Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,569 members, 7,816,397 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over (11566 Views)

Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. / Kaduna On Fire Again. / Bomb Blast In Kaduna On Democracy Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by kettykings: 2:40pm On May 14, 2010
@ Andromida , A change is very much needed not  just in kaduna , however can the change be a peaceful change can northen nigerians be brainwashed to accept   a positive change for thier good
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by 13volts(m): 2:47pm On May 14, 2010
Same scenario happened in adamawa nottin shele. Infact boni haruna went ahead and completed 2 terms. I see kaduna as no exception to the rule.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Katsumoto: 3:02pm On May 14, 2010
ilugunboy:

This type of logic is repulsive.

My guy, you are a very bad scenario painter.

BTW, let stick to the topic at hand and leave all these wild conjectures aside.

Katsumoto, e be like say you get time to start a debate with this type of mind. grin

Its not that I have time; if no one challenges this sort of thinking, then people just keep posting all kinds of conjectural crap without thinking first.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Afam(m): 3:28pm On May 14, 2010
Katsumoto:

How did a debate about a christian governor in Kaduna turn into potential war[b] between Igbos (note the spelling) [/b]and Yorubas? Please engage your brain before typing.

Hmm, I guess you are at your best when the thread is not about Igbo vs Yoruba, thanks for correcting the guy.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by master2(m): 3:34pm On May 14, 2010
Abu-Maryam:

what people in Kaduna are describing the choosing of Namadi Sambo as V.P is quiet unfurtunate. First of all, I'm a Northerner, i'm highly disappointed in the way the  V.P slot turn Arewa, i just realised that northe really means for muslim. During sardauna days both of muslim and xtian are having thesame preferences, thats wat make sardauna to be popular not only popular but wat makes him stronger. but today things have change anti-clockwise. All the names of would be V.P mentioned earlier by the media there's no single xtian, and yet they're northerners. the slogan is V.P must be from north it does not says northern xtian or northern muslim. could you imagine m
Must Nigeria have a Muslim president from north, and V.P xtian from south, and vise-verser
                                  In the case of Kaduna, there are indigenous Kaduna peaple that are xtian, are you ppl telling me they're second hand citizens?? look they have constitutional equal right with you muslims. What is wrong in xtian to be a Kaduna state governor Did i say makkah governor, am sure u ve heard it. Whenever we look back at the legacy of our founding fathers it always amaze us, why cant we emulate them When sardauna was alive he dissipate all his energy to unite northe, religiously ethnically and what have you. and he succeeded in achieving wat he want. If we are to grow as one we have to be tolerance, religiously and ethnically. I'M DISAPPOINTED IN YOU MY BROTHERS NORTHERNERS.
What an intelligent post! God bless u my sister. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Katsumoto: 3:57pm On May 14, 2010
Afam:

Hmm, I guess you are at your best when the thread is not about Igbo vs Yoruba, thanks for correcting the guy.

This guy, free me now. grin
Besides I don't do Yoruba vs Igbo threads. I like historical threads which invariably touch on pre-independence and 60s events.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by master2(m): 4:01pm On May 14, 2010
edoyad:

^^ The truth is bitter. As Nigeria stands today there's no way development can truly come about. These people reproduce millions of children that will never read or write and that to me is a recipe for disaster.
After the nation breaks into different parts and ND have left with oil money, where will the monthly allocation come from ? The middle belt has an educated work force, untapped minerals and fertile lands to start with, i don't have to tell you about the south-east, south-south and south-west, just where who or where will they turn to ? Is it the Abacha family or Yerima ?

My guy there is no such thing as north, it is the rubbish some mo.rons have been using to hold Nigeria's development back. Unfortunately the older generation in the middlebelt sat back and let their identity be used for such politicking but can you really blame them ? They believed in that one Nigeria crap that people like OBj , Solomon Lar et al still romanticize about.

You just hit the nail at head.
I just hope Yakowa set an agenda for the development of southern kaduna.The area has been left without any meaningful development compare with Kaduna north.
@platoon,
u dey invite death for u and your people. Lets live in peace with mutual rest for one another. shocked shocked shocked
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by 13volts(m): 4:13pm On May 14, 2010
kettykings:

@ Andromida , A change is very much needed not  just in kaduna , however can the change be a peaceful change can northen nigerians be brainwashed to accept   a positive change for thier good
People say all sort of crap. Is only a maginal different dat exit b/w the south and north. Pple talk as if election rigging, coruption and other social vice do not occur in the south. All 6 geopolitical zone depend 100% on oil proceed yet it is a fact pple seem not to accept.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by edoyad(m): 5:00pm On May 14, 2010
Ketty King corruption occurs everywhere in Nigeria, may be even worse among non hausas. But because there's corruption doesn't mean people should not develop; Mexico is one of the most corrupt countries in the world but has a GDP of over a trillion dollars, even Italy is corrupt to an extent but the people and countst still develop.
Take a trip to sokoto, Jigawa, kano, bauchi, yobe or any other capital of a predominantly hausa state and see the level of illiteracy, backwardness and underdevelopment and compare to jos, makurdi, lokoja, kaduna south or ilorin. How many students pass WAEC from the first group i mentioned ?
The middle belt itself is even behind other regions which i know is cos of it's proximity to you know who. If the generality of the hausa people don't want to send their boys and girls to conventional schools and instead prefare madarasas, fine no problem, the thing is that they can go on and do that in their own country which is a fair arrangement if you ask me.

