Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,905 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? (57185 Views)

Why Are Men Scared Of Approaching Women In Armed Forces? / Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Beautiful Women / Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by UDUJ(m): 6:31am On Apr 18, 2018
Majority of men are less keen on getting married. Most men have commitment issues.

Another way to rephrase this question should be: Why are women more keen on getting married than men?

Women want to have babies before their ovaries stop functioning, while men have virtually no expiration date on their fertility.

As a result, women want to solidify a family partnership earlier than men. This gives a power advantage to men and results in women being the more eager for marriage.

Men can play around throughout their thirties, knowing that they still have a chance to reproduce if their current relationship doesn't work out. Women who spend their late twenties and early thirties with a man want to stop playing and get married because they might not have time to establish another serious relationship before conception becomes difficult.

Of course, there are also societal reasons that compound the power dynamics that results from this biological reality. Women want a wedding more than men.

The wedding industry is targeted at women and girls. Men's wedding attire is classy but standard. Tuxedos have little variety, and there are other occasions to wear them. Wedding dresses, on the other hand, are magnificent and oftentimes very expensive.

Bridal gowns are masterful pieces of art. From a very young age, girls dream of the day when they will be a beautiful bride, not only because these dresses are truly stupendous but also because girls are socialized to decorate themselves in a way that boys are not. Women so desperately want to wear a white dress that they'll put themselves through the torture of wedding planning.

There is also some cultural holdover from the days when women felt marriage necessary for financial security. Women now hold their own in the workforce, but the cultural idea remains that a woman needs to marry.

Sadly Older bachelors (who are referred to as "confirmed bachelors" or even "playboys"wink are regarded much better than older spinsters or bachelorettes.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by anochuko01(m): 6:33am On Apr 18, 2018
Shugavee:
i agree with the bolded!! That's the no 1 problem with women!! We all want to get married,But the desperation with women is on another level!! To me I just think men live life the way it's meant to be!! We all are meant to scared of it, living n bonded with someone of no blood relation, Its different for women because of the desperation!! Most women dont care if he is good enough, he makes money n his manhood is functioning that's all they need!! But men think abt it n pick carefully, if they want a foolish woman they get her!! Their own kind!! But women go 4 anything, all because of the fuss of Marriage!! To me we all need to enjoy or youthful age b4 marriage. Not just men!!! Get ready 4 marriage from like 32 but the socitial pressure won't let us!!

I love your sincerity.
my elder sister who had a PGD never had a job but her whole problem was how to get married. now she's got a kid, husband ,lost his job and she's still jobless.

Only if most women too would choose to understand that there's more to life than getting married.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by crafteck(m): 6:33am On Apr 18, 2018
eyinjuege:
Almost every single thread on marriage is opened by men. What is this obsession with marriage these days? Especially by men, yet we say its women that are desperate.
Everywhere you turn, its about girls, marriage.
Isn't there something more productive to get concerned about?
Those that want to marry are doing that, as evidenced by weddings occuring daily despite the harsh economy. Those going the baby mama route are also living their lives jejely. So chose one and live with it.
Its your cup of tea, balance well and drink it

The pressure is real, especially after banky w's wedding, lots of girls behaving like slippers want to be treated as italian shoes..

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by engrelvis(m): 6:34am On Apr 18, 2018
SmellingAnus:
... Sorry bro... My close friend that is married told me not to get married ... Lol... He said I should use him as example that most married people are not enjoying their marriages including him.... He prefers I rather travel out and marry a foreigner... Sometimes I also get scared when I hear the word marriage... Sounds like a scam, maybe marriage is a necessary evil in this part of the world lipsrsealed
my brother if u mistakenly marry a wrong foreigner u will regret d day u were born.forget what u watch on TV.A white lady is brutally honest n when dey c dat in u dey r very loyal.sorry if reverse is d case.most whites marriages dat r successful r based on honesty.dey dnt hide things from each other.how many Nigerian men deos dat?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by KhadyM(f): 6:37am On Apr 18, 2018
Responsibility.... theyre now the head of a family and have to provide for all needs till forever
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by pimpo: 6:38am On Apr 18, 2018
The world is over populated so men are contributing their 2 cents to population control by avoiding marriage. smiley
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by mikejj(m): 6:38am On Apr 18, 2018
grin grin haven gone through all the comment ....i can feel your pains..3 categories of people.. heartbroken squad...single and no man is coming...broke guys wey no get money for marriage.... sai jango

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Mcy56(f): 6:40am On Apr 18, 2018
Rexeffiom:
Are you morally train and decent?
Are you still a virgin? If you are non of the above, then you know what to do
See jamb question!
You tell me if you qualified for the above first. sad
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by mikejj(m): 6:41am On Apr 18, 2018
KhadyM:
Responsibility.... theyre now the head of a family and have to provide for all needs till forever
that's what men face in Africa very sad...u marry a woman u marry her people problems palava(PPP)
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by BigIyanga: 6:42am On Apr 18, 2018
Mcy56:

This is the kind of thing Im trying to say and some are talking 'rubbiish'. angry
These guys are already getting s*x outside wedlock, even more than enough self, so they are less worried about marriage.
Now, the major fear is that they already knew how they've almost sucked life out of some ladies bress and pvssy, thus were afraid of getting similar one from another man passed down to them to wife. smiley
Karma things on point. cheesy
Naija girl only mentality is that sex is the only thing a man needs.
How many Naija girls clamouring for marriage know the cost of-
1:1 yr rent in a major city?
2: 2.5KVA generator?
3: A dozen of SMA/Similac/Infamil?
4: A carton of diapers?
5: trad wedding
6: white wedding

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by ImaIma1(f): 6:45am On Apr 18, 2018
prince3009:

Didn't you read the part where he said his mum is late and he has no sisters?

