Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,024 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. (13756 Views)

Ashes And Death: What Boko Haram Left Behind In Baga - BBC / Photos: Aftermath Of Boko Haram Attack In Chad / Picture Of Yaradua And Abuja Chief Imam Praying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by sjeezy8: 12:44pm On May 06, 2010
[size=13pt]Well all we need is for the SE and SS to agree to make jonathan president in 2011- It doesnt have to stop zoning and give the presidency back to the north in 2011((maybe) than after the SE.

THEY ALL HAVE TO AGREE THO- MOST PEOPLE WHO ARE SAYING NO TO JONATHAN FROM THOSE ZONES WANT TO BE PRESIDENT THEMSELVES.[/size]

Its not a big deal, make jonathan president in 2011 and it speeds up the process of Zoning.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 06, 2010
This man is not regarded as a true northerner from Nigeria. In the northern part of Nigeria, there is this muted discussion about General Ibrahim Babangida not being a Nigerian but from Niger Republic who was not regarded much until he agreed to join the army and was greatly encouraged by the oligarchy who demanded one thing from him, the institution of Islamic regime in Nigeria. He does not care much about anything unless it means power and control under his watch. He stepped aside and ever since, he has always being in the aside deciding how the people are controlled using military and civilians.

It was under him that Nigeria joined the Organization of Islamic countries and was pumping money into that Arab owned political/economic group. While his minions were declaring Islamic legal code in their states across the North, in the 1985-1993 that he was military president, Nigeria became an Islamic state. His second in command, Navy Commodore Ebitu Ukiwe was removed from being in that office for being bold enough to tell journalists that the issue of Nigeria being in the OIC was never discussed in Federal Executive meetings. The sultanate demanded his removal for being so bold to challenge their position.
[size=11pt]
IBB sent letter bomb to Dele Giwa that snuffed the life of that great man out of this life. Dele was investigating the drug deal that involved Gloria Okon and Miriam Babangida and this man had to stop the investigative journalist through a letter bomb.

This man is behind the annulment of the only election that most of us ever voted for in the failed State called Nigeria. The oligarchy did not trust Abiola that he will be true to his muslim beliefs once in office and they had to go through Babangida to stop him. He canceled the election and almost plunged the country into civil war. Many people died in the roads of Nigeria as they were rushing back to their states of origin. He caused the death of very many people in all the western states of Nigeria including those that were killed at University of Lagos.

I am sending a petition to the Canadian government to apprehend this criminal and bring him for justice for the humiliation that I suffered there in 1993 while his soldiers and police were brutalizing the students inside the campus and at the gate along Akoka road.

Babangida is single handedly the most corrupt Nigerian ruler that made  high crime in government a normal way of doing business in Nigeria. He has men in all levels of government. One of his state governor while he was president, David Mark, is the current Senate president in Nigeria and the ambassor to South Africa who is also known a criminal, is his man too. He has hand in who becomes what in Nigeria. It was him that single handedly appointed Obasanjo to be president.

He is the master rigger of elections. He stole more than $12 billion dollars from the oil windfall that Nigeria enjoyed at the desert storm of 1991 when the united states first invaded Iraq to drive Sadam out of Kuwait.

Babangida was the one that made it impossible for MKO Abiola, that man whose election brought down prices of staple food, but was truncated due to power play championed by Babangida.  Babangida gives no qualms about anyone since he believes that he is untouchable. He served the interest of Britain while in office and is said to be an agent of the CIA. His name opens doors in Minna where he has a mansion on a hill top.

Ibrahim Babangida was among the junior officers who joined hands in the killing of innocent Biafrans during the civil war. Though he later married the Miriam that is now dying of cancer from Asaba, the very location where people were made to face a big pit and then shot from back. People fell into those pit and were buried in mass graves. Those people were killed to avenge the death of Sarduana of Sokoto in the hands of the Major Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu led revolutionaries.  Genocide took place in Asaba and is well documented just like other parts of Biafra.

Babangida is a war criminal and must be stopped by all means. Israel is still hunting down war criminals and it is about time that we start doing something about our country before the criminals get away and die quietly. Justice demands that they be made to stand trials for crimes committed during the war and the leadership of Nigeria under his watch. Since we can’t get justice from home, let’s do whatever we can to bring them to trial here in North America.

