Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,926 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:06 PM

President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP (15556 Views)

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo / Traffic In Lagos As VP Osinbajo Visits (Photos) / Jonathan Nominates Obanikoro, Six Others As Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by naso2(m): 4:29pm On May 13, 2010
Gekko:

Why would anyone put stock in these 2? JG has no legacy, never ran for office nor elected by a popular mandate.  Everything hes done so far is a clear indication of  the status quo.  We are truly fu*ked.  And then we have some clueless folks  claiming Sambo wears the face of humility and hes the best gov in the north   [b]w[/b]hiskey [b]t[/b]ango [b]f[/b]ox.  God I ask you? when are you going to deliver us from bondage?  

Abeg cool down. The same Nigerians that shout that elections in Nigeria are not credible, and that winners are not necessarily carrying the peoples mandate, are the same ones that berate some other politicians that they have never had the people's mandate, simply because they have not contested as the primary candidate in any election. Did  Fashola win  any previuos elections before he became governor?

In Nigeria (at least for now), the deputy performs only the duties assigned to him by his boss, so GJ could as well leave him out of critical chores if he fails to show himself worthy.

For those expecting some big miracle in the few months left in this administration, please think again. Even with  very honest intentions , there is  only so little GJ can do now. When you consider the minimum time requirement  from initiation to harvest time for the critical areas we need him to look at, you will agree that much of the judgement can only be done in terms of direction and not necessarily tangible results.

As for those asking about what GJ achieved in Bayelsa, we need to be reminded that he spent just about a year as governor. I do not think he performed badly, expecially when one considers that within six months he had to get in the election fights .

I am learning to moderate my expectations from GJ, however i think his choice has some politcal value if he plans to run in 2011. I think it will be too tempting not to run. Forget all  dis becomerich theories.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by edoyad(m): 4:39pm On May 13, 2010
dayokanu:

Who is the deputy governor of Kaduna State, I hope is a Southern Kaduna Xtian, I hope he would run for election in 2011 and win making him the first governor from Southern Kaduna.

Where is Isaiah Balat nowadays, I havent heard from him after that PDP gubernatorial elections of 2007 that schemed him out.

In 2011 South South president, Southern Kaduna governor. Edoyad your life don better only that ARsenal would still remain trophyless

Brother dayo orishirishi, the guy's name is Patrick Yakowa and he's a one time minister though he's kind of old school.

This is kind of an anti-climax considering that a southern kaduna state is already on the way. And as for the gunner line i'll handle you later
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by edoyad(m): 4:39pm On May 13, 2010
dayokanu:

Who is the deputy governor of Kaduna State, I hope is a Southern Kaduna Xtian, I hope he would run for election in 2011 and win making him the first governor from Southern Kaduna.

Where is Isaiah Balat nowadays, I havent heard from him after that PDP gubernatorial elections of 2007 that schemed him out.

In 2011 South South president, Southern Kaduna governor. Edoyad your life don better only that ARsenal would still remain trophyless

Brother dayo orishirishi, the guy's name is Patrick Yakowa and he's a one time minister though he's kind of old school.

This is kind of an anti-climax considering that a southern kaduna state is already on the way. And as for the gunner line i'll handle you later
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Gekko(m): 4:39pm On May 13, 2010
na_so:

Abeg cool down. The same Nigerians that shout that elections in Nigeria are not credible, and that winners are not necessarily carrying the peoples mandate, are the same ones that berate some other politicians that they have never had the people's mandate, simply because they have not contested as the primary candidate in any election. Did  Fashola win  any previuos elections before he became governor?

In Nigeria (at least for now), the deputy performs only the duties assigned to him by his boss, so GJ could as well leave him out of critical chores if he fails to show himself worthy.

For those expecting some big miracle in the few months left in this administration, please think again. Even with  very honest intentions , there is  only so little GJ can do now. When you consider the minimum time requirement  from initiation to harvest time for the critical areas we need him to look at, you will agree that much of the judgement can only be done in terms of direction and not necessarily tangible results.

As for those asking about what GJ achieved in Bayelsa, we need to be reminded that he spent just about a year as governor. I do not think he performed badly, expecially when one considers that within six months he had to get in the election fights .

I am learning to moderate my expectations from GJ, however i think his choice has some politcal value if he plans to run in 2011. I think it will be too tempting not to run. Forget all  dis becomerich theories.

