Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:08 AM

Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits (4200 Views)

N180M Fraud: Court Frees Ogbulafor / Ogbulafor, Pdp Chairman, Charged To Court For Theft Of N104m / How Abacha, Abusalami, Obasanjo, Dan Etete, Atiku, Pdp, Audu Ogbe, Vin Ogbulafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by paddylo1(m): 8:02pm On May 13, 2010
[b]Ogbulafor quits
Ayo Okulaja
May 13, 2010 07:58PM

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=yp1GU3HuZMNUf7C3hyrjRS6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxSZloXdsF6$hHXuhTIl3xH2nW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]
Embattled national Chairman of the People's Democratic Party (PDP), Vincent Ogbulafor has resigned as the party's leader.

Mr Ogbulafor is currently facing trial in an Abuja High Court for allegedly defrauding the federal government of over N100 million while serving as minister of special duties during the Obasanjo administraton.

Mr Ogbulafor was arraigned by the Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) at an Abuja High Court on Monday where he pleaded not guilty to a 16-count charge and was granted bail on liberal terms.

Opposition parties, such as the Action Congress had called on the Mr Ogbularfor to quit against the backdrop of his impending trial over alleged fraud charges.[/b]
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by naso2(m): 8:05pm On May 13, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You sure?
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by Nobody: 8:08pm On May 13, 2010
Source please
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by chosen04(f): 8:13pm On May 13, 2010
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by paddylo1(m): 8:14pm On May 13, 2010
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by Biggoozz: 8:46pm On May 13, 2010
Now I'm smiling for my dear country, by 2025, Nigeria would be the most desirable nation to live in. MARK MY WORDS!! cheesy
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 13, 2010
This is simply mafiosi politics at work.

If you dissent on Jonathan's views then all the crimes you committed even in high school will be uprooted. If you agree then you are not corrupt. Since Timipre Sylva declared his loyalty to Jonathan, no one is arresting his finance commissioners anymore on corruption charges.

Now Ogbulafor has resigned, very soon the next obstacle to Jonathan's ambition to be President will be the most corrupt man in the country.

We will see where this will get to. Dissent is part of democracy, people who disagree with the President should not be blackmailed with corruption when the President's own wife is implicated in a case of money laundary.
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by Abagworo(m): 9:20pm On May 13, 2010
a man against his own people has nowhere to fall back.OJO MADUEKWES TURN IS COMING.
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by Kobojunkie: 9:22pm On May 13, 2010
krendo:

If you dissent on Jonathan's views then all the crimes you committed even in high school will be uprooted. If you agree then you are not corrupt. Since Timipre Sylva declared his loyalty to Jonathan, no one is arresting his finance commissioners anymore on corruption charges.

Now Ogbulafor has resigned, very soon the next obstacle to Jonathan's ambition to be President will be the most corrupt man in the country.

roflmao!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by Osama10(m): 9:30pm On May 13, 2010
IBB watch it.
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by molosco: 9:50pm On May 13, 2010
beter for all of us.
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 13, 2010
He must have stepped on bigger toes, i learnt he was kissing IBB's a s s
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by blacksta(m): 10:08pm On May 13, 2010
krendo:

We will see where this will get to. Dissent is part of democracy, people who disagree with the President should not be blackmailed with corruption when the President's own wife is implicated in a case of money laundary.

Spot on bro - It seems Jonathan is more deadly than initially thought - Get rid of ogbulafor somehow diminshes the zoning formula - all this preparing the stage for GJ to run for presidency come 2011.
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by Nobody: 10:11pm On May 13, 2010
~Bluetooth:

He must have stepped on bigger toes, i learnt he was kissing IBB's a s s

I think u have gay friends and may be gay too.
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by Nobody: 10:42pm On May 13, 2010
krendo:

I think u have gay friends and may be gay too.
lol, l meant 'he was doing everything possible to gain favour from Ibb
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by Nigerd(m): 11:36pm On May 13, 2010
Breaking News: Ogbulafor resigns
Headlines May 13, 2010

Prince Ogbulafor

By Henry Umoru

ABUJA – THE embattled National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Prince Vincent Eze Ogbulafor may have bowed to pressure today and resigned his position as the head of the National Working Committee, NWC of the party.

There were very strong indications that he tendered his letter of resignation, though as at the time of this report, there was no official confirmation from the national leadership of the party that Ogbulafor had tendered his letter of resignation, just as he was not seen in the office throughout today and his official aides were also not available to speak on the issue.

At Wadata Plaza, the National Secretariat of the party, Staff of the Party were seen discussing the issue in very low tune against the backdrop that they had not formally been briefed.

The PDP National Chairman had on Wednesday while answering questions from Journalists said he had no plans to resign and that he was still the National Chairman of the Party.

It would be recalled that some members of the party under the aegis of PDP Reform Forum with former Senate President Ken Nnamani, ex-Speaker, Federal House of Representatives, Aminu Bello Masari along side other stakeholders have been in the forefront calling for a better and more operational National Working Committee that would drive the PDP in line with the ideals of the founding fathers.

