Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Saved By Amnesia - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Saved By Amnesia (64427 Views)

Wretched But Saved / Saved By The Twinkle Of Her Eyes / Saved By Sin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 2:38pm On May 29, 2018
Opinion polls 2

Most of you are waiting for Lagos in seven days, my sincerest apologies. It will not be published on nairaland, or wattpad either.

When the book is completed, I'll let you know where to get it.

I do have four books I'm trying to work on for nairaland and wattpad too.

So anticipate.

#Grace, it will be dropping in a few minutes

3 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 3:00pm On May 29, 2018
Thanks for the update.
I am starting to like sotonye, he might be wicked but he seems soft at heart.
I just like Roselyn/Tarila, i don't know why sha... Kudos, see the way you proved all of us wrong we thought Vanessa was Tarila.
@Lies from pretty lips : i like Wale, no reason sha... @love no inhibition, i hate Mariam, she is a back stabbing bitch.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 29, 2018
Thank you so much
chivera018:
Thanks for the update.

I am starting to like sotonye, he might be wicked but he seems soft at heart.

I just like Roselyn/Tarila, i don't know why sha...
Kudos, see the way you proved all of us wrong we thought Vanessa was Tarila.

@Lies from pretty lips : i like Wale, no reason sha...
@love no inhibition, i hate Mariam, she is a back stabbing bitch.

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Ann2012(f): 3:17pm On May 29, 2018
Thanks for the updates ma'am

1. I like Judah for loving Aliya and protecting her
2. Aliya, despite all odds she survived
3. Tare, he's obsessed
4. Mariam, she's a two faced bitch
5. Princess, I just don't like her
6. Lies from pretty lips

2 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Toeyean1507(f): 3:30pm On May 29, 2018
Thanks for this millionderful updates. U really did justice to d long break. The twists were really unexpected.
As for d polls,
1.i will pick Wale. His characters depicts d fact that a player can be played and badly too.
2. Arin is my best. Words aren't enough to describe her personality. Do people like her exist?
3. Tare and Sotonye's parents. Parenting is not all about birthing. They did a bad job in raising this duo.
4. Aliyah. I can't fathom why someone has to be dat dumb. Well, I dint get to finish d story so wouldn't know if she finally got it right but even at that, she too "rindin".
5. None for me and
6. Both saved by amnesia and Lies from pretty lips.

3 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Arom21(f): 5:28pm On May 29, 2018
Thanks for the update... The suspense was waaaaaoh...
Pls what are the title of the other two books.
I love Roselyn /Tarila
I hated Soty at first but now Tare
Liking Soty
I do not like princess at all

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by PraisesG(f): 5:30pm On May 29, 2018
InkPaperVodka:
This book will be ending soon
It's been dragging on too long, I want to say sorry for the delay and Thanks for your patience, questions and feedbacks. Despite the typos, delay and errors, you've kept on reading.
Thanks a lot.

Opinion polls!!!!

#1 out of all my three books, who's your favorite male character and why? Wale

#2 your favorite female character and why? Anita,blunt.

#3 most hated male character and why? Osaze,monster.Sotonye,heart less.

#4 most hated female character and why? Vanesa,vengeful. Arinola,foolish.

#5 most odd character, why? Alfred, Latoya.

#6 favorite book out of the three.still waiting.

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by PraisesG(f): 5:36pm On May 29, 2018
InkPaperVodka:
Opinion polls 2

Most of you are waiting for Lagos in seven days, my sincerest apologies. It will not be published on nairaland, or wattpad either.

When the book is completed, I'll let you know where to get it.

I do have four books I'm trying to work on for nairaland and wattpad too.

So anticipate.

#Grace, it will be dropping in a few minutes
Please do something, outside abuse of women through domestic or on bed.

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Olawale118(m): 6:39pm On May 29, 2018
InkPaperVodka:
This book will be ending soon
It's been dragging on too long, I want to say sorry for the delay and Thanks for your patience, questions and feedbacks. Despite the typos, delay and errors, you've kept on reading.
Thanks a lot.

Opinion polls!!!!

#1 out of all my three books, who's your favorite male character and why?

#2 your favorite female character and why?

#3 most hated male character and why?

#4 most hated female character and why?

#5 most odd character, why?