Dont worry im cool as ice.  I've already adopted a sit-back- fold my arms- sip on ice tea attitude.  We shall all see how this unfolds.  For the sake of our dear country, i hope you are right.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Tuyis: 4:47pm On May 13, 2010
What's up with Becomerich and his satelite images? It is as if these images are the solution to every problem in Nigeria!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by naso2(m): 4:52pm On May 13, 2010
^^^^^^^^^

Ok you just join NL? please get used to becomrich's maps . the thing don solve many problems for naija and abroad. grin grin grin grin
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by stuffs4me(m): 5:01pm On May 13, 2010
@ sherifman
@ for Becomepoor I dont read his comments again,I just scroll through to the next one in line.
Now coming to the subject matter,I personally think dat Sambo is a very bad choice,I stay in kaduna and know what KD is like presently as compared to the level of development we had @ this piont in time during Makarfi's tenure.I personally believe that Makarfi is a much more better and sell able candidate for the choice if a V.P.And lets not forget that they key here is to get a good candidate that can stand his ground against Banbangida.this is what definitely what Sambo cannot offer.He is seen as a small boy in the scheme of things.Makarfi was a guvnor for 8 yrs and now in d senate,is a more viable option than fine boy Sambo,we need to see beyond his good looks.

i also Stay in Kaduna. U have just said all. Makarfi is just the answer. In addition to that, Namadi sambo is not a visionary leader as he doesn’t have any concrete or long term plan for Kaduna. He’s just a media governor that likes media praises. He’s makes promises he never keeps, he’s an expert in power point presentations without concrete evidence to show for it
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by stuffs4me(m): 5:10pm On May 13, 2010
@edoyad
Jonathan is such a tortoise , hausa people will commit suicide left, right and center lol. First he steals presidency from them and takes it to the south-south, now he wants to take governorship of kaduna state out of their hands into southern kaduna, he's truly the hausa mans nemesis lol.

This is the AGE OF THE MINORITIES.

Jonathan has just shot his political career in the foot. I would advice he takes these issues seriously rather than a laugh over it because the Hausas will never be happy for a southern Kaduna to be governor. If Sambo Namadi is picked as governor, this will only leave an empty space for deputy governor Patrick yakowa to be governor
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by edoyad(m): 5:18pm On May 13, 2010
@stuffs, the way some comedians are talking is like Jonathan is selecting Namadi to become Nigeria's next president lol, grin isn't that hilarious ? They actually think there's any force in PDP, in heaven or earth, that can stop Jonathan from running for president next year. LWkMd. Like kanye West,
"welcome to heart break" grin LOL
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Kobojunkie: 5:19pm On May 13, 2010
KnowAll:

It is not a defeatist approach because I have made my views known, I am happy with Sambo's nomination, if I was in Jonthan's shoe Iwould have gone for the same guy. I love visionaries.

Oh!! Welll, that is good for you then. But that I cannot stop him from resuming work does not mean I cannot help educate folks on how he is possibly unfit and just the status quo. I don't have to tell how I made sure to open some eyes on the yar adua issue, or do I?

I am just concerned that you have tried turning into another BULL-preacher with some of the ridiculous assertions you have made in your little way of convincing yourself he is the BEST STATE GOVERNMOR IN THE NORTH for vp position. Heck, I was going to ask Why we did not look beyond the governor's on this, if it had to be someone from the north but I guess I did good not  even going there with you, huh?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by naso2(m): 5:21pm On May 13, 2010
@stuffs4me

And you guys think Makarfi as vice will not be asked by the North to contest against his boss (GJ)? Have you guys also considered that going by media reports Makarfi's health is just as unstable as UMYA before he suffered a relapse and eventually died?

I am almost sure GJ will run and he does not want any deputy that will use the national visibility that the VP offers to run against him in 2011.

The clout of GJ as presidet alone is enough to stop IBB. Many see IBB as a very intelligent  and bold general. I think the opposite is the case. Jonathan's interest alone will stop him. Ibb never goes into any battle with some 50% chance that he could loose.

Forget GJ shooting himself in the foot. The hausa/fulani alone can not stop Jonathan. They need the support of the middlebelt and other northern minorities. If they show their disdain for GJ by rejecting a christian governor over KD, then GJ reaps from that divide. It is a simple as that. He then will almost be sure of total middlebelt and christian support from the north.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by JaaizTech: 5:26pm On May 13, 2010
stuffs4me:

@edoyad
Jonathan has just shot his political career in the foot. I would advice he takes these issues seriously rather than a laugh over it because the Hausas will never be happy for a southern Kaduna to be governor. If Sambo Namadi is picked as governor, this will only leave an empty space for deputy governor Patrick yakowa to be governor

