Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,663 members, 7,816,701 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over (11568 Views)

Fashola Poses With His Wife In His Office As He Prepares To Hand Over. PICTURES. / Kaduna On Fire Again. / Bomb Blast In Kaduna On Democracy Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by ODIBABA1: 6:20am On May 23, 2010
@lastpage why did the same West insist on the Ota King Kong in 2003, even when it was apparent he was steering the country towards destruction? The Yoruba are full of mouth, but in realty is bloody tribalism. I was so surprised to read Wole Soyinka also rooting for Obasanjo in 2003, the rest is now history. We NdiIgbo only want to be left alone. Biafra is a most!
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by lastpage: 3:09am On May 25, 2010
@ODI,
I am not against the actualization of Biafra, if that is the wish of majority of Indigbos. I repeat, self-actualization/Determination should be put to a referendum in any association of nationalities. End of Story.

As regards your question on why YORUBAS voted for OBJ in 2003, my answer is these:

1.)Who do you suggest they vote for? Atiku? Ojukwu? Okay, he was not even contesting! The North was at their usual "king-making" games once again.
2.) Since the Yorubas insist they dont want OBJ but the East, and the North especially, foisted him on the country, its only logical that we "join" you guys in the next election 2003
3.)Much more importantly, l think you will agree with me that the whole OBJ fiasco was a ploy by the North, to pacify the West with regards to the EVIL that IBB/ABACHA did to their son MKO ABIOLA (Infact, about the only person ever credibly elected by all Nigerians in a free & fair election, to-date) BUT at the same time, ensuring that the payback was not without malice and self-interest!
Like the Gift from the Devil, it has to come with a catch, and the catch was that evil OBJ!

If everyone listened to the Yorubas in 1999, that slowpoke will never have smelt Aso Rock, he would have rotted in jail where he belongs.
But then, what do you expect, after looting the country using Operation Feed the Nation (OFN) and annexing it to Obasanjo Farms Nigeria (OFN!), you guys still wanted him as President in 1999, then you all deserve what you gat! Or did we not warn you in 1999?

Guess l answered your question.
BTW: I still insist that you refine your language in a public forum like this. Calling a whole nation (Like Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba) and addressing them with such foul language does no good to your person and distracts from the point you're trying to make.
Cheers
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by jokingmary(m): 8:59am On May 26, 2010
whats wrong about that
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by ODIBABA1: 3:54am On May 27, 2010
@lastpage, thank you! Let me start by saying that even the Hausa/Fulani being whom they are to Ndi Igbo, I’m yet to see many of them in forums making mockery of the Igbo by the use foul or derogatory words against the backdrop of Igbo situation in Nigeria. I can say without contradiction that most Yoruba folks made a duty of insult to NdiIgbo whenever Biafra is mentioned, and this is not limited to ordinary people…so my choice of word can not be different as no one has monopoly of insults against another.

About Biafra: The actualization is a foregone conclusion; the question is rather when, and how? Nigeria has never worked, and will never work.

Now to your point about answering my question: I’m afraid no! I’m no expert on the scenario that brought Obasanjo to power in 1999, for one thing I know; NdiIgbo mostly voted for him based on his age and experience. Besides, there was no guarantee Olu Falae would fair better. The notion of rejection of Falae by Nigerians is normal practice in any democracy. Obasanjo had better curriculum and experience. We were presented with two Yoruba candidates and we chose Obasanjo. He disappointed and we decided to vote him out and try another person, then the Yoruba came back with tribalism. Even in the face of all the atrocities Obasanjo had committed the Yoruba made a deal with him to sustain him in power and help him perpetuate himself,
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by lastpage: 10:49pm On May 27, 2010
@ODI-BABA [QUOTE]I can say without contradiction that most Yoruba folks made a duty of insult to NdiIgbo whenever Biafra is mentioned, and this is not limited to ordinary people[/QUOTE]

I totally disagree with you on the above assertion.
If some disagree with you in principle, on the issue of actualization of Biafra, l dont think you should term that as an insult.
They may just feel they dont buy the idea, some others still feel Nigeria together, is better than Nigeria divided.
I agree with the last notion on the condition that we practice "pure confederacy" and allow each region to develop at its own pace, while controlling its own natural resources but contributing some capital to a "weak center". ofcourse, those that loot at the center dont want to hear that (there would be less to loot and less aggregation of absolute power grin ).

