Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. (35693 Views)

How I Reconcile With My Phone Engineer / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / I Beat My Wife. What Would You Have Done Differently In My Situation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by Mariangeles(f): 10:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
missbronze:
For christ's sake, this is marriage we are talking about. You dont expect him to throw his marriage away just like that. You fix things not throw it away.

If everybody keeps moving on like you adviced.., what do you think will be fate of marriages?

I give op kudos for thinking of reconcilation. Divorce should never be an option in marriage. You work things out with all you have untill your partner says No.
The op is a very proud man with no affection!
If his own side of the story is like this, now imagine what his wife would have gone through

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by immortal145: 10:55pm On Apr 09, 2018
both of u were not mature for marriage before marriage...marriage is no end-game...i keep telling people...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by Deprofessional(m): 10:56pm On Apr 09, 2018
Pipedreams:

African mentality...U care about your image to society I doubt you really love ur wife..Fake smiles to the public eyes then die inside the house...shior. I'm sure our from Anambra. Nmayi si

I love my wife beyond words. I won't allow pride to destroy my marriage.

Yes, my image in the society matters to me. I'm not a mad man. Mad men don't consider their image to the society.

In my next life, I still want to be married to my beautiful wife who is endowed with a spirit of forgiveness.

My woman always tell me that my humility sweeps her off her feet.

I'm from Abia state bro. We don't joke with our women.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by chelsea1116(m): 10:57pm On Apr 09, 2018
If u guys got married sept or oct last yr and ur name is Tunde and ur wife's familiy stays in enugu
Den indicate cos i myt b able to help...

1 Like

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 10:58pm On Apr 09, 2018
Lexusgs430:

They really do..... They simply add petrol to the burning fire, rather than look at burning issues, they start quoting scriptures and expect the woman to succumb.......
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 09, 2018
missbronze:
For christ's sake, this is marriage we are talking about. You dont expect him to throw his marriage away just like that. You fix things not throw it away.

If everybody keeps moving on like you adviced.., what do you think will be fate of marriages?

I give op kudos for thinking of reconcilation. Divorce should never be an option in marriage. You work things out with all you have untill your partner says No.

So what it’s marriage?

He doesn’t deserve to be happy in his life? Continue to be an emotional footwear to a basically stranger?

Waste of complete time after 4 months.

1 Like

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by heendrix(m): 10:59pm On Apr 09, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Is she willing to reconcile? Has any of you stretched out the olive branch previously? Do you have any kids? Has any external family members/3rd party person tried to intervene? Do you have kids? Have you supported your kids or her during this period (assuming you have and they are with her)? Do you have kids Has either of you worked on your communication skills and inter-personal relationship skills? Have you/her sought counselling (not from a pastor or imam, but a professional councellor)?

guy which one be ur own na angry

if hin nor get kids na you wan give am angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by Nobody: 10:59pm On Apr 09, 2018
Deprofessional:

I love my wife beyond words. I won't allow pride to destroy my marriage.

Yes, my image in the society matters to me. I'm not a mad man. Mad men don't consider their image to the society.

In my next life, I still want to be married to my beautiful wife who is endowed with a spirit of forgiveness.

My woman always tell me that my humility sweeps her off her feet.

I'm from Abia state bro. We don't joke with our women.

Tell that to the birds. We know how e dey go..Ur type can die in silence in an abusive relationship then kaput in silence also just in the name of a silly image to protect

8 Likes

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Apr 09, 2018
KOPT33:

Who said things cannot be thrown away?

Marriage is a social construct and can be done away with, any time anyday.
Each to his/her own.

What you belive in.., is what works for you.

But, in this case, op wants his marriage back. Lets advice him in line with that.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by Nobody: 11:02pm On Apr 09, 2018
missbronze:
Each to his/her own.

What you belive in.., is what works for you.

But, in this case, op wants his marriage back. Lets advice him in line with that.

Why didnt the wife call? She is not submissive and humble. My two cents. OP If u call that lady, her and her family will insult and laugh hard at your silly ass. After all the gra gra na u come beg. This will give her the upper hand to insult you at will in future after all she will say she dey her papa house jejely dey enjoy and na u come disturb am with ur begging. If that woman is ur God given wife 3days will not pass she will call you and be begging and crying even if you were wrong. Men are created to be worshiped by their wives and their ego massaged. she is prideful or shagging another man. ur a man..Men arent weak. Man up boy!!!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by heendrix(m): 11:02pm On Apr 09, 2018
EgunMogaji:

So what it’s marriage?

He doesn’t deserve to be happy in his life? Continue to be an emotional footwear to a basically stranger?

oga goan sit down jare....weytin you sabi

if you Even ask him either he has a GF,No angry

5 Likes

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by heendrix(m): 11:05pm On Apr 09, 2018
Pipedreams:

Why didnt the wife call? She is not submissive and humble. My two cents. OP If u call that lady her and her family will insult and laugh hard at you. Your a man..Men arent weak. Man up boy!!!

you yourself should man up and grow up. dicky angry

17 Likes

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 09, 2018
EgunMogaji:

So what it’s marriage?