I appeal to all Sahara Reporters and her millions of readers around the world to rise up and take this man down since he is the one major factor that our land is in ruin right now. We must take the bull by the horn if we are ever to take this criminal gang that is tearing apart our land. That Nigeria is a failed state started at independence and was confirmed in blood when the people of the old Eastern Region were suffered ethnic cleansing- pogrom in northern states in 1966. It was this single episode that prepared the grounds for the civil war that cost 3000,000 Biafrans through blockade and the bombs and guns of Nigerian soldiers and their foreign conspirators.

It is Babangida’s policy position that is causing deaths in the Niger Delta. People he put in positions of authority are behind the killings of the indigenous land owners who are being killed by the army and police to enable Nigeria harvest the oil fields.

Babangida is also known to be part of the group of past heads of states of Nigeria that got bribed by Halliburton of the United States[/size]

We can't expect a come-back of such political imbroglio and a heartless gangster at that, this is no vanguard against IBB, bat truth must be spoken. . . . I'll pay it again for Goodluck Jonathan simple cos HIM BE THE MAN!.

Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by kiamond: 12:57pm On May 06, 2010
welcome president GOODLUCK

Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by heryyy(m): 12:57pm On May 06, 2010
ANKARA {#2,500} for YARA'DUA final burier ceremoney , coming up very soon,please contact for your own ANKARA.O WOO ANKARA O NI JE SEMO OOOOOOOOOO grin grin grin
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by dapojaja(m): 1:08pm On May 06, 2010
we'll need more "maalus" from the north + many more tomatoes on time, 'cos we're really short of 'em down south here.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by babaowo: 1:12pm On May 06, 2010
i love this nation because the drama can never end
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by sizzlers(m): 1:14pm On May 06, 2010
ABR-link:

He was certainly a good man. And like most good men, he was grossly misunderstood. Yet still, I must say he is deserving of every honour due. We will miss him. Nigeria will miss him - even though we hardly ever know how to celebrate our own heroes. His days and his time will be remembered not for the things he did, nor for the things he could not do - he will be rememered for bringing a good heart into the seat of power of our country - and that for me is more than an achievement - given the wickedness we have known that has been oozing from that place as far back as we can remember.

Now is the time to say goodbye. Now is the time to raise our salute to a man who was man enough to be human to humanity in the Nigerian space. He served his people well, and his country has a lot to show for it. Certainly.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Bidemi1997(f): 1:19pm On May 06, 2010
Could someone pls explain to me why the next vice president must be a NORTHENER?
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Johnmos(m): 1:22pm On May 06, 2010
The drama has just begun wink
Turai would love to have one of her son-in-law as the VP
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:25pm On May 06, 2010
Bidemi1997:

Could someone pls explain to me why the next vice president must be a NORTHENER?
because the post of the president and vice is between the south and north.it always come in a joint-ticket and since jonathan is from south,a vp from the north is needed then.
stylishcsa:

It pisses me off when I read some guys say " Northerner as a VP", Why the hell must a VP come from the North? With their cantonese gibberish accent embarassed
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by babaowo: 1:32pm On May 06, 2010
No matter how many rest in peace we says
to late president, umar its only God would
know those who will rest in peace.

Good luck to new president jonathan
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by shoking(m): 1:37pm On May 06, 2010
Whats update from Adamawa?

Have they finally decided who the VP will be?

I am particularly angered that the senate president did not attend the presidents swearing inn, just because they a sceaming to produce a northerner to occupy the VP seat.

How patroitic are our leaders,  shocked embarassed
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 06, 2010
Say NO! to IBB - IBAJE BALUJE

PS: Means the evil that spoils the land.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by omotyakin: 1:54pm On May 06, 2010
Lets pray that God will help Goodluck even if it is just for the short period he will be using. And that God should give us another good leader. Amen
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by dannyod(m): 1:59pm On May 06, 2010
yea yea , we are already used to his not being around. dont get it twisted people, the news still came as a shock to me though. what can i say? mmay his soul rest in peace,
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by dannyod(m): 2:10pm On May 06, 2010
yea yea , we are already used to his not being around. dont get it twisted people, the news still came as a shock to me though. what can i say? mmay his soul rest in peace,
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Parnassuss(m): 2:15pm On May 06, 2010
I say this in the most lackluster manner possible; RIP. I really can't care for his family now, the man's dead, full stop. Page turn and Joe's the new sheriff, well at least i've gotten a holiday out of this. undecided
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by seguntijan(m): 2:19pm On May 06, 2010
may his gentle soul rest in peace i think by now mrs turai will let us see his dead body.i pity the man my regards to DAGRIN and the likes byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by chosen04(f): 2:34pm On May 06, 2010
Anaegboka:

They came in through electoral process. Will there ever be a free and fair election in this country in the nearest future?

