Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,352 members, 7,860,912 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:48 PM

Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency (36107 Views)

Lagos Residents Hit The Streets To Protest As Hunger Strikes Hard Amid Lockdown / Nigerian Youths Take Things For Granted - President Buhari / Olusegun Obasanjo To Endorse Atiku Abubakar Eventually - SR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by efficiencie(m): 3:37pm On Apr 14, 2018
Holadokun:
Nigeria problem is more than english speaking... my question is what has been his contribution to Nigeria?

This is the about the shortest and most sensible comment on this thread...if Nigerians had brains to think like Holadokun we would not have voted in many of the idiots that ruled us thus far! This was how Jonathan crawled out of nowhere and he got support for presidency. See this one na wey suppose first win lagos or any other state governorship election and show his leadership abilities at the state level he wan dey target presidency for wia PhD holders in RIGology dey for both PDP and APC...izzokay o, goodluck!

2 Likes

Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by ednut1(m): 4:03pm On Apr 14, 2018
SirNuell1:

Are you an agent?
jyes
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by jojothaiv(m): 4:14pm On Apr 14, 2018
Noted...
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by quincee88(f): 4:55pm On Apr 14, 2018
kimjongJezebel:
This myopic and useless guy that campaigned for Buhari? So he suddenly realized Buhari is no longer the saviour... Mtchwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
TRUE BRO, WE ALL DID THAT BUT HAVE REPENTED. ONLY A WISE MAN WILL KNOW THAT NO MATTER HOW FAR HE HAD JOURNEYED IN A WRONG ROUTE, IT CAN NEVER TAKE HIM TO THE RIGHT DESTINATION. FELA CAN PILOT A BETTER COURSE FOR OUR NATION, YOU CAN DO SAME TOO IF YOU ARE DETERMINE TO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by King4Roller: 5:10pm On Apr 14, 2018
placeofallure:

Fine, this is planet � earth, Stay in your Jupiter!
Please help me reply. I sent you a pm
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by 7lives: 5:28pm On Apr 14, 2018
DrToche:
If the president is not coming from the east,then people are not yet ready for good governance... Mark my word

I can't help but agreed with you, which part of Nigeria is BETTER GOVERNED than the East.
Empty boast as usual,
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by emmasege: 5:33pm On Apr 14, 2018
His handlers and supporters should tell him to first apologize to the nation for campaigning vigorously for PMB in the last election.

Until he does so with sincerity, I will use everything within my power to campaign against him even though he's my tribesman.

On a serious note, the dude should first go test his leadership ability by contesting for his state Guber election.
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by mikolo80: 9:58pm On Apr 14, 2018
kimjongJezebel:

He's a bit older than I am or almost the same age range. With his education and exposure, he still went ahead, campaigned and voted for Buhari despite his terrible antecedents shows he's extremely myopic and beyond redemption.

I now prefer a dead rat than this guy called Durotoye
with your education who did you campaign for
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by mikolo80: 10:09pm On Apr 14, 2018
papoudaupolos:
All these youthless that want get to the yam.
who hol you from getting the yam
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by mikolo80: 10:13pm On Apr 14, 2018
you leave
more yam for us
ednut1:
Waste of time. Beta go get ur aussie or canny visa leave zoo
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by mikolo80: 10:14pm On Apr 14, 2018
Riversides2003:
Politics in Nigeria is still very crude,except he is adopted by the so called old timers,his chances are very slim. Would have love to have people like this in government.
where is politics not crude.better stop dreaming and get into the fight
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by mikolo80: 10:15pm On Apr 14, 2018
show one well governed easter state or local gwament
just one
DrToche:
If the president is not coming from the east,then people are not yet ready for good governance... Mark my word
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by mikolo80: 10:16pm On Apr 14, 2018
kennygee:
The same Fela Durotoye that sold Nigerian youths to this Hunger causing Government?

God forbid.
when
show link or forever hold your peace
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by mikolo80: 10:16pm On Apr 14, 2018
pdp is dead mr man
no more loot
SmartPolician:
Dreamer!

There are two contenders in Nigeria: APC and PDP. Just like US Republican and Democrats

Those two parties shape the political destiny of Nigeria

The earlier other time wasters realize it, the better
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by mikolo80: 10:17pm On Apr 14, 2018
lonelydora:
The youths have started again oooo! They will not look well now.

