Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,231 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) - Satellite TV Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) (68888 Views)

How To Connect Several Dishes To A Receiver Using Diseqc Switches / Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) / Connecting Up To 4 Dishes On One Decoder Using A Diseqc (pauxis) 4x1 switch. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by pboy2buzy(m): 7:33pm On Jun 17, 2012
sammu: @p2boy2buzy. Is your dish motorised? If yes, your lnb skew should be at 3'0 clock. Then your declination angle must be well adjusted for yur dish to see all available sats. Cheers
boss,my dish is motorised 2.4m mesh...my lnb is currently at 12'o bcuz of w3c i only take it to 9'o 4 d rest chann2 pop...how do i adjst d declination angle.2.can i get bard4 wit it in benin city.big tanx n anticipation.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by verwegsateliet(m): 11:25pm On Jul 14, 2012
pboy2buzy:
boss,my dish is motorised 2.4m mesh...my lnb is currently at 12'o bcuz of w3c i only take it to 9'o 4 d rest chann2 pop...how do i adjst d declination angle.2.can i get bard4 wit it in benin city.big tanx n anticipation.
try but i think 3m
depending on your quality of dish
declination normly few degrees must have brackets somehwere lookk for inclonometer or make one.
can u email me pic want to motorise 3.8m pan and 2.3 meter dish.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 5:46pm On Apr 03, 2013
with respect to recent developments in sat world. It is time we start motorising our dishes from 1m
@ kinmen, pls and pls help us in this regard. I know u are a guru in modified 'motorising neck' for small dishes.
Help with pics and tutorials. Thanks
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by umassor(m): 8:54am On Apr 29, 2013
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 10:02pm On Apr 29, 2013
Read from page one of this thread. The know-how is well explained.
Cheers
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by SULIEMAN3(m): 3:35pm On May 11, 2013
I motorised 1.8m dish 7¤E, nilesat, 68.5¤E and nss7 but i don't know how to use the positioner remote to set the jack for each satellite i.e if i want to move to another satellite entirely.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by obnelly: 1:06am On May 12, 2013
once you move your jack to any satellite e.g Nss7 press 1 you will see p-1 on your positioner.then you press store.for nilesat press 2 and you will also see p-2 on your positioner next press 2 and then store .Do that to all the satellites .you can programme satellite from 1-99 .Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 5:49am On May 12, 2013
obnelly: once you move your jack to any satellite e.g Nss7 press 1 you will see p-1 on your positioner.then you press store.for nilesat press 2 and you will also see p-2 on your positioner next press 2 and then store .Do that to all the satellites .you can programme satellite from 1-99 .Goodluck

For most positioners in the market here in Nigeria, u press and hold the ''store'' button untill the number display starts blinking. Then u press the number u want to store that position in, like 1 or 2.

And also most positioners only have 32 memory spaces and not upto 99. grin

Regards.

1 Like

Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by SULIEMAN3(m): 9:25am On May 12, 2013
obnelly: once you move your jack to any satellite e.g Nss7 press 1 you will see p-1 on your positioner.then you press store.for nilesat press 2 and you will also see p-2 on your positioner next press 2 and then store .Do that to all the satellites .you can programme satellite from 1-99 .Goodluck
thank u so much.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by SULIEMAN3(m): 9:27am On May 12, 2013
olenyi:

For most positioners in the market here in Nigeria, u press and hold the ''store'' button untill the number display starts blinking. Then u press the number u want to store that position in, like 1 or 2.

And also most positioners only have 32 memory spaces and not upto 99. grin

Regards.
actually the one i use has 32 memories.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Oladat(m): 5:17pm On May 12, 2013
please where can i buy these equipments to motorise my dish and what is the cost?
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by twinskenny(m): 7:29pm On May 12, 2013
Oladat: please where can i buy these equipments to motorise my dish and what is the cost?

whats ur dish size?
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by ojayunited(m): 12:07pm On May 17, 2013
Pls can anybody hlp me on how to connect my eurostar positioner and jack 2geda cos i dont know ao 2 connect it and its nt in d manual.
Tanx in advance.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 4:14pm On May 17, 2013
pls sir, am in sokoto using 1.8 dish + 4669x. Hw can i get hot bird satellite
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 6:25pm On May 17, 2013
@ojayunited, pls read the page 1 of this thread, ur question has bn answered.

@jacob, hotbird is located at 13e try it . 1.8m dish should pick some tps in sokoto
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by ojayunited(m): 9:26pm On May 17, 2013
[quote author=sammu]@ojayunited, pls read the page 1 of this thread, ur question has bn answered.

