Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,522 members, 7,826,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Without Promises... - Literature (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Without Promises... (78632 Views)

Society Of Young Nigerian Writers Promises To Make 2023 Eventful / Ana President, Camillus Ukah Promises To Consolidate On Achievements / Osun 2018: HDP Candidate Wole Adedoyin, Promises Quality Education In Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Without Promises... by obyikye(f): 10:23pm On Jul 06, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
Hello everybody... So sorry I haven't updated in a long while. me too dey vex for myself tongue

Maybe it's writers block or probably my personal emotional and physical problems... Make I no promise wetin I no go fit do cuz I don't want to keep giving update and run series. I will be fully back next week hopefully and won't take a break till we reach the promised land kiss

Thanks you all for understanding
OK, no problem, hope you are great.
Re: Without Promises... by Kaycee9242(m): 1:42pm On Jul 07, 2018
Op tanx a lot for d update, it will be good if u can tell us d date for d next update so we don't need to be refreshing d page every day
Re: Without Promises... by Pinkfeet: 2:21pm On Jul 07, 2018
okay ooo
we are wating
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 4:17pm On Jul 08, 2018
For a second I was speechless. I couldn't believe my friend could do such to me. "Bastard" I muttered as I wiped the tears that was already flowing freely down my face. She didn't give me air, no she was indeed brutal with words that I had to imagine, "is this really Lizzy or someone impersonating her".

Her voice gave her away, I can't mistake it for that of anyone. My heart broke a million piece. "And for the record, Frank is here with me!" She said as she dropped the call. I looked at my phone again and I asked myself "Did I ever receive a call from anyone just now?" But then again my mind kept repeating her exact words in my head.

"When you keep parading yourself like Queen Elizabeth, you don't know what would hit you abi? I and Frank has been seeing for awhile now and did you bother ask yourself where he slept when he left you the night your period came up like a lunatics unannounced". "Bastard! Bastard!! Stupid Bastard!!!!" I screamed as I feel back in bed buried my head's in the pillow and cried my eyes out.

That night, he had quickly rushed to the bathroom, cleaned up and was like "Nne hazie onwe gi o (babe arrange yourself o)". He didn't even wait me up, he left rather too quickly and I wasn't even bothered to care where he went to as I was still nursing the injury I sustained that day from the Landlord.

I had thought he probably was going to grab a bottle of beer or two from the bar and join me later on that night but how wrong was I. Dude didn't show up till the next morning and came up with the lie that he had an emergency meeting with S.A's that night and didn't have the time to tell me cause he was in a hurry and I probably would have slept off.

So while I was left to cuddle up alone that night, Lizzy who was in the next room after mine was moaning her lungs away to his massive d.ick and hearing all those his crazy Igbotic moans. That was just too much to bear, he still had the guts to leave me here and go join that biitch in God knows where and probably told her everything.

"Olaedochukwu you don suffer" I thought to myself as I shook my head. It was difficult to admit that I was already deeply in love with Frank. I had never cried this much for a man before, Derrick was close but certainly not this much. Without a second thought, I picked up a few things and headed to Awka.

I was determined that no body was ever going to make me back down on Frank, never. Maybe his brother, the Priest in St.Anthony would help me achieve my aim. I had alot to discuss with him and all I could pray for was for things to turn to my favor.

"Oya third seat your money" I heard the conductor scream while arranging the naira notes he took from other passengers. That was when it occurred to me that I had no money on me. In my subconscious state to have a listening ear to share my plight with, I had forgotten that Frank didn't drop a dime for me neither do I have any penny on me, truly all I had to offer Frank was sex and more amazing sex.

I was jolted back to reality when the woman with a baby sitting close to me tapped me and was like "it's remaining only you o madam". I felt the ground should open so I sink in. "Ehmmmm what did you say?" I stammered but I guess the conductor had already dealt with my type before. He didn't even wait for me to finish before he started shouting at me like a wounded lion.

"Which one is ehmmm? I no dey for that kind rubbish o, your money na 300 naira! Oga pack well! Be like say person go come down now!"

Tbc

4 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by Igyeseh(m): 4:32pm On Jul 08, 2018
SapphirePRINCEX:
For a second I was speechless. I couldn't believe my friend could do such to me. "Bastard" I muttered as I wiped the tears that was already flowing freely down my face. She didn't give me air, no she was indeed brutal with words that I had to imagine, "is this really Lizzy or someone impersonating her".

