Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,878 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US (61930 Views)

Leave The US If You Are Not Happy - Trump To Congresswomen Of Foreign Descent / Thousands Of Liberians Protest Against Massive Corruption And Increasing Poverty / Trump Gives Reason Why Fired Rex Tillerson After His Nigeria Visit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 29, 2018
Kophschmerzen:

Come get me out, you swine.
lol go and fvck some kardashians and stop behaving like a slowpoke all over the place wink
Re: Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US by AFONJAPIG(m): 9:02pm On Mar 29, 2018
Carlyboi:
rickety brown roof cave whatever that means!lol!your replies reek of mediocrity and savagery inotherwords you are a childish and pitiful mgbeke!i am sure exchanging words with me has been the high point of your day!i am glad you are finally happy!so stop being a troll cos you are finally famous and no more cheap promotion from me!so takecare afonja slave oh sorry afonja Pig is it lol?
hehehehe hopeless worm infested ass licking demon, I've come to realise that the Igbos are great threat to yorubas, Igbos are Landlords to Yoruba's in many parts of lagos, is either you live as our tenants or you vacate Lagos for us,
Take away our Lagos Take away Lagos and yoruba land is doomed!! If Lagos belongs to the Yoruba's then let them come and Chase the Igbos away.. Its very simple. How can someone sit in ur house and tell U that Its not yours and U keep quiet.
It means U are a Coward.
Re: Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US by Eagba(m): 9:09pm On Mar 29, 2018
dasparrow:

You need to take several seats. You are talking about the Japanese making their country great. Would the Japanese have been capable of making their country great if their government had not put certain basic amenities in place? Why have those of you back home, over 160 million people not made Nigeria great already?

Many of you vote in leaders with no foresight all because said leaders are from your tribe or because you benefit from them monetarily. Yet, some of you have the nerve to ask the small percentage of people living outside Nigeria to make Nigeria great again when you folks back home spend more time celebrating the same corrupt leaders that have placed you all in a constant state of penury.

If the Japanese government did not play its vital part in providing a conducive environment for its citizens to thrive in, do you think Japanese citizens will be able to play their part in making their country the kind of country it is today?

Why should people living overseas care about making Nigeria great when those of you in Nigeria embrace nepotism, tribalism, chauvinism, radical religious sentiments, blatant corruption, selfishness, greed and all other social vices over merit?

Stop trying to compare Japan to Nigeria because the Japanese government has and continues to play its part in making sure Japan remains a developed nation while Nigerian leaders give public holiday all because Buhari is visiting their state.

If those of you back home cannot turn that mess of a country called Nigeria around, then neither can the small percentage of Nigerians living outside the country.

Nigerians do not want progress. The proof is in the pudding.
migrant i feel your pain

1 Like

Re: Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US by Eagba(m): 9:36pm On Mar 29, 2018
[quote author=dasparrow post=66249552]

And I hope you know America was built on the back of slaves? But then again, I don't expect you to know since you stay on Nairaland sucking the sweaty balls of the white man rather than picking up a book to read and educate yourself. It is no wonder you suffer from such inferiority complex.

If the Europeans were stopped from migrating en Masse to America back in the day when Europe was a shithole continent, do you think there will be white Americans today?