What an electoral process! If u agree that the elections are not free and fair, then why are u trying so hard to legitmise another FRAUD?

The question still remains ''WHO VOTED FOR THEM?''
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by benzion72(m): 3:01pm On May 06, 2010
Any Hausa/Fulani/ Mal lam they nairaland. I doubt it. The city is between Yoruba, Igbo and South South. You can prove me wrong
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Bidemi1997(f): 3:09pm On May 06, 2010
because the post of the president and vice is between the south and north.it always come in a joint-ticket and since jonathan is from south,a vp from the north is needed then.

Thanks wink
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by EzeUche(m): 3:18pm On May 06, 2010
I throw my complete support behind Goodluck Jonathan. That being said, what would you support. A benevolent tyranny that is improving our economy, giving us security and better infrastructure or a democracy that does not provide such?
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Emmacarnegie(m): 3:20pm On May 06, 2010
I really felt bad to hear the death of our president though he has suffered may his soul rest in peace sad
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by EzeUche(m): 3:21pm On May 06, 2010
Why does the VP have to be from the north? I wouldn't mind if the VP was from a qualified southerner Yoruba or Igbo or even a qualified middle belt person. angry

I am disgusted by this zoning agreement. The most qualified individual should be the one given a chance.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Anaegboka(m): 3:31pm On May 06, 2010
chosen04:

What an electoral process! If u agree that the elections are not free and fair, then why are u trying so hard to legitmise another FRAUD?

The question still remains ''WHO VOTED FOR THEM?''
Have you ever voted in any election and will you vote come 2011? If not why?
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by jenlucas(m): 3:38pm On May 06, 2010
We need prayer brother`s for where the nation is heading no one knows baba God help your children oh.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Edemeko(m): 3:45pm On May 06, 2010
To me its a great loss to this nation, this man realy meant well for all nigerians.
As for goodluck who has always been lucky. he should not be selfish,  he
has already displalyed some trace of selfishness in his appointment of carbinet members.

long live nigeria.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by chosen04(f): 3:56pm On May 06, 2010
Anaegboka:

Nigeria have lost 2 elected heads of state in office, Tafawa Balewa and Umar Yaradua. Aguiyi Ironsi, Murtala Mohammed, Sani Abacha were all coupists who hijacked our nation and looted it including Babangida and Obasanjo who should all be seen as common criminals. Nobody voted them into office. That is why Babangida is seeking to come back as civilian president to legitimise himself like Obasanjo. Not to worry, their day of reckoning is coming.

The bolded is ur statement in trying to legitmize Balewa and Yar'adua's leadership positions and dis-crediting others that u mentioned.

Anaegboka:

Have you ever voted in any election and will you vote come 2011? If not why?

Before i answer your question.

I still want to know who VOTED FOR BALEWA and YAR'ADUA? and your reason(S) for supporting selective crimes. All those dudes you listed came TO POWER through FRAUD, but i still cant fathom your reasons for discrediting some and legitmizing others. Expect you can prove me wrong by answering my question which u have been avoiding.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by chosen04(f): 3:59pm On May 06, 2010
jen_lucas:

We need prayer brother`s for where the nation is heading no one knows baba God help your children oh.

Stop fooling yourself. The country doesnot need any prayers.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by nedunaija(m): 4:00pm On May 06, 2010
I think Jonathan's advisers should think along this line. The right person to take the VP slot is Niger State Gov Babangida Aliyu. My reason is simple: He has so far shown some flashes of good governance there; he is educated enough; he also seems to be among the few progressives of the lot that we have amongst the many thieving northern governors.
Also, and perhaps most importantly, he is the chairman of the northern governors' forum which put a lot of influence at his disposal. That way he'll be able to stop that father of corruption called IBB. Besides, they are both from the same state.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 06, 2010
What the f u c k is IBB doing in katsina.is he on campaign at the funeral?
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by olafolarin(m): 4:39pm On May 06, 2010
~Bluetooth:

What the f u c k is IBB doing in katsina.is he on campaign at the funeral?

He is there to see the type of burial he will get next year,

I hope Jonathan picks one of the following as VP:

Fashola

Bukola saraki

Aliyu Babangida

Nuhu Ribadu

I'll prefer he do away with a northern VP.He should coose a progressive from the south so as to solidify his tenure and prepare for 2011.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

God’s Private Jets And Limousines By Ogaga Ifowodo / Building On Weekends & Public-Holidays Banned In Lagos / You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.