Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,699 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over (11567 Views)

Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. / Kaduna On Fire Again. / Bomb Blast In Kaduna On Democracy Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Nobody: 9:01am On May 15, 2010
Typical Nigerian attitude. We cant stand each other. Ghaddafi offered a solution and y'all call him mad. Interestingly the big wigs dont discriminate each other when its time to chop. They are one Nigeria when it comes to looting and ruining this country and we are here making cases for their behaviour
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Nobody: 9:12am On May 15, 2010
@ Poster. Why are you afraid that a Christian governor will emerge? If you live there and you are scared, then leave town.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by auwal87(m): 10:01am On May 15, 2010
Ije004:

@ Poster. Why are you afraid that a Christian governor will emerge? If you live there and you are scared, then leave town.

I am not afraid, and I didn't see anything bad in it, and I don't live in Kaduna.

I also pray something bad will not happen, but I am voicing out the way some "extremist", irrational, and jobless youths, may use the opportunity to spark violence in the state as babuji said earlier.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by KnowAll(m): 10:23am On May 15, 2010
[size=14pt]I think Gov Jang of Plateau State is a bad example of a Christain northern Governor, Kaduna State are afraid that this Christain Deputy Governor might become another Jang, using Police Men attached to him as a Murder squad in a ethnic cleasing operation of getting rid of the Hausa / Fulani from Plateau State. We all know power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. undecided[/size]
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Chuks84(m): 10:40am On May 15, 2010
I think Gov Jang of Plateau State is a bad example of a Christain northern Governor, Kaduna State are afraid that this Christain Deputy Governor might become another Jang, using Police Men attached to him as a Murder squad in a  ethnic cleasing operation of getting rid of the Hausa / Fulani from Plateau State. We all know power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Undecided

This comment only shows the level of your ignorance and illiteracy. what kind of logic are you using? so because gov. Jang is not performing that means all christians are not fit to govern in the nothern region. Using your logic, then i i will say all muslims are not even fit to govern their states cause i don't see any nothern governor making discernable progress in their states. You are letting your dislike of one man get in the way of your judgement, its obvious you are a bloody tribalist for you to be making wild claims like the one you just made.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Akosbaba(m): 10:46am On May 15, 2010
Poster,i hope u're not advocating religios zoning cos the regional zoning sucks already.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Bawses(m): 10:49am On May 15, 2010
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]I think Gov Jang of Plateau State is a bad example of a Christain northern Governor, Kaduna State are afraid that this Christain Deputy Governor might become another Jang, using Police Men attached to him as a Murder squad in a ethnic cleasing operation of getting rid of the Hausa / Fulani from Plateau State. We all know power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. undecided[/size]

Of course you will notice that because he is xtian and retaliated. I did spend 20+ of my life in jos and will be in a better position to say stuffs about the crises. During previous crises, the chief of army/defence was muslim and majority of army personel sent to clamp down situations are muslims and u need to be there 1st hand to see how their so called clamp down is being metted on the xtians. Though not justifying his actions, but you cant help it when you gett pushed to the wall for too long. As a means of self defence you come all out and exhibit the animal instinct in you which we all carry around in us. So my friend that is not a situation of power corruptin and doing so absolutely.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by kettykings: 11:20am On May 15, 2010
Now that we have reached a stalemate in the politcs of the country nigeria (the muslim / christain hausa,fulani / m belt dichotomy), why cant nigerians reasonably sit down and talk to one another in a sovereing conference and after that stand up to vote what they have agreed in a referendum .
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Afam(m): 1:38pm On May 15, 2010
KnowAll:

Ethnic bigotry is bad but religious bigotry is worse.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by clown: 2:43pm On May 15, 2010
If Nigeria is a nation, what is all the fuss about? Do we have people who are[b] more [/b]Nigerian based on their ethnic and religious affiliations? Na wa o undecided
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by okunoba(m): 3:03pm On May 15, 2010
@13volts, I presume u are a Muslim Northerner and u love Nigeria.  If that is the case, can u honestly say it`s is in the interest of Nigeria and the Muslim north to keep on producing millions of young kids that will never learn anything other than the Koran while their counterparts in the south are busy learning the necessary skills needed to survive in a modern World.
As an enlightened person the struggle should be about putting a stop to the almaraji culture that keeps on producing millions of unskilled and uneducated adults who have nothing to offer  society other than the call of the Imams and Emirs, who only exploit them just to stay in power.  We gain nothing trying to score cheap points, by comparing the incomparable. Tell me how many southerners do u see  going around the country begging?
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by MUZBO(m): 3:49pm On May 15, 2010
Stupid thread! In this age?
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by udezue(m): 4:14pm On May 15, 2010
Gone are the days when the Igbo turned the other cheek. From Kaduna, Onitsha, Aba, Akaluka Kano riots, etc the younger generation are saying enough so if the Hausa know what is good for them the won't start any trouble in Kaduna knowing damn well the Igbo will get drawn into it. Currently in Plateau state they have been very careful in keeping their bdy fight between them and the Berom in mainly Berom villages not Jos city where other ethnic groups might be forced to side with the Berom and finish them off.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by alldone(m): 4:15pm On May 15, 2010
there is nothing wrong with a christian governor. he will do well afterall the state belong to all of them.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 15, 2010
Afam:

Ethnic bigotry is bad but religious bigotry is worse.