Do you know how many Americans, Canadians, Europeans are migrating to South and Central America and the Carribbean countries each day? Of course you wouldn't know because. I said america is great because white settled there. Even if they rode on the back of black slave to do that, Doesn' counter my point on the fact that america is great because white settled there. Sorry if i don't give credit to the blacks.
I don't worship the white man i just like being honest. African american are among the minority in america but they dominate the prison, poverty,unemployment, social welfare program population by percentage.
No company of black origin and dominance is quoted in the new york stock exchange. Bro i ain't giving the blacks credit cos, they're never good examples to emulate.
As for we blacks, until we tell ourselves the truth that for now we're the scum of the earth, we're not ready to rise. We lack leaders with good idealogy and vision. We can rule the earth and guy what you called white is actually pig skin.
Re: Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US by Carlyboi(m): 9:49pm On Mar 29, 2018
[quote author=AFONJAPIG post=66270975] hehehehe hopeless worm infested ass licking demon, I've come to realise that the Igbos are great threat to yorubas, Igbos are Landlords to Yoruba's in many parts of lagos, is either you live as our tenants or you vacate Lagos for us,
I thought as much you trolling me around like a lost dog on nairaland shows how employed you are!incoherent!hallucinating,dyslexic bitch who even cares bout lagos so much anyways that i will lose sleep over some igbos killing thmselves over owning properties in lagos and btw those igbos owning properties in lagos arent cheapskates like you!tell me one city in nigeria that yorubas form about 20% of their population without owning properties there it shows how stupid you are...like hausas,fulanis,ans from the middle belt delta and edo dont have properties in lagos..
Re: Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US by Kophschmerzen: 9:50pm On Mar 29, 2018
[quote author=Eagba post=66271767][/quote]

F**k you, you self loathing and low self-esteem POS.
Re: Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US by Eagba(m): 10:04pm On Mar 29, 2018
Kophschmerzen:

F**k you, you self loathing and low self-esteem POS.
your words are actually a reflection of who you are.
Re: Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US by AFONJAPIG(m): 10:32pm On Mar 29, 2018
[quote author=Carlyboi post=66272100][/quote] lol "An Igbo man sees the entire world as his village, while an Hausa man sees Kano as the Universe and a Yoruba man sees Lagos as his entire world. Nigeria is just too small to contain the Igbo man’s dreams, aspirations, industry, commerce and expertise. He needs a platform to rule and dominate the entire Universe which is Biafra.... hehehe Yoruba are cowards average Yoruba man can never live outside his territory, Igbo's are competitive, what made u the best is when u leave ur locally, go far away from home and conquer... The Yoruba man has no sense of self determination. It takes a brave person/people to seek independence. Igbos have never been shy of this.
But a natural coward who is afraid to stand on their own will go and hide in the comfort zone of 'one Nigeria' so as not to expose the fact that they are afraid of independence and what it entails, like Yorubas have done.
Re: Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US by ohem007(m): 12:13am On Mar 30, 2018
Ojuororun:
NDLEA OFFICER..,...

jesu!!!!!!!.....

Oga i did not say anything o...

It is the small grass that i took that is disturbing me....

Even when i was typing it my body was not there.... My mind was the only tin receiving it...

Oga NDLEA....joor

my wife just born

2 Likes

Re: Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US by Origin(f): 8:39am On Mar 30, 2018
Good.

When you are forced to build your nation.....

Knowing you are just a visitor and can overstay your welcome at anytime....

Andrew no check out o (singing)
Re: Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US by letu(m): 11:26am On Mar 30, 2018
happney65:
US President Donald Trump decided Tuesday to end the protected status of thousands of Liberian migrants to the United States and gave them a year to leave the country.

It’s the latest of similar moves, after more than 250,000 Salvadorans, Haitians and Nicaraguans lost their protected status under an administration which has made cracking down on immigration a priority.

In 1991, when the West African country was in the grip of civil war, some Liberians living in the US were given “temporary protected status” to allow them to remain in safety.

Then in 1999 approximately 10,000 of them were made eligible for “deferred enforced departure,” or DED, by then-president Bill Clinton, allowing them to continue to build new lives.

Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama have periodically renewed the DED status, but Trump has now decided to allow it to expire, deeming Liberia safe for returnees.

Trump has taken a tough stance on immigration in general and, in reported private conversations, an even tougher stance on Africans from what he has reportedly deemed “shithole countries.”

The latest grace period expires on March 31, but Trump said in a letter to the Department of Homeland Security that he would accord the Liberians a 12-month “wind-down” period to prepare their departure.

“Through consultation with appropriate executive departments and agencies and my advisors, I have been informed that conditions in Liberia have improved,” Trump wrote.

“Liberia is no longer experiencing armed conflict and has made significant progress in restoring stability and democratic governance,” he argued.