#6 favorite book out of the three.
1. Adewale (lies from pretty lips) He's cool
2. Aarinola (lies from pretty lips) She's sophisticated and pretty
3. Sotonye (saved by amnesia) He's a tyrant
4. Mariam (love, no inhibitions) she's a devil
5. Kwese (love no inhibitions) only moved by money
6. Lies from pretty lips... I've read it thrice already

2 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Noblefirstlady: 10:33pm On May 29, 2018
Does this means that soty will go Scott free for all the atrocities he committed? He is even more wicked than his brother to me. but the way the story is going he has become the saint.
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 12:13am On May 30, 2018
The names of the other books are lies from pretty lips and love no inhibitions. They were removed from nairaland so you can only get them on www.wattpad.com
Arom21:
Thanks for the update... The suspense was waaaaaoh...
Pls what are the title of the other two books.
I love Roselyn /Tarila
I hated Soty at first but now Tare
Liking Soty
I do not like princess at all

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 12:16am On May 30, 2018
Why do you think the book was named saved by amnesia,

Noblefirstlady:
Does this means that soty will go Scott free for all the atrocities he committed? He is even more wicked than his brother to me. but the way the story is going he has become the saint.
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Noblefirstlady: 9:02am On May 30, 2018
[quote author=InkPaperVodka oh I get it now.but don't you think soty's wickedness is just too much? he punched out four babies remember.how can he be saved just like that, what happened to the law of karma.wait a minute why the thing da pain me like say no b story. Believe me I am heartbroken.

2 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by arthur16(m): 9:31am On May 30, 2018
The characters are just annoying me... Tarila is stupid, soty wouldn't be nice if not for de accident, vena can't say because are role is not clear yet, princess nah she is selfish, tare is obsessed... So my favorite is queen cause is is straight forward... Thanks for de updates nne

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by bimberry1307(f): 11:06am On May 30, 2018
I think sontoye should pay for all the things he put the two sisters through. I'll love Roselyn/Tarila to end up with tare, he really loved the girl. princess, I don't know what to say about that one, she's been a bitch all through. I love Queen's character, despite the fact that princess is her sister, she doesn't take her side even though she had her own reasons too. lies from pretty lips, I love that story. well done, inkpapervodka.

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 30, 2018
smiley Thanks.
bimberry1307:
I think sontoye should pay for all the things he put the two sisters through. I'll love Roselyn/Tarila to end up with tare, he really loved the girl. princess, I don't know what to say about that one, she's been a bitch all through. I love Queen's character, despite the fact that princess is her sister, she doesn't take her side even though she had her own reasons too. lies from pretty lips, I love that story. well done, inkpapervodka.
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Gloriagee(f): 1:48pm On May 30, 2018
U write WELL!!!

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 30, 2018
Chapter 12

Alfred

"Is it just me or have you been acting unnecessarily odd since we got back to Lagos?" I smiled at Vanessa.

"Everything is fine, I'm just trying to get over everything that happened. I miss you " she said putting her arms around me.

"I miss you too but you've been the one avoiding me, Vanessa I'm sorry about Abuja. I should never have brought you to that disaster" I sighed.

"Don't apologize, Abuja was an eye opener for both us. I've realized that I can't do this 'us' anymore" She said.

"Vanessa what are you talking about? We've been doing good together, I hoped that when we got back we could get engaged. I love you, and I trust you, what's the problem Nessa?" I asked her cupping her face.

"I'm sorry but this cannot work anymore, you have to leave now. It's for the best" Vanessa said coldly switching back to her shell.

I wanted to say something when I heard an angry voice calling. "Vanessa!" we both turned towards the lounge.

Mr Dike's face was a mask of fury as he walked into the living room.

"Dad, what's the matter?" She asked immediately.

"What's the nonsense you're trying to do, your sister just called. Apparently Tari has been in the country for months and you didn't tell me!" Her father shouted.

I looked at Vanessa who had grown pale and cold. Wait a minute, did he just say Tari?

"I would have told you Father but Roselyn didn't want to see you yet" Vanessa replied.

Roselyn? Tari! Of course, everything was suddenly starting to make sense now.

"Didn't want to see me or you didn't think it was appropriate for your plans" Mr Dike said coming closer.

"What are you talking about Dad, whatever Rose has told you....it's not true." Vanessa said.

I tried to read her expression but her face was a mask.

"It's not true that you have been plotting against Sotonye. You want to ruin his business and engagement?" Mr Dike asked.

"What?!" I looked at Vanessa closely now.

"You asked your sister to help you with your stupid, ridiculous plans. Why Vanessa? I thought I raised you better!" her father looked hurt.

"Dad you don't understand?" her voice broke.