Mazi, ndewo!

This topic is only a tip in the iceberg of the average northern-moslem's mentality. I served in Kaduna State (Zaria to be precise) and I can tell you that these fellows have no single regard or respect for anyone except those of with the duo designations of hausa/fulani & moslem.

This is the very reason why Nigeria cannot make progress in its present structure. We can wait till dooms day, but there mentality will never change. The only language they speak is voilence and blood spilling. That is why irrespective of the selfishness of the so called Niger Delta Militants, their language of violence is being heard even in the North.

I have been consistent in calling for restructuring. The so much power at the centre is the backbone of the winner take all mentality of those fellows. They had to watch Yaradua die than for him to resign.

The current clamour is "where the next President will come from" and not about getting a credible personality who will lead us to a positive direction. As if the Northern Southern divide is not enough, the hausa/fulani moslems has arogated to themselves the ignoble role of an army intimidators. It is either they are in charge or there will be violence.

Nigerians should not think that this is just a threat. Rather than condemn the poster outrightly, we should commend him for mirroring to the open the demonic and evil thoughts of his kinsmen. Non moslems in Kaduna especailly the Igbos should be at aleart. The warning bell has gone forth, dont be caught napping.

Sometimes, I wonder if writing stuffs here do matter in anyway! For  a while now, I simply come in, peep and bow out. I saw your replies to this post, and I feel like saying, "this is one of the reasons why we disagree often on the Nigerian question".

Nigeria is not one, Nigeria has never been one, and Nigeria can never be one, except there is a miracles way of making the hausa/fulani moslem accept that all Nigerians have equal rights but that will be going against the teachings of their faith. they are thought that non moslems are second class citizens.  No matter how they shy away from it, something is fundamentaly wrong with the Islam!

Onye nwe anyi nonyere gi!
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by deluxecad(m): 5:17pm On May 15, 2010
If the appointment of Mr. Sambo as VP and the ascension of his deputy as the Kaduna state gov'nor will spark off religious-ethnic violence that will spill the blood of innocent citizens, let another option be considered. I'm sure Goodluck knew his deputy was christian before his choice. He shouldn't just start his make-up rule with troubles. He should get another VP.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by pestherel(f): 5:29pm On May 15, 2010
when can we learn our lesson oh Nigeria! its really disheartening to hear well enlightened people think this way. we have a long way to go. Allah ya gyara.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 15, 2010
So a 'Christian governor to be' might inflame religious tensions abi

Now ask yourself is Islam really that peaceful

Weren't the last 2 Lagos governors Muslim, no one even dared raise an eye brow

After when they say go school, they say 'Boko Haram'
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by 13volts(m): 6:51pm On May 15, 2010
@ All
you guys are sick wit all ur poor minded posts. No body is jitty about a christain governor in KD. Same situation took place in Adamawa State, infact the governor went ahead and completed 2 terms. Yet you guys seem not to see that as an established case of reference, bcoz you all are bunch of tribalcoted fools.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by 13volts(m): 7:23pm On May 15, 2010
@poster
kudos for fulther unearthing the bigoted minds of our so call educated Nigerians across the Niger and also for such undeserved attention your stupid topic has generated.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Piro4rl(m): 7:31pm On May 15, 2010
we hope he will bring peace and freedom of faith
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Osama10(m): 7:35pm On May 15, 2010
Uncle Joe, Choose whom ever you want to and if anybody thinks of fighting in KD because of the next inline for the govenorship seat then he should also know that it might also be the end of his/her life too.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by okunoba(m): 7:43pm On May 15, 2010
@13volts, thanks 4 the information, I never thought there would be a problem with having a Muslim or christian leader anywhere in Nigeria as long as it`s done democratically. U are right about some Nairalanders  always looking for an excuse to paint the North bad. We are all responsible 4 the ills of Nigeria regardless of religion or ethnicity.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Apomuman: 7:54pm On May 15, 2010
All enemies of Nigeria will consider religion as the basis of electing, selecting and appointing leaders. What has religion done for Nigeria rather it has continue to divide us and increase evil tendencies. Whoever is the next person after Sambo should be the next governor and you that is promoting religion as the basis for appointing the new governor should come to reality that we are no more in the dark era.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by JaaizTech: 8:46pm On May 15, 2010
donspony:

So a 'Christian governor to be' might inflame religious tensions abi

Now ask yourself is Islam really that peaceful

Weren't the last 2 Lagos governors Muslim, no one even dared raise an eye brow

After when they say go school, they say 'Boko Haram'
This is not an issue of "Islam" per say but the internal politics in Kaduna. However; it is only understandable that the Muslims / Hausa would prefer a Muslim Governor over a christian Governor just the same way the Catholic Igbos in Enugu / Anambra prefer a Catholic Governor to an Anglican (and Vice-versa) and definitely they would never accept a Muslim Governor even if He were to fall from heaven.

Whichever way, there is no excuse for violence and I don't think there would be violence as long as the Government does not rig elections, does not allow evil perpetrators to spread rumours or exploit the mistrust between the people of Kaduna-South and Kaduna-North. (This is directed to all northerners in this Forum: You all need to resolve amongst yourselves that you would do everything you can to encourage Education amongst your people. I live in the North and it is sad to see the high level of uneducated youth; no Nation or group of people will grow without growth in Human Capacity. Islam does not forbid western Education as it is evident in the South-West where the best/most knowledgeable Muslims are those with western Education.)
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by 13volts(m): 9:25pm On May 15, 2010
@ the last 4 posters
thanks for those constructive moments. It is true that an increase in the education level in the north and an end to the evil and outdated almajiri system would help in instilling the much needed development in the north.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Goldmind1(m): 9:33pm On May 15, 2010
God is not only interested in taking Kaduna, but also Kano.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by auwal87(m): 10:19pm On May 15, 2010
Apart from possible crisis in the state, these might also happen as the Deputy takes over;

1. Muslims in the state will rather vote for another party that have a Muslim candidate, therefore PDP will lose Kaduna state in 2011
2. Sambo may not be Jonathan's choice in the 2011 elections, as such, Sambo will lose both the VP and his chance for the second tenure in Kaduna state
3. If Jonathan is not the candidate of PDP in 2011 elections, then the above also applies to Sambo
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by paddylo1(m): 10:29pm On May 15, 2010
Apart from possible crisis in the state, these might also happen as the Deputy takes over;

1. Muslims in the state will rather vote for another party that have a Muslim candidate, therefore PDP will lose Kaduna state in 2011
2. Sambo may not be Jonathan's choice in the 2011 elections, as such, Sambo will lose both the VP and his chance for the second tenure in Kaduna state
3. If Jonathan is not the candidate of PDP in 2011 elections, then the above also applies to Sambo

How about instead of that BS u listed,this is what really happens

1. PDP will win kaduna state with the help of vice president sambo and Southern Kaduna ppl
2. PDP will nominate a muslim and the Deputy Governor will be his running mate,and take over in 2015
3. Jonathan and Sambo will run together for 2011
4. If jonathan refuses to run in 2011(which i doubt),then sambo will be the front runner
5. If sambo is not the front runner then he should go and rest,as there are many other ppl qualified to run,abi na only am wan chop?

Shikena
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by auwal87(m): 10:35pm On May 15, 2010
paddy_lo:

How about instead of that BS u listed,this is what really happens

BS1. PDP will win kaduna state with the help of vice president sambo and Southern Kaduna ppl
BS2. PDP will nominate a muslim and the Deputy Governor will be his running mate,and take over in 2015
BS3. Jonathan and Sambo will run together for 2011
BS4. If jonathan refuses to run in 2011(which i doubt),then sambo will be the front runner
BS5. If sambo is not the front runner then he should go and rest,as there are many other ppl qualified to run,abi na only am wan chop?

Shikena

Hmm, PDP would have won Kano in 2003 with the help of President Obasanjo, if that really works, which I doubt much.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by Linusman(m): 10:38pm On May 15, 2010
;Dpresent sir grin
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by destinyokpalayahoocom(m): 11:17pm On May 15, 2010
I'm still saying what i have been saying, northernians need a through seaker of truth who'll tell them the truth of relationship between moslims and christians. They don't know that they are worshiping the same GOD! <ALLAH!>. Call me tomorow i'll be saying the same bcoz i've seen the vision and is reality. Nigeria is one nation believe me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tambuwal Remains Speaker Until Conclusion Of Substantive Suit - Court / Pictures Of Funmilayo Ransome Kuti:"the First Woman To Drive A Car In Nigeria" / Keyamo: Recruitment Into Federal Civil Service No Solution To Unemployment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.