Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,457 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

Feminism In Marriage! A View. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Feminism In Marriage! A View. (3891 Views)

'I Studied Feminism In The University And I Love D**ks" - Owerri Lady Says / Poor State Of Feminism In Nigeria / On Feminism In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:17pm On Apr 11, 2018
BluntBoy:

Sweetheart, why can't you just forget this feminism stuff? Life is not that complicated.

Why can't we just get married and make beautiful babies. Who cares about labels

I read in one of your post that you want 2 kids and on top of that you want to adopt.
No honey I want to have 7kids and no adoption.

I have personal convictions dear and feminism is a part of it sorry.
I want an egalitarian relationship and not the other way around and you seem to be a member of the other way around. cry

1 Like

Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Apr 11, 2018
The fact that most of the sermons on feminism by self acclaimed feminists is centred on financial independence shows that it's a race that is lost b4 it began.
The two genders can never be equal not even in the countries of the whites. Nature made it so. Just learn to give respect to whom it is due and do good to all men.
U lots should cut this crap for once.

1 Like

Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by Amarabae(f): 10:32pm On Apr 11, 2018
More of this kind of thread loading.
It's my thread.
Not yours.
cheesy cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by Fkforyou(m): 10:45pm On Apr 11, 2018
AryEmber:
All this one you wrote is only for mouth, many of your kind don't act like that at all!
. kiss
Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by MissRaine69(f): 11:39pm On Apr 11, 2018
Chikita66:
Feminism is a foreign culture, it is not our culture, Linda ikeji have never called herself a feminist before, so stop tagging her.

One quick question, how many of you feminist are independent? you guys still depend on your man for virtually everything.

That a lady is non feminist doesn't mean she is not independent or she can't be independent, one can still be independent and also not be a feminist, one can also know her worth and her value without being a feminist. I am non feminist and I don't need to be a feminist before I value myself, know my worth and know I should be independent irrespective of the fact that my hubby/my man is working. You asking a man for a gift doesn't mean you can't afford it or you are not a real woman.

Like I keep saying, each gender need each other for the smooth running of things.

Tell that to Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti
Who I am sure is turning in her grave.
Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by BluntBoy(m): 8:08am On Apr 12, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

I read in one of your post that you want 2 kids and on top of that you want to adopt.

I want an egalitarian relationship and not the other way around and you seem to be a member of the other way around. cry

7 kids shocked

That would be too much. I like kids but that is going to be too much stress on your body.

Let us just have two (a boy and a girl) and adopt at least 2 so we can give homeless kids a good and stable home and a wonderful future.
Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:12am On Apr 12, 2018
BluntBoy:

7 kids shocked

That would be too much. I like kids but that is going to be too much stress on your body.

Let us just have two (a boy and a girl) and adopt at least 2 so we can give homeless kids a good and stable home and a wonderful future.

Gerrarra here mehn angry
Nor be me and you.
As for the polygamy tell that to your future wife.

1 Like

Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by BluntBoy(m): 8:16am On Apr 12, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Gerrarra here mehn angry
Nor be me and you.

Alright, no adoption grin

And you can be a feminist but honestly, that feminism stuff, especially in Nigeria, is insincere, mischievous and utterly inconsistent. I don't want you joining their bandwagon. We can be good. I will love you, I won't hurt you.
Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:20am On Apr 12, 2018
BluntBoy:

Alright, no adoption grin

And you can be a feminist but honestly, that feminism stuff, especially in Nigeria, is insincere, mischievous and utterly inconsistent. I don't want you joining their bandwagon. We can be good. I will love you, I won't hurt you.

I need to get going.
Hippolyta is busy today.
I won't drop feminism for anything I don't care about your view.
Just look for a non feminist that would be submissive and respect,obey your commandments without challenging your decisions.
If you marry hippolyta it won't work that way.

1 Like

Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by BluntBoy(m): 8:31am On Apr 12, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

I need to get going.
Hippolyta is busy today.
I won't drop feminism for anything I don't care about your view.
Just look for a non feminist that would be submissive and respect,obey your commandments without challenging your decisions.
If you marry hippolyta it won't work that way.

Alright. I will be busy too.

But when I said I would love you, I would take you as my queen and it won't be a master-servant relationship. I am not that type of a man.

Later, my Queen grin
Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by DaddyKross: 8:39am On Apr 12, 2018
See these ones toasting themselves on national television cheesy grin cheesy

Marry koh Maria nii
Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by Safiaa(f): 8:45am On Apr 12, 2018
Being independent is a basic characteristic of adulthood. I don’t understand why it has to be under this stance called feminism. I have my own money, yes as I should. But does that mean I won’t allow my man to take absolute care of me, and treat me as I deserve. I expect you to pay for dates, pay the bills and other expenses does that mean I don’t have any form of independence? Please ah beg let me hear word.

