Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. (13759 Views)

Ashes And Death: What Boko Haram Left Behind In Baga - BBC / Photos: Aftermath Of Boko Haram Attack In Chad / Picture Of Yaradua And Abuja Chief Imam Praying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by MUZBO(m): 4:49pm On May 06, 2010
Yar'adua's corpse has arrived the stadium being carried by the service chiefs. What simplicity! . . . .
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:59pm On May 06, 2010
MUZBO:

Yar'adua's corpse has arrived the stadium being carried by the service chiefs. What simplicity! . . . .
i hope you have eyes to see.most of the soldiers there are dressed in military ceremonial attire.i can hardly recognise any of those carrying yaradua's body save for his adc and cso who are in the front.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Kx: 5:06pm On May 06, 2010
vanity upon vanity.
so annoying to see turai waving at the crowd as she boarded the presidential plane in nnamdi azikiwe airport.
somebodi get shame at all? why the hand wave? is somebodi happy that d husband died in power as she
had always wished?
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Claus(m): 5:16pm On May 06, 2010
"Wrong! fifth to die

Bayero

Aguiyi

Murtala

Abacha

Yaradua"

"WHO IS BAYERO?"

[i][/i]I think he meant Balewa.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Mac16: 5:20pm On May 06, 2010
the death was not quite a shock, but i think we should give him the respect as a president and mourn him well
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Kx: 5:21pm On May 06, 2010
Claus:

"Wrong! fifth to die

Bayero

Aguiyi

Murtala

Abacha

Yaradua"

"WHO IS BAYERO?"

[i][/i]I think he meant Balewa.

surprisingly,they were all northernans.
what lesson can they learn from this trend?
abokis,leave the seat of power and live
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by AjanleKoko: 5:24pm On May 06, 2010
What Next For Nigeria?

Another season of hard riding! Jonathan is president for a while, then it all begins again in a few months.
Another ghost politician-hero-thief shows up and rides the nation for another 4 or 8 years, depending on his skills, money and alliances.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 06, 2010
@kx
And when did aguiyi ironsi become a hausa man
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by chosen04(f): 5:34pm On May 06, 2010
Kx:

Sorry, the 2nd person on that list is not a northerner.

~Bluetooth:

@kx

What is your own?.
The dude never said Aguiyi Ironsi is an Hausa man, did he?
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Afrcanmelo: 5:40pm On May 06, 2010
R.I.P yar'adua fellow Nigerians its time to move ahead
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 06, 2010
Kx:

question rephrased
is aguiyi ironsi a northerner?
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by bigmoztj(m): 5:46pm On May 06, 2010
pls are u insane or something?
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by talkurmind: 5:59pm On May 06, 2010
why has the presidential seat become regional in this country.
.lets all hope the vote of every Nigerian will count and not appointment by the way PDP must not rule this country come 2011,
we really need to watch jonathan ebele closely ,if he serves the people well within this short period then we will have to give him another chance,
what matters is who will take this country to the next level excluding the stupid old IBB who thinks he has something good to offer, he should go and mourn his wife, who knows if she was used for ritual in the course of his ambition
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by terryjohn7: 6:13pm On May 06, 2010
it quite unfortunate that Nigeria president was bury with no respect, i wept when i was watching this on the national TV. he was buried like nobody, no proper burial ceremony i felt sorry for the poor man
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by chosen04(f): 6:19pm On May 06, 2010
~Bluetooth:

question rephrased
is aguiyi ironsi a northerner?

Better!