Yea, waste of time you called it, yet, he still wants that marriage back.?

His marriage is making him unhappy according to you.., yet, he still wants it back.

Shoudnt we advice him in line with what he wants? why ask him to let go?

8 Likes

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by Deprofessional(m): 11:05pm On Apr 09, 2018
Pipedreams:

Tell that to the birds. We know how e dey go..Ur type can die in silence in an abusive relationship then kaput in silence also just in the name of a silly image to protect

Guy believe me, if you don't change your attitude and orientation, it will be difficult for you to live with any woman, even an angel.

Please, I advice you to consider making new friends. Your present friends are a bad influence on you.

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 09, 2018
heendrix:

oga goan sit down jare....weytin you sabi

if you Even ask him either he has a GF,No angry

I considered your request but sadly will have to decline.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by Lexusgs430: 11:06pm On Apr 09, 2018
heendrix:

guy which one be ur own na angry

if hin nor get kids na you wan give am angry

Nah as the matter chop me for body, my keypad take do repetition............
Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 09, 2018
Pipedreams:

Why didnt the wife call? She is not submissive and humble. My two cents. OP If u call that lady, her and her family will insult and laugh hard at your silly ass. After all the gra gra na u come beg. This will give her the upper hand to insult you at will in future afterall she will say she dey her papa house jejely dey enjoy and na u come disturb am with ur begging. If that woman is ur God given wife 3days will not pass she will call you and be begging and crying. she is prideful or shagging another man. ur a man..Men arent weak. Man up boy!!!
Seriously, what i see in you is Ego.

19 Likes

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 09, 2018
missbronze:
Yea, waste of time you called it, yet, he still wants that marriage back.?

His marriage is making him unhappy according to you.., yet, he still wants it back.

Shoudnt we advice him in line with what he wants? why ask him to let go?

He directly asked for my opinion and I obliged.

If OP is aged enough to be married then he can read all of our individual opinions and select one that matches his own ideology.

I say again, if the OP goes back into this fractured relationship then all he’s doing is setting up deck chairs on the titanic.

6 Likes

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by babra19: 11:10pm On Apr 09, 2018
doreto:
We are presently separated for 4 months with no contact/communication.The separation was not related to trust issues,but miscommunication,insults and the likes,no violence.

While I am in a great place emotionally,I want to attempt to reconcile our relationship.

I need ideas.Is it possible? If it is,has any one here seen a case of reconciliation after a deep marital separation? Please share with me.

Thanks.
You are the head of the family
take a bold step and reconcile with your wife
take her out to a cool and quiet place and discuss how to stay married
The both of you should find out things you all disagree on and stop
after the reconciliation visit both families for apologies.
Good luck.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by Nobody: 11:10pm On Apr 09, 2018
Deprofessional:

Guy believe me, if you don't change your attitude and orientation, it will be difficult for you to live with any woman, even an angel.

Please, I advice you to consider making new friends. Your present friends are a bad influence on you.

F**K off man boy!

4 Likes

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Apr 09, 2018
EgunMogaji:

If OP is aged enough to be married then he can read all of our individual opinions and select one that matches his own ideology.

I say again, if the OP goes back into this fractured relationship then all he’s doing is setting up deck chairs on the titanic.

Oh wise Egunmogaji! He is arranging a pack of cards in a tornado

3 Likes

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
Pipedreams:

Oh wise Egunmogaji! He is arranging a pack of cards in a tornado

4 months as a female free agent in that your Naija? And pissed off at her husband too? The one that she already used abusive words on?

Okay o.

I won’t take that bet in Vegas, not even while drunk grin

4 Likes

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by GrammarCheck: 11:16pm On Apr 09, 2018
doreto:

Wow! Wisdom in one post.

EgunMogaji,always succinct.

Call her, 4 words. I Still Love You and see how everything will fall into place. She's a woman. You have to woo her all over again

4 Likes

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by Moboj: 11:17pm On Apr 09, 2018
Pipedreams:

F**K off man boy!
Your type doesn't deserve any lady saying I do with that ego of yours,you'll just turn them all into divorcee's Smh,you better work on yourself

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 09, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Nope. He asked your opinion on how to reconcile with his wife. He didnt ask you if "he should reconcile with his wife".

"factured relationship" you called it? because of seperation of 4months?

What of those that are seprated for yrs and still come back together?

What of ex's that go their seprate ways for yrs and still come back to get married?

Did it ever occur to you all this while they are seprated.., they might have done self examination and realise where they erred against each other? and willing to make ammendment.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by ashjay001(m): 11:20pm On Apr 09, 2018
Deprofessional:
Immediately after my wedding 7 years ago, my mother called me one night and gave me a piece of advice that has kept me a happily married man.