That is how we all made the mistake of voting in this Daura dul.lard in 2015.
oya you wen look well who u de vote for
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by mikolo80: 10:20pm On Apr 14, 2018
obonujoker:
The most important thing is to educate the northerners on why they should vote merit rather than religion or tribe....
northerners always vote mer

I wish we can visit mosques, and tell them why they shouldn't vote for Failhari....
what is stopping you
just have good reasons
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by mikolo80: 10:25pm On Apr 14, 2018
islandmoon:
hahah

thousands from Niger republic, chad ,mali and sudan are already with our voters card, they are in the south south and south west and other regions , the even have seriki in your land, they have voters card as they have registered and ready to vote while you couldnt take time to even get the voters card, I bet you will be in your sitting room, glue to your TV on election day and watch them vote the useless buhari in again! hahahah!!
not everyone is accepting cowardly defeat like you mr man.at least he is doin som'n
what are you doin
or you think laughing will solve the problem

1 Like

Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by mikolo80: 10:36pm On Apr 14, 2018
Newpride:
If wishes were horses, fools will ride.

Inasmuch we all agreed we need sensitive youths in government isn’t enough reason for people who haven’t bn able to detect the bearing of their personal life not to talk of the lives of almost 200m people.
so apc and pdp have detected their bearing for last 60myears
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by omohayek: 10:46pm On Apr 14, 2018
jpphilips:

The bad news is that the so called youths are yet to roll out any content, all they sing is "vote me cos im a youth", oh yea!! Hillary clinton once asked voters to give her a chance haven failed in Libya, they must accept her cos she has tits, thats the downside of democracy.
Quite laughable!!
You have perfectly captured my concerns about the candidacies of both Sowore and this Durotoye character. What selling points do they have other than "youth"? What are their precise political philosophies? How were these shaped? What concrete plans do they have to make Nigeria a better place? How will these be financed? I could go on and on, but these are the sorts of hard-headed questions taken for granted in every developed country, yet to which nobody in Nigerian politics has ever bothered to give credible, well thought out answers to, not even these so-called "youth".

Say what you like about Awolowo, but there can be no doubt that the man thought carefully and for many years about how best to use power, and that he had a coherent political philosophy, one he laid out in detail over many years even before he became premier of the Western Region: indeed, it was on the basis of such a solidly thought-out platform that the Action Group went from nothing to dominance in the space of just a few years. Nobody of equal intellectual stature has risen to the top of the Nigerian political scene since 1979 - since then it's all just been about rousing tribal and religious sentiments, then making up the difference by either bribing voters on election day or outright rigging your way to victory.

"Youth" is all well and good for a few people to get excited about, but I'm not about to get worked up over any fresh new face until I see solid evidence of a coherent political platform that stands a realistic chance of being implemented. To those who insist that "youth" must mean "better than Buhari", let me just point out that Adolf Hitler was only 44 when he was made Chancellor of Germany, and we all know how well that worked out in the end ... Buhari is both incompetent and decrepit, but it's pure delusion to imagine that his replacement couldn't be far worse simply because the person is a "youth" (whatever that means in Nigerian politics).

5 Likes

Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by bash8936: 11:31pm On Apr 14, 2018
DrToche:

Lolz. U people are too full of yourselves.. imagine comment, sometimes I wonder which kind school dey south east self bcus I don't undastand why some set of ethnic group go just decide to dey racially bigotry and degrading of other tribes except themselves. So until ur tribesman become president naim 9ja go Betta. Lolz. Don't you have Governors, Minister's, Senator's, Director's from your regions, what miracle have they done in their respective capacity. U people will come here and other social media and say trash about other tribes and culture despite your Pastoral lives and you expect other tribes to vote for you in any election or support you in anyway or even live happily with you. You people Better change or continue the hatred? Mtcheew

2 Likes

Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by islandmoon: 9:35am On Apr 15, 2018
mikolo80:
not everyone is accepting cowardly defeat like you mr man.at least he is doin som'n
what are you doin
or you think laughing will solve the problem

hey! are you normal?
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by Nobody: 10:03am On Apr 15, 2018
lightness77:

Fela Durotoye was not the only one who voted Buhari in, a host of others also did. Blaming him for buhari failure is like blaming the super eagles coach for the super falcons defeat, it just doesn't relate.

Fela is young and not under APC or PDP, that's what matters, I don't who wins, as long as you're not Buhari I'm fine with it.

Really??

He is myopic. He has a small mind and cannot rule.

Folks like us saw buharia as a failure. We saw the future then and warned folks like him. He was myopic to have supported buharia.