~Bluetooth:

@kx

No pun intended. What were you thinking while asking the this qs in bold. Lol
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Nobody: 6:26pm On May 06, 2010
@terryjohn7
He was buried according to islamic rites and not as a president,so no qualms about it.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by okgerald(m): 6:27pm On May 06, 2010
Whoever   is   gonna   be   on   that   seat   should   just   care   for   the  masses.   We   want   good   rd,   electricity!,   food   for   all!   Wether   northerner,   southerner,   easterner,   God   should   just   give   us   som1   goood.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by okgerald(m): 6:34pm On May 06, 2010
terryjohn7:

it quite unfortunate that Nigeria president was bury with no respect, i wept when i was watching this on the national TV. he was buried like nobody, no proper burial ceremony i felt sorry for the poor man
Would u rather he be buried in a gold casket? Thats how muslims bury their dead. No shizzle
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by MUZBO(m): 6:56pm On May 06, 2010
Someone died and there's argument. Na wa o!
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Nobody: 7:03pm On May 06, 2010
yep i'm thinking Bukola saraki, Mu'azu Babangida Aliyu or Nuhu Ribadu as Vice-President
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Nignog: 7:26pm On May 06, 2010
Who cares. Rot in hell and good riddance.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Aderupoko2: 8:31pm On May 06, 2010
Pls people,don't vote for IBB.He has never meant well for you and I
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by frankogbu(m): 8:52pm On May 06, 2010
It has been confirmed that president umaru yaradua passed away some few hours ago after suffering months of illness.he has been distanced from official duties which made his vice-president goodluck jonathan to act in his capacity as acting president.
the game has changed now as it is expected that jonathan will be sworn-in as substantial president and also shop for a northern vice-president who is expected to take over from him at the completion of their tenure next year.
it is however pertinent to note that the choice of the vice-president who will automatically become the president come next election is very important and the situation at hand present a good cover for jonathan to kill the presidential ambition of general ibrabim badamosi BABANGIDA who is hell bent on ruling this country.
Since babangida would not want to serve as a vice-president to jonathan,it then gives jonathan all the time he needs to look for a good northerner as his vice-president,
there is also need for jonathan to heighten security in the presidential villa:
-to check those who may want to loot between now and daybreak.
-to monitor the activities of the military since we dont have a president at this time which create a vaccum in power as at now.
may the soul of yaradua rest in peace.
Say no to IBB presidency!!!!

I Know u meant substantive. Children are members of N/L
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by abiodunade(m): 9:06pm On May 06, 2010
The aftermath of Yar'adua's death is for his gentle soul to be buried and allow the dead body to rest. If we are talking about past leaders of the country, his name will be mentioned for his contributions to the development of the country, especially the peace being enjoyed in the volatile region of the country called Niger Delta. The new President which Jonathan should start from where the Late President has stopped, since they belonged to the same party. President Jonathan should reduces agenda of the government and critically look at important sectors like power, electoral reform, unemployment, etc within this one year of his presidency. Furthermore, his performance in office will determine if Nigerians will cast their vote for him base on his performance or a new person will be voted for comes 2011.
I believe government is all about continuity, especially when the leadership powers still remains with the same political party.
The late President's wife should learn that when a man occupies a public office like President, Vice President, Governor, etc, he cease to be private property rather he becomes public property that the people he is serving should have access to him or adequate information about him.
Late President Yar'adua has done his best for the country and history will always remembered him for the tremendous contributions.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Akosbaba(m): 9:34pm On May 06, 2010
Hopefully jonathan can help supervise a credible election next year either he's competing or not
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 06, 2010
frankogbu:

It has been confirmed that president umaru yaradua passed away some few hours ago after suffering months of illness.he has been distanced from official duties which made his vice-president goodluck jonathan to act in his capacity as acting president.
the game has changed now as it is expected that jonathan will be sworn-in as substantial president and also shop for a northern vice-president who is expected to take over from him at the completion of their tenure next year.
it is however pertinent to note that the choice of the vice-president who will automatically become the president come next election is very important and the situation at hand present a good cover for jonathan to kill the presidential ambition of general ibrabim badamosi BABANGIDA who is hell bent on ruling this country.
Since babangida would not want to serve as a vice-president to jonathan,it then gives jonathan all the time he needs to look for a good northerner as his vice-president,
there is also need for jonathan to heighten security in the presidential villa:
-to check those who may want to loot between now and daybreak.
-to monitor the activities of the military since we dont have a president at this time which create a vaccum in power as at now.
may the soul of yaradua rest in peace.
Say no to IBB presidency!!!!