About the kaduna state governorship, that to me is not remotely as important as the creation of a southern kaduna state being talked about. I'm sorry to sound harsh but i hate waking up everyday to know that i come from the same state as some people i absolutely cannot stand or tolerate. I'm not paying there's anything wrong with them, i just do not want to even remotely be grouped or in anyway linked with them.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by 13volts(m): 5:36pm On May 14, 2010
You may as well take the same trip to bayelsa, enugu, ebonyi and see the same level of poverty. Least you forget 11 million pple live in lagos slum. Taking of education, i heard of educated pple branding their children ar wiches and witzards in akwa ibom.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by sheriffman(m): 6:03pm On May 14, 2010
If the northern muslims do not want a xtian as a governor of kaduna,then they should be bold to tell everyone.When the whole of this thing started no one thought or even mentioned Sambo as a contender in the scheme of things but the blessing has come for him in this form and I believe that blessing should also spread to others. Therefore the good pple of southern Kaduna also deserve to ve 1 of their Sons as a guvnor of the state @ least for the first time.Please Let someone asswer this question- Are the Northern Muslims born to rule and rule alone,as they ve made us to believe for so long that they monopoly of power and can decide to share with whomever they choose?As @ yesterday when events turned out this way,I must Confess that there has been side talks in the state So I must confess that the Thenew guvnor to be has to be up and running to ensure that no one undermines his administration.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Afam(m): 6:30pm On May 14, 2010
13volts:

You may as well take the same trip to bayelsa, enugu, ebonyi and see the same level of poverty. Least you forget 11 million pple live in lagos slum. Taking of education, i heard of educated pple branding their children ar wiches and witzards in akwa ibom.

Stop talking about what you don't know. The same level of poverty in Enugu? Are you on drugs or what?

Meanwhile, ensure your spelling is in order before making false allegations against a people.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 14, 2010
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by edoyad(m): 7:01pm On May 14, 2010
13volts, children being called witches and wizards is something the Akwaibom govt has come down hard on and people are in jail for it today with many still awaiting their punishment.No need to mention the outcry that the situation created with people Oyiza Adaba taking the case to the international front.
I beg you to please show where the larger hausa society has condemned the almajiri culture which condemns young boys to poverty and illiteracy. Right now as i speak there are probably more beggars on the streets of Nigeria of hausa origin than there are of children going to school.

At the end of the day, my values and aspirations are totally at variance with yours and what that means is perpetual conflict. Rather than waste my time in conflict with people, i'd rather use that time to develop myself and my environment.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Afam(m): 9:46pm On May 14, 2010
tpia.:

Enugu Sets Up Poverty Eradication Ministry

http://www.thisdayonline.com/archive/2003/10/09/20031009e-b07.html

English comprehension wahala.

2003 and sets up don't make sense.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by 13volts(m): 10:43pm On May 14, 2010
I ve a dream that one day
A muslim Auchi man will be the Governor of Edo
That one day a muslim Igala or Idoma man will govern Beune state
A Hausa fulani or an indeginous muslim Wase man will one day govern Plateau state
Or a muslim will be the governor of Taraba state.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by babuji(f): 10:48pm On May 14, 2010
Quote @ Tpia
muslims must be taught to be tolerant by their religious leaders otherwise nobody will like the consequences of this so-called "change'
Very correct but you can imagine I heard that the Emir of Zaria is actually fanning the flame by saying no christian must govern kaduna under any circumstance.
It is indeed a thoughtless comment knowing how easily the fire embers can be flamed by irrational and jobless youths.
They can try but they will be met with zero tolerance.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by auwal87(m): 11:41pm On May 14, 2010
But why all the Upgrades? Why not just select someone who is not holding any power presently? IMAO.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by auwal87(m): 11:54pm On May 14, 2010
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by paddylo1(m): 11:59pm On May 14, 2010
But why all the Upgrades? Why not just select someone who is not holding any power presently? IMAO.

because the VP must go to the North west zone and Sambo is the guy GJ is most comfortable working with

Left to me i would have given it to David mark

and let the minorities(south south,north central),rule us for a while. . .