Her voice gave her away, I can't mistake it for that of anyone. My heart broke a million piece. "And for the record, Frank is here with me!"
Kai, na update be this?
After such a long absence?
OP, fear God nah. If this tori don taya you, pls kindly tell some of us to unfollow.
Haba!!
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 4:44pm On Jul 08, 2018
Igyeseh:

Kai, na update be this?
After such a long absence?
OP, fear God nah. If this tori don taya you, pls kindly tell some of us to unfollow.
Haba!!
lol u ehhhh... Didn't know some people would be here o... Lolzzz... grin grin grin grin

My phone has issues Sha, I most times write little post and then modify to complete else everything I type will wipe off embarassed grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 5:04pm On Jul 08, 2018
CHAPTER TEN

" Oga abeg nah" I said softly while begging him to calm down with me but he wouldn't have any of my pleas. "I no dey help woman!" He shouted "una dey evil, I rather help my fellow man wey no get" he continued and shouted again. "OGA stop this motor now!".

It seems nature was trying to be very cruel on me that day, if not, how is it that a very pretty girl like me at that point couldn't have her way or maybe a male passenger helping me out. Luck was just too far away from me. "Look at this fool talking about women being evil, no be man put me for this kasala" I thought as I eyed him seriously while he was still laying heavy curses on me while the driver slowed down to clear from the road.

"Driver abeg pity her nah, she no hold" the people sitting beside me started to intercede on my behalf as our bus came to a halt in a very lonely road. "Shey na to beg, una no go help me pay ordinary 3h" I thought to myself while maintaining a sober sorry look to either attract pity from the conductor or the passengers.

"Madam abeg abeg abeg we no get time, save us stress come down!" the driver shouted while looking at me through the side window. Then I heard him murmur "300 u no get yet na pancake full your face like that wey u be like doll baby abegi". I was hurt by his words, that I immediately wore back my pride like a cloak and got down from the car.

To hell with them, so long as humans ply this road, I must get to my destination, I thought to myself as I alighted. "Yeeye You think say your fine face go safe you" the conductor shouted and gave me a "Waka Shege" as they drove off speedily leaving me in the middle of nowhere.

I tried calling Frank severally but he wasn't taking my calls. "Baby please am sorry" I found myself texting him while I trekked slowly and waited patiently for a response so I could tell him to come pick me up.

After about 10minutes trek, I borrowed myself sense as I saw a black tinted Honda Jeep coming close. "Please help me!" I shouted as I kept trying to flag it down. The car made to stop but probably on a second thought zoomed off again. Chai, I have to keep doing this, I thought to myself, help must come.

It took another 10minutes for a clean Camry spider to come my way. This time, I was already exhausted from flagging down vehicles. This one saw a tired classy girl trekking all by herself and probably decided to help. I had already decided to accept my fate and probably trek my way to Awka but nature didn't want that for me.

I was already at UmuIjiji when I heard him reach out to me, "baby are you heading to Amawbia?" I shook my head and softly said "Awka" I was already too tired to even feign a flirty smile. My makeup must have started looking weird from sweat and exhaustion. " You mind come in?" He offered and without a second thought, I entered his car.

"My name is Frank and you?" My eyes widened "haaaaa not again!"

Tbc

9 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by skubido(m): 7:10pm On Jul 08, 2018
Den take frank do u ni.

OP tanks a lot for the update.

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by queenitee(f): 7:11pm On Jul 08, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: Without Promises... by YINKS89(m): 9:40pm On Jul 08, 2018
Dey use frank swear for u?
Re: Without Promises... by Ann2012(f): 9:52pm On Jul 08, 2018
Na Frankenstein go be next grin

