Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) - Satellite TV Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) (68883 Views)

How To Connect Several Dishes To A Receiver Using Diseqc Switches / Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) / Connecting Up To 4 Dishes On One Decoder Using A Diseqc (pauxis) 4x1 switch. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by chemvic: 1:57am On May 26, 2011
Hi @ All Gurus in the house!
I have been really inspired by this forum, thumbs up to the moderator!!! Pls i have a 180cm dish, a 24Inch Jack and an echostar positioner i used 4669 strong decoder and i stay in Ilorin. i will like to hook Nilesat! Pls can someone give me a step by step guide to installing motorized 1.8m. I install 60cm and 90 cm very well, and have hooked sats like Sirus 4.8, W3a 7E, 2M on 21.6E, MultiTv on 28.2 etc. it is my first time on 1.8M. Please all help will definitely be appreciated 1 LUV
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 1:53pm On May 26, 2011
@chemvic, read from page 1 of this thread. It is a step by step how to do it yourself thread.
If u encounter any difficulties. Let me know. U can call 08028599131 or send mail @ sam2001ng@yahoo.com
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Peroluv(m): 5:41pm On May 27, 2011
Hi all, i have two question to ask
1. How much is 1m dish pan, and can i get it at alaba market.
2. Can i motorize a 1m dish to get mbc package, multi tv, mytv etc ie all ku band. Pls i need urgent answer, thanx and God bless u all.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Peroluv(m): 5:51pm On May 27, 2011
Hi all, i have two question to ask
1. How much is 1m dish pan, and can i get it at alaba market.
2. Can i motorize a 1m dish to get mbc package, multi tv, mytv etc ie all ku band. Pls i need urgent answer, thanx and God bless u all.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 3:03pm On May 28, 2011
1. Yes u can get 1 m dish at alaba. Price varies depending on the make or the seller involved.
2. It can be motorised. Only that a bit of re-engineering is involved.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Femwal: 10:57pm On May 28, 2011
@sammu pls i need ur asistance badly u no dat i called u abt a week ago abt movie and documentry wit sport chanels u told dat i should track arabsat5a, u can beleave dat i track cband arabsat, atlantal b,intel 7/10c, i dont like any station on dis satellites pls giv me where i can watch movie,sport & docum except nilesat wit my 180cm pan dish i have ku fuji & cband wit 4669x11. My 180cm dish useless now asist me
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 7:44am On May 29, 2011
@femwal, av told you that on free to air you can not get all you need from one single satellite except nilesat. Best bet is to motorise yur dish giving wider choices. For instance, movies and news u get on astra 2b that is multitv and infinity. Sports u get on w3a, that is mbc. On arabsat 5a ngb1 shows premiership.
So my brother, when you motorise, you just move arouund to get what u want fro many sats
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Femwal: 8:57am On May 29, 2011
@sammu bt i av questn (1) i track arabsat i get ngb1 showing fixture every second no programs exp fixtures pls explain there program (2)if i want 2 motorise my dish how  much it w cost me (3) i try 2 track nilesat in my area but not posible someboby told me dat my fuji lnb is not powerfu to track it pls recomend another lnb 4 me dat powerful to track nilesat easily and how much, thanks so much
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Femwal: 1:51pm On Jun 13, 2011
@all, i bought invacom lnb yesterday for my 180cm pan dish to track nilesat, pls asist me with high tp dat whot 65 to 70% quality or more dan dat,thanks
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Femwal: 12:01pm On Jun 22, 2011
@sammu, pls what is d name of dat lnbf & what type of paper & colour can i buy 4 dat fabri dish
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Femwal: 12:23pm On Jun 22, 2011
@sammu, pls what is d name of dat lnbf & what type of paper & colour can i buy 4 dat fabri dish.thank
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by TOWNJUJU: 6:01pm On Jun 22, 2011
Has anyone been able to construct a motorized head for 2.4m strong groundmount pan? Cos i've been trying 4 more than a week now. Any advice will be welcomed.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 9:11am On Jun 23, 2011
@ townjuju, neck contruction for 2.4m is not difficult at all. Look around you for fibre dish and copy the neck. Or better still search for adewest post on motorising dish. He has pics that can be of help to u. Am posting from phone so i can add links. Thanks
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by TOWNJUJU: 12:40pm On Jun 23, 2011
@sammu tanks alot, i neva tout of dat. No problem i'll do as u say. Tanks again
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Femwal: 2:58am On Jun 24, 2011
@oga sammu, thank 4 yesterday god w increase ur power, pls about 2.6m fabri dish i told on d phone d woman called yesterday dat i should bring 8k then u said i need to reprint it with paper & colour pls which types of paper, gum and colour me i uses now, do u known d price, pls asist me,thanks my gud broda,
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Femwal: 3:00am On Jun 24, 2011
@oga sammu, thank 4 yesterday god w increase ur power, pls about 2.6m fabri dish i told on d phone d woman called yesterday dat i should bring 8k then u said i need to reprint it with paper & colour pls which types of paper, gum and colour me i uses now, do u known d price, pls asist me,thanks my gud broda,
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by bolyjay: 8:43am On Jun 24, 2011
@femwal,the items you need for refoiling your are:aluminium foil,resis and white glossy paint.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by bolyjay: 8:48am On Jun 24, 2011
@femwal,what i mean is that instead of the paper you are talking about you need aluminium foil and for gum you can use resin.you need white glossy paint it after refoiling.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Femwal: 4:12am On Jun 25, 2011
@bolyjay, i need ur asistance about dis issue pls can you teach me how to do it, i am seaching 4 d people who w teach me, pls bolyjay asist me
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by bolyjay: 5:43pm On Jun 26, 2011
@femwal,teaching u is not d problem but it's a practical stuff cos i need to show u how to do it.it's not something u can understand with theory only.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Femwal: 8:11pm On Jun 26, 2011
@bolyjay, give me ur private number wit ur email address,
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by bolyjay: 1:49pm On Jun 28, 2011
@femwal,here is my number 08068952961.email-suzan_millbranth@yahoo.com
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by atoje(m): 12:37pm On Jul 17, 2011
can someone help me on how to motorise my 90cm dish. i av the jack and positioner already
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 7:02pm On Jul 23, 2011
You can motorise 90cm dish to receive all ku sats available but there is a bit of engineering involved
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by atoje(m): 12:12am On Jul 30, 2011
sammu:

