisted by Yoruba media and historians. Everyone, even educated historians mention UI as first uni in Nigeria. Why? How? This is proof that South west media and historians are lying to Nigerians.

TRUTH: The University of Nigeria (UNN) is the first university in Nigeria and the first Nigerian University. That is why it was named the University of Nigeria. The University of Ibadan should take its position of first foreign College or second uni in Nigeria. Let the truth be told Henceforth.

Why you wan commit suicide about Yoruba issue nah?

2 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by deomelo: 1:17am On Mar 25, 2018
0monnak0da:
It was not foreign you see your problem is a lack of education,

In 1948 Nigeria was BRITISH so explain how a BRITISH UNIVERSITY on BRITISH territory was FOREIGN

Even if it was FOREIGN it was still the First

I am just helping you to achiee your life ambition

A thread with many pages on Nairaland

as meaningless as it might be let me add some meaning to your life

You broke it down nicely.

Sadly, Igbos are generally ignorant and unintelligent and their logic is always upside down logic.

They are my personal comedians on NL sha

9 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 1:23am On Mar 25, 2018
Many clowns do not know there was no NIGERIAN passport in 1948 and everyone was a British subject so where the foreignness comes from is a mystery.

Buhari sat for his O levels with Cambridge any idea why

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 1:28am On Mar 25, 2018
All those people who wrote Cambridge before WAEC took over went to foreign secondary schools?

These threads always end in disgrace for you but your masochism is unremitting

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Justcash(m): 1:28am On Mar 25, 2018
University of Nigeria Nsukka was the first NIGERIAN University i.e. first university owned, operated and degree awarding NIGERIAN University.

University College Ibadan was the first University in Nigeria. It was not Nigerian, and it did not award Nigerian Qualifications.

UNN graduates had Nigerian qualifications before UCI graduates

UCI graduates held foreign qualifications before University of Ibadan was formed.

The name, UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA emerged because UNN was the first indigenous University of Nigeria. It would have been UNIVERSITY OF NSUKKA just like UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN.

There is no need for argument.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 1:32am On Mar 25, 2018
Justcash:
University of Nigeria Nsukka was the first NIGERIAN University i.e. first university owned, operated and awarded NIGERIAN Degrees.

University College Ibadan was the first University in Nigeria. It was not Nigerian, and it did not award Nigerian Qualifications.

UNN graduates had Nigerian qualifications before UCI graduates

UCI graduates held foreign qualifications before University of Ibadan was formed.

The name, UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA emerged because UNN was the first indigenous University of Nigeria. It would have been UNIVERSITY OF NSUKKA just like UNIVERSITY IF IBADAN.

There is no need for argument.
Tell us the first NIGERIAN secondary school that sat WAEC O levels and not Cambridge
If they were doing CAMBRIDGE O levels then they were not NIGERIAN according to your Eboe logic

You can make your own set of rules to achieve an EQUATION that fulfils all the criteria that would make you feel good.

The first university in Nigeria was UI

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Justcash(m): 1:40am On Mar 25, 2018
0monnak0da:
Tell us the first NIGERIAN secondary school that sat WAEC O levels and not Cambridge

You can make your own set of rules to achieve an EQUATION that fulfils all the criteria that would make you feel good.

The first university in Nigeria was UI

The identity of a University is not determined by the entry requirements. It is determined by;

1. The ownership structure
2. The type of qualification issued
3. The administrative structure
4. The regulatory structure

UCI was owned by a foreign university
UCI issued certificates from a foreign university
UCI was administered by the senate of a foreign University
UCI was regulated by the senate of a foreign university

As soon as UCI became independent from the foreign university, it was renamed University of Ibadan

UNN was owned by Nigeria
UNN issued Nigerian degrees/certificates
UNN’s senate administered the University in Nigeria
UNN was regulated in Nigeria

UNN didn’t need to detach from any foreign institution as it is fully owned and operated by Nigeria.

The first NIGERIAN UNIVERSITY was UNN

The first UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA was a foreign university administered under UCI

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 1:41am On Mar 25, 2018
We know Buhari took Cambridge O levels in 1961 so when did WAEC start conducting exams?

Those secondary schools in Nigeria before then were they FOREIGN?

2 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 1:43am On Mar 25, 2018
Justcash:

The identity of a University is not determined by the entry requirements. It is determined by;

As soon as UCI became independent from the foreign university, it was renamed University of Ibadan

UNN was owned by Nigeria
UNN was administered in Nigeria

UNN didn’t need to detach from any foreign institution as it is fully owned and operated by Nigeria.

But the First University in Nigeria was UI in 1948.