I Know u meant substantive. Children are members of N/L

both are adjective and can be use in the same context i.e something real not imaginary only that 'substantive ' can be a noun,word or group of words that function as a noun,nominal when used in grammar.check this links for further clarification.
http://www.yourdictionary.com/substantive
http://www.yourdictionary.com/substantial
i stand to be corrected if you prove me wrong,please
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by canuck(m): 10:12pm On May 06, 2010
frankogbu:

I Know u meant substantive. Children are members of N/L.

Whao! Did you check Bluetooth's previous posts before calling the poster a child? One word in a 225-word post is immaterial. Shior!

@OP
Some countries have started issuing travel advisory for trips to Nigeria over the next couple of weeks; a friend of mine just got one telling him not to head to Nigeria.

Personally, I don't think there's cause for alarm, but I no be Oyinbo  cool
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by dearie(m): 10:45pm On May 06, 2010
He actually meant well for nigeria and Nigerians, but he was surrounded by hypocrites and sycophants. howver, he still has some legacies he will be remembered for. I hope future leaders learn from his mistakes?

His interment really sent chills down my spine. what a demonstation of the lesson 'Vanity upon Vanity'. The lesson is palpable, the only thing we leave behind in this world after death is our legacy. No matter how much we amass in this world, one will return to dust from whence we all came.

May his soul find perfect peace in the bossom of God!
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by winutech(m): 11:17pm On May 06, 2010
Edo state: Adam Oshimolo support IBB. And if you notice the Benin one man one vote show. It looks that the south south governor were all there with IBB. That signal I fear.

becomerich7,
Pls note that IBB's presence in Benin does not automatically mean Adams Oshomohle's endorsement of him. If you understand the Comrade Adams style, you will understand that he throws invitation open to everybody(including his enemies). Who responds to his invitation is a matter of choice.

Everybody know IBB too well. He can kiss your feet in public just to give the impression that you two a birds of the same feathers. Was there not a report that Ojukwu has endorsed him? I will not be surprised if it is announced tomorrow that YOU have endorsed IBB! All he needs to do is to hold you hands for some few minutes in public and POOOOOM, its on news!

We are not fooled. Oshomole has his political masterplan. I don't think IBB is in the picture AT ALL. In Oshomole's words "I would rather stick to my labour training. I face the opposition and thrash out issues. I donot run from dialogue." (Paraphrased)
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Mesef1: 11:24pm On May 06, 2010
What next for Nigeria?

Well, from history, those who always get elcted as President are the dark horses in the race. Surely, Jonathan will choose a VP who will be the Presidential candidate in next year's election. Judging from the fact that OBJ calls the shots here, my instincts tell me he would use Jonathan to stamp his golden boy - Nuhu Ribadu as VP. Ribadu will contest the 2011 presidential election and win. This is the easiest route to presidency for Ribadu, OBJ has had this in mind since 2007 but the atmosphere then was not right.

Apart from wishful thinking, there has been prophecies that the man who will clean Nigeria of our enduring mess would be the son of an aristocrat from Adamawa State, you see, everything points to Nuhu Ribadu.

Please prepare for a Nuhu Ribadu VP! Those who says he has no political base should just watch out.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by winutech(m): 11:31pm On May 06, 2010
bigmoztj:

pls are u insane or something?

Can everybody stop using vague language here? Lets argue points objectively.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by mikeoscar: 11:38pm On May 06, 2010
WE need prayers- second head of state to die on the throne- how sad/

@Labiyemmy,

No, not the second . He is actually the fourth(4th)

1. Alhaji Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa -January 15th 1966 (Military Coup)

2. General Aguyi Ironsi-July 29th 1966 ( Military Coup)

3. General Murtala Mohammed-February 13th 1976 (Military Coup)

4. General Sanni Abacha-June 8, 1998 (Heart attack??)

5. Alhaji Shehu Musa Yar'adua-5th of May 2010 (Pericadiatis)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Enugu Port-Harcourt Rail System Takes Off / Buhari Has Failed, But He’s Still Better Than Atiku — Balarabe Musa / Bagudu: Ruga Is Not Fulani, But An Idea Of British Colonialists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.