Before his mum became late, she did have her life. My mum is also late but i can still make reference to her life.

No sisters. And no female relatives or family friends?
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Mcy56(f): 6:50am On Apr 18, 2018
BigIyanga:

Naija girl only mentality is that sex is the only thing a man needs.
How many Naija girls clamouring for marriage know the cost of-
1:1 yr rent in a major city?
2: 2.5KVA generator?
3: A dozen of SMA/Similac/Infamil?
4: A carton of diapers?
5: trad wedding
6: white wedding
Your first sentence is not the mentality, it's what is happening and what men has turned it to be sadly undecided
If free sex is removed, some of you guys will be serious.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by KhadyM(f): 6:51am On Apr 18, 2018
mikejj:
that's what men face in Africa very sad...u marry a woman u marry her people problems palava(PPP)

Yeah its very sad. I'd feel so much pressure if I was an African man. I'd probably wanna marry from another race. I heard on the radio the other day, this man complaining of how he now has to foot the bills for his wife's younger siblings still in school in addition to taking care of his own family. That's not cool. That's why we should fight for feminism because it creates a society where both men and women are expected to equally foot the bill for everything. No man head of the family bullshit. As much as it strokes their ego to be looked up to, it hurts them in the long run.

And on that note, we wont have a society where women are so dependent on men on silly things such as airtime, and men wont be looking down upon us so that the only thing they believe we can bring to the table is *****.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 18, 2018
Safiaa:
Commitment issues. Fear of the unknown. Money problems.

Bae you just dick my mind out exactly
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by streetzdreamz(m): 6:54am On Apr 18, 2018
marriage is scary ,more like a gamble cuz nothing guarantees a happy ending, the cool headed lady you court today might be a very sassy monster some months into your marriage,the uncertainty, degrading moral standards......n lots more.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 6:54am On Apr 18, 2018
Butoneday2:
Women/ladies/girls nowadays don't tire person jare? Fake life and Toooo much waka waka +plus some of them no sabi cook? Even ordinary indo dey no sabi. So na the fear be dat. undecided undecided undecided

Please my parents didnt teach us to cook indomie because according to them its not food. Der taught me to cook food. I don't think any lady doesn't know how to cook a basic meal like egusi or ogbono cos they are basically the easiest to put together.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by ibietela2(m): 6:55am On Apr 18, 2018
Some of us are ready, getting a girlfriend sef is a problem
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 6:56am On Apr 18, 2018
SoapQueen:
I took my time to read all the criticisms from some men. Nice one.

Delusions of grandeur, I must say.

Nigerian men are not interested in marriage yet there are pre-wedding photos at every nook and cranny.

Nigerians girls are hoes, cutlass, this and that, who the hell do they cheat with, themselves?

You keep calling ladies unprintable names, is it not men like you that break the "Almighty bro code" by going for someone else's woman. I remember a dude put up a post last week about waiting for his friend to break up with his girlfriend so he could shoot his shot?

It is getting stale. If you don't want to get married, please don't. Some of you up there are boasting of having 3 side Chics. Who should cast the first stone?

No matter how women try to explain that not all women are the same, some of you chauvinistic lot still try to humiliate womanhood. It is tiresome.

I am proud to say that I have so much more to offer to the world, and it is not my body. Men have wronged many women but you don't hear us whinning and bickering about men being bedswervers.

Last, last. In the bid to please some girl, some of you will still slide into a girl's DM and do everything within your power to get her attention. After that, Una go come here dey form Bruce Lee.
I am beginning to enjoy your post sis.
Some of your post are so on point.
Good one. cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Gistpower(m): 6:59am On Apr 18, 2018
this one weak me
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by BigIyanga: 6:59am On Apr 18, 2018
Mcy56:

Your first sentence is not the mentality, it's what is happening and what men has turned it to be sadly undecided
If free sex is removed, some of you guys will be serious.
Your statement doesn't make any sense! Women like u put so much emphasis on sex that it's the only they offer a man while marriage involves a lot of financial commitments..
most Naija Women see marriage as a meal ticket. 80% of Naija women in the university want to be married b4 getting a job.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 18, 2018
GoodMuyis:

Wetin wife go Chop, and awa daddy has worn us to stop chopping stone.

Well there is lot to be scared of, many of this secular ladies are dangerous, some dont have sense of marriage only materialistic

U people seem to always fall into the hands of selfish ladies. Some decent ones still exist but u people still see them as low class.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by LegitGirl(f): 7:00am On Apr 18, 2018
crafteck:

And and average girl has more than one man shes bleeping, marriage advocate, add that in your write up, also add how most women aren't sure of who their first born belongs to and most men are 2 stupid to test, i see a generation of bastaxds coming, quote me if ur one...

Some women. All the negativity y'all have won't do you any good.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by SoapQueen(f): 7:01am On Apr 18, 2018
Ladyhippolyta88:
I am beginning to enjoy your post sis. Some of your post are so on point. Good one. cool

Awwww! Thank you, the Amazon!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by LegitGirl(f): 7:02am On Apr 18, 2018
Simonrom:

I'm a Nigerian guy and to me, marriage is not about having unrestricted access to a woman's coochie or whatever you call it. Please, keep your shallow mindset to yourself and stop generalizing.

That's what so many people here on NL are... shallow-minded lot.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by sexdoll