Trump admitted that the 2014 outbreak of the Ebola virus in West Africa had brought “tragic loss of life and economic damage” to Liberia, one of the world’s poorest countries after years of civil war.

But he declared himself satisfied with Liberia’s progress in tackling the disease.

It is not clear how many of the original 10,000 DED recipients may have died, moved on voluntarily or been granted another form of legal US residency — but the rest face an uncertain future.

Opponents of Trump’s move warned it would uproot many who had made new and productive lives for themselves in the United States.

Minnesota Senator Amy Klobuchar, a Democrat, noted on Twitter that, thanks to the previous presidents’ DED extensions, the Liberians had been living in the United States legally since 1992.

“Many work in Minnesota hospitals and nursing homes,” she wrote. “I won’t give up this fight. We have a year.”

http://saharareporters.com/2018/03/28/trump-gives-liberians-one-year-leave-us

Every one should try and remember the old Yugoslavia civil war and other East European countries crisis during the cold war era many citizens from this places where given the same protection given to the people of Liberia my question now is if this is true when will the president Trump send them back home for them to be able to contribute to the development of their respective country or maybe he won't because the are white.
Re: Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US by Lucasbalo(m): 4:32pm On Mar 30, 2018
letu:
Every one should try and remember the old Yugoslavia civil war and other East European countries crisis during the cold war era many citizens from this places where given the same protection given to the people of Liberia my question now is if this is true when will the president Trump send them back home for them to be able to contribute to the development of their respective country or maybe he won't because the are white.
Trump is a president for white people only. He doesn't give a damn about Blacks or Hispanics in America but the fools here on nairaland don't know that. All they want Trump to do for them is give them their independence but Trampy think of people like them as subhuman living in a shiiithole.

2 Likes

Re: Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US by Ojuororun(m): 9:15pm On Mar 31, 2018
ohem007:

jesu!!!!!!!.....

Oga i did not say anything o...

It is the small grass that i took that is disturbing me....

Even when i was typing it my body was not there.... My mind was the only tin receiving it...

Oga NDLEA....joor

my wife just born
GUY YOU FUNNY O, grin grin grin grin SMALL GRASS ABI ? grin grin grin LIKE HOW MANY STICK OF GRASS DID YOU TAKE ? IS IT 3,4 OR 5? PLS TELL ME B4 I TAKE ACTION ON YOU.smileysad

1 Like

Re: Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US by ohem007(m): 2:22am On Apr 03, 2018
Ojuororun:
GUY YOU FUNNY O, grin grin grin grin SMALL GRASS ABI ? grin grin grin LIKE HOW MANY STICK OF GRASS DID YOU TAKE ? IS IT 3,4 OR 5? PLS TELL ME B4 I TAKE ACTION ON YOU.smileysad

He be like say na 6...

I can't fit rememba

1 Like

Re: Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US by Ojuororun(m): 7:41am On Apr 03, 2018
ohem007:

He be like say na 6...

I can't fit rememba
do you realize that the ministry of health have worn you that smokers are liable to die young, (meaning your life is at risk when smoking) ,and you know that your wife just give birth . ...are you now ready to stop smoking or you limit it from 6 sticks daily to 2 sticks? smiley so that you can live long and last. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US by ohem007(m): 11:09am On Apr 03, 2018
Ojuororun:
do you realize that the ministry of health have worn you that smokers are liable to die young, (meaning your life is at risk when smoking) ,and you know that your wife just give birth . ...are you now ready to stop smoking or you limit it from 6 sticks daily to 2 sticks? smiley so that you can live long and last. grin grin

yes boss i agree......

1 Like

Re: Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US by Ojuororun(m): 3:24pm On Apr 03, 2018
ohem007:

yes boss i agree......
OK......

1 Like

Re: Trump Gives Liberians One Year To Leave The US by princfred(m): 3:07pm On Apr 26, 2018
petsolo15:
What happens to their children
Hi sup i saw your mail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lady Raped And Beheaded In Congo For Serving Forbidden Fish To Rebels (pic) / Jammeh Now Using Decoy Convoys After Refusing To Step Down. PICS / Snakes Chase President George Weah Away From Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.