Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew (31028 Views)

Who Will Marry The Beautiful Nigerian Women In The UK? / Buchi Solomon To His Fiance: "You're Not The Most Beautiful Woman" / Four Brothers Marry The Same Day In Delta, 2 Marry Two Wives Each. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by Delivar(m): 8:57pm On Mar 25, 2018
ameri9ja:

I disagree. You can be attracted to and love someone himself, the essence of that person.
I just find it annoying and uncomfortable knowing a girl is into me just because of some attribute like wealth and not because of me.
Before I give further response I would like you to explain the part in bold a bit.
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by ameri9ja: 9:00pm On Mar 25, 2018
Delivar:

Before I give further response I would like you to explain the part in bold a bit.

Ever heard of love at first sight. Now imagine that happening to a blind person.
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 25, 2018
ameri9ja:

It is the obvious hypocrisy that's so annoying to me. U say u love me, when I KNOW what it is u love.
I just find it annoying and uncomfortable knowing a girl is into me just because of some attribute like wealth and not because of me.

Haven't you been into a girl, just for her physical attributes? Both genders are guilty. Stop playing the victim. And p.s there is nothing like love. That thing doesn't exist. Get over it.
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by Nobody: 9:58pm On Mar 25, 2018
ameri9ja:

Ever heard of love at first sight.

Guy you are a big fat scam. I bet you are a broke nigga, who can't boast of a one square meal.
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by Delivar(m): 10:04pm On Mar 25, 2018
ameri9ja:

Ever heard of love at first sight. Now imagine that happening to a blind person.
I still don't get what you are driving at. I know there are ladies you ain't attracted to cos they LACK things you desire from ladies. On the other hand there are ladies you are attracted to because they HAVE attributes you desire from ladies. These attributes you desire from ladies are exactly what generates the feeling of love you will have for a lady. Without these attributes there is no way you will fall in love with a lady. These attributes you cherish in ladies becomes the REASON why you will want a lady or not.

A human without any characteristics is simply non existent. So expecting a lady to fall in love with you without your features coming into play is like expecting her to fall in love with someone she hasn't seen or heard from. It's not possible. Something must make her fall in love.
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by revontuli(f): 12:53am On Mar 26, 2018
Rich meet only the other rich in their social circles. How many rich people have you ever met in your lifetime, excluding your big bosses?
Where do the rich people ever meet and mingle with not-so-rich? There is a massive class divide even in wealthy countries like the USA and Germany, let alone the poor countries where the wall between the rich and the rest of the society reaches the moon.
The economic Apartheid is real. People like you and I get to see the super rich only from a distance, if at all.

1 Like

Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by Nobody: 1:37am On Mar 26, 2018
marvin906:

you could have just hired a bill board to advertise yourself.. I won't be surprised if obj is more handsome than you

Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by akbahbah(m): 2:18am On Mar 26, 2018
MRPOSSIBLE11:
A few days ago, Fatima Dangote and Abubakar Jamil got married. The bride is the daughter of Africa’s richest man, Aliko Dangote, while the groom is a pilot and the son of former Inspector-General of police, Mohammed Abubakar.

The wedding was attended by those who matter around the world including Bill Gates.

I have seen lots of analysis from social media commentators about how unrealistic the Nigerian movie industry has portrayed love being void of class; of how a wealthy man will go to the village and pick a local girl for marriage.

Does the rich always marry the rich?

Here’s it:
Firstly, we have to understand that attraction happens in the midst of many similarities. You’re more probable to get attracted to someone who has something in common with you.

But, sometimes it won’t be money. It could be some other virtues. That’s why if you’re broke, it’s advisable you have any of these qualities.

Intelligence And Talent.
Physical Beauty.
Financial Capacity.
If you lack financial capacity, do well to be equipped intellectually. If you lack the both, well, make sure you are handsome. All three abilities are the major pillars of attraction.

The reason a lot of rich people don’t marry someone ‘poor’ folks isn’t always because they are ‘poor’, but because they have nothing exceptional. Yes.

In fact, I think it doesn’t take much of financial capacity to impress a rich person because they have it; they might not be in the relentless pursuit of anyone’s financial ability.

They just want exceptionality. Confidence.

One reason we all should discover our peculiarity and build on it, not just to attract our customers, but also as a social advantage too, because the more developed you are, the more you’re attractiveness goes high.

Recently as I have been learning how to play the guitar, I do carry it around most times, and I’ve had like four strangers strike a conversation with me because they saw me with a guitar and assumed I could play.

Every ability gives a social advantage and prestige.

You are broke. Fine.
What can you do well?

