Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) - Satellite TV Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) (68841 Views)

How To Connect Several Dishes To A Receiver Using Diseqc Switches / Maximize My Connections - See My 3 Dishes (pix Attached) / Connecting Up To 4 Dishes On One Decoder Using A Diseqc (pauxis) 4x1 switch. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by cantell(m): 8:41pm On Sep 16, 2010
spaceman:

@ Cantell
There is no satellite trackable by 2.4m angry
Im not sure u read the posts on this very page before asking this ?
Any way, see all the satellites posted by Sammu above.

Sorry,I asked the question the wrong way. what i wanted to ask was the satellites trackable with 2.4m dish apart from the ones listed by sammu.
sammu:

@cantell
all the satellites i posted are available on 2.4m dish and sats like nilesat, hot bird, eurobird will come on 2.4m
Thanks.
George_D:

cantell,
with a little bit of effort on your part, your 2.4m dish (if its solid)
can get all satellites listed above by sammu and even some more!
By solid, do you mean pan? if yes, i use strong 2.4m dish.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 11:29am On Sep 17, 2010
@Cantell, solid dish means pan or fibre dish
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:10pm On Sep 18, 2010
sammu,
thanks for helping cantell out.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by twinskenny(m): 10:48am On Sep 27, 2010
@sammu

please i will like to know if you will be available this weekend for a job @ my end, will call u to discuss the details

thanks
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by cantell(m): 6:22pm On Sep 29, 2010
@all,
pls i need to motorise my 2.4m strong dish and i do not know how to go about it.
can anyone show me the way to do it or pictures that might help?
i need to watch Nigerian channels(Ait,Channels)
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by GeorgeD1(m): 5:23pm On Oct 09, 2010
cantell,
have you been able to sell off your dstv smart card?
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by cantell(m): 5:28pm On Oct 09, 2010
George_D:

cantell,
have you been able to sell off your dstv smart card?
yes i did and now i regret selling the card.
I didn't even use the money i got from it to do what i wanted to do.
So sad.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by GeorgeD1(m): 6:57pm On Oct 09, 2010
ok, that was lucky of you. at least the september date didn't catch you napping.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by twinskenny(m): 9:05am On Oct 11, 2010
cantell:

yes i did and now i regret selling the card.
I didn't even use the money i got from it to do what i wanted to do.
So sad.

eyaa, so u wish u had the card back right?
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 11:02am On Oct 21, 2010
@all. I want to motorised 2.6m dish for max enjoyment.could any member residing around Ilesha assit me with this?
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olu9(m): 10:38pm On Oct 26, 2010
[b][/b]Pls. I want to know the necessary materia and the cost 4 the 1.8 motorized dish pls
And who know where they re selling it in IFE
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 2:18pm On Oct 28, 2010
@olu9, 1.8m dish with polar mount @ alaba is 9k. jack is 2k positioner is 2k

Or you buy a ground mount 1.8 strong dish for 8k and then construct the neck yourself.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olu9(m): 6:13pm On Oct 28, 2010
When i price it at ife, the man told me that 1.8m dish cost 15k he also said that it cant pick mush stations as that of 90cm dish.
Pls advice on what to do. If u can help me i would be grateful
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by guente02(m): 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2010
olu9:

When i price it at ife, the man told me that 1.8m dish cost 15k he also said that it cant pick mush stations as that of 90cm dish.
Pls advice on what to do. If u can help me i would be grateful
guy tel dat man say u no b maga. Hw can 180cm dish go 4 15k na madness abi na watin.
Well guy d truth is dat 180cm{1.8m} is betta dan 90cm both naw nd in d future and it goes 4 8k here in Sok Ceety wit ground mount {dnt knw abt polar mount sha}.
ADVICE: Get it and jack it {motorise} and u will enjoy xactly wat sammu is flexin.
Be a wise Nigerian Man.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by hadidas(m): 7:22am On Nov 02, 2010
@Thread owner where can i download software dat i will use to upgrade strong 4669x that will enable all infinity stations to voice out
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by bolyjay: 8:37am On Nov 02, 2010
@hadidas,check the all about multitv thread,you will surely find your answer there.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Ameboperoo(m): 10:54am On Nov 06, 2010
Sammu. Pls what limit would you advise for a 1.8m with the regular jack, with a three in 1 lnb setup and Is7/10 as my eastern limit?
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 1:57pm On Nov 11, 2010
@ameboperoo, sorry for late response. the answer is 37.5 west, where you have nss10c and telstar11n ku
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by freshp(m): 4:53pm On Nov 11, 2010
@ sammu,
pls i need to know why it is so hard for one to nail nss10c and telstar11n ku on a 2.4 m mesh dish?

i was able to nail Nta on 37.5owest but on going down i just cant hit green with nss10c.
pls help o.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 2:45pm On Nov 15, 2010
@freshp, polarity matters on motorised dish alot, sometime alternating btw v and h will do the magic.secondly, is your di-electric cband lnb prime focused or offset? the positioning/arrangement on the dish could be a possible cause, btw i think nta is at 27w and 37w.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by bolyjay: 8:25am On Nov 25, 2010
pls.gurus in the house which position will my dish face if i want to attach jack.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 10:00am On Nov 25, 2010
@bolyjay, for us in naija attach your jack when your dish is facing east. So that your dish can move from east to west. Movement should be from 78east to 37.5west.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Salehgambo(m): 11:29pm On Nov 25, 2010
@sammu tanx 4 good work
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by olu9(m): 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2010
Guys tank u 4 ur helps so far, it has really help me alot. Pls, i want to know the price of the jack to motorize 100cm dish.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by versace400(m): 9:30am On Dec 01, 2010
Pls@all,i need to buy 3m pan/fibre dish,am tired of dis small small dish.Pls i need some1 to give me price for d new/fairly used for 3m pan/fibre and its acesories and d nearest place place to see it buy.Am in abeokuta.Pls include d price for d motorising acesories too cos am planning to motorise it once and 4 all.Thanks
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by twinskenny(m): 10:50am On Dec 01, 2010
versace400:

Pls@all,i need to buy 3m pan/fibre dish,am tired of dis small small dish.Pls i need some1 to give me price for d new/fairly used for 3m pan/fibre and its acesories and d nearest place place to see it buy.Am in abeokuta.Pls include d price for d motorising acesories too cos am planning to motorise it once and 4 all.Thanks

give me a call 08051355133
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 2:31pm On Jan 12, 2011
new channel update
Arabsat 5a@ 30 e. C BAND
Hossana tv 3795 R/V 1200 Muvi tv & african unite tv 3804 R/V 1795

Astra4 a(Sirius4) @ 4 :8 e ku band Ofive tv (music), france 24 english 12605 v 29950

Arabsat 2 b@20 e C BAND 3893 R/V 4800
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sathob(m): 8:03pm On Jan 12, 2011
@All
Happy new year to all. My concern for this lovely cyber home and recent events on the previous and current pages prick me so hard that I wish to call for a SECOND moderator to assist Twinstaiye.

One thing that has also kept Africa in the dark age is the refusal for us to observe and respect the law (rules that govern our society) and applying the penalties when they are broken. Relating this to where i call my cyber home (sat. tech thread on nairaland) lots have happened and gone either unnoticed or ignored.
I know some of the offence are deliberate and other are committed ignorantly.

OK! Just read the following rules outlined and examine where it applies to us

MISCELLANEOUS
- You may not bully a fellow Nairalander. This applied to old members too. Violation -> ban.
- Illegal actions are strictly prohibited. This includes piracy, cracking e.g. creating and distributing trojans and viruses, browsing cheats, etc. Nairaland must not be used to break the law
- You may not post a link or an advert or any topic more than once
- The use of multiple accounts without explicit permission of the forum administrator(s) is prohibited.
- Manual signatures inserted in the body of posts are not allowed. Use the forum profile to insert signatures.
- Affiliate links, questionable investment schemes, MLM, HYIP, & get-rich-quick schemes are not allowed.
- Disturbing, disgusting, or irritating pictures are not allowed. Violation attracts a very harsh ban.
- It is a grievous offence to announce the death of a Nairaland member on the forum without the admin's explicit approval
- Animated signatures, moving signatures, or image signatures more than 20 pixels tall are forbidden.
- The location in your profile must be the country, state or town you currenty live in - if you're active.
- The invasion of another user's privacy is now strictly prohibited - example: posting a lady's full name.
- Any attempt to bypass the word censor is AGAINST forum rules and will warrant a ban.
- Avoid posting using all capital letters, not only are capital letters difficult to read but they are associated with shouting and considered rude.
- Thou shalt not deliberately post false information.

a typical eg. of the bold text in red is when enitan and badaru's pix were posted here, poster went unpunished

and the bold text in blue color is very obvious in recent times

Now check this one too

NO PERSONAL ATTACKS OR PUBLIC FIGHTS[/font]

Nairaland is a discussion forum, and it is inevitable that disagreements with crop up from time to time. Please be nice and respectful to other members at all times and do not resort to personal attacks, false accusations, name-calling, and other unproductive forms of communication. If you are upset with another member of the forum you must settle the fight outside the forum. You must not carry out any 'fights' on the open forum. 'Fights' are not allowed.

I once ignorantly posted a question in the file section in one of the foreign sat forums, and within the next 10 mins my post has been deleted with a reason. I contacted the moderator by pm and he accordingly replied with a link where the post belong.

I will also suggest that these abuses be reported to the moderator since he might not be in the position to see every single post made here.

I strongly, request that a reliable person is voted to assist the moderator and this person will be assigned the responsibility of enforcing the laws that govern this house. George, fofo microgiant etc

correct my errors.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Ibaku(m): 8:22am On Jan 15, 2011
Sammu kindly educate me on how to set d east and west limit of a jack. Thanks.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by sammu(m): 1:38pm On Jan 15, 2011
@ibaku, there are 2 ways of setting the limit of a jack.
1. On the jack itself, open the bottom cover and look carefully inside, you will see a small black plastic with 2 tiny switches and close to this is a circular knob. Now drive your dish/jack to the desired limit and adjust the knob to shut the jack off.
So anytime it reaches this point, the jack stops automatically.
2. The jack/dish positioner has in-built east-west limit switch. The steps are in the manual.
Hope this helps.
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 7:38pm On Jan 16, 2011
@all, I'm installing my 3m fibre dish this week.All the accessories don dey on ground.I'm going to say byebye to small dish.I cant wait for my 3m fibre dish to come, maximum enjoyment grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Motorising Big Dishes (1.8meters And Above) by twinskenny(m): 8:05pm On Jan 16, 2011
Akerekoroabijawara:

@all, I'm installing my 3m fibre dish this week.All the accessories don dey on ground.I'm going to say byebye to small dish.I cant wait for my 3m fibre dish to come, maximum enjoyment grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

here you go, motorise the damn thing for maximum enjoyment, congrat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

40+ Free Channels- Watch All Nigerian Church Tv Channels / Free Sport Stations 2015 Updated / Mbc2,mbc3,mbc4,mbc Action, Mbc Max,mbc Variety On 26°east.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.