@ Sammu, am very grateful.
Tanx & God bless
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by samojie(m): 4:44pm On May 21, 2013
l am new to Fta and I am planning on installing. a motorized 2.4 m solid dish in my home town in Edo state. Going through this thread I find that pboy2buzy lives in Benin City and has a motorized big dish.
I will be very grateful. if he will allow me. to learn from his experience before going to buy my system materials. I live in Benin City and Phone number is 08035109283 (Text messages only due to hearing problem ) Will be grateful if invited to view the setup. Sam.Sikpojie@Gmail.com
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Obeny: 4:06pm On May 24, 2013
@odilibe i Have a question for you? shocked shocked

(1) you always copy and past here ,I have never seen you post any picture here from your own work

always you copy from a website and past to nairaland why?

we all know how to google so if you dont have anything of your own don't wast our time here

you are not a satellite guru but copy and past .i dont think you even know how to install dish like others cool cool

for example let as all look at I hacked post all picture are 100% from Africa and home made .which tell as that he is really satellite guy and all he talk is what he have prates he always post what he know even receiver he post what he have in hand.
but odilibe will copy from advertize website and post here cry cry guys be careful from odilibe he don't know anything at all
look at George D full of home pictures 100% love him,swordswifter 100% great
i have been watching him for a long time now

when i hacked first post a bought cband on 90cm and good cband LNB for that .he jump in and copy pictures from WS international website and post here telling it is not news. but i hacked have the thing in hand with home picture to proof .
when we talk a bought sat finders the man have in hand and telling as why we need it,he just jump in with picture from website
when it is receivers he can copy from any site and past here ,wile he dont even know were it comes and how it is.swordswifter just post his work now he jump in with noting to tell.
everything he know but am telling the truth he know noting but internet copy and past

@Odilibe tell me why you always copy and past if you have it or have use it before? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 8:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]
please sir,
my motorised dish always stop (showin E2) intsat 901,@18w.
What should i do. I need help. Tanx in adv
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 11:54am On Jun 04, 2013
jacob2012: [color=#770077][/color]
please sir,
my motorised dish always stop (showin E2) intsat 901,@18w.
What should i do. I need help. Tanx in adv
Method One
1. drive ur jack to zero point, that is the 'moving arm' should go inside .
2. Remove the screw attaching the jack to the dish.
3. Now turn the 'moving arm' anticlockwise and it will increase in lenght. PLS NOTE: DO NOT TURN IT TOO MUCH. 1-2 INCHES INCREASE IS OK.
4. Attach jack to dish and drive to west.it should go beyond 18w

Method Two
This is more technical
Remove cover of jack
U will see upper and lower limit switch
Adjust it carefully with screw driver
Good Luck
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 7:22pm On Jun 05, 2013
sammu:
Method One
1. drive ur jack to zero point, that is the 'moving arm' should go inside .
2. Remove the screw attaching the jack to the dish.
3. Now turn the 'moving arm' anticlockwise and it will increase in lenght. PLS NOTE: DO NOT TURN IT TOO MUCH. 1-2 INCHES INCREASE IS OK.
4. Attach jack to dish and drive to west.it should go beyond 18w

Method Two
This is more technical
Remove cover of jack
U will see upper and lower limit switch
Adjust it carefully with screw driver
Good Luck
tanx my oga,am grateful,i will get back to u sir.i loose it .i saw black & white round screw.i adjusted the black one by loose it little.i dont kmw if am right
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 7:49pm On Jun 05, 2013
@ sammu. Sir, what ar the interesting channel in that 18'w-22'west
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 10:00pm On Jun 05, 2013
@jacob2012
Yes u did the right thing. Hope it can now move further west.
As for channels, canalsat horizon @22w, cnn@20w. Nta@27w
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 7:14pm On Jun 06, 2013
sammu: @jacob2012
Yes u did the right thing. Hope it can now move further west.
As for channels, canalsat horizon @22w, cnn@20w. Nta@27w
thank u sir
hw can i track badr 26e?
With the fuji lnb,am unable to get hotbird yet
sir,i want to replace my 69x wth HD. But someone says is nt durable.sir advise me on wht to do please.if yes what model of HD Shld i go 4 & possibly the price. Tanx in adv
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olenyi: 6:25am On Jun 07, 2013
jacob2012:
thank u sir
hw can i track badr 26e?
With the fuji lnb,am unable to get hotbird yet
sir,i want to replace my 69x wth HD. But someone says is nt durable.sir advise me on wht to do please.if yes what model of HD Shld i go 4 & possibly the price. Tanx in adv

Go for the HD. The guy doesn't know anything.

