Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,842 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Has My Wife Finally Moved On? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Has My Wife Finally Moved On? (31405 Views)

After 9 Years Of Trying My Wife Finally Gave Birth / Has My Wife Finally Moved On ? Update 2 / Update on : Has My Wife Finally Moved On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by chemberlin(m): 12:09am On Apr 12, 2018
Please i need help in my marriage and i want someone i can call for advice..my number is 07033 03 4780
Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by immortal145: 12:11am On Apr 12, 2018
people never really change, they only become a better version of themselves...QED

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by chemberlin(m): 12:15am On Apr 12, 2018
MaNyEsq:

Like my grandma would always say, son, "A leopard does not change its spots." You knew before you entered into the marriage that she's very disrespectful and mouthy and still you married her. Based on what you said, you've always been the one that break the stalemate and call her each time you quarrel. So, let it me break it down to you.

There's one of two dynamics at play here: [1] Either she is waiting for you to fold like a cheap tulip under a scorching sun as you have always done and call her back and beg or [2] she's found another man that really piques her interest. I must say that in this relationship, you laid the wrong foundation. As a man, you must maintain your integrity as the head of the household.

Aristotle once said, "you're what you repeatedly do," therefore, your falling for her tricks became a habit not an act. Truth be told, no woman trully wants a man [husband] that she can control not withstanding what she must profess openly or publicly. They want a man that they believe can always protect, provide and offer them security when the need arises. No woman wants a sissy for a husband.

When she tested you by waiting for you to cave in and be the one to call first after your arguments, you flunked the test. So, she has lost albeit the little respect she might have had for you. Women are a funny bunch...very diabolical! They never tell you directly what they mean...you always have to play a guessing game or figure them out yourself.
Can i call u for advice please?
Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 12, 2018
kapelvej:
Hello all, I will try and make this simple.We have been married for 6 years and two children, unfortunately there have been very few times we have enjoyed peace, I have done everything I could to make her happy, but non has ever worked.

She insults me anytime anywhere and she does not just care, her mother and brother sometimes chastise her, but she does not just listen, her mother however recently has been agreeing to anything she says or do, even with her other siblings no matter who is wrong(this is because she got a job lately and has been satisfying her mother financially). In fairness to her, she also disrespects every single person in her family, not just me alone. Also in fairness to her mum, (her mum) and her family members sometimes think I am too soft on her.

Well again in fairness to her , she exhibited these signs right from day one, not just to me but to everybody even her mother and elder ones. I explained this to the elders of the church, but they said she will change after the marriage.

Meanwhile while we were dating, there was a time I ended the affair because of her cynical behavior, and she came to beg and promised to change. I forgave her after like one month. But then, it only lasted for a while.

Many different things have happened since the marriage, even flirtatious activities, but not adultery, I have tried to handle and forgive those things.

Presently I am working in a different city, and we had a little misunderstanding and she started insulting me as usual and hung up on me. This is what she does regularly, but each time, I will be the one to call back because, I felt I should take the initiative and also because of the kids. I have told her to stop hanging up on me and insulting me on the phone. So, This time around, I refused to call her, and it has been like this for 2 months now, she refused to call as well. To worsen everything, I lost a close family member, just before this problem, she does not just seem to care. We have been like that since the past two months. Something tells me that with this kind of behaviour, she might as well have moved on, please what do you all think.

Anything we have misundertsanding , even when I try to resolve the issue, she will be busy with her phone, no matter how late it is, then immediately she drops the phone, she says she wants to sleep, and that is all.

NB. For this six years, I have been the only person working, so this is not a a case of her being the bread winner. She just got a job 5 months ago.

Do a DNA test to confirm that those kids are actually yours. If they are, continue to share custody with her and shoulder the responsibility for your children's welfare.

Then you look for another woman to build a proper home with.

4 Likes

Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 12, 2018
If you think you have the time and strength to do this to shock her then do. Invite your children over for holiday to your new place enrolled them in school.
Then leave your wife without the children and let her be paying the house rent.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by Nobody: 12:24am On Apr 12, 2018
chemberlin:
Can i call u for advice please?