Money isn’t only the socially prestigious tool of attraction.

I’m not downplaying financial class, but if you find yourself in a meeting with Bill Gates’ daughter, or a renowned and wealthy man’s daughter, will you stay all cold because you ain’t as rich as they are?

We all have our area of wealth.

I have seen very much wealthy ladies date very broke exceptional men just because they were different, and yes, talented. They met them and immediately observed something exceptional about them.

See, the problem is not that Bill Gates’ daughter cannot love you, but how to attract her. Attraction precedes love. Human love doesn’t sprout from anywhere.

Can one be proud of you publicly?

This is one way to ascertain your level of personal development.
Fine, we are broke. Though I am also broke, I think some rich girls do admire me. ��

Influential and wealthy people don’t just want wealthy people too, they can build you up financially, they want someone who can rep. You can do stuff, talk, write, sing, just doing some exceptionally and with a standard.

Don’t be broke and lack everything else. If you talk to me you won’t even recognise I’m broke because my exceptional mind will captivate you for so long. Lol. People don’t want to look at you and see all the flaws. Have something that can shine away from your weaknesses.

You cannot be broke in the pocket.
Broke in your mind.
Also, be broke in your head.
Broke in your face.
And Finally be broke in your body.
Hian!

CONCLUSION
Finally, stop dreaming to marry a rich person. Just be a rich person.

Source: https://mbasic.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1398108350293522&id=100002831124159&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.1398108350293522%3Atl_objid.1398108350293522%3Athrowback_story_fbid.1398108350293522%3Athid.100002831124159%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1522565999%3A-3593846017630868646&__tn__=%2As-R

You make sense. infact you make brain bro.
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by marvin906(m): 6:03am On Mar 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

I just find it very annoying. I wish the hypocrisy were not so obvious to me.

o boy e don do...
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by SaintChukz(m): 9:23am On Mar 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

Is that so?! He plagiarised the article?! MRPOSSIBLE11 u should be ashamed of yourself. We must report him to Lalasticlala and seun. Plagiarists are common thieves.

Yes...he is a shameful plagiarist. The original owner of this article is a friend of mine on Facebook who goes by the name 'Solomon Buchi Bartholomew'. He is a motivational speaker and relationship coach.
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by SaintChukz(m): 9:30am On Mar 26, 2018
Buchi95:
You're a thief! You Plagiarised my work from Facebook. Took to your blog and posted her. You're a big thief. Don't bother. Your blog will go down.

Buchi...don't worry about it. We have reported this matter to the Nairaland high council that oversees such matters.
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by ImaIma1(f): 10:11am On Mar 26, 2018
Insightful writeup.

Not everyone will take it though. A lot of people have a broke mentality. That is hard to lose.
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by ameri9ja: 11:14am On Mar 26, 2018
JamaicanLove:

Haven't you been into a girl, just for her physical attributes? Both genders are guilty. Stop playing the victim. And p.s there is nothing like love. That thing doesn't exist. Get over it.

There is nothing like love? Tell that to a mom who would give her life for her ugly disabled child. That's the kind of love I crave and want.
That's the only thing that can fill the void I feel. That's the burden that's been placed me.
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by ameri9ja: 11:16am On Mar 26, 2018
Delivar:

I still don't get what you are driving at. I know there are ladies you ain't attracted to cos they LACK things you desire from ladies. On the other hand there are ladies you are attracted to because they HAVE attributes you desire from ladies. These attributes you desire from ladies are exactly what generates the feeling of love you will have for a lady. Without these attributes there is no way you will fall in love with a lady. These attributes you cherish in ladies becomes the REASON why you will want a lady or not.

A human without any characteristics is simply non existent. So expecting a lady to fall in love with you without your features coming into play is like expecting her to fall in love with someone she hasn't seen or heard from. It's not possible. Something must make her fall in love.

YOU ARE SO WRONG!
Tell this to a mom who would give her life for her ugly, disabled child. It may be unrealistic, but that's the kind of love I crave and want.
That's the only thing that can fill the void I feel. That's the burden that's been placed me.
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by ameri9ja: 11:20am On Mar 26, 2018
SaintChukz:

Yes...he is a shameful plagiarist. The original owner of this article is a friend of mine on Facebook who goes by the name 'Solomon Buchi Bartholomew'. He is a motivational speaker and relationship coach.

Mr. Lalasticlala please take note, MRPOSSIBLE11 is a plagiarist.

MRPOSSIBLE11 is a common THIEF!
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by ameri9ja: 11:22am On Mar 26, 2018
marvin906:

o boy e don do...