In 1948 Nigeria was British territory. in short Nigeria was Britain and we carried British passports
We went to fight their wars all over the world and so on
The question of foreignness therefore could not have arisen in 1948

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Justcash(m): 1:44am On Mar 25, 2018
0monnak0da:
We know Buhari took Cambridge O levels in 1961 so when did WAEC start conducting exams?

Those secondary schools in Nigeria before then were they FOREIGN?

Cambridge qualification is just an accepted standard. It is FOREIGN.
WAEC is West African
NECO is Nigerian

6 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 1:47am On Mar 25, 2018
Justcash:

Cambridge qualification is just an accepted standard. It is FOREIGN.
WAEC is West African
NECO is Nigerian

No it was the only game in town in 1961 ask Buhari you might be too young to know this

But before 1960 the question of foreign did not arise.

our ancestors were British ,going to fight and die in Burma and Europe WW II

5 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Justcash(m): 1:48am On Mar 25, 2018
0monnak0da:

But the First Uniersity in Nigeria was UI in 1948.

In 1948 Nigeria was British territory. in short Nigeria was Britain and we carried British passports
We went to fight their wars all over the world and so on
The question of foreignness therefore could not have arisen in 1948

There was no UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN in 1948. There was only the presence of a British University in Nigeria.

British passports were foreign. It reflected the colonial status of Nigeria. When Nigeria became independent, we obtained NIGERIAN PASSPORTS.

9 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Justcash(m): 1:52am On Mar 25, 2018
0monnak0da:

No it was the only game in town in 1961 ask Buhari you might be too young to know this

But before 1960 the question of foreign did not arise.

our ancestors were British ,going to fight and die in Burma and Europe WW II

Our Ancestors were not BRITISH. They were NIGERIANS. The passport was just a question of standards for leaving the country. They had to have valid passports to leave the country. As we were still under COLONIAL AUTHORITY, the standard identity for leaving the COLONY was the BRITISH PASSPORT.

As for your purported game, I try not to talk based on theories and suspicion.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 1:52am On Mar 25, 2018
Justcash:

There was no UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN in 1945. There was only the presence of a British University in Nigeria.

Britain passports were foreign. It reflected the colonial status of Nigeria. When Nigeria became independent, we obtained NIGERIAN PASSPORTS.
There was no Federal Republic of Nigeria in 1948

You are not telling us anything new.

The Secondary schools in NIGERIA ALL took CAMBRIDGE or University of London GCE

so that peculiarity extended to secondary schools too

By the same logic then they therefore were not Nigerian too.
Kings College Lagos,Government College Ibadan etc were all foreign

5 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 1:56am On Mar 25, 2018
Justcash:

Our Ancestors were not BRITISH. They were NIGERIANS. The passport was just a question of standards for leaving the country. They had to have valid passports to leave the country. As we were still under COLONIAL AUTHORITY, the standard identity for leaving the COLONY was the BRITISH PASSPORT.

As for your purported game, I try not to talk based on theories and suspicion.
You have a problem with English

Cambridge GCE O level was the only GAME in town and maybe University of London.

There was no WAEC.

We were a colony and so the question of foreignness could not arise we had not existed as Nigeria before colonization ,

Ou ancestors were NOT NIGERIAN

Britain created Nigeria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 2:03am On Mar 25, 2018
Justcash:

UNN was owned by Nigeria
UNN was regulated in Nigeria

The first NIGERIAN UNIVERISTY was UNN

The first UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA was a foreign university administered under UCI

I was not talking about entry requirements to any university AT ALL

I was talking about secondary schools that were created since 1900 and their identity as foreign or Nigerian since they took foreign exams maybe you don't know but Buhari did not do WAEC in 1961

You seem to have comprehension problems

4 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Justcash(m): 2:05am On Mar 25, 2018
0monnak0da:

There was no Federal Republic of Nigeria in 1948

You are not telling us anything new.

The Secondary schools in NIGERIA ALL took CAMBRIDGE or University of London GCE

so that peculiarity extended to secondary schools too

By the same logic then they therefore were not Nigerian too.
Kings College Lagos,Government College Ibadan etc were all foreign

There was no FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, but there was NIGERIA as amalgamated by Fredrick Lord Lugard.

As we were under colonial rule, the only acceptable structure was the colonial structure. The FEDERAL REPUBLIC structure only got recognised after the COLONIAL STRUCTURE was removed at INDEPENDENCE.

INDEPENDENCE means separation from COLONIAL authority.

As expected, the COLONIAL authority enforced foreign standards in NIGERIA’s educational system. The Cambridge and London Qualifications that you mentioned were the accepted educational qualifications.

THOSE QUALIFICATIONS WERE BRITISH AND FOREIGN. THEY WERE NOT NIGERIAN.