What would you need advice on? I am not a shrink nor do I play one on TV but life experience have taught me a lot.
Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by Jodesky(m): 12:26am On Apr 12, 2018
Mariangeles:
Believe me she's not okay wherever she is since you have not called her back as you used to...she is panicking wherever she is right now!
I'm quite sure she's afraid (to lose you because you're probably the only man who can tolerate her) since you haven't called her unlike before, she's probably wondering if there is another woman .
You've got to stand your ground!
Don't call her!
Let her be the one to call you so you can set some conditions!
Let her be the one to fight for you and her marriage this time!
If she still loves you, she'll fight for you!

Op
THIS IS THE WAY TO GO.
Dont waste your time talking to a deaf & dumb. You've passed that stage. She's actually looking for a wife, not a husband!

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by chemberlin(m): 12:26am On Apr 12, 2018
MaNyEsq:

What would you need advice on? I am not a shrink nor do I play one on TV but life experience have taught me a lot.
Atleast from ur experience in life u can help me when u get to know what i have to say
Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by Nobody: 12:42am On Apr 12, 2018
chemberlin:
Atleast from ur experience in life u can help me when u get to know what i have to say

I can connect with you via email. What's your email?
Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by Montaque(m): 12:56am On Apr 12, 2018
I noticed that what made your wife submissive to conflict resolution during your dating period was the fact that she wants to get married. That was her only fear, of not getting married.

Well now that she is married, you are yet to know what she will fight to protect. She is unconcerned and you don't know what to do to get her concerned, even in your marriage. That's my fear too, how she can call your bluff for 2 months without end.

I love your move for reconciliation. I would be doing same. But you need to be careful of pulling an unwilling horse to the stream. You will tire yourself out in time. The greatest quality is a spouse is her/he being concerned about the union, and making it the centre of their life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by trumpcoat(m): 1:14am On Apr 12, 2018
countryfive:
you've allowed your self to be deceived, who told u she will change ?
your marriage in shaking while the elders have disappeared in your case.
pls go back to them to help fix your marriage.
Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by openmine(m): 1:17am On Apr 12, 2018
Well again in fairness to her , she exhibited these signs right from day one, not just to me but to everybody even her mother and elder ones. I explained this to the elders of the church, but they said she will CHANGE AFTER THE MARRIAGE
This is the very reason why the rate of divorce cases is on a rise!
When an individual exhibits a bad habit or character,No marriage can change them!
Marriage can never solve a deep seated attitude...what U were before marriage is what U will still be after marriage!
Change can only occur when an individual recognizes the impact his or her attitude will have on their progress in life!

3 Likes

Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by Kwenty: 2:09am On Apr 12, 2018
kapelvej:
Thank yo for your time, you made some very good suggestions, I have made several attempts we to see a councellor she will have non of it, I have been begging her to tell me if there is something I was doing wrongly, but she will not even bother to reply me. Sadly I over heard one of her friends telling her sometimes that she should try and change her ways. Her eldest sister also talked to both of us and made it clear to her that she has to change her ways.
Concerning doing something shocking, well I think that not calling her bask like I used to do should be shocking enough for her, it is two months now, and she is very okay with it.
I don't think she knows what marriage is all about or ready for it then.
Just let her be for now. If she is still ready for the marriage, she will call you back later.
If she doesn't, then marriage don end be that.
From your story, you tried condoning what so many Nigerian men can't condone.
Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by nwaonyeze001(m): 2:20am On Apr 12, 2018
@ OP, I mean no disrespect, but, firstly......You caused all that is happening right now, though in a bid to make your marriage work, but since you knew from day 1 that your wife exhibits such traits, the first 2-3 years of your marriage should have been used to stamp your authority, since you didn't do that during the last phase of your courtship
Secondly, take my advise, if your wife is within the age bracket of 23-28, then technically, she is exhibiting the traits of her age bracket, given the attribute of peers, flirting, stubbornness amongst others, my little advice, patience my brother, pray and use wisdom to stamp your authority
I wish you good luck and God heal the wound in your home, because I feel your pain, I have been there before,, Note, your wife is just been stubborn, so ....... address the issue this time with caution and wisdom

kapelvej:
Hello all, I will try and make this simple.We have been married for 6 years and two children, unfortunately there have been very few times we have enjoyed peace, I have done everything I could to make her happy, but non has ever worked.

