Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,735 members, 7,817,026 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. (13757 Views)

Ashes And Death: What Boko Haram Left Behind In Baga - BBC / Photos: Aftermath Of Boko Haram Attack In Chad / Picture Of Yaradua And Abuja Chief Imam Praying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by bombay: 10:08am On May 06, 2010
Only if my ibo brothers and sisters could be as smart as niger deltans things would change for the better.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by favored09(m): 10:12am On May 06, 2010
Goodluck Jonathan sworn-in as President of Federal Republic of Nigeria (FRN)
http://www.ifeyinka.com/2010/05/goodluck-jonathan-sworn-in-as-president.html
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by sizzlers(m): 10:13am On May 06, 2010
Jonathan now president. NTA LIVE
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by spicyhoney(f): 10:15am On May 06, 2010
caadediran:

I do hope what next for nigeria is for us as a Nation to be in quest to get it right. Ensure that we walk in all selflessness to birth a NEW NIGERIA where things works right.
I hopefully pray so too.

Please those of you writing names of presidents that were killed in coup, go and study your govt, history and politics well before posting WRONG INFO here. Its only Abacha and Yaradua that died on power, the rest were killed(forceful removal).
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by chosen04(f): 10:19am On May 06, 2010
Anaegboka:

Nigeria have lost 2 elected heads of state in office, Tafawa Balewa and Umar Yaradua. Aguiyi Ironsi, Murtala Mohammed, Sani Abacha were all coupists who hijacked our nation and looted it including Babangida and Obasanjo who should all be seen as common criminals. Nobody voted them into office. That is why Babangida is seeking to come back as civilian president to legitimise himself like Obasanjo. Not to worry, their day of reckoning is coming.

Why not wine back the hands of the CLOCK and remove their names and deeds from the record books,

Your argument holds no water. Who voted for Yar'adua? cos the dude was only rigged into position by Obj and his cohorts.

Wake from sleep and accept your fate. Who voted for Tafawa Balewa and Yar'adua that you are trying so much to legitimise their leaderships?
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by sizzlers(m): 10:19am On May 06, 2010
bombay:

Only if my ibo brothers and sisters could be as smart as niger deltans things would change for the better.
Bro, i dont get you, you want them to act like MEND? IF I TELL YOU WHAT IT TAKES US TO BE THERE U WONT BELIEVE ME.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by gentlegg(m): 10:22am On May 06, 2010
Jonathan already sworn in as full president sharp sharp. The guy no wan waste time at all, who God go put sugar for mouth and him go spit am out? Jonathan carry gooo!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8664150.stm
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by sizzlers(m): 10:27am On May 06, 2010
gentlegg:

Jonathan already sworn in as full president sharp sharp. The guy no wan waste time at all, who God go put sugar for mouth and him go spit am out? Jonathan carry gooo!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/8664150.stm
ARE U SURPRICE, THAT IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE, WHO U WON MAY DEY WAIT FOR?
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by andyprince(m): 10:34am On May 06, 2010
its a pity we lost our presient,may his soul rest in perfect peace.AMEN.Lets pray for d repose of his soul, egually,lets ask ourselves dis simple Q,WHERE WIL I BE HEAVEN OR HELL?
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by sizzlers(m): 10:42am On May 06, 2010
nigeria good people great nation
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by andyprince(m): 10:45am On May 06, 2010
GOODLUCK has now been sworn in as our new president lets all pray 4 him to pilot the affairs of this great nation in truth,fairness and goodspirit of mind and body.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Eddypriest(m): 10:55am On May 06, 2010
[color=#000099][/color]
so must the VP be a northerner, and he must succeed Jonathan. where is it said in the constitution that in such a case as this the VP if at all must be a northerner must succeed the President or is PDP constitution ruling the Country now?
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by nnamexy(m): 10:57am On May 06, 2010
i beliv his death will bring us plenty of progress, now jonathan can assume office properly. may his soul RIP, AMEN
But totally hate d notion dat d 1 man who made nigeria as bad as it is 2day is coming back for d presidencial seat come 2011, IBB(shame on him)
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by sizzlers(m): 11:04am On May 06, 2010
andyprince:

its a pity we lost our presient,may his soul rest in perfect peace.AMEN.Lets pray for d repose of his soul, egually,lets ask ourselves dis simple Q,WHERE WIL I BE HEAVEN OR HELL?
may his soul rest in peace AMEN. I have a question, ANY VIRGIN FOR HIM? if yes HOW MANY? if no WHY?
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by CIEthel(f): 11:08am On May 06, 2010
pls can someone tell me how long this public holiday will last becos thats my interest. Yar'Adua is dead so what! He is supposed to have been dead since December last year. Besides these Northerners are draging this country behind. Its high Time we got a South South president and Jonathan had better damn all consequencis and pick a Southern Vice. To hell with the North.  grin
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by sizzlers(m): 11:12am On May 06, 2010
may his soul rest in peace
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by D3rdeye: 11:29am On May 06, 2010
When was that with you 2nd post or 1st?