Also recall that the call for his resignation became heightened following his prosecution at an Abuja High Court along side three others by the Independent Corrupt Practices Commission, ICPC over a 16-count criminal charge involving N2.3 billion fraud. This, the party members and Nigerians are of the view that it became imperative for him to resign especially as the one presiding over a party that produced the government of the day which professes rule of law, transparency as its cardinal objectives.

Before the news of his apparent resignation, the National Chairman had got the support of the twenty-eight governors of the party, but as events unfold, they started dumping him gradually starting with Governors Ikedi Ohakim of Imo, Martins Elechi of Ebonyi and Sulivan Chime who had during their meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan asked him to resign.

Also on Wednesday night, it was gathered that majority of the governors who had been his backbone at the end of the meeting held at Kwara State Governor’s lodge decided to remove the ladder from his feet, leaving him to be on his own.

But answering questions from Journalists at the Party National Secretariat, the PDP National Secretary, Abubakar Kawu Baraje who noted that the National Chairman cannot resign as Chairman without his consent, was however selfish with answers, saying, “The national chairman of a party like peoples democratic party cannot resign without you hearing. I cannot confirm that to you now but maybe in the next few hours I will be able to confirm yes or no.

On whether he can deny the rumour, he said, “ did you hear what I said I cannot confirm and I am student of English too, I said in the next few hours.

“On a serious note it is no longer news that three governors from the eastern state asked him to resign as a result of the case in court and you know the process of electing our chairman and various members of the executive party they come from the zone before they are now elected through national convention. So he has to go on consultations with his zone and presently he is doing a lot of consultation around from his zone and the outcome of the consultation is what will tell us whether he is going to resign or not that is why I tell you that presently I cannot confirm and I know that before the end of the day definitely you will know the out come of his consultation, today definitely you will know the outcome of the consultation.”

On what is the process of resignation and whom will he handover the letter of resignation to, the PDP National Secretary said, “the process is very clear in the constitution. If he resigns then there is a vacancy and the constitution says that if there is a vacancy, he hands over to the Deputy National chairman pending the appointment of a new chairman from that same zone and the appointment will also have to be confirmed by the executive committee of the party.

“The process is that he will resign handover to the deputy and the deputy will hold forte and the letter will have to be presented to the deputy who will present it to the NEC and at the same time approved.

Asked further the role of the NWC, he said, “who is the deputy national chairman representing? It is the NWC.

When asked if the NWC members are happy with the present development, Baraje answered thus, “Any body can be accused of anything including you gentle men. If you are accused, it does not mean that you are already convicted.

You see you are all enlightened people at certain level. There are various kinds of behaviour. I read in one of the newspapers today that in Nigeria, we don’t resign, even in the culture where they reside you resign base on various factors as a result of when people who elected you into position say they don’t have confidence in you any longer you resign. Two, when it is proved that you have committed misconduct in your profession. And in this case of the chairman is being accused of wrong doing and the court process is on. He has not been convicted the only snag in this situation is that his zone that voted him to come and represent the party level said he should resign. He now says let me consult wider in that zone which is what he is doing. So the idea of whether we are happy or not has nothing to do with the situation.

“If we are happy and the zone says they have rescinded their decision for him to resign fine he comes back whether we are happy or not he seats down as the chairman. If we are unhappy we cannot remove him because all of us come from different zones and states and like you know different states and zones make up PDP

malam says:
May 13, 2010 at 9:24 pm

i life of an igboman is very interesting!!! they are pragmatic to a fault. in nigerian politics you dont need to be pragmatic. i wish that the president go round the country and sale the idea that zoning is not good for the country, that is what presidents do!!! not hiding in aso rock or aguda house while other will be doing his biding. as a president he has to be assertive, presidents dont fellow the masses the masses fellow the president. then he should investigate danjuma that made one millions in oil well in his backyard and return 500million to fund a foundation!! who is fooling who? he should also investigate obasanjo because why ogbulafor is being victimize is because of his comment, this case happen this ealier than jonathan wife case, ribadu was forgiven in hast or was it a presidential pardon? selective persecution is bad, what is good for goose is good for the gender!!! president jonathan this is not the way to get legitimacy!!! remember u call yar adua a goodman? what u r doing doing shows u dont respect for him, two of you are from thesame party and was elected on the same ticket, u are reversing everything sacking people that he appoint. is ask is it because of there incompetence or what pls nigerians what to hear it. i am tired of all these trump up charges, stop political vendetta and work for nigerians, we want to c ur work not ur sack!!!