My mother told me never to allow any problem or disagreement with my wife to linger for a long time.

She told me that I should always make a move to reconcile with my wife even if she is the one at fault.

According to my mother, people will see me as not capable of holding my family together if my marriage fails.

There are times I will shout, scold and use bad words on my wife, but before the next day, I will make reconciliation moves. I will apologize, kiss and even make love to her.

With this strategy, my family lives in happiness.

What works for my family may not work for yours.

But from your post I can see ego and pride in you. Nothing kill marriage like ego and pride.

And please don't ever think that the next woman is better than your wife.

U married a wonderful woman. Imagine her, not reciprocating ur peace moves?

@doreto, since u can't accept ur marriage has failed, then, u should be able to take d first step, towards recooncilation. Just know, u might have to always be d pacifier, for d rest of ur marriage.

@pipedream, u're lucky, u don't av kids. Since u can live with urself, iya won! Just end d whole shebang, officially. Some mofos won't leave well enough, alone. Women can be so petty.angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by luminouz(m): 11:21pm On Apr 09, 2018
Mariangeles:
Nothing kills a relationship faster than lack of communication.
Lack of communication kills connection between spouses...I wouldn't want to be reconciled with you if I were your wife!

Modified: You couldn't even take charge of your relationship as a man!

U have said nothing sensible! Please shût up n stop being sentimental!!!

7 Likes

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 09, 2018
missbronze:
Nope. He asked your opinion on how to reconcile with his wife. He didnt ask you if "he should reconcile with his wife".

"factured relationship" you called it? because of seperation of 4months?

What of those that are seprated for yrs and still come back together?

What of ex's that go their seprate ways for yrs and still come back to get married?

Did it ever occur to you all this while they are seprated.., they might have done self examination and realise where they erred against each other? and willing to make ammendment.

It doesn’t matter. He asked for my opinion. He gets what he gets.

My opinion is worth what he paid for it.

Just FYI, you’re not changing my mind and we don’t have to agree,

1 Like

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by Nobody: 11:22pm On Apr 09, 2018
EgunMogaji:

4 months as a female free agent in that your Naija? And pissed off at her husband?

Okay o.

I won’t take that bet in Vegas, not even drunk grin

AHahhah dont mind him. The daughter of eve is searching or has even found a replacement. OP If you are important. She will CALL YOU! Even if her family hates you she will look for her HUSBAND!! I am having the best time of my life being single again without that problematic nagging and abusive woman while OP is busy thinking...Bro come make we comot make i buy you beer for fela shrine hit me up! You only live once. I bet my left balls if you die tonight she no go come ur funeral. Baba be happy abeg!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by Mariangeles(f): 11:22pm On Apr 09, 2018
doreto:
Better to just stay one's lane after reading all these news of murders by spouses.I am so scared.
Self consolation!
If you wanted to be in "your lane", why get married in the first place...?

4 Likes

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by luminouz(m): 11:22pm On Apr 09, 2018
Pipedreams:

Bro marriage hard especially with nigerian ladies..There mentality is really bleeped up. its only a white or non nigerian wey fit love you genuinely...Most of the ladies just want the glam glam of wedding and not marriage. OP ur wife never call u for 4months and u tink dats a wife thats meek?? Bro better women boku..forget that woman.
Dat marriage is dead as fvck!!!! OP should move on! For a woman to stay off for 4 good months..showed she is done.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Ideas On How To Reconcile With My Wife. by ETHIX(m): 11:23pm On Apr 09, 2018
doreto:
We are presently separated for 4 months with no contact/communication.The separation was not related to trust issues,but miscommunication,insults and the likes,no violence.

While I am in a great place emotionally,I want to attempt to reconcile our relationship.

I need ideas.Is it possible? If it is,has any one here seen a case of reconciliation after a deep marital separation? Please share with me.

Thanks.

Hmmm oga there is a power behind your seperation. There is a force that want that separation. The force is still there waiting to lunch a counter attack after the reconciliation. If this is not dealt with no progress my brother. The two of u must deal with it through prayers.

Most families will surely be attacked by this force though you may choose not to believe me oo but sincerely no marriage can stand the storm without prayers.

Pls don't remove God in your calculation. Our human advice is nothing compared to prayer and fasting. Please next time if you have issues with her go to God in prayer and fasting he is the manufacturer of human and he knows what he must do to repair. You may think he is not hearing or no feedback, bros he listens sometimes silence proceed his response.

He is a jealous God, he will not be happy if u ask us first instead of taking to him first. Please as u read these lines pray and narrate everything that happened to him and make Ur request as if he did not see what happened earlier.

But brotherly, you cannot pray this pray and continue in sin ooo cos u will be the one blocking the response oooo.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Who Comes For "Omugo" First? The Husband Or Wife's Mum? / 2 Out Of 3 Kids Are Not Mine - Man Married For 12 Years / Missing Person In Port Harcourt: Who Has Seen This Woman? (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.