"Your mother would be so disappointed, I'm disappointed. You would try to hurt an innocent man!" her father said.

"He's hardly innocent, Sotonye is a terrible person!" Vanessa yelled.

"What did he do to you, you told me years back that the both of you parted amicably. Did you lie to me?" Mr Dike asked.

A tear slipped a little from her eyes and she nodded. "He took everything from me" She whispered.

"That's why your business failed?" he asked.

"Yes...he did terrible things Dad. He did bad things to Tarila too!" Vanessa said.

I watched the scene in front of me quietly, the both of them had forgotten my presence in the room.

"Your sister has forgiven him, won't you do the same Vanessa?" Mr Dike asked.

"I would....but it's a little too late for that. There's a probability that he might be dead now as we speak" Vanessa whispered.

Mr Dike gasped "What did you do?" I asked her grabbing her arm.

"Sotonye has left for Lagos, he's going to look for Roselyn. When he finds her, he will find Tare too. And Tare will kill him immediately" Vanessa replied.

"Who is this Tare?" Mr Dike asked.

"Someone who wants to hurt Sotonye badly too" she replied.

"My God... When did Sotonye leave?" I asked.

"He took a plane last night, he must either be on his way to Tare's house or dead... " Vanessa responded.

"Let's waste no time, I'll contact someone who can help" I said reaching into my pocket. Queen was still in Abuja, maybe she can help.

"As for you Vanessa, we're going to have a long talk" Mr Dike said.

Good. Vanessa needs someone to talk sense into her and when her father is done, she and I are going to talk too.

6 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 30, 2018
smiley Thanks dear, I try
Gloriagee:
U write WELL!!!
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 30, 2018
Nice update.

Well done InkPaperVodka.
I hope nothing happens to Sotonye.

3 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by chisiudeh: 3:01pm On May 30, 2018
Why is soty receiving this penance so early. He ought to have gotten some beating to juggle his memory a bit so he can know what it feels like to be on the receiving end.

Nice update ojarey. Kwantinu the good job.
By the way I'm not in support of assault or battery in any form .

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 30, 2018
Sotonye

"Madam and oga no dey o" The gate man told me. Before I'd left Lagos, Vanessa had given me the address to my brother's house telling me I'd find the truth in her words there.

I don't believe that Roselyn was lying when she said she loves me, I looked into those eyes different times and I saw her words were true. But there are some truths in Vanessa's statements too, and my mother has assured me that I can trust Tari. It's hard to believe that Vanessa is Tari, or that the woman I've spent time hating did everything she did in my best interest.

"So where are they?" I asked.

He shrugged "Oga no well, madam carry am go doctor" he replied.

"Okay" I nodded and turned away from the gate to go back to my car.

"Oga I fit drop message for you o" The gate man shouted after me.

"No need for that, I'll come back to check on them. Thank" I said and left.

If Vanessa is indeed right, them I'm not sure that's I'll ever forgive Roselyn. I don't know what to think when it comes to Roselyn.

I tried not to get distracted as I drove home, tomorrow I'll go to Tare's place again. Hopefully he and Rose will be in the house and we'll sort out whatever the problem is.

The door wasn't locked when I got to the front door but I wasn't surprised. Princess still had the key, she was still packing her things away.

"Princess" I called entering the house. I looked around, there was no sign of her. Everything was in order the way I left it.

"Hello lover" I heard a chilly voice, I turned and saw Princess.

"Still packing your things?" I asked going to the refrigerator in the kitchen.

"Yes, since you don't want me back" she pouted a little.

"Are you drunk?" there was something unsteady about her. I don't know how princess managed to fool me from the beginning, everything she did was an act. She's a lying, scheming woman.

"Well... I needed alcohol power for what I'm about to do" She cocked her head to the side.

"What's that?" I asked.

"You don't want me? That's fine. But if I can't have you then your bloody precious Roselyn can't. I was going to leave this for your brother to handle but he's been unreachable for a while. I'm impatient, so I'll take matters into my own hands" She brought out a gun from behind her.

"Princess, don't do this?" I moved back a bit.

"Do what? You should have died years back, instead you lost your memory. Our plans failed, you found out I was working with your brother and ended our relationship. Sent me away, and decided to go back to your bloody wife. Funny enough the same thing is happening again but this time your fate will be worse than amnesia. I'm not a murderer, I won't kill you. Before they find you, it'll be too late. I'll be long gone..." she chuckled.

"Princess, put down the gun. Let's talk" I begged.