You can motorise 90cm dish to receive all ku sats available but there is a bit of engineering involved
that is why am confuse, do u have any picture of a motorise 90cm or can u pls put me through on how to go abt it.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by mouse3(m): 10:30pm On Aug 12, 2011
that is why am confuse, do u have any picture of a motorise 90cm or can u pls put me through on how to go abt it.
[quote][/quote]

Maybee i found samthing about 0,9m but i have samthing bigger and more professional,i hope the jpg limits alowed attach.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Nobody: 11:11am On Aug 17, 2011
@all, i bought invacom lnb yesterday for my 180cm pan dish to track nilesat, pls asist me with high tp dat whot 65 to 70% quality or more dan dat,thanks

@femwal, what is the performance and cost of your invacom lnb? Ar u able to track Nilesat with it using 1.8m dish? Is it available in Nigerian market? Is urs a single or quad band? I heard it is capable of tracking Nilesat, even on a 1.2m dish. I'm interested in carrying out a research on this. Your feed back will be appreciated. Thank you.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 3:38pm On Aug 17, 2011
bolyjay used invacom lnb on 1.8m dish in ogbomosho to pick nilesat. Though u did not state ur location, give it a try and report back to the house.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 18, 2011
@Sammu, my location is Akure, Ondo State. I will give it a trial. I have all the necessary equipments except the invacom lnb. I have tried ordering it online without success, is it available in Alaba? Thank you.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by titipexy: 7:21am On Aug 23, 2011
where in Nigeria can one get this invacom, coz I have been searching for it.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 7:36am On Aug 23, 2011
Invacom lnb is available @ alaba
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by edey2real: 1:50pm On Sep 12, 2011
sammu:

Invacom lnb is available @ alaba

@Sammu,
Pls, how much is this lnb in Alaba cos i also need it for my 3m fiber dish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

40+ Free Channels- Watch All Nigerian Church Tv Channels / Free Sport Stations 2015 Updated / Mbc2,mbc3,mbc4,mbc Action, Mbc Max,mbc Variety On 26°east.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.