3 Likes

Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by Safiaa(f): 8:46am On Apr 12, 2018
Chikita66:
Feminism is a foreign culture, it is not our culture, Linda ikeji have never called herself a feminist before, so stop tagging her.

One quick question, how many of you feminist are independent? you guys still depend on your man for virtually everything.

That a lady is non feminist doesn't mean she is not independent or she can't be independent, one can still be independent and also not be a feminist, one can also know her worth and her value without being a feminist. I am non feminist and I don't need to be a feminist before I value myself, know my worth and know I should be independent irrespective of the fact that my hubby/my man is working. You asking a man for a gift doesn't mean you can't afford it or you are not a real woman.

Like I keep saying, each gender need each other for the smooth running of things.
100% agree.
Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by Safiaa(f): 8:47am On Apr 12, 2018
You women are trying too hard to be men, it can never work. Just stop it.

1 Like

Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by mickybeejay(m): 11:54am On Apr 12, 2018
Safiaa:
Being independent is a basic characteristic of adulthood. I don’t understand why it has to be under this stance called feminism. I have my own money, yes as I should. But does that mean I won’t allow my man to take absolute care of me, and treat me as I deserve. I expect you to pay for dates, pay the bills and other expenses does that mean I don’t have any form of independence? Please ah beg let me hear word.
Nice one.....I think the reason was that our sense of responsibility has been tampered with and that's why we make a mountain out of a mole hill when you see someone who is willing and determined to face the real world. Cus I can't see why you'll give a name to someone who wish to be successful and live towards achieving it as something out of the ordinary and tag it feminism. I think it all comes down to our mentality, if someone now see his being successful as someone's else responsibility then that person need to be checked.
Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 8:03pm On Apr 19, 2018
Preshy561:

shut your trap,it's Crystal clear you don't even know that the op is married.
keep fooling your old self.
feminist are beautiful, intelligent and not like those dumb ones you can deceive with your 1inch prick.

father lawd..... grin
Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 8:08pm On Apr 19, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

7 what?
Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 8:11pm On Apr 19, 2018
Safiaa:

nawao... truth is, not every lady is expected to be a feminist but feminism is good for we ladies.
A movement trying to liberate us from full patriarchy.
Actually the best thing that have ever happened to womanhood.

I don't want to force our(amara and I) opinions on you though..

goodnight dear

**modified
Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:20pm On Apr 19, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

7 what?
You saw that right cheesy
7 kids. grin
Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 8:29pm On Apr 19, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
You saw that right cheesy 7 kids. grin
in this modern world?
you ain't even talking of 3 or 4.

Godforbid cry
Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:31pm On Apr 19, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

in this modern world?

you ain't even talking of 3 or 4.

Godforbid cry

Hahahaha. grin
Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by Nobody: 8:49pm On Apr 19, 2018
Feminism, what a load of crap.

A woman needs a man as much as a man needs a woman.

Feminists are deluded. There can be only one captain on the ship.

Doesn't matter if you've been paying your bills since you were born. Now that I've married you the responsibility becomes mine.
Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 4:16am On Apr 20, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:

Hahahaha. grin

angry
Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 4:19am On Apr 20, 2018
5thElement:
Feminism, what a load of crap.

A woman needs a man as much as a man needs a woman.

Feminists are deluded. There can be only one captain on the ship.

Doesn't matter if you've been paying your bills since you were born. Now that I've married you the responsibility becomes mine.

smh, later people like you will start shouting liability.

I don't pray you go broke but what if you eventually become jobless and your wife is isn't working ,how're you guys going to fend?

Men with this mentality,,
whatever rocks your boat though.
have a nice time.
Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 20, 2018
TheUpsetGirl1:

smh, later people like you will start shouting liability.

I don't pray you go broke but what if you eventually become jobless and your wife is isn't working ,how're you guys going to fend?

Men with this mentality,,
whatever rocks your boat though.
have a nice time.

I'm not responsible for your lack of comprehension. Read my post again and point out where I said the woman shouldn't work undecided
Re: Feminism In Marriage! A View. by MIKOLOWISKA: 7:37pm On May 19, 2018
SO SAID YOUR PREDECESSORS UNTIL IT WAS TOO LATE
Preshy561:

marriage isn't the ultimate goal of life,shock me with something sensible.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ghosting Gone Wrong / First Cum Of The Year / A Disturbing Email I Got From A Libyan Lady Living In Togo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.