Why e don do? I can talk about this till eternity if I wish. Your job is to mind your own business.
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by ameri9ja: 11:24am On Mar 26, 2018
JamaicanLove:

Guy you are a big fat scam. I bet you are a broke nigga, who can't boast of a one square meal.

People think everyone is like them. There are people who are actually who they say they are.
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by ameri9ja: 11:29am On Mar 26, 2018
revontuli:
Rich meet only the other rich in their social circles. How many rich people have you ever met in your lifetime, excluding your big bosses?
Where do the rich people ever meet and mingle with not-so-rich? There is a massive class divide even in wealthy countries like the USA and Germany, let alone the poor countries where the wall between the rich and the rest of the society reaches the moon.
The economic Apartheid is real. People like you and I get to see the super rich only from a distance, if at all.

NONSENSE. I can VERY EASILY marry some girl. It would be much easier than trying to marry a fellow rich. But what would be the point?
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by marvin906(m): 11:38am On Mar 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

Why e don do? I can talk about this till eternity if I wish. Your job is to mind your own business.

ok now get lost

Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by ameri9ja: 11:45am On Mar 26, 2018
marvin906:

ok now get lost

It is u that should get lost. Get a life. Stop putting your nose into other people's biz.
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by MissRaine69(f): 11:47am On Mar 26, 2018
In a nutshell yes
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by Nobody: 2:18pm On Mar 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

There is nothing like love? Tell that to a mom who would give her life for her ugly disabled child. That's the kind of love I crave and want.

You saying I'm a scam, isn't it? Not your fault though. Maybe the little money that you've got, has gotten into your head. You need help sir.
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by ameri9ja: 2:54pm On Mar 26, 2018
JamaicanLove:

You saying I'm a scam, isn't it? Not your fault though. Maybe the little money that you've got, has gotten into your head. You need help sir.

Never said u r a scam. Don't even care if u r. I'm only intereseted in my own therapy and expressing myself.
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

Never said u r a scam. Don't even care if u r. I'm only intereseted in my own therapy and expressing myself.

Whatever rocks your boat dreamer...
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by Delivar(m): 3:33pm On Mar 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

YOU ARE SO WRONG!
Tell this to a mom who would give her life for her ugly, disabled child. It may be unrealistic, but that's the kind of love I crave and want.
Concerning a mother loving and caring for her ugly and disable child. That is obviously because IT IS THE CHILD SHE GAVE BIRTH TO. That attribute of being her child is the REASON why she loves the child inspite of the handicap. Now do you think another woman who is not the kid's mother will love the kid the same way? Absolutely not!! And that's because the REASON has been removed. This should tell you there is no love without a reason for loving. For love to happen there MUST be a reason to love someone either because you are tall, handsome, rich, caring, intelligent etc.

I hope you still remember what we debating about? We are debating whether or not someone can love you without your characteristics being behind it.
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by ameri9ja: 4:10pm On Mar 26, 2018
Delivar:

Concerning a mother loving and caring for her ugly and disable child. That is obviously because IT IS THE CHILD SHE GAVE BIRTH TO. That attribute of being her child is the REASON why she loves the child inspite of the handicap. Now do you think another woman who is not the kid's mother will love the kid the same way? Absolutely not!! And that's because the REASON has been removed. This should tell you there is no love without a reason for loving. For love to happen there MUST be a reason to love someone either because you are tall, handsome, rich, caring, intelligent etc.

I hope you still remember what we debating about? We are debating whether or not someone can love you without your characteristics being behind it.

Let me first commend the matured and level-headed way you present your points, without name-calling or ad hominem attacks (a lesson for JamaicanLove).
The flaw in your argument is that you forget love is a choice. And that's a common falacy. You can choose to love someone/something for absolutely no other reason than that you choose to love them. l may choose to love an average flower, and water it everyday, and take care of it. That's different from loving it because it is exceptionally pretty or has the longest stem, etc.
In the first instance u love the flower for itself. In the second instance u love the flower because it is pretty, etc.
In the first instance a connection is made at a very deep level that has nothing to do with ownership or anything material.
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by Delivar(m): 4:49pm On Mar 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

Let me first commend the matured and level-headed way you present your points, without name-calling or ad hominem attacks (a lesson for JamaicanLove).
The flaw in your argument is that you forget love is a choice. And that's a common falacy. You can choose to love someone/something for absolutely no other reason than that you choose to love them. l may choose to love an average flower, and water it everyday, and take care of it. That's different from loving it because it is exceptionally pretty or has the longest stem, etc.
In the first instance u love the flower for itself. In the second instance u love the flower because it is pretty, etc.
You don't choose to love something. If you choose to love something then it is NOT love. Love is something that happens involuntarily just like your heartbeat. It's a strong impulse and not something to choose at will. If you want a girl to love you the way you described choosing a flower without any strong appreciation and desire of it's features then prepare to be dumped within days of her agreeing to date you.