#
Justice Umunna says:
May 13, 2010 at 9:20 pm

Please leave him alone, “Ogbulafor” was apointed by his people, you have no authority to resign him in any way and the constitution did not aprove that, so judge your self before others.
#
Chukwu says:
May 13, 2010 at 9:16 pm

This is a welcome news. I hope that Obgulafor will be tried for corruption and abuse of office. That will help send a clear message to those South East leaders who are abusing their people for love for money. It will send a message that their, crime will be investigated in due time and there will be no hiding place for them. And that will also go to the rest part of Nigeria.
#
Shameless says:
May 13, 2010 at 9:14 pm

Why did Ibori go to Dubai?. Why did he not go to Brazil or Columbia at least to cool off. This boy don disgrace me.
#
ezue says:
May 13, 2010 at 9:09 pm

when are we nigerians going to speak the truth “ALWAYS”. OGBULAFOR, OBASANJO and others have robbed the country blind. No matter what ethnic group you are from, these people do not need our support.
#
obinna says:
May 13, 2010 at 9:08 pm

ogbulafor said PDP will rule for sixty years, look at how he is being disgraced
good for him though, this is a lesson for who ever that will emerge. the same disgrace awaits most sycophants in nigeria
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by paddylo1(m): 11:37pm On May 13, 2010

That is how politics is played. . .to the winner goes the spoils

I bet u that if Yaradua had recovered he would have dropped Jonathan and picked ibori for VP 2011

but that is not what happened so no need to start complaining,
if u are corrupt u are corrupt. . .Ogbulafor should not be stealing govt money like that

that is too barbaric. . .he should have instead done the job and inflated the contract
not forging fake documents,fake companys and for fake contracts. . .its retarded
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by Goldmind1(m): 11:47pm On May 13, 2010
This man's HEAD and NOSE are all big.
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by oge4real(f): 11:50pm On May 13, 2010
Jonathan is pregnant, who knows wat he will deliver?
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by isimili: 12:16am On May 14, 2010
Victory for common sense. this was long overdue.
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by marcdunu: 12:26am On May 14, 2010
and who will prosecute Jonathan's wife?
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by sjeezy8: 1:07am On May 14, 2010
blacksta:

Spot on bro - It seems Jonathan is more deadly than initially thought - Get rid of ogbulafor somehow diminshes the zoning formula - all this preparing the stage for GJ to run for presidency come 2011.

Zoning will still be there but in 2011 that will be the SS's term and then back to the north afterwhich the SE. It just speeds up the process.

Jonathan is no saint and his time is coming if he fu%ks up by trying to stay longer than the time hes given.
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by udezue(m): 1:21am On May 14, 2010
Foolish people. Ojo Maduekwe should be next.
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by Abagworo(m): 3:26am On May 14, 2010
udezue:

Foolish people. Ojo Maduekwe should be next.
Abagworo:

a man against his own people has nowhere to fall back.[b]OJO MADUEKWE[/b]S TURN IS COMING.

we know them and they have no hiding place.
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by OAM4J: 6:14am On May 14, 2010
by this am sure it is now clear to every one that power has changed hands.
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by nethacker(m): 6:50am On May 14, 2010
holiday in kirikiri maximum prison is coming for OJO maduekwe, grin grin
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by JaaizTech: 7:27am On May 14, 2010
OAM4J:

by this am sure it is now clear to every one that power has changed hands.
1 - 0 to Jonathan; Ibori next on the line. I am loving this Jonathan guy; Keep axing everybody on your way and don't forget Maurice Iwu.
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by jamace(m): 7:54am On May 14, 2010
Is this a sign of good things to come in Nigeria?

My concern is GOODLUCK Jonathan should rub enough goodluck on Nigeria before the end of his tenure.
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by Nobody: 9:00am On May 14, 2010
Hmmm, underestimate the qiuet Edo Man at your own peril. Sarki Muktar, Alerrio, Abba Ruma, Iwu, Alams now a praise singer, Ibori On the run from Nigeria (Arrested in Dubai, who ever thought that will happen to a man who had the AGF on Nigeria as his personal lawyer), Ogbuolafor now, hmmm, let me go and check all my online posts and delete any thing i may have said against this Ijaw man, before i am indicted for fraud and forced to resign. LOL
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by chidichris(m): 9:25am On May 14, 2010
a man against his own people has nowhere to fall back.OJO MADUEKWES TURN IS COMING.

@Abagworo,
u said it all.
the late chuba okadigbo did same when he planned the removal of evan ewerem as the senate president and the rest was story.
many have been used against their own ppl and their end is what we see in ogbulafor and my prayer is that others who are in the same behaviours will be rewarded in the same or worst manners.
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by violent(m): 9:39am On May 14, 2010
Joey Boy!

My boy's got a big axe!

No noise, just actions!
Re: Ogbulafor Pdp Chairman Quits by adconline(m): 10:01am On May 14, 2010
Fear of Jonathan is the begining of wisdom. OBJ vs Audu Ogbe style? This gives us an insight on how general elections are going to be played. This man is not going to be different from OBJ.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Will Soon Prove Critics Wrong / Buhari Urges Nigerians Not To Expect Miracles / Blatant Rigging In The South-south And South-east

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.