Myopic, unreasonable, angry and hungry folks like him and somiwore of sahara report should stop ranting. pmb must arrest them now. They must enjoy C-H-A-N-J-I
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by DrToche: 11:46am On Apr 15, 2018
bash8936:

Lolz. U people are too full of yourselves.. imagine comment, sometimes I wonder which kind school dey south east self bcus I don't undastand why some set of ethnic group go just decide to dey racially bigotry and degrading of other tribes except themselves. So until ur tribesman become president naim 9ja go Betta. Lolz. Don't you have Governors, Minister's, Senator's, Director's from your regions, what miracle have they done in their respective capacity. U people will come here and other social media and say trash about other tribes and culture despite your Pastoral lives and you expect other tribes to vote for you in any election or support you in anyway or even live happily with you. You people Better change or continue the hatred? Mtcheew
how is naija since the Igbo have not taken the leadership of this country...?

pls think b4 u quote me next time
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by LajaLaba: 1:13pm On Apr 15, 2018
DrToche:

Lol u people are joke
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by mikolo80: 6:33pm On Apr 15, 2018
islandmoon:

hey! are you normal?
asn normal as ur papa
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by jpphilips(m): 6:36am On Apr 17, 2018
omohayek:

You have perfectly captured my concerns about the candidacies of both Sowore and this Durotoye character. What selling points do they have other than "youth"? What are their precise political philosophies? How were these shaped? What concrete plans do they have to make Nigeria a better place? How will these be financed? I could go on and on, but these are the sorts of hard-headed questions taken for granted in every developed country, yet to which nobody in Nigerian politics has ever bothered to give credible, well thought out answers to, not even these so-called "youth".

Say what you like about Awolowo, but there can be no doubt that the man thought carefully and for many years about how best to use power, and that he had a coherent political philosophy, one he laid out in detail over many years even before he became premier of the Western Region: indeed, it was on the basis of such a solidly thought-out platform that the Action Group went from nothing to dominance in the space of just a few years. Nobody of equal intellectual stature has risen to the top of the Nigerian political scene since 1979 - since then it's all just been about rousing tribal and religious sentiments, then making up the difference by either bribing voters on election day or outright rigging your way to victory.

"Youth" is all well and good for a few people to get excited about, but I'm not about to get worked up over any fresh new face until I see solid evidence of a coherent political platform that stands a realistic chance of being implemented. To those who insist that "youth" must mean "better than Buhari", let me just point out that Adolf Hitler was only 44 when he was made Chancellor of Germany, and we all know how well that worked out in the end ... Buhari is both incompetent and decrepit, but it's pure delusion to imagine that his replacement couldn't be far worse simply because the person is a "youth" (whatever that means in Nigerian politics).

Let me walk you through their logic, after a while of male political dominance, a woman comes around with the rhetoric, "vote me cos Im better without any ideas, afterall, ive got tits".

After an elderly dominance in politics, a dumb youth says, "vote me because im a youth" forgetting that majority of state governors in the past were mostly youths.
You took your Hitler example too far, Ibori was 40yrs in 1999 when he took office as delta governor, we know how well it worked out for Deltans

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 17, 2018
kennygee:
The same Fela Durotoye that sold Nigerian youths to this Hunger causing Government?

God forbid.

So, who are you planning to vote for?
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by Nobody: 7:10am On Apr 17, 2018
DrToche:

Do you guys use your brains at all before you talk?

What makes you think an Igbo presidency can do better?

Is there a significant difference between all Igbo states rules by Igbo governors and the rest of Nigeria?

How old are you anyway?

1 Like

Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by islandmoon: 2:23am On Apr 18, 2018
mikolo80:
asn normal as ur papa

I doubt, check your brain, seem you have pap there instead!
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by mikolo80: 4:09am On Apr 18, 2018
islandmoon:

I doubt, check your brain, seem you have pap there instead!
like your father abi
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by islandmoon: 8:10am On Apr 18, 2018
mikolo80:
like your father abi

you see? you just proved it, you are a gutter product, stop insulting people fathers, this is between us, well may be you do not value your own father because he impregnate a prostitute who gave birth to you and dumped you in the gutter before you were fund and raised by a good hearted woman, sorry dear, I know how you feel. but you still have to value your father no matter what. fathers are precious.
Re: Youths Take To The Streets To Endorse Fela Durotoye For 2019 Presidency by mikolo80: 5:47pm On Apr 18, 2018
islandmoon:

you see? you just proved it, you are a gutter product,

like your father abi

stop insulting people fathers,

wwhy not if they keep breeding imbeciles who insult strangers because you have no argument

this is between us,

you shud a thought of that bfor you ran your miouth

well may be you do not value your own father because he impregnate a prostitute who gave birth to you and dumped you in the gutter before you were fund and raised by a good hearted woman, sorry dear, I know how you feel. but you still have to value your father no matter what. fathers are precious.
i can see you are talking from your father and mother's experience experience.no wonder you lack home training and decency

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Soldier From Kogi Dismissed For Protecting Biafrans (Video) / Olu Okeowo: Area Boys, Fake Pastors Are Products Of South West Nigeria (Video) / Photos From Jimi Agbaje's Daughter Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.