Last would be my 2nd!!
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by SmashingM(f): 11:34am On May 06, 2010
Who's gonna be the vice? keep us posted please.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by heartrate(m): 11:37am On May 06, 2010
you all are talking as if you have nothing to offer, I believe we all are youths and this is how is going to be. we are simply telling this aristos/oligarchs that whatever they say is the right thing, well I tell you guys one thing for sure. You are not leaving any legacy in any way, Nigeria is just full of people in the crowd. because you are different from others, does not mean you are not on the right track.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by dove24u(m): 11:38am On May 06, 2010
No, First Elected President(Graduate) to die in Office cry cry cry
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by CIEthel(f): 11:44am On May 06, 2010
na wah oh
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Anaegboka(m): 11:47am On May 06, 2010
chosen04:

Why not wine back the hands of the CLOCK and remove their names and deeds from the record books,

Your argument holds no water. Who voted for Yar'adua? cos the dude was only rigged into position by Obj and his cohorts.

Wake from sleep and accept your fate. Who voted for Tafawa Balewa and Yar'adua that you are trying so much to legitimise their leaderships?
They came in through electoral process. Will there ever be a free and fair election in this country in the nearest future?
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Nobody: 11:52am On May 06, 2010
Eddypriest:

[color=#000099][/color]
so must the VP be a northerner, and he must succeed Jonathan. where is it said in the constitution that in such a case as this the VP if at all must be a northerner must succeed the President or is PDP constitution ruling the Country now?
as of now,the major players in our politics are all pdp stakeholders.therefore,they dictate for the nation and according to their permutations,they are likely to shop for a north-easterner vice-president but the problem here is that david mark is from the north central axis which may likely creat problem for his senate president seat.take a look at the order now:
president---------south south
vice-president--- likely from north east
senate president--north central
Speaker--------------south west
dep speaker--------south east

it will be in the interest of nigeria that a good vp is chosen,one that jonathan can handover to if he's not contesting come 2011 so that IBB can be barred by all means from comtesting the election.who knows maybe yaradua's death is a blessing to nigeria in disguise.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by stylishcsa: 12:03pm On May 06, 2010
You all will agree with me that President Yar'Adua has been long dead prior to this hearing, I think there must have been an underground gimmick masterminded by Turai/Yar'Adua faithfuls before this death was made public.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by supereagle(m): 12:06pm On May 06, 2010
From Spicyhoney
Please those of you writing names of presidents that were killed in coup, go and study your govt, history and politics well before posting WRONG INFO here. Its only Abacha and Yaradua that died on power, the rest were killed(forceful removal).
IBB killed Abacha, Idiagbon, Ige and Abiola
[url]http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.naijarules.com/vb/news-current-affairs-politics/34117-ibb-killed-abiola-abacha-idiagbon-ige-fayemiwo.html
[/url]
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:13pm On May 06, 2010
Thanks a lot for your funny story. is a very biggest joke that a northerner will to over,
or don't you think that Jonathan deserve another tenure?
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:27pm On May 06, 2010
'
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by nyrol(m): 12:30pm On May 06, 2010
Metal Gong has got no home training am so sure about that. he uses foul language as if he is born with, its a shame anyway. I know you are still in your 20's but age isnt anything but numbers, big up and stop been childish. Even if you are a babangida acolyte that doesnt mean you should call everyone who makes his or her own contributions on any general topic concerning the evil thing called IBB a mumu or an idiot.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 06, 2010
that dude has out-rightly NOTHING to show forth from his past military leadership, he's got no footprint to trail on, why would anyone want IBB anyway. . .  angry angry
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by olorikan(f): 12:33pm On May 06, 2010
Dr. Goodluck Jonathan takes over.
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by Demainman1: 12:34pm On May 06, 2010
Fast forward 12 months from now!!

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NIGERIA PRESIDENT IBB HAS JUST MARRIED TURAI, WIFE OF THE FORMER PRESIDENT MUSA YAR' ADUA (LATE). THE HAPPY COUPLE VOW TO CARRY NIGERIA FORWARD IN THEIR DESIRE TO SEE THE COUNTRY TAKES IT'S RIGHTFUL PLACE AMONG THE COMMITTY OF 'GREEDY' NATIONS.

My people, I am a pessimist. I still cannot see light at the end of the tunnell for my country yet! Too many vultures still lying in wait. Let us stop IBB at all cost! The man is out to bury all of us alive I swear!!!
Re: Aftermath Of Yaradua's Death.what Next For Nigeria. by stylishcsa: 12:37pm On May 06, 2010
It pisses me off when I read some guys say " Northerner as a VP", Why the hell must a VP come from the North? With their cantonese gibberish accent embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Building On Weekends & Public-Holidays Banned In Lagos / You Can Now Buy Rice At N7,000 Per Bag Thanks To An Increase In Local Production / Timi Frank Advises Saraki: "Watch Your Back While Relating With Oyegun"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.