Have you ever gone to a clothing store and blindly start CHOOSING any clothe you see? Of course you will take your time to select the ones you love based on the FEATURES they have like colour, texture, design etc. It is the FEATURES that makes you love them. If you want a girl to love you for WHAT YOU ARE. Your FEATURES are what makes you WHAT YOU ARE.
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by ameri9ja: 5:34pm On Mar 26, 2018
Delivar:

You don't choose to love something. If you choose to love something then it is NOT love. Love is something that happens involuntarily just like your heartbeat. It's a strong impulse and not something to choose at will. If you want a girl to love you the way you described choosing a flower without any strong appreciation and desire of it's features then prepare to be dumped within days of her agreeing to date you.

Have you ever gone to a clothing store and blindly start CHOOSING any clothe you see? Of course you will take your time to select the ones you love based on the FEATURES they have like colour, texture, design etc. It is the FEATURES that makes you love them. If you want a girl to love you for WHAT YOU ARE. Your FEATURES are what makes you WHAT YOU ARE.

At a visceral level, love is a CHOICE. It may not always be a conscious choice, but it is a choice.
Your last statement shows me the source of the cofusion: I DON'T want a girl to love me for what I am, I want a girl to love me for me. There are so many ways to illustrate this. You may choose, say, a cow that's no different from other cows, give it a name and care about that cow, and always look out for it. You love it for no other reason than that it is THAT cow. Same way, you can love me because I am ME. If someone else is brought with the same exact attributes as me, you won't love them because they are not ME.
Now you understand, I am sure.
You have lost the argument.
Know when to quit.
Nice try though.
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by Nobody: 6:08pm On Mar 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

In the first instance a connection is made at a very deep level that has nothing to do with ownership or anything material.

What's my offence now? Pls leave me alone. I beg u
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by Delivar(m): 6:21pm On Mar 26, 2018
ameri9ja:

At a visceral level, love is a CHOICE. It may not always be a conscious choice, but it is a choice.
Your last statement shows me the source of the cofusion: I DON'T want a girl to love me for what I am, I want a girl to love me for me. There are so many ways to illustrate this. You may choose, say, a cow that's no different from other cows, give it a name and care about that cow, and always look out for it. You love it for no other reason than that it is THAT cow. Same way, you can love me because I am ME. If someone else is brought with the same exact attributes as me, you won't love them because they are not ME.
Now you understand, I am sure.
You have lost the argument.
Know when to quit.
Nice try though.
When someone loves you because "You are you" (I am ME) it's still the same as loving you for WHAT YOU ARE because ME is a word that defines you and your characteristics that represents what you are.

Now what makes it possible for someone to love you and not love someone else with the same characteristics? Don't you think it's because no two persons on the planet are exactly alike and sharing the same characteristics? If someone loves you and not someone else who shares similar characteristics then it means there is a feature you have that your lookalike does not have. And this is proof that your FEATURES are what actually make people to love you and not just for nothing sake.
Re: Does The Rich Always Marry The Rich? - Solomon Buchi Bartholomew by ameri9ja: 6:45pm On Mar 26, 2018
Delivar:

When someone loves you because "You are you" (I am ME) it's still the same as loving you for WHAT YOU ARE because ME is a word that defines you and your characteristics that represents what you are.

Now what makes it possible for someone to love you and not love someone else with the same characteristics? Don't you think it's because no two persons on the planet are exactly alike and sharing the same characteristics? If someone loves you and not someone else who shares similar characteristics then it means there is a feature you have that your lookalike does not have. And this is proof that your FEATURES are what actually make people to love you and not just for nothing sake.

I'm sure u know you've lost the argunent.
You love that person because that is the person you have CHOSEN to love. It has nothing to do with attributes. Otherwise you'd transfer your love when someone with same attributes but better comes along. You won't love the person with better attributes though they are better in every way because that is not the person you chose. You can think of it in terms of fans of constantly uder-performing teams who never win anything. They still stay fans and still love the team. They won't change and become fans of the team that always wins. The connection is beyond the material.
You can also think in terms of someone replacing your daughter with an exact clone of your daughter. You won't love her because that's not her.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Proposes To Girlfriend Inside The Church After Service (Pics, Video) / 7 Categories Of Young Ladies Around A Single Guy. / Help! My Parents Want Me To Marry Someone I Don't Like.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.