THE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE IBADAN was administered under the same theory. THE BRITISH ESTABLISHED THEIR UNIVERSITY IN IBADAN to establish the first UNIVERISTY IN NIGERIA.

The BRITISH UNIVERSITY WAS IN IBADAN, NIGERIA. It was a FOREIGN UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA. All its standards and qualifications were FOREIGN.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 2:09am On Mar 25, 2018
Justcash:

There was no FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA, but there was NIGERIA as amalgamated by Fredrick Lord Lugard.

As we were under colonial rule, the only acceptable structure was the colonial structure. The FEDERAL REPUBLIC structure only got recognised after the COLONIAL STRUCTURE was removed at INDEPENDENCE.

INDEPENDENCE means separation from COLONIAL authority.

As expected, the COLONIAL authority enforced foreign standards in NIGERIA’s educational system. The Cambridge and London Qualifications that you mentioned were the accepted educational qualifications.

THOSE QUALIFICATIONS WERE BRITISH AND FOREIGN. THEY WERE NOT NIGERIAN.

THE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE IBADAN was administered under the same theory. THE BRITISH ESTABLISHED THEIR UNIVERSITY IN IBADAN to establish the first UNIVERISTY IN NIGERIA.

The BRITISH UNIVERSITY WAS IN IBADAN, NIGERIA. It was a FOREIGN UNIVERSITY IN NIGERIA. All its standards and qualifications were FOREIGN.

So all those secondary schools doing Cambriddge GCE were Foreign

2 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Ikechuob: 2:10am On Mar 25, 2018
NuclearBomber:
My fellow nairalanders, since I was a kid, I read that University of Ibadan was the first University in Nigeria. Till date, at almost forty years of age, I held-on to that knowledge (lie) that the SW pioneered university education in Nigeria. Just yesterday on nairaland, I realized that this was a LIE. A thread on nairaland had shown that infact, the FIRST University in Nigeria is the University of Nigeria, Nsukka. I also learned from that thread that what the SW had was the University College Ibadan, which was a college of the University of London. A college in Ibadan (UCI) is not a university and it did not have degree awarding powers, no senate, no vice chancellor, etc. See thread link

https://www.nairaland.com/4409570/nnamdi-azikiwe-pointing-site-university

It emerged that UNN is actually the first uni in Nigeria to my greatest Surprise. Before now, all articles and history revisionists have always said UI is the first BUT the UI as we know it is actually the second not first.

My people, this is proof that Nigerian history has been twisted by Yoruba media and historians. Everyone, even educated historians mention UI as first uni in Nigeria. Why? How? This is proof that South west media and historians are lying to Nigerians.

TRUTH: The University of Nigeria (UNN) is the first university in Nigeria and the first Nigerian University. That is why it was named the University of Nigeria. The University of Ibadan should take its position of first foreign College or second uni in Nigeria. Let the truth be told Henceforth.

Is it today you learned everything from Yoruba is a damn lie. Nigga I'm 26 years old and even I know to take everything from Afonja with a grain of salt. If you truly older than 40 and you're just learning this then brother I pity you. You woke up late.
You should know by now that anything written by an Afonja throw that shit in a garbage until a non yoruba confirms what the Afonja wrote.

5 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by CSTR2: 2:10am On Mar 25, 2018
Why would somebody still keep repeating the fallacy that UI is Nigeria's first university.

Is illiteracy a curse?

4 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Justcash(m): 2:13am On Mar 25, 2018
0monnak0da:
You have a problem with English

Cambridge GCE O level was the only GAME in town and maybe University of London.

There was no WAEC.

We were a colony and so the question of foreignness could not arise we had not existed as Nigeria before colonization ,

Ou ancestors were NOT NIGERIAN

Britain created Nigeria

Yes, there was no WAEC, there were only FOREIGN QUALIFICATIONS at that time.

Nigeria was established as a combination of the indigenes of the territories that was controlled by the colonial authority.

You are right, NIGERIA IS A BRITISH CREATION.

NIGERIANS ARE THE ORIGINAL OWNERS OF THE BRITISH ESTABLISHMENT; NIGERIA.

THESE ORIGINAL OWNERS WERE SUBJECTED TO FOREING STANDARDS IN EDUCATION hence the cambridge and London qualifications.

THESE ORIGINAL OWNERS OBTAINED COLONIAL AUTHORITY IN THE FORM OF BRITISH PASSPORTS TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL OUT OF THEIR LAND.

THE FIRST UNIVERSITY BROUGHT IN BY THE COLONIAL AUTHORITY FOR THE ORIGINAL OWNERS OF NIGERIA WAS A FOREIGN UNIVERSITY IN IBADAN

THE FIRST UNIVERSITY ESTABLISHED BY THESE ORIGINAL OWNERS WAS UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA.