Also all this talk about sambo is BS

If u are from kaduna state,u should be happy your governor is VP

he can direct projects to your state,i know there is already one big power plant they are building in kaduna because of him
also he can give contracts to even the so called emir of zaria,or whoever is opposed to the south KD man
so in the end he will be confirmed
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by paddylo1(m): 12:04am On May 15, 2010
[size=13pt]V P: Jonathan Forwards Sambo’s Name To National Assembly[/size]

[b]

At last President Goodluck Jonathan has forwarded the name of Governor Namadi Sambo of Kaduna State to the National Assembly for clearance as Vice President.

Jonathan in a letter dated 13th May 2010 said the nomination was in line with the provision of section 146 of the Constitution which empowers the President to nominate a Vice President with the approval of the National Assembly whenever the office of the Vice President becomes vacant.

The President’s letter to the Speaker of the House of Representatives Dimeji Bankole reads; In compliance with section 146 sub section 3 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria I have the honour to nominate Alhaji Namadi Sambo as Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria by the House of Representatives.

"While hoping that this exercise will receive the usual expeditious consideration and approval of the honourable House of Representatives of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Please accept Mr. Speaker the assurances of my highest regards."

Section 146 (3) reads that "where the office of Vice-President becomes vacant (a) by reason of death or resignation, impeachment, permanent incapacity or removal in accordance with section 143 or 144 of this Constitution, (b) by his assumption of the office of President in accordance with subsection (1) of this section; or (c) for any other reason, the President shall nominate and, with the approval of each House of the National Assembly, appoint a new Vice-President."

The position of the Vice President became vacant after Jonathan took over as President last Thursday following the death of late President Umaru Yar’Adua.

Already the two chambers of the National Assembly have listed the matter for consideration on Tuesday.

Transmission of Sambo’s nomination to the National Assembly was said to have been delayed to enable the Presidency conclude consultation with the federal legislators who had earlier resolved that a member of the National Assembly be considered for the job.

Senators and members of the House of Representatives from the north had earlier in the week endorsed former Governor of Kaduna State, Senator Ahmed Makarfi for the job after the region resolved to yield the position to the North-West geo-political zone to compensate the area for the death of late President Umaru Yar’Adua.[/b]

http://thewillnigeria.com/politics/4517-Jonathan-Forwards-Sambos-Name-National-Assembly.html
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by paddylo1(m): 12:11am On May 15, 2010
[size=13pt]VP Seat : Factors that worked for Sambo[/size]

[b]The need to keep the 2011 race wide open may have influenced the decision of President Goodluck Jonathan to pick Kaduna State governor, Namadi Sambo, as vice president.
Sambo, who was sworn in on May 29, 2007 for his first term in office, is not likely to influence the political arena for the 2011 presidential election, and this gives Jonathan an opportunity to run for president if he so desires.

Already, Cairo Ojuogboh, his special assistant on National Assembly matters, hinted on Wednesday that there was a consensus that the president should run in 2011, and he was going to do so on the platform of the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP). A high profile vice president could put him in the background but with Sambo, those who want Jonathan to run could continue unhindered.

Before Sambo was eventually picked, some high profile officials had been frequently touted and screened by the State Security Service (SSS). They include Yayale Ahmed, secretary to the government; Aliyu Gusau, national security adviser, and Muktar Shagari, deputy governor of Sokoto State. Ahmed Makarfi, former governor of Kaduna State and currently a senator had also been screened and recommended by the northern caucuses in both chambers of the National Assembly. Any of these individuals would likely be seen as presidential front runners.

Makarfi had campaigned in 2007 for the PDP presidential ticket before the party decided to give it to the late President Umaru Yar’Adua.

Also, Gusau has been frequently mentioned as a presidential hopeful since 2007 when he made a feeble attempt to pick the ticket of the PDP. He was then national security adviser to ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo. Another factor that worked in favour of Sambo is that his fellow governors endorsed him. At a meeting governors held with Jonathan on Wednesday night, the state chief executives resolved that the Kaduna State governor was their choice.
Namadi Sambo

Given the prominent role governors have come to play in governance since Obasanjo asked them to nominate one of their own for the 2007 presidential race, it was unlikely that Jonathan would treat with levity any recommendation made by the governors. If he is desirous of running the 2011 presidential race, he will benefit from the cooperation and understanding of the PDP governors.

The northwest zone of PDP had wanted to produce the vice president as compensation for losing the presidency with the death of Yar’Adua and also for geo-political balancing. With the Sambo pick, that has been satisfied. Born on August 2, 1952 in Zaria, Kaduna State, Sambo graduated from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, with a degree in Architecture. He was commissioner for agriculture for three years, and later commissioner for works, transport and housing before running for the 2007 governorship election.