"Talk? that's all I've been wanting to do but you wouldn't listen to me. I've been protecting you from Tare all these years, And now your Tarila is back. You want her back, as usual" She hissed.

"What are you talking about, I don't want Vanessa" I frowned.

"You fool, I know that. You don't know, do you?" she chuckled.

"What?" I asked.

"Roselyn is Tarila" she cocked the gun at me and fired.

Roselyn is Tarila.....

4 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 30, 2018
smiley I understand, thanks a lot
chisiudeh:
Why is soty receiving this penance so early. He ought to have gotten some beating to juggle his memory a bit so he can know what it feels like to be on the receiving end.

Nice update ojarey. Kwantinu the good job.
By the way I'm not in support of assault or battery in any form .
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 30, 2018
cryPlease don't let sotonye die ooo...;( ;(

2 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 3:51pm On May 30, 2018
Tare

I tried not to look at my mother's face, the disappointment or disdain on her face as she looked at her good for nothing son.

"Oh you have no idea how much I've missed you. Why have you been avoiding me Tare? I'm your mother" she lifted my face to her gaze.

There was nothing but tears on her face and she looked like she was happy and sad at the same time.

"I didn't want you to see the kind of person I turned out to be" I looked away frowning.

"Anyway you turn out, you're my flesh and blood. Tare I love you, you're my son" she said.

"It was only Sotonye whom you showed love mom, you and dad. When Dad died, you made Sotonye king of the house. Sotonye did no wrong, Sotonye was your favorite. You let him decide our future!" I said harshly. It was the truth, the one thing I wanted for myself.....she let him take it.

"I'm sorry, when your father died. There were debts to be paid, I threw myself into business. You and Layefa needed a father figure so I turned to my eldest son. It was the only option, Sotonye left his duties and came back to look after the two of you" My mother said.

"Sotonye was hardly a father figure" I scoffed. He was hard hearted and worse than our father, I wonder what Tari sees in him.

"I had no idea you loved Tari that way, Sotonye told me a few things and I went along with his decisions. I'm sorry, everything is my fault" my mother sobbed.

"It's not your fault, it's not your fault at all. I had the choice to be different but I decided to end up like father and Sotonye, it's my own fault. I'm sorry, I will turn a new leaf" I promised.

"I love you" my mother hugged me. "I'm so proud of you" she said.

The door flew open and Tari walked in. Her face looked swollen, wet with tears and her eyes were red.

"What have you done?" she looked straight at me.

I pulled away from my mother who also looked at Tari.

"Tari what's the matter?" she asked.

Tari turned to my mother "The moment I released you and gave you your phone, you wasted no time calling your goons didn't you?" she asked.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Don't pretend you animal, you sent your goons over to the house to kill him. I just spoke to Vanessa, I know you're responsible for this and you will pay for it" Tari said.

"Tari, Tare has done no such thing" my heart swelled at my mother's defense.

"if he didn't, then who?!" Tari shouted.

"Princess" I muttered bitterly, she must have been the one.

"I'll go find her, don't worry. Where is Sotonye?" I asked.

"He's at the hospital, he's barely alive" she said.

"You and my mom should be there, I'll go find Princess" I said.

Tari nodded "You make sure you get that bïtch!" Tari spat.

I nodded before picking up my phone, I dialed Brazil as I walked out of the door.

4 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Gloriagee(f): 4:04pm On May 30, 2018
U definitely do kiss

InkPaperVodka:
smiley Thanks dear, I try

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by skubido(m): 4:06pm On May 30, 2018
Tanks a lot for the update. God bless
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 30, 2018
Two weeks later

Roselyn

"How is he?" Vanessa asked coming to sit beside me.

"He's fine, at least that's what the doctor's say. He's still unconscious though" I said resting my head on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry" she muttered.

"It's not your fault, I shouldn't have left Sotonye that day at the hospital don't you think? Maybe all these could have been prevented" I turned to look at Vanessa.

My eyes strayed to her hand but I didn't see her engagement ring. She and Alfred had gotten engaged a week ago.

"I doubt it would have made a difference, I'm sorry Sotonye. I've hated him for so long but now I just feel terrible" She said.

"I hated him too for a while, but then. I love him more, I've always..." I stopped.

Vanessa nodded "You two deserve each other. He's a changed man now, I forgive him" She said.

"You know you can wear your ring around me, I'm happy for you" I looked at her hand.

"I just don't want to remind you of what you've lost. I don't want to cause you more grief, Alfred and I won't be getting married till Sotonye gets better" Vanessa.