4 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Justcash(m): 2:15am On Mar 25, 2018
CSTR2:
Why would somebody still keep repeating the fallacy that UI is Nigeria's first university.

Is illiteracy a curse?

Historically, UCI (now UI) was indeed Nigeria’s first University. It is just a foreign university.

UNN is the first NIGERIAN University.

5 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 2:15am On Mar 25, 2018
Justcash:

Yes, there was no WAEC, there were only FOREIGN QUALIFICATIONS at that time.

Nigeria was established as a combination of the indigenes of the territories that was controlled by the colonial authority.

You are right, NIGERIA IS A BRITISH CREATION.

NIGERIANS ARE THE ORIGINAL OWNERS OF THE BRITISH ESTABLISHMENT; NIGERIA.

THESE ORIGINAL OWNERS WERE SUBJECTED TO FOREING STANDARDS IN EDUCATION hence the cambridge and London qualifications.

THESE ORIGINAL OWNERS OBTAINED COLONIAL AUTHORITY IN THE FORM OF BRITISH PASSPORTS TO BE ABLE TO TRAVEL OUT OF THEIR LAND.

THE FIRST UNIVERSITY BROUGHT IN BY THE COLONIAL AUTHORITY FOR THE ORIGINAL OWNERS OF NIGERIA WAS A FOREIGN UNIVERSITY IN IBADAN

THE FIRST UNIVERSITY ESTABLISHED BY THESE ORIGINAL OWNERS WAS UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA.

The first University in Nigeria was UI
Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 2:20am On Mar 25, 2018
Justcash:

UI is indeed Nigeria’s first University. It is just a foreign university.

UNN is the first NIGERIAN University.

UI is not foreign . Your English is atrocious I am afraid . It is 100% Nigerian. Nigeria is a creation of Britain that initially was part of Britain fro day one .

The question of foreignness does not arise.
Nigeria WAS British

2 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Justcash(m): 2:20am On Mar 25, 2018
0monnak0da:

So all those secondary schools doing Cambriddge GCE were Foreign

Any school can decide on the standards to adhere to.

The schools may be Nigerian but the Cambridge Qualification is Foreign

UCI was not a NIGERIAN establishment at all. It was ESTABLISHED BY FOREIGNERS AND RUN BY FOREIGNERS. The qualifications were foreign too. So, it wasn’t Nigerian.

If UNN decided to issue a qualification from a BRISTISH UNIVERISTY, it would still be NIGERIAN because the decision would have been made by the University’s senate in Nigeria, not Britain.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by Justcash(m): 2:23am On Mar 25, 2018
0monnak0da:

UI is not foreign . Your Englishis atrocious I a afraid . It is 100% Nigerian. Nigeria is a creation of Britain that initially was part of Britain fro day one .

The question of foreignness does not arise.
Nigeria WAS British

Sorry for that. I meant to write UCI.

As for my English, I have checked and couldn’t find any problem with it. I suggest you check your level of comprehension.

Nigerians were not BRITISH. The colonial authority was Britain. They determined all the standards that Nigerians had to adhere to.

5 Likes

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 2:26am On Mar 25, 2018
Justcash:

Any school can decide on the standards to adhere to.

The schools may be Nigerian but the Cambridge Qualification is Foreign

UCI was not a NIGERIAN establishment at all. It was ESTABLISHED BY FOREIGNERS AND RUN BY FOREIGNERS. The qualifications were foreign too. So, it wasn’t Nigerian.

If UNN decided to issues a qualification from a BRISTISH UNIVERISTY, it would still be NIGERIAN because the decision would have been made by the senate did the University in Nigeria, not Britain.

This is not about deciding standards.

THE ONLY GCE options for pupils until WAEC was created was UK GCE from one of the main Universities in exactly the same way as UCL Ibadan was issuing UL degrees. Secondary schools in Nigeria had no choice,

You have asserted that UCL was foreign because its degree was British

My question was

were seconndary schools in Nigeria that did Cambridge foreign too??

1 Like

Re: South West Historians LYING To Nigerians. by 0monnak0da: 2:29am On Mar 25, 2018
Justcash:

Sorry for that. I meant to write UCI.

As for my English, I have checked and couldn’t find any problem with it. I suggest you check your level of comprehension.

Nigerians were not BRITISH. The colonial authority was Britain. They determined all the standards that Nigerians had to adhere to.
By law Nigerians were British Protected Persons and Nigeria was British Territory

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Abisola Kola Daisi Wears N600k Louboutin Heels (Photos) / Monica Ambrose For Nigerian President In 2019 (Photos) / Bukola Saraki Wins His Polling Unit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.