Well, I can only say one thing for sure PDP will not win Kaduna in the next election should the Southern Kaduna candidate run for Governorship. But my fear is; if they should rig it there might be problem o.I hope they know what they are doing sha. Northern Kaduna indigenes are significantly more than Southern Kadunas; He can never amass the votes without rigging.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by stuffs4me(m): 5:27pm On May 13, 2010
@edyad
@stuffs, the way some comedians are talking is like Jonathan is selecting Namadi to become Nigeria's next president lol,[b] Grin isn't that hilarious ? They actually think there's any force in PDP, in heaven or earth, that can stop Jonathan from running for president next yea[/b]r. LWkMd. Like kanye West,
"welcome to heart break" Grin LOL

running is not the same as winning
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Sagamite(m): 5:30pm On May 13, 2010
Gekko:

Yeah? i see his vision alright!  i refuse to join the party praising mediocre leadership.  We need world class leaders and this guy is not it,  by the way, this guy comes off as an egomaniac, whats with his pictures on the train?

That is just sick and shows he has no principle if he did not pay from his personal pocket for that advert.

If he did not pay, the question is: Is he using public resources fro free to promote his personal interest?

He should be asked this at senate confirmation, and if he did not, they should make him pay every kobo plus a penalty before confirmation.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by paddylo1(m): 5:36pm On May 13, 2010
i also Stay in Kaduna. U have just said all. Makarfi is just the answer.

Markafi is a sickler, and u dont need any performer as a VP

what u need is someone who will be loyal, and do duties assigned to him,because the President drives the vision not the VP

The VPs job is to go and represent the President in burials,ribbon cutting ceremonies and so on

I thought there were educated people on here
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by etaurus(m): 5:42pm On May 13, 2010
pray its a good choice anyway undecided
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by stuffs4me(m): 5:44pm On May 13, 2010
@ na so
Am an indegine of the middle belt but was born and bred in Kaduna. Hmm! U speak so confidently about the middle belt u, u would be surprised to find out that the middle belt is comprised of Adamawa, Taraba, Niger, Kogi, Plateau, Nasarawa, Benue, Kwara and the Federal Capital Territory, the middle belt is more muslim than u think… I can tell u, its not as easy as u think
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by nearest(m): 5:45pm On May 13, 2010
The remaining part of this administration is to plan and strategize for 2011, anybody who thinks GJ is thinking about how to make nigeria move forward is deceiving himself. GJ has not addressed the main issue that lots of nigerians including foreigners are asking him to do ie electoral reforms, if he had plans for that he should have by now sent a name to the national assembly for confirmation as INEC chairman, this administration is going to deal on minority issues ie chasing Ibori, taking control of PDP by making sure Ogbulafor resigns, and before anybody says GOODLUCK, 2011 is here!
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by JaaizTech: 5:46pm On May 13, 2010
na_so:

@stuffs4me

And you guys think Makarfi as vice will not be asked by the North to contest against his boss (GJ)? Have you guys also considered that going by media reports Makarfi's health is just as unstable as UMYA before he suffered a relapse and eventually died?

I am almost sure GJ will run and he does not want any deputy that will use the national visibility that the VP offers to run against him in 2011.

The clout of GJ as presidet alone is enough to stop IBB. Many see IBB as a very intelligent  and bold general. I think the opposite is the case. Jonathan's interest alone will stop him. Ibb never goes into any battle with some 50% chance that he could loose.

Forget GJ shooting himself in the foot. The hausa/fulani alone can not stop Jonathan. They need the support of the middlebelt and other northern minorities. If they show their disdain for GJ by rejecting a christian governor over KD, then GJ reaps from that divide. It is a simple as that. He then will almost be sure of total middlebelt and christian support from the north.

Firstly, I must say alot of guys on this forum are unreasonably bias. Had it been the reverse people would have been screaming the North wants to dominate us o!; or they would have even alleged the North must have killed the President. We must be objective in our analyses.

Secondly; I think the Northern PDP caucus would have to compromise and try to work out an arrangement with Jonathan; I feel Jonathan's plight; He definitely can't come back as a Vice-President (That would be embarrassing) and should He lose this opportunity of becoming President; He may never have the opportunity again in his life. I also understand the concern of the North; The PDP sat down and drafted a constitution that will to a greater extent ensure stability by allowing both regions a fair share of the National Cake; and all of sudden mid way into the Game the South wants to change the rules!; Common lets be fair; they have got raise eyebrows.