"Don't do that, Sotonye is alive. All hope is not lost. Princess won't hurt him anymore, she's in jail. Tare is repentant and you're happy. I'm happy for you too, after this trauma we deserve some good news. You and Alfred should go ahead with the wedding plans" I said.

"It's too soon anyways" Vanessa said. I nodded.

If Queen hadn't seen Sotonye when she did, he'd be dead. Six bullets, Princess had fired mostly at his knees. The damages were much but there's still hope.

Everything will be fine when he wakes up. Part of me is scared that he might recover his memory when he wakes up, and he'd change again. I don't tell anyone that though, I keep my thoughts to myself.

"How is Tare?" Vanessa asked.

"He's fine, he feels guilty as hell but he's doing okay. If he hadn't hired princess in the first place, she wouldn't have been in Soty's life" I shook my head.

"We'll be fine, Sotonye will get better. Don't worry, you should get some sleep" Vanessa nudged me.

I sighed and nuzzled closer, she's right. The worst is over, everything will be fine.

2 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 30, 2018
Roselyn

"He's awake, he's a little weak but he's awake. I suggest you all don't crowd him yet, one at a time okay?" Doctor Henry said with a small smile.

"Thank Goodness, I had a dream that he woke up last night" Mrs Williams raised her hands up and waved with her eyes closed.

Tare got up and turned towards me, he looked scruffy. Had bags underneath his eyes and his eyes were red, like he hadn't slept for days.

"You should see him first Tari, I'm sure he'd one to see you" he muttered.

"Thanks" I nodded before walking into Sotonye's ward.

He looked lean and Pale, not his usual self and his eyes were still closed.

"Soty" I muttered sitting beside his bed before taking his hand.

His eyes opened and he looked at me and smiled weakly before frowning again.

"You don't look well... " he said still frowning.

"We were all worried about you, but you're awake now. That's good, how do feel?" I asked leaning closer.

"Dead" he mumbled.

"Don't say that, you're alive. That's all that matters" I said.

"Why are you doing this Tari? I've been nothing but terrible to you, I don't deserve you and your kindness" he said.

"Don't say that, it doesn't matter what you did in the past. You're a changed person now" I said.

He pulled his hand away and shook his head. "I hit you, I called you names, I can't forget that. Looking at you now, I see Tari. Despite this new face, I can see everything I did to you" He said.

"You'll forget it, I have" I took his hand again.

"I won't....i won't forget it. I can't, seeing you will only remind me. You have to leave me Tari, I can't be with you knowing what I've done to you. I look at you and I see tears streaming down your innocent face....it hurts" he said.

"It will pass, we'll make new memories" I said.

"He will treat you better, you were never mine. I took you from him, but he's back now" Sotonye looked at the door. I know he was referring to Tare.

"I never loved him, it has always been you" I said.

He shook his head "Think about it, Roselyn. It was only infatuation, and now....you think you love me but you don't. Tare would have never hit you, you were with the wrong brother but now I can change that" he took my other hand.

"I know he loves you, the things he did....he did for love" he said.

"You expect me to be with your brother?" I asked.

He nodded "Please...."

"I can't....even if you don't love me. I can't go to Tare, I don't love him" I said.

"Have you ever tried loving him?" he asked.

"Sotonye...i will check on you later" I got up from my seat.

"Goodbye Tari, you're a good woman. I won't forget you" he said closing his eyes.

Why does he sound like he's leaving me?

9 Likes

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Ruqayaharik(f): 5:06pm On May 30, 2018
Thanks for the update. More ink to your pen.

1 Like

Re: Saved By Amnesia by Nobody: 5:47pm On May 30, 2018
wink more vodka too
Ruqayaharik:
Thanks for the update. More ink to your pen.
Re: Saved By Amnesia by Temperance7(f): 6:10pm On May 30, 2018
InkpaperVodka, you are awesome. I love the way you update, might not be everyday, but when you do, it's a bomb back to back.

I always saw this story Saved by amnesia and bypassed it severally. But the day I tried it, I had maximum respect for you. More vodka to your pen, lol grin grin grin

I'm so checking your other works on wattpad. Keep up the good work dear. You just got yourself a loyal follower. Thankzzz

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Oretunlewa Soyinka Marries Nneka Ekechukwu, Igbo Girl (Pre-Wedding Photos) / Of All The Girls In Lagos (story By John Spurgeon) / 'my Names Are', Or 'my Name Is'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.