She insults me anytime anywhere and she does not just care, her mother and brother sometimes chastise her, but she does not just listen, her mother however recently has been agreeing to anything she says or do, even with her other siblings no matter who is wrong(this is because she got a job lately and has been satisfying her mother financially). In fairness to her, she also disrespects every single person in her family, not just me alone. Also in fairness to her mum, (her mum) and her family members sometimes think I am too soft on her.

Well again in fairness to her , she exhibited these signs right from day one, not just to me but to everybody even her mother and elder ones. I explained this to the elders of the church, but they said she will change after the marriage.

Meanwhile while we were dating, there was a time I ended the affair because of her cynical behavior, and she came to beg and promised to change. I forgave her after like one month. But then, it only lasted for a while.

Many different things have happened since the marriage, even flirtatious activities, but not adultery, I have tried to handle and forgive those things.

Presently I am working in a different city, and we had a little misunderstanding and she started insulting me as usual and hung up on me. This is what she does regularly, but each time, I will be the one to call back because, I felt I should take the initiative and also because of the kids. I have told her to stop hanging up on me and insulting me on the phone. So, This time around, I refused to call her, and it has been like this for 2 months now, she refused to call as well. To worsen everything, I lost a close family member, just before this problem, she does not just seem to care. We have been like that since the past two months. Something tells me that with this kind of behaviour, she might as well have moved on, please what do you all think.

Anything we have misundertsanding , even when I try to resolve the issue, she will be busy with her phone, no matter how late it is, then immediately she drops the phone, she says she wants to sleep, and that is all.

NB. For this six years, I have been the only person working, so this is not a a case of her being the bread winner. She just got a job 5 months ago.

2 Likes

Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by tomdon(m): 2:34am On Apr 12, 2018
kapelvej:
Gosh, I forgot to talk about this part, I know some one will raise it up. I will just go back and modify the post. Well again in fairness to her , she exhibited these signs right from day one, not just to me but to everybody even her mother and elder ones. I explained this to the elders of the church, but they said she will change after the marriage.

Are you sure you didn't marry a witch or how can a normal person be this bad without provocation
I believe there's a lot you're not saying

And in fairness to her you're using here is used wrongly. You can't use in fairness to her and proceed to describe a bad character

3 Likes

Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by Nobody: 3:38am On Apr 12, 2018
This particular post made me speechless for a while! If only you could turn back the hands of time. In my opinion, the current state of your marriage is the cumulative effect of numerous factors which came into play from the beginning. People don't change their key attributes during marriages, i wish you didn't listen to those so-called church elders. You sound like a super submissive male - i could sense this from your initial write-up.
Your mistakes are in this order; Ignoring the initial red flags during courtship, hoping things would change after marriage after being deceived by the 'elders', Failing to learn when to apply punishments & rewards (U were rewarding her negative actions/behavior by always rushing to reconcile, Irrespective of the fact that she was the offending party, it's like buying ice-cream for an unruly child after throwing tantrums, the resulting amplification will be much), Always allowing her to assert her dominance (women DON'T respect men they can always control, Have u ever wondered why the bad guys always get the hot girls), You broke a cardinal rule: NEVER EVER LET A WOMAN KNOW THAT YOU LOVE HER EXTREMELY AND YOU CAN'T DO WITHOUT HER (she will inevitably start taking chances and start taking you for granted, because afterall.. You are a conquered territory! Have u seen politicians campaigning after winning elections?), By being as predictable as a clock consistently - u always complain about her and fail to take harsh actions... and u always seem to come back begging inevitably (this makes u look ridiculously weak and pathetic). Ignore her for the mean time and stand your ground... Don't be a whimp! In 6 months, ask her if she's still interested in the marriage and don't hesitate to file for a divorce if the need arises. You deserve better!!!

3 Likes

Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by Skmoda360(m): 3:46am On Apr 12, 2018
Well said
Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by MissRaine69(f): 3:51am On Apr 12, 2018
kapelvej:

But you knew this was how she was way before the children came along before you even got married but you chose to over look it. She has not changed you have developed an intolerance so what do you want to do about it ?