Sambo’s record in Kaduna State in the last three years, includes the famous security outfit operation ‘Yaki’ that has virtually wiped out armed robbery in the state; launching of an urban rail transit programme, building new huge water works in Zaria and two other towns, building the brand new Millennium City on Kaduna’s eastern wing, as well as building 1,000-bed ultra-modern hospital in the new city.

On Tuesday afternoon, he had led a large delegation from Kaduna State, which included all its powerful political actors, as well as traditional rulers and clerics to visit Jonathan at the State House. They condoled with him over the death of Yar’Adua and also congratulated him on his assumption of office. Afterwards, Sambo had a private meeting with Jonathan, and it is believed that it was at that meeting he was intimated of his choice as the new vice president.

[/b]
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by EzeUche(m): 1:03am On May 15, 2010
Everyone knows the Igbo bear the brunt of any sectarian or ethnic conflict. But gone are the days when my kin would run to their homeland. They will defend their land of die trying if anyones comes for it.

The Yoruba on the other hand will beg the Emirs of the north to protect them like they did when the Hausa were slaughtering Igbos prior to the Civil War.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by asha80(m): 1:05am On May 15, 2010
^^^^^ My friend keep quiet.You like talking trash.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Osama10(m): 2:10am On May 15, 2010
EzeUche:

Everyone knows the Igbo bear the brunt of any sectarian or ethnic conflict. But gone are the days when my kin would run to their homeland. They will defend their land of die trying if anyones comes for it.

The Yoruba on the other hand will beg the Emirs of the north to protect them like they did when the Hausa were slaughtering Igbos prior to the Civil War.

So you mean they are brunt bearers in Nigeria. cheesy
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Tattooboy: 3:49am On May 15, 2010
*Just marking attendance here*
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Yefet(m): 6:49am On May 15, 2010
The Population of Kaduna state is almost equaly divide at 50% Christians (If not more) and 50% Muslims. The whole scenario here, is that the Hausas (Majority northern kaduna Muslims ) have had political dominance since pre-independence period, while the problem of the Christian (South of Kaduna) has been that of more than 3 dozen ethnic groups and they lacked unity to reach a consensus to bring a single candidate for Governorship elections, and that has been to the advantage of the Hausa's who exploit this situation and has always giving them the Governorship ticket for so long.

If any one say's Kaduna state is a Muslim dominated state (Population wise) He must be a big liar. Politicaly Hausa's have dominated and I think it's high time they wake up and realise that the time is up and the rule of Law must take place. As the constitution provide- where the Governor is out of office the next in command (Deputy) takes over.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by zubeyr(m): 7:26am On May 15, 2010
I am tired of those Notherners giving bad name to Islam but when you ignore the basic tenants of your faith you can become intolerant and unfair did the Prophet peace upon him appointed Zeyd ibn haritha who was slave and young teenager as the military commander of his closest khalif's Abu bakr umar usman and Ali ? did the quran stated that the inter ethnics tension are worst than the killing ? did the quran stated that whoever want to believe or deny is free to do it? did the quran stated that the Muslim shouldn't argue with people of the books( Xtians and Jews)
did the golden age of Muslim ruling in spain (Andalusia ) has focused on the citizenship as the basic criteria and not the religion for high appointment?
so why not a Xtian or agnostic can't be a governor or leader in Kaduna when Leopold sedar Senghor a Xtian Chatolic ruled as the President of one of the most stable west african country the Senegal for almost quarter century and where more than 95%  are Muslims
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by buffox: 7:36am On May 15, 2010
^^ I totally agree with you my friend. no one to blame but the crazy leaders that have ruled that part of the country before, and instilled the sense of intolerance based on religious lines.

Fashola is a muslim, is Lagos a muslim dominated state? Instead, all we hear is we dont want PDP to rule lagos. That is what it should be. In the north, it is about muslim/christian, how backward and narrow-minded could they have gotten? The only thing that can save them now is a succession of broad-minded leaders over the next decade or so, who would help to step down this spirit of intolerance, or else they are doomed. Rubbish people.

The fulanis that brought the religion here are in senegal and other west african countries, where cohabiting is a main-stay.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Acidosis(m): 7:51am On May 15, 2010
Nigeria is nothing but a dump for some political & religious idiots. They no longer see what's written in their holy 'book', but they always find opportunity to create crisis and war. They don't know the meaning of democracy because they graduated from the school of illiteracy.
As a matter of fact, only a goat (animal) can rule us sucessfully.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by bayo1(m): 7:53am On May 15, 2010

Why don't u stop all these trashes you are oozing out of your mouth! Poisoned mind!
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by jmoore(m): 8:30am On May 15, 2010
well many have said what i wanted to say

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Will Meet Boko Haram Members For Dialogue – Dasuki / List Of Largest Shopping Malls In Nigeria / Yunusa Dahiru 'Yellow': Wike To Help Kano Man Convicted Of Child Trafficking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.