Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,048 members, 7,953,164 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:39 AM

Before You Settle Down For Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Before You Settle Down For Marriage (1179 Views)

To The Men. Which Will You settle for / How Do You Settle With Your Partner When You Have A Little Quarrel? / My Experience With A Lady I Intend To Settle Down With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Settle Down For Marriage by sweetilicious(f): 8:52am On Apr 14, 2018
Listen,before you say am ready to spend the rest of my life with someone, open your MIND and ask God for help. Its not about the wedding but the marriage. Ask God for wisdom and understanding. Ask God to give you a wise partner wit understanding as from Proverbs.
My friend Ben is no more because he married a woman with no wisdom. Ben had wisdom but was desperate to settle down as everyone was asking, When will you marry?
Ben was a hardworking man with vision, hope and faith for the future. He had a business and was training himself in school. He was a comfortable man. Ken met a young lady in his finals. The lady claimed to be in pursuit of her national diploma,he felt she had prospects just like him. Ben decided to leave singlehood and settle. After two months of his wedding, Ben's business withered down even to an extent,the business was no more. His cars were sold. During his wedding,he paid through his nose for the list given to him. Wife to had no means to support but ensured he paid every pin in the list claiming it was their tradition. Ben borrowed a lot for the wedding. The rumour was that the woman came with bad luck.
Ben shamefully stayed away from friends not until one day,he decided to open up to us as to what has been going on. His partner would resort to bashing him all the time. We even intervened and asked her to learn a handwork to support her husband,her excuses was baffling "My child is too small and its his job to take care of the family". I quite agree woman,but its no longer that way? I advised,pls try to support him at least emotionally. This lingered,her family made things even worst especially her mother who fought Ben for asking the daughter for list of things needed in the house. She claimed Ben should release money and not mind what it should be used for. Ben was emotionally destabilised.He got someone that leased a bus to him on higher purchase. His wife left saying she didn't plan to be with a driver.
Ben died this week in an accident probably as he was thinking about his life while driving. The wife called to let us know the bad news but with no sympathy. Maybe she is happy to have a genuine reason to philander around.
I have been so sad of his demise. Ben has been looking forward to remarry with better qualities in mind as he told me. Not his previous wish he looked for in a partner. Ben could not achieve this after 1 year his wife left him. All the hassles and hard work in this life yielded no result. May your soul Rest in peace Ben. I am with heavy heart. Women should learn to give peace to their husbands. Everyone should look before they leap. Do not be desperate.

1 Like

Re: Before You Settle Down For Marriage by bjayx: 8:56am On Apr 14, 2018
Ben was a mumu.
The story was produced by...

1 Like

Re: Before You Settle Down For Marriage by Nobody: 9:01am On Apr 14, 2018
Though I didn't read the ops epistle but i believe that emeka is the father of the unborn child from Ruth and buhari should take responsibility by being the real man of ronaldo and Michael Jackson should return home to owerri where his family are staying in Enugu..

what am i even saying?
Re: Before You Settle Down For Marriage by donstan18: 9:03am On Apr 14, 2018
cheesy
Re: Before You Settle Down For Marriage by Kobicove(m): 10:38am On Apr 14, 2018
DrinkLimca:
Though I didn't read the ops epistle but i believe that emeka is the father of the unborn child from Ruth and buhari should take responsibility by being the real man of ronaldo and Michael Jackson should return home to owerri where his family are staying in Enugu..

what am i even saying?

Where did you see Emeka, Ruth etc in the story? grin
Re: Before You Settle Down For Marriage by Realname: 7:52am On Sep 03, 2018
Nice
Re: Before You Settle Down For Marriage by chiommy123(f): 10:24am On Sep 03, 2018
People will still blame you for trying to be careful. Shame you for waiting for the right one
Re: Before You Settle Down For Marriage by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:27am On Sep 03, 2018
ok
Re: Before You Settle Down For Marriage by sweetilicious(f): 6:41am On Sep 04, 2018
chiommy123:
People will still blame you for trying to be careful. Shame you for waiting for the right one
This is a true life story.My dear,please wait o.Don't be in a rush.Allow your timezone.If you marry at the age of 35 to the man of your dreams, and you have been marked to die at the age of 50,Your life would be a fulfilled one for 15 years.Someone that married at the age of 20 but lived in hell all through would live 30 years wasted life in agony.This is my thought tho.I still stand to be corrected.
Re: Before You Settle Down For Marriage by Babacele: 7:35am On Nov 12, 2018
Hmmm, sorry Ben . There is a Ben in all of us but it takes a stubborn resolve and a selfish obstinacy against the facades of a veiled pretense to love from the evil one to overcome the fire of early relationship fever that consumes most of us, for us to see clearly.

Little things or observations like how a mate talks, feelings for pets or animals, care of strangers, unsolicited help to an elderly or an invalid, natural empathy for related or unrelated folks in need, tolerance for all shades of persons- gays or straight etc reveal the true self to me . Education , career achievement blah,blah are just added advantage.
May Ben's soul go back to God, amen.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

_ / Twitter Guy Give Out Advice After A Girl Tried To Harass Him In A Club(Images) / Had gxg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.