2 Likes

Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by Ebukamath(m): 4:08am On Apr 12, 2018
kapelvej:
Gosh, I forgot to talk about this part, I know some one will raise it up. I will just go back and modify the post. Well again in fairness to her , she exhibited these signs right from day one, not just to me but to everybody even her mother and elder ones. I explained this to the elders of the church, but they said she will change after the marriage.

and you were to blind to see it, now you are complaining. Tell the church member that she hasn't change

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by Ade3000yrs(m): 4:29am On Apr 12, 2018
tory tory
Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by tosyne2much(m): 4:32am On Apr 12, 2018
I have come to realize that people hardly change their characters. What they do is hide it for some time but it's just like a smoke that will always find its way out.

For someone not to hide her real character from your from day one is a very good reason for you to flee

2 Likes

Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by Lexusgs430: 4:45am On Apr 12, 2018
kapelvej:

Asking if she has moved on, should not be the question of debate.......

The question I would ask you is, if she is so obnoxious as you potray her, why do you want to remain married to her?

Why can't you instigate a divorce and move on?

In fairness to your assertion, she portrayed this attitudes, but you were blinded by love.....

It's time to move on, not unless you are enjoying this soap opera or charade called a marriage...........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by bezimo(m): 4:45am On Apr 12, 2018
You saw her bad behaviour and attitude but made the mistake of thinking she will change..the grave mistake people make..people dont change in marriage..rather they worsen..
You tolerated her B.S and laid the foundation for what you are experiencing today..Sorry Bro..You made a mistake in marrying her..you will have to endure or leave..

My mom will always say marry person you can control.

Instead of all this disrespectful stubborn unsubmissive and unruly bitches..If she gives you attitude and disrespect and arrogance..she aint changing in marriage..it ONLY gets worse in marriage.
Hope guys are learning lessons...
Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by Blazers96: 4:53am On Apr 12, 2018
Wise advice from someone with exposure and experience. Blessings

LotusFan:
First of all I will like to commend you for opening this thread and attempting to take proactive steps towards salvaging what’s left of your marriage.

However, it appears your wife has a very dominant alpha kind of personality. Women long for leadership and if they find that, they will admire and “submit” (I use that word loosely) and love.

You seem to have allowed her walk all over you and this has made her respect and subsequently her love diminish over time. She just can’t be bothered hence the attitude. I really think you need to make her realise that you are fed up and you will not take it any more. You might have tried this before but you need to DECIDE not to allow her walk all over you the way she does to everyone else. It will not happen over night but you have to value your self respect enough to put your foot down NOW.

If you don’t, the kids will grow up to disrespect you too because naturally their mother’s behaviour will rub off on them.

Call an official family meeting if you have to but DECIDE and do this quickly. Personally I don’t like third party involvement but in this case it might help. Perhaps a woman she respects who has a successful marriage can speak to her but she has to have an opportunity to tell you what you have been doing for the last 6 years that is making her love disappear.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by Blazers96: 5:08am On Apr 12, 2018
Yh but this lady, she won't be shaken or scared of that statement "Send her packing to her father's house" she would rather start some serious searching for a new man's house to move into. M sure likes of them have little shame or integrity

Klimaths:
Now let me say this @OP, every woman needs a leader, and leadership is influenced not by dominance. You have to stand up and take the leadership position as the man that you are. Every woman behaves most times like the horse which you need to put a reins on them to control their actions. There should consequences for bad behavior, if there is no consequences for bad behavior then there will anarchy within the home.

I strongly recommend that you take out time to go see your wife sit her down and talk some sense into her. That if such actions repeat itself again you will send her back to her parents house, also put her family in the copy too; that if their Duaghter continue this way that separation is inevitable, then watch their responses and then you will truly know where are loyalty lies.

You can also engaged the advice of her Pastor or anybody you think she reverence or hold in high esteem. That can help too.

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by tradepunter: 5:09am On Apr 12, 2018
Bro take heart, I just annul my court marriage with fiance since we never carried out traditional rights and never soliminze it in church. This was due to my family kicking against it due to her background after investigation.