Thanks for the updates Sapphire
Re: Without Promises... by Pinkfeet: 10:12pm On Jul 08, 2018
thanks for the update
Re: Without Promises... by izaray(f): 10:10am On Jul 09, 2018
God bless you op
Re: Without Promises... by PrudySara(f): 2:17pm On Jul 09, 2018
Issokay...Another Frank again. I wonder whether them use Frank do this girl.
Thanks for the update
Re: Without Promises... by marianneada(f): 7:27pm On Jul 09, 2018
Cadec007:
lemme help you call register:labelle123(make up 4 last time), charytea, bimberry1307, gucciqueen38, parismoore, biadefolar, adesina12, giannaaaaaa, shewrites, ellabae, ghostwritter, centino, pinkfeet, vhally fasttrack curvydiva InkPaperVodka cyndy1000 TheBlessedMAN twoclans kimberlyWest ericsmith rosalieene kaycee9242 MhiztaRange prettyMizQdot chivera018 uniquechild skubido casler godwindanielboy donpiiko BdorianGray Rhemy2013 donnaD audina nelem princessmj ayodijex nikz vickysunmomi lady25 ann2012 mc6xty WAACUT canme4u victoria2000 mjay05 aharpride1 tgold1 INDUSTRIALFAN stevodot22 FortunateB crystalprince honourable356 oluwakemi65 stancyfrosh xaviercasmier Alexk2 Rollins777 Dessydemmy Divpen1 obyikye FloraEC IamXcessiz eniafelamo princessyere1 stellamarisII Ibunkun1 Kimoyo Pearl05 Sweety189 Peluhmii queenitee tonexyx joyberry millenia Chii8 Jane1234 Halyma Silver1996 onetop funkyjenny marianneada, akinwale14
I'm here dear, thanks for d invitation

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by yewande1234(f): 9:27pm On Jul 09, 2018
marianneada:
wow...... longest tym ma.
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 9:27am On Jul 10, 2018
"Are you sure you don't want to hang out with me?" My newly met Frank asked as he dropped me right in front of St Anthony's Parish. I smiled and shook my head "Some other time dear, I want to go to the Chapel now" I said. Surely alot of girls must have pranked guys with my newly acquired holy than thou attitude.

"If you say so" he said as he counted a few naira note and handed to me with his complimentary card on it. The cash was in two hundreds so it looked kind of plenty but it was just 1,400 naira. "Please manage this okay and don't forget to give me a call", I nodded and alighted from the car.

To a runs girl every number was always useful if not, I sure would have thrown that piece of shit he called complimentary card to the gutter just as he drove off. "Upon say e get fine car, na just 1400 e fit give me Gosh!" I sighed as I walked into the church premises.

As I got in, I noticed alot of people were going into the church building. I stood at a corner observing the environment and again trying to decide if seeing the Reverend was even a good idea. "What are they doing in church this evening?" I turned to ask someone I felt was standing beside me.

Only then did I notice she was in a wheel chair and also begging for alms. "It's October Devotion" she replied very fluently, I never imagined she could speak in English. "Am so sorry dear" I said as I handed 400naira in her hands. I wasn't a fan of giving money to beggars cause of what I watched in a movie when I was younger, but this particular girl floored me. Every beggar to me was either feigning or a witch, I rather preferred to send my help to the hospitals or Orphanage homes.

"It's okay, thank you very much, may God bless you" she said in excitement. Maybe I made her evening, I thought to myself as I walked into the church building. After the Benediction, I wonder what next, how would I even identify this Priest. "He just might have the same annoying face as Frank's" I thought as I got sitted in the first row, just where I could look the Priests straight to the eyes.

They were two officiating priests but none of them was Fair like Frank, none even had his looks. I just hoped the store woman was not pulling my legs when she made mention of this place. "Biko ehhh" I started as I turned to a middle aged woman who sat beside me for the Devotion. The Priests had already left the altar and the congregations were still reciting the 6:00clock Angelus.

"I am looking for a Priest in this Church, the one from Agulu" I said, "the both Priest here are from Agulu" she replied while staring at me to provide a more tangible identification of who I was actually looking for.

For a moment, Frank's surname blurted out from my head and I just kept staring at the woman "Nne emesia (nne later)" she said as she as she left. Prayers were already concluded and everyone was leaving the church, I sat there wondering what to do next when it came flashing in my head, "Lawson Ikegwu's Family ask of Fr. Lawson Ikegwu".

Tbc

8 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by skubido(m): 9:36am On Jul 10, 2018
OP Tanks for the update.
Re: Without Promises... by izaray(f): 9:39am On Jul 10, 2018
Well done dear
Re: Without Promises... by Pinkfeet: 2:10pm On Jul 10, 2018
thanks for the update
Re: Without Promises... by Dessydemmy: 5:02pm On Jul 10, 2018
Wa gbayi, thanks for the update and mention.
marianneada:
Re: Without Promises... by stevodot22(m): 8:47am On Jul 11, 2018
Thanks for the update. Keep them coming
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 11:38am On Jul 11, 2018
Just then, I saw a serminarian walking out of the sacristy, I didn't hesitate to meet him and let the cat out of the bag. "You mean Fr Kingsley?" He asked and I nodded immediately, so long as he bears Ikegwu, he is definitely the one I thought.