Thirdly; Concerning the stupid; inconsiderate and naive comments some people are making about Jonathan picking a Northern Vice-President. Since the days of the Military, We have always had a Northern and Southern pair in the Vice-President and President sit. Shagari&Alex Ekueme; Abacha & Diya; Obasanjo & Atiku; Yar'adua & Jonathan; Buhari & Idiagbon etc. So why should it be different now; and I don't think any of you would like it should a northern President come to power and also bring along a Northern V.P
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by JaaizTech: 5:49pm On May 13, 2010
Sagamite:

That is just sick and shows he has no principle if he did not pay from his personal pocket for that advert.

If he did not pay, the question is: Is he using public resources fro free to promote his personal interest?

He should be asked this at senate confirmation, and if he did not, they should make him pay every kobo plus a penalty before confirmation.
Men, Some of you guys are unbelievable. Similar things happen in other states too
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Sagamite(m): 6:04pm On May 13, 2010
JaaizTech:

Men, Some of you guys are unbelievable. Similar things happen in other states too

And that makes it right?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 13, 2010
I honestly did not see this one coming!!!!!!!!!!!!

Politically this looks like a masterstroke that can only come from someone's playbook that I will not like to mention. The man I am talking about thinks 5 steps ahead. I have always talked about the possible redrawing of electoral map in Nigeria; and right now by this singular move Kaduna is firmly in the swing states alongside the states in middlebelt.

However from a leadership and development point of view, this is another elevation of people not openly seeking leadership into leadership role.
This have the dangers of perpetually producing leaders who are not natural leaders and lack real leadership qualities.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by JaaizTech: 6:14pm On May 13, 2010
Sagamite:

And that makes it right?
That tells you it is acceptable in our own clime. I live in Kaduna and I have never raised an eyebrow about that.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Sagamite(m): 6:17pm On May 13, 2010
JaaizTech:

That tells you it is acceptable in our own clime. I live in Kaduna and I have never raised an eyebrow about that.

Well it should not be acceptable and you should not be so comfortable defending it.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Gekko(m): 6:26pm On May 13, 2010
JaaizTech:

I cant think of any enlighten leader in the modern world that would deface public transportation with campaign posters.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Kobojunkie: 6:32pm On May 13, 2010
Gekko:

I cant think of any enlighten leader in the modern world that would deface public transportation with campaign posters.

He is right though!  In Nigeria, it is sort of become acceptable and no one seems to notice it anymore. State Governor's plaster their faces on state owned billboards and buses, and people don't seem to think that it ain't supposed to be so. You are even more likely to find people who will defend the actions of these governor's by claiming it is some earned right or something creepier along those lines. tongue
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Anaegboka(m): 6:40pm On May 13, 2010
Gekko:

My brother you said it exactly the way it should be said. But unfortunately we don't have leaders in Nigeria but looters.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 13, 2010
@ becomerich, can you ever be coherent?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by hackney(m): 6:55pm On May 13, 2010
^^^^^ Becomerich na my main man.
grin grin grin grin grin grin

onye m ooo  ! ! !

This NL na one kind parallel universe.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by mrkoma2012: 6:56pm On May 13, 2010
Lets c where this whole drama will end
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Gbawe: 6:59pm On May 13, 2010
If Sambo is the VP then this is the clearest sign that Jonathan wan't to run for the Presidency. I don't like appointment based on anything other than merit but on this occasion I totally back Jonathan if this is his own initiative . If Jonathan can run for the Presidency and win that will be a new dawn for Nigeria. We will then have officially consigned to the bin the odious practice of zoning important positions to one region alone . The trickle down effect may see Nigeria begin to move away from other harmfully disciminative practices like "federal character".

Nonetheless, I will warn Jonathan to be careful in his daliance with OBJ. I can see that OBJ is up to his usual deception when he stated that "the Presiency is not zoned to any region". This statement , going by OBJ's precedence, is solely aimed at encouraging Jonathan to think that he has a chance while OBJ may actually be working to undermine him.

We can all remember how OBJ decieved Odili, Duke et al . Odili , in particular , covered the entire Nigeria campaigning, spending vast sums of money and seeking support only for OBJ to bully every non-Northerner out of the way for Yar Adua so that the PDP zoning arrangement could be respected. I am sure that OBJ , back then , would have told Duke , Odili and co that the Presidency was not zoned . Mr. President be careful you are not made to look a fool by the devious rogues you are fraternising with.

P
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Akosbaba(m): 7:46pm On May 13, 2010
^^^Ur post makes sense,this could only mean a northerner would be president come may 2011

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerians Vandalise Their Embassy In Senegal (Video) / APC Flays Fayose For Tagging Buhari A Liar / Economic Blackmail By Foreigners And Their Protegees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.