She is a true master of mind games.. But I thank God for the power and grace to resist and realize the potential damage she would have caused between me and my family relationship.

When parents don't approve a union and the lady starts pushing you to go ahead so as to prove your self as a man and love for her, then you must pack your bags and run.

During the whole drama was when her true colors came out, never for one day during the entire misunderstanding did I use insulting words or degrading words. But she did use to the fullest and always put it down to anger saying she would change.

When its done once twice, three times then it spells doom. I told myself this is her true color when things are rosy she's cool, but when chellenegs comes she's in beast mode. She displayed similar traits during the 2year period we dated.

She opened a pandorox box even before we concluded the marriage rights and this box can't be closed. Since the day I annulled the court wedding she deceived me to do, everyone I know tells me I look way happier, lively and energetic.

Please guys no girls love will never surpass that of your family, this thing called love can seriously wreck you cuz you think you can't do without the person. My advice is keep hustling and give to people in need, marriage is not the ultimate end game. When God is ready for you he will send you a help mate not a curse mate, a waste mate, a selfish mate, self centered mate.

5 Likes

Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by amansi(m): 5:12am On Apr 12, 2018
Bro you need God's divine intervention on this.
Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by aldotun(m): 5:31am On Apr 12, 2018
Hello, MAY THE PEACE & LOVE OF GOD ALMIGHTY BE WITH YOU & YOUR HOUSEHOLD

I want to share a different view, and I hope this helps because I am in a similar situation but GLORY BE TO GOD, this seems to be working;

You fell in love with her, stayed with and married her and have shared beautiful children so, it is so difficult going the other route.

I am trying not to bore you with my epistle but I wish I can make this simple.

You would have to wear a new skin, overlook as you are already into it, shower her with more love, try to avoid argument and quarrels but show restraints not because you are weak but for the love of your family.

Try and make her feel young, try less to chastise her, don't be bothered by her ego, I tell you somewhere along the line, her reasoning would change, she would wonder what happened, no time frame, look at it as if you are training a puppy, patience, patience, patience and lots of love.

If you don't mind, we can communicate so I can explain a little bit more.

Call her and keep your family together and please avoid confrontations and also try never to be physical (assault) having it also at the back of your mind you are doing it as sacrifice for your family.

I am positive somewhere you would begin to see the good part; because I believe EXPERIENCE IS THE Best TEACHER.

Forget about what people say or will say because what matters is what you say and people at the end would only come to love your family the way you place them.

Let me stop here for now.

kapelvej:

Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by delishpot: 5:52am On Apr 12, 2018
Look well now OP has probably used his wife material to sew shoe rag and then used GF material to sew expensive agbada with vivid imaginations.
If Not he is probably frustrating her and reporting her to her people every time she does something. The girl don tire.

1 Like

Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by alenwup(m): 6:00am On Apr 12, 2018
eyeview:
Personally, the first question i ask whenever i see such situation is this: Didnt you see these signs when you were dating or where you blinded by something else or where you one of those who think they will change in marriage?
Thumbs up! You've just asked the question on my mind. I can't understand the kind of education we receive in this part of the world. Sir, no one is imbued with all good virtues and qualities in life; we only make conscious efforts to learn good ones and "unlearn" bad ones. Therefore if we are old enough to marry and we can't understand this concept of your inability to change a full grown up person who willingly give his/her consent into marriage, then there is a problem. In the mean time however, it looks like you may have to consider your joy and future now ( I don't believe it's late). Some marriages are not just meant to work. The ball is still in your court. All the best

2 Likes

Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by MrPresident1: 6:00am On Apr 12, 2018
kapelvej:

Call her, and stop assuming
Re: Has My Wife Finally Moved On? by Motolank: 6:02am On Apr 12, 2018
Seriously? People just come here, explain what their partners have done wrong, but no fault on their part. Hmmmmmmmmm.... contunu undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help! My Cousin's Fiancee Lied Now He Wants To Call It Off!! / PHOTOS: Driver Knocked Out Two Teeth From His Baby Mama / Wonder Wedding: Day The Blind Played For Deaf And Dumb Couple - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.