"Okay follow me to the Parish house" he said after a close look at me to probably inspect if I was a karishika in disguise. He ordered me to wait downstairs in a hall, while he went upstairs to go tell the Priest someone was looking for him.

It was a very long wait, at a point, I felt he didn't convey my message and wanted me to leave when I got tired but I wasn't giving up either. It was around past 8, a little boy came down to meet me and said Fr Kingsley asked to know if I was still waiting and why I should still be around as at that time. "Fr said I should ask you if you are sleeping over?" He further asked innocently.

"If I see him now, they wouldn't be any need to sleep over" I replied and the boy nodded and left me again. "Why all this protocols just to see a priest!" I muttered while gazing at the Image of the Blessed Virgin placed in a round center table in the hall. The boy came back and turned on the TV for me without saying a word he left again.

I looked at the time and it was almost past 9, what could be his reasons for delaying to come see his visitor. "Why would he even ask me if I was spending the night here?" I thought, surely even the Priest's ain't loyal.

Few minutes later, I heard footsteps with loud uproars of laughter, a hefty old looking man on a white sultan and a pink stole on his neck walked passed but didn't look through the hall cause another Priest who was dark and tall tried to make him walk quite quickly. Two other Priests followed suit but none bothered to check the hall.

Not long later, I met him, the long awaited Fr Kingsley. His looks was a killer that I almost forgot why I came. Gigantic figure, ebony dark, pink lips u can't afford to resist and those broad shoulders, "awwnnn why be a priest" I muttered. As he came in, the little boy tagged along and he was like "is this the lady you said is looking for me" and he nodded.

I quickly stood up as he reached very close to me, "Good evening Fr" I said and genuflected. He looked at me and smiled, wow his smiles made me wet to my pants. "Why didn't I meet you first" I thought as I wondered in my imagination. I didnt even hear when he asked "Young lady have we met before?" but my imagination sure did the maths and I quickly shock my head.

"Sorry for keeping you waiting" he started "the Arch Bishop of Awka diocese was here and one has to be very careful when I heard a lady was waiting for me" he said with his killer smile on his lips and a flirty smirk in his eyes.

Tbc

13 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by Ann2012(f): 12:31pm On Jul 11, 2018
Hmmmm I hope this Priest is not ERM......

Thanks for the update
Re: Without Promises... by izaray(f): 1:52pm On Jul 11, 2018
Hmmm... Hope is not what i'm thinking sha
Re: Without Promises... by skubido(m): 3:07pm On Jul 11, 2018
tanks for the update.
Re: Without Promises... by Nangirl(f): 3:45pm On Jul 11, 2018
Lovely story
Re: Without Promises... by queenitee(f): 9:25am On Jul 12, 2018
Father father

1 Like

Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 11:03am On Jul 12, 2018
The little boy was still standing beside him when he ordered him to leave and make sure every entrance leading to the Father's house was locked. "You can go to bed after that" he said as the boy left us.

He then turned towards me and focused his gaze on me, "pretty lady, how can I help you" he started." sorry please, are you Fr Ikegwu?" I asked just to be sure I was actually relating to the right person. He nodded "Mr Frank Lawson Ikegwu's blood brother?" I continued while looking into his eyes to identify an atom of resemblance that seemed missing.

Aside the height, u could never tell they shared the same womb. Again he nodded and asked "What is it with my brother?". That question threw me off balance, I didn't even know where to start from with the tales of woe. "Ehhrrmmm ehhhe he ahhh ehmmm" I searched for words but couldn't say any. "Open up to me miss, I can be of help in any little way", again he smiled reassuringly and I started hitting the nail by the head.

All the while I was talking, Fr Kingsley kept nodding his head like an agama lizard. "Now all I want is a way to talk to him, tell him am sorry for doubting him and let him come back to me" I said as I gave way for hot tears to come flowing down my face.

"Ehmmm that's okay young lady calm yourself down" he started and offered me a white handkerchief from his pocket to wipe my face. He asked where I was from and I told him then he shook his head. Why my people were always taking for the Igbo Abokis was what I can't tell.

"I hope you know Frank is a married man" he said as he watched me mob my face and I nodded while quickly adding "he is divorced, I know". Father shook his head again and continued "is that what he told you?" I nodded. He quickly added "well it's not in my position to interfer in the affairs of my brother, I will talk to him but mean while" he looked at me seductively, "mind spend the night in my bedroom and leave first thing tomorrow morning before the morning mass?"

"HaĆ aa" my eyes widened, I must have lusted after the priest initially but I sure knew nothing would ever make me get laid by him. "What if he was actually testing me to see if I would make a good wife for his brother". "You can't keep staring at me like I asked you to behead your mother!" He said rather to harsh and blunt, "it's just an offer and you would do me a favor of going to sleep in the chapel if you can't accept it".

He stood up and made to leave, I didn't even know where I got the courage to grab his hands, I knelt down before me "Father please, let me spend the night here but not your room". He smiled and shoved my hands off his, "Follow me if you have nothing better to say"

Tbc

8 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by honourable356(m): 11:25am On Jul 12, 2018
Olam,come to daddy..

hehehehehehehe...as one who almost always laugh,most especially at exclamation,i could not help it but quote the above phrase.

I have to ask you even more solemnly,is this merely a make up story/imaginations from that head of yours or a true life narration with the necessary ingredient here and there to spice it up??

A true life event Then i am quiet impressed..

Merely imagination?? Then it is great.

The "make believe" aspect of this story is spot on...except perhaps where the said Olam left the village to the city with just 3000 on her with the goal of sleeping her way to the top (a virgin for that matter)...they rarely don't do that.
It is either they fled to their uncle/aunt house in search for green pasture or they goes to their friend house (who is a hustler)far way in the city or another state/country.

One out of a thousand times will you see another "like Abraham" that will leave his village with an idea of going to a city but with VERY little or no money in his or her pocket as quoted in the story---a virgin female for that matter...it doesn't usually happen like that for a woman anymore unless we are talking about a prostitute of which she the lady on the story was not.

One,two...and probably three,you will get it right...that aura,that crowd puller,that swags,that combination and the right use of word and the right time that will make your audience tremble and screaming for more.

Best wishes!!

3 Likes

Re: Without Promises... by izaray(f): 12:37pm On Jul 12, 2018
Chioso abeg try come quick na, the atrocities being committed in this generation is getting too much

That aspect of passing the night on his bed got me weak
Re: Without Promises... by SapphirePRINCEX(f): 12:53pm On Jul 12, 2018
honourable356:
Olam,come to daddy..

hehehehehehehe...as one who almost always laugh,most especially at exclamation,i could not help it but quote the above phrase.

I have to ask you even more solemnly,is this merely a make up story/imaginations from that head of yours or a true life narration with the necessary ingredient here and there to spice it up??

A true life event Then i am quiet impressed..

Merely imagination?? Then it is great.

The "make believe" aspect of this story is spot on...except perhaps where the said Olam left the village to the city with just 3000 on her with the goal of sleeping her way to the top (a virgin for that matter)...they rarely don't do that.
It is either they fled to their uncle/aunt house in search for green pasture or they goes to their friend house (who is a hustler)far way in the city or another state/country.

One out of a thousand times will you see another "like Abraham" that will leave his village with an idea of going to a city but with VERY little or no money in his or her pocket as quoted in the story---a virgin female for that matter...it doesn't usually happen like that for a woman anymore unless we are talking about a prostitute of which she the lady on the story was not.

One,two...and probably three,you will get it right...that aura,that crowd puller,that swags,that combination and the right use of word and the right time that will make your audience tremble and screaming for more.

Best wishes!!

Thanks alot sir, I appreciate...

Britney didn't leave just to be a runs girl, it all started with Derrick and when she discovered she can actually get those monetary favors just by sleeping with him, she went wild about it after he broke her heart.

Again, she wasn't that naive she went to school and completed her secondary School degree except that it was a village government school. She had brighter plans of doing good for herself but Derrick spoilt her. Her elder sister too has once being to the city though she lost her life, hence the determination for her to make up for the loss and take her family off poverty. That was why she left the village..

It's fiction btw...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Fighting Back! / Ocean Of Secrets: The Flow (ocean Of Secrets Saga; Book 2) / Purple Roses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.