4922A = #11500
4930l = #19000

Regards.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 2:51pm On Jun 09, 2013
[/color]i want to use this avenue to appreciate all my ogas @ the top such as SAMMU,OBE, n other. Am really proud of u people 4ur contributn in me.am grateful
pls sir, wht could be the problem when a motorised dish refuse to move. It faces 68'e (xtian channel). I check the wire that connectd to d positioner M1M1 & M2M2.No any fault.please help[color=#550000]i want to use this avenue to appreciate all my ogas @ the top such as SAMMU,OBE, n other. Am really proud of u people 4ur contributn in me.am grateful
pls sir, wht could be the problem when a motorised dish refuse to move. It faces 68'e (xtian channel). I check the wire that connectd to d positioner M1M1 & M2M2.No any fault.please help
i want to use this avenue to appreciate all my ogas @ the top such as SAMMU,OBE, n other. Am really proud of u people 4ur contributn in me.am grateful
pls sir, wht could be the problem when a motorised dish refuse to move. It faces 68'e (xtian channel). I check the wire that connectd to d positioner M1M1 & M2M2.No any fault.please help
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 8:41pm On Jun 09, 2013
@jacob2012,
Check the wires again with the help of a meter. Again check that remote control is ok. If above is not the problem then try this:
1. have someone inside the house to press the remote control while u check the jack. If the jack cranks and it is not moving that means the moving arm has jammed inside.
2. SO. Remove the jack box (that is lower part of jack that carry the motor, it is attached to pipe by 14'' nut screw)u will see moving stud, use plier to turn it until dish start to move. Now carefully replace the motor box.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 2:47pm On Jun 10, 2013
sammu: @jacob2012,
Check the wires again with the help of a meter. Again check that remote control is ok. If above is not the problem then try this:
1. have someone inside the house to press the remote control while u check the jack. If the jack cranks and it is not moving that means the moving arm has jammed inside.
2. SO. Remove the jack box (that is lower part of jack that carry the motor, it is attached to pipe by 14'' nut screw)u will see moving stud, use plier to turn it until dish start to move. Now carefully replace the motor box.
thank you sir, i did what u told me to do, i removed the black box,i turned the rod wth plier east & west.yet the machine stil show E2
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 3:08pm On Jun 10, 2013
@sammu.
Pls how can track intelsat 64'e,62'e, Nss 57'e,5e,2.8
expres am 47'e
i check lngsat 4d freq,i dont even knw whr to put d freq. Most of d satellite i got was tru try an error of blind scan(bc i knw d positn of dstv i wil move 4wd n backward 4 blindscan,if any channel popout,it mean i got somethin, n if no channel,i fail,this is hw hv be doing my track)
pls, i knw you can help me to track well.tanx in adv
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by twinskenny(m): 8:42pm On Jun 10, 2013
jacob2012: @sammu.
Pls how can track intelsat 64'e,62'e, Nss 57'e,5e,2.8
expres am 47'e
i check lngsat 4d freq,i dont even knw whr to put d freq. Most of d satellite i got was tru try an error of blind scan(bc i knw d positn of dstv i wil move 4wd n backward 4 blindscan,if any channel popout,it mean i got somethin, n if no channel,i fail,this is hw hv be doing my track)
pls, i knw you can help me to track well.tanx in adv

i think you need to start learning with smaller dish.... most of those sat u mentioned is not receivable in that part of the country... good luck
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by obnelly: 9:01pm On Jun 10, 2013
To track all the satellites you mentioned shouldnt be a big deal if you are in the coverage area .Nevertheless you may start by first tracking dstv at 36e once you have the signal pop up ,you need to move your dish to 62 and 64 respectively but i think c band will be your best bet to do that .I recommend at least 1.8m dish for you in other to be able to track all the satellites listed for both c and ku band.Goodluck.You can have 64,62, 57, 5,(4.8e) and 2.8e
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by jacob2012(m): 8:53pm On Jun 13, 2013
have tried all my effort. Yet unable to get 64e,62e & 57e. Despite the fact dat am using 1.8m wth motorised
Hola tv, also refuse to popup frm 68.5e
please help

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

40+ Free Channels- Watch All Nigerian Church Tv Channels / Free Sport Stations 2015 Updated / Mbc2,mbc3,mbc4,mbc Action, Mbc Max,mbc Variety On 26°east.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.