I think it is the notion that "if you dont agree with me or my position, we are enemies", that makes people think such disagreement is insulting.
Having said that, we can not rule out "uncouth" people, people with deficient upbringing, that disparage a whole nationality just because one person or a few people from such nationality angers them.
For example, hearing Ojukwu being the first, (from the Indigbo side and knowing how weighty his word is, as head of the Ohaneze Ndigbo) to publicly back IBB's Presidential aspiration (not minding the way IBB recently insulted ALL Nigerian Youths, after stealing and destroying their patrimony when he was in govt for 8yrs), one would be justified to be miffed at such rascality but it will be pertinently wrong to disparage ALL Ndigbo just because of that.
Same goes for that Otta-Ape.

[QUOTE]Obasanjo had better curriculum and experience. We were presented with two Yoruba candidates and we chose Obasanjo. He disappointed and we decided to vote him out and try another person, then the Yoruba came back with tribalism. Even in the face of all the atrocities Obasanjo had committed the Yoruba made a deal with him to sustain him in power and help him perpetuate himself[/QUOTE]
I agree with you "reservedly" on this and l qualified my agreement because in principle, Obasanjo was expected to use 8yrs but the North wanted to play a "fast one"! grin.

Reason:
1) The invitation of Obasanjo was meant to pacify the Yorubas in 1999, for the injustice done to their kin even (MKO ABIOLA) though we would have proffered a more "intelligent and representative" Yoruba being.
2) In this pacification arrangement, it was recognized that the Northerners have dominated the presidency for about 80% of Nigeria's self rule and
"one term" of 4yrs cannot go anywhere near the envisaged pacification.
3) The PDP's arrangement of "zoning" which eventually kicked-in another Notherner in 2007, would make a mockery of the whole pacification process, if they are allowed to 'grab' that seat again, just after 4yrs. Mind you, the Northerners were banking on the Yorubas rejection of OBJ in 1999, to use him to achieve their aim (pacification) and then dump him unceremoniously just afterwards but trust the Yorubas to decipher when someone is playing them for the fool! It was just to show them that we can be "simple" but we are not stupid, even if it meant being "flexible" towards someone we dont like.
I think the Yorubas should be commended for that singular act. It shows discernment. Maybe some other tribe would have stubbornly stuck to their guns and assisted in rejecting their own but ask me, who would has lost out? The answer is obvious.
Had we not done that in 2003, you can bet that its highly unlikely that a South-South person will be Nigeria's President today though it had some divine intervention sha.
Its this kind off discernment that l would like to see such that if an Igbo person decides to contest the Presidency, instead of "lining-up" behind IBB, would it not have serve the Indigbo's purpose, to line-up behind one of their own?

Another repetitive mistake that l think the Ndigbo-leadership makes (just my own opinion from the way events unfold, l might be wrong so, no offense) is that in rating the North and the Yorubas, they think they have a better chance of achieving their "aim" by supporting the North.

While l think the events of the civil war might be the major reason for taking this position, events as they have unfolded, has shown that "this position" is faulty.
The events of 1966 wasn't actually a "Yoruba decision".
It was the acts of one man (Awolowo) whom in my own opinion, wanted to become the President of a "big, united Nigeria" in future, than become the President of a smaller, divided Nigeria. God knows the heart of man and has a way of "paying them back" in their own coin. Awo never achieved that objective somehow, even though he was eminently qualified by virtue of "cranial ability"
In my own view, the Ndigbo have to re-align politically.
If you think two people dislike you, you need to ask yourself, "which is the proffered of the two devils", if l may use such analogy.

Look back at events in modern day Nigeria, from religious riot to ethnic cleansing, look at "accommodation of the Ndigbo in terms of business and property ownership (since the 70's), look at business spread and location of such business, and YOU CAN DEDUCE WHERE THE NDIGBO INTEREST IS BEST SERVED, even if you dont like the tribe.
I am not speaking as a Yoruba person, l am speaking like "if it were me what would l have done"?
But ofcourse, these are just from my coconut head and nothing more grin
Cheers man.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by udezue(m): 11:01pm On May 27, 2010
Ndi Igbo have nothing to gain with the moronic Northerners. The only people up North worth our time are the Middlebelt people. Between the Core North and Yoruba, I'll rather deal with the Yoruba or just dook it out on my own. Its not like the North treated us any better than the Yoruba during the war so the Igbo must play the game with no sentiments. Back whoever u think got what u want and dump whoever u feel like dumping without any feeling of guilt. There are no permanent enemies or friends.
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by ishmael(m): 12:41pm On May 28, 2010
udezue:

Ndi Igbo have nothing to gain with the moronic Northerners. The only people up North worth our time are the Middlebelt people. Between the Core North and Yoruba, I'll rather deal with the Yoruba or just dook it out on my own. Its not like the North treated us any better than the Yoruba during the war so the Igbo must play the game with no sentiments. Back whoever u think got what u want and dump whoever u feel like dumping without any feeling of guilt. There are no permanent enemies or friends.

Don't be naive. The middle belters were the ones that killed the igbos more before and during the civil war. In States like Plateau, niger, Kogi, Benue, etc igbos were killed like chicken and yet you want to still have something to do with them?? Becareful o. What is the difference between fowl and guinea fowl? all of them na fowl oh, hope you know that??
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by lastpage: 5:21am On May 31, 2010
@Ishmael
What is the difference between fowl and guinea fowl? all of them na fowl oh, hope you know that??

the first one is an ordinary fowl, like the one in my backyard! cry cry

The second one is obviously a native of Guinnea-Bissau and is imported from there thus, it qualifies to be called IMPORTED! grin grin grin

or would you exchange an imported Spare-part for a local one made at Oshodi? wink shocked shocked

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by ODIBABA1: 7:11am On Jun 04, 2010
@Lastpage I am really sorry to reply late, I had got my hands full,  and I hope you don’t mind. Dude, accepting self determination and developing in ones pace is the most important among the contending nations we call Nigeria; we agree on that, so there is no problem. I most say without fear of equivocation that the owners of Nigeria are the Hausa/Fulani; the fact is that the rest are jerks! They claim to belong hoping that tomorrow will be better. This is the position of most Yoruba, large section of your people fools themselves about one Nigeria, they believe on utopia and only hope on impeding illusion.
At this moment, if you give me Jonathan and IBB, I will without question take IBB, reason; in this situation I find myself as second class citizen, I will accede to the best offer, Babangida is the best offer to NdiIgbo at the present because he gave us Asaba in the past, we might still get something tangible from him…even Biafra.
About Ojukwu, he is another onye Igbo! Besides, his case is bigger than my shoe size! What he says or does is far greater than my comprehension though one thing is clear; Dim Emeka Ojukwu to we Igbo is lager than life; a phenomenon, an icon, and a puzzle hard to crack, if you will. It’s just like I won’t expect you to believe all my assertion, however, they are true. So anything Ojukwu said in favor of Babangida should not come to the Yoruba as surprise. Babangida is Ogugua NdiIgbo by title and we have Asaba to show for that. If you agree with me that the dent of the black race, Nigeria, should be separated for our survival, then you're my friend else, the struggle continues
Re: Kaduna On Red Alert As Christian Prepares To Take Over by auwal87(m): 12:45am On May 06, 2012
2 years on... sad

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Probe Electoral Fraud In South- East --- APGA Urges Buhari / Ambode Donates 50million Naira To IDPs In Three State For Upkeep / Court Grants Shamsudeen Mohammed Bail For N100m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.