Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP (15559 Views)

'I Wanted Okonjo-Iweala As VP To Buhari' - Obasanjo / Traffic In Lagos As VP Osinbajo Visits (Photos) / Jonathan Nominates Obanikoro, Six Others As Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Kobojunkie: 1:48am On May 14, 2010
paddy_lo:

The ones that usually observe elections in Nigeria. . .u can do a search or ask anyone in Nigeria

I don't know of any international observers that said any such. Do you mind providing a link or something?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by truly: 1:57am On May 14, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I don't know of any , ?
Happy new year! I was to get back to you for a contact address. I apologise for my AWOL. May I still have the Solar person's contact details
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by truly: 2:11am On May 14, 2010
becomrich7:

You, the yorubas would only vote for a ticket that at least one Yoruba on it. And I can tell you this in 2011, a Yoruba would be on the ticket. Do you know where they give a ticket to someone whose people would not vote for YOU. No, they dont do that, if you are serious you want to win.
Becomrich7
You have not answered my questions about Yorubas being cheated and deceived
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by GAR3TH(m): 2:17am On May 14, 2010
You should never mix tribes, religion or culture with politics, its poison. i think who ever wants to run should run. this hole "tribe taking political turns" is such B.S. Its really silly. it may sound good on paper but in real life its pointless like communism.

I wish GJ best of luck.

ps: Becomerich Hadejia has a population of about 47,400 As of 1991 and about 90,000 today, while Abeokutahas a population of about 500,000.  and dont spam this thread.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Abagworo(m): 2:29am On May 14, 2010
@becomerich.your irrelevant maps seem to slow my system.jonathan has already won the election.pdp has dual strategy of either ibb or gj.gj has the support of ibb,obj and ojukwu(quote me).all jonathan needs is cosmetic developments and power revolution and he will win 90% of votes in all parts of nigeria.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Kobojunkie: 3:20am On May 14, 2010
truly:

Happy new year! I was to get back to you for a contact address. I apologise for my AWOL. May I still have the Solar person's contact details

Solar person? I shipped it myself, installation should be a breeze to any DIY individual out there.  You can order it here, have it shipped down and install it yourself.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by uyakachi(m): 3:49am On May 14, 2010
ONLY JONATHAN KNOWS THE PLAN FOR HIS CHOICE
TIME WILL TELL AS WELL
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by naijacann: 3:52am On May 14, 2010
@Odunnu

Can u buzz me ya contacts . My email is g4uall@yahoo.ca , really really interested in what i see, seriously.
(I've been a bit busy since my last posting, sorry for da delay in responding)
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Odunnu: 3:55am On May 14, 2010
Dnt u thnk u are abt 2 derail ths thread again?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by lastapostle2(m): 5:57am On May 14, 2010
Sectarian minors with no objective reasons in political permutation should desist from positing controversial threads. Ndigbo with the turn of events is the political bride from all consideration. The have been politically marginalised as Alex Ekwueme was denied the coverted seat,OBJ schemed them out in the race to veepee to yar'Adua. You see all the presidential flagbearers of nothern extraction would most defininately settle for Igbo veepee in the race for presidency in 2011. If jonathan decide to run and surely win,the Igbos will agitate for a turn and that means the Hausa/fulanis would wait for a long time to come, for those using ethnic population strenght for political power,nigeria has outgrown that as one man is given polling sheets to write result and deliver since it has been proved that most state vote above registered and it is validated.lol
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by EzeUche(m): 6:11am On May 14, 2010
We Igbos [/b]will not tolerate anymore marginalization!!!  angry It has been far too long since we have tasted power. Remember that we still can bring Nigeria to its knees. We are the only people who has been able to fight the Nigerian military in battle and send over [b]500,000 Nigerian soldiers to their graves. Do not try us, and do not think that the world will be sympathetic to Nigeria if there is a Civil War again. We Igbos have allies now and our people in the Diaspora will prove beneficial to us if war was to happen.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by edoyad(m): 8:37am On May 14, 2010
stuffs4me:

@ everyone. Especially paddy lo

I think people are making a big mistake by thinking the middle belt is a Christian area… With the exception of states like plateau, taraba and benue, the middle belt is still largely muslim in composition, Now, the tricky thing about the muslims in the middle belt is that they like to vote along the same lines as muslims in the far north for the simple fact that when a northerner is president, they can easily relate to him than when the president is from the south. The ‘united north’ thing may not b perfect but it’s still quite strong and formidable

Haha, can you name one democratically elected christian governor in Lagos state's history ? At the turn of the history about half the governors from the southwest were muslim, does that mean the yoruba man votes in the same direction as the hausa muslim ?
Go and check history, people will vote in line with what will benefit them, so don't be suprised when the southeast votes against Jonathan- which any politically schemer could take advantage of by appointing an Igbo president/VP.

I know muslims from kwara and kogi states and believe me i know where their allegiance lies and it's not with the muslim north.
But then again things aren't as black and white as many people here are erroneously painting, coming from the middle belt myself i wouldn't vote a person like Joshua Dariye into power but i'd vote Nuhu Ribadu.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Mustyshika: 9:26am On May 14, 2010
@ Paddy lo ;
Markafi is a sickler, and u dont need any performer as a VP

what u need is someone who will be loyal, and do duties assigned to him,because the President drives the vision not the VP

The VPs job is to go and represent the President in burials,ribbon cutting ceremonies and so on

I thought there were educated people on here .

If the post of VP is not that important, have u ever wondered why so many people are breaking their backs clamouring for the post. Have u easily forgotten Atiku Abubakar and the role he played in the 2003 elections as a "VP" ??
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Pennywise(m): 9:32am On May 14, 2010
@Topic
Jonathan's capitulation to Governor's forum to appoint one of their own as VP can only mean one thing- a growing influence of this political block that has gone beyond party leadership and maybe even the presidency.

This is patently unhealthy because Nigerian Govs are the undisputed patrons of corruption. They eat and breath corruption. Govs forum is an illegal entity that should be proscribed. They seek to protect their interest at the expense of the state.

Namadi Sambo that has now been chosen by them will take the place of Aondoakaa in thwarting the fight against corruption. But the difference here is that rather than one former Gov, all present serving Govs will be protected through dubious legislation and direct interference.

Things just got worse for Nigeria. The free for all can continue. Jonathan should have been more decisive. No doubt his mind was with Nuhu Ribadu. But no Gov wanted Ribadu.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by master2(m): 9:38am On May 14, 2010
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]Well I can see u live in Kaduna and you are better placed in judging him. But one thing one should not take away from him is,  because of his architect backround he is an individual who can conceptualize inspirational ideas if resources are not a hindrance, that alone is a good quality after all what was his boss legacy in Bayelsa State yet people are giving him all the recent credit for the usurp and regular supply of  elctricity.[/size]
I believe Namadi is a good candidate for the VP position because is not as ambition as some northern governors.But for his performance  as kaduna state gov can not be equited to that of Lagos and if i'm to give him passmark,i will give him 45% bcoc he lacks action and sustainability.

HIS ACHIEVEMENT:
*Improve security network vie operation yaki
*Refurbished goverment school

HIS FAILURE:
*started refuse mgt system but fail to sustain it after 4 months.
*the rail transport he started is doing skeletal services now.
*Road construction and repair policy of makafi he could not continue especially in kaduna south.
*Kaduna state is one of the most lawless state.The state lacks efforcement in term ensuring the citizen obey simple rules and regulation example the helmet issue.

Between Namadi and Babangida Aliyu of Niger state i would prefer Babangida. The 2 are the best in north.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Mustyshika: 9:40am On May 14, 2010
[lol i never thought there was one North either. . .The proponents of one north only do so when they are not chopping
but when they start to chop they forget that benue or taraba is north too. .

Here are the Northern states Jonathan can win outright with no stress

1. Kwara
2. Kogi
3. Benue
4. Taraba
5. Plateau
6. Kaduna
7. Adamawa
8. Nassarawa
9. Niger

States he can do a strong showing in include
1. Bauchi
2. Sokoto
3. Katsina
4. Kano(If PDP nominates abachas son as i heard the crook is popular)

]

@ Paddy lo;
This should be your wishful thoughts.
"If wishes were horses, beggars will ride".
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Mustyshika: 9:49am On May 14, 2010
We Igbos will not tolerate anymore marginalization!!! It has been far too long since we have tasted power. Remember that we still can bring Nigeria to its knees. We are the only people who has been able to fight the Nigerian military in battle and send over 500,000 Nigerian soldiers to their graves. Do not try us, and do not think that the world will be sympathetic to Nigeria if there is a Civil War again. We Igbos have allies now and our people in the Diaspora will prove beneficial to us if war was to happen.

@ezeuche; im sorry but this comment is most dissapointing. Even the most gallant Generals who have existed, were known skeptical when it comes to wars. Try and get a copy of the Art of War.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Nobody: 10:42am On May 14, 2010
To all of you who are turning this into a ' north-south' thing hope this has shown you that @ the top, where all the chopping happens, there is no notherner or southerner. To the topic, I'm very surprised @ Jonathan's choice cos I havent sen anything this guy has done for Kaduna state that merits his being chosen t b VP, buit hey this na Naija where the strangest things happens. Time wil tell if this is the right choice.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by stuffs4me(m): 10:45am On May 14, 2010
@edoyad
Haha, can you name one democratically elected christian governor in Lagos state's history ? At the turn of the history about half the governors from the southwest were muslim, does that mean the yoruba man votes in the same direction as the hausa muslim ?
Now you have just revealed how little u know about Nigeria. Lagos state (and indeed the whole of southwest) is predominantly muslim (I’m not talking about the igbos , the niger deltans  and orher tribes that are living and doing business in lagos) I’m talking about the indigenous lagosians. Even the yorubas from other states living in lagos are mostly muslim. Hence there has never been a democratically elected Christian in lagos.

Go and check history, people will vote in line with what will benefit them,
I beg u to name at least one of such election…. Hmm! If only you have followed the trend of Nigerian politics a bit you would have known that Nigerians always vote along ethnic and religious lines. With the exception of the south east that vote mainly because of financial/material benefits

I know muslims from kwara and kogi states and believe me i know where their allegiance lies and it's not with the muslim north.
You really have not looked at history because kwara in any case is comprised mostly of youruba/Fulani/nupe who are predominantly muslim and have always voted in line with their northern brothers
In Kogi the major tribes are Igala, ebira and okun(yoruba) and some sprinklings of koto, nupe and other tribes, igala are 75% muslim, ebira are 92% muslim while okun are 96% Christian. Koto, nupe are also majorly muslims and they have always voted in line with their northern brothers
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by ubandire(m): 10:54am On May 14, 2010
I don't understand why people like becompoor abi rich,should be on the political blog of this forum,he would do better in entertainment(comedy)how can he be blabbing like this.this is by far the worst calculation I've seen in my whole existence.this the reason why I keep skipping his posts.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by COOLDK(m): 10:57am On May 14, 2010
Kudos to all posters on ds thread. I gues its high time Nigeria started hiring forein political experts to rule d country as we nvr appreciate ourselves. Since we can change super eagles coach 4 forein experts why cant it b applicable in politics too.
May God save us 4rm all ds selfish, cruel,wicked & corrupt POLITRICKCIANS.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Yamahame(m): 11:25am On May 14, 2010
odunnu! give me number or mail it 2 this address threepullj@yahoo.com
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by caadediran(m): 11:26am On May 14, 2010
As for me, Jonathan is free to choose anybody from any part of the country, be it north, sout, east or west as long as it is the Man that will deliver result and take the nation closer to her dream land to becoming a developed democratic nation. It is time we put sentiment behind us and be rightly foucsed.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by jokingmary(m): 11:36am On May 14, 2010
after all the applications and CVs (all forged) my friend submitted to be the vice president cry
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by sheriffman(m): 12:03pm On May 14, 2010
I personally dont see SAMBO as a good Presidential Material in the long run,he may be amiable,looks fine and friendly but then leadership is more than that
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by naijacann: 12:19pm On May 14, 2010
@Odunnu

Derail? Hell no.(Remember I started this tread) I liked what I saw and I NEED to get it and keep it for long b/4 another equally serious person grabs it.
Plz take me seriously in this cos I'm too damn serious, still waiting for ya contacts
You gat my email already, wanna call u.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by otokx(m): 12:26pm On May 14, 2010
GJ carry go.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Odunnu: 12:43pm On May 14, 2010
naijacann:

@Odunnu

Derail? Hell no.(Remember I started this tread) I liked what I saw and I NEED to get it and keep it for long b/4 another equally serious person grabs it.
Plz take me seriously in this cos I'm too damn serious, still waiting for ya contacts
You gat my email already, wanna call u.

Hmm,so bcz u r d head of ths thread it gives u d ryt to derail it abi?
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by habibhans(m): 12:46pm On May 14, 2010
We need to know deeply and faithfully how Gov. Sambo has touch the lives of people in Kaduna State positively before he can be considerate by Nigerians.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Acidosis(m): 2:27pm On May 14, 2010
''Democracy is an abuse of statistics''. It is a great mistake for any one to calculate the percentage(population) of the 3 different regions in Nigeria to determine the next president.
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by Smi1(m): 4:06pm On May 14, 2010
I hope Arc Sambo will do well sha, but jonathan must be very careful if not they might snatch the presidency from him comes 2011
Re: President Goodluck Jonathan Nominates Kaduna Governor, Sambo, As VP by lastapostle2(m): 8:27pm On May 14, 2010
For those of you that are poor as regards political history, Sir Micheal Otedola was the Governor of Lagos state under NRC during the third republic. I believe he is a christian and people should stop politicizing lagos or the south west through religious divide

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Jonathan’s CSO Denies $6.9m Allegation As EFCC Begins Full Probe Of Diezani / El-Rufai Visits Nuhu Baturen Makaranta Primary School / Itsede Okhai Sues Buhari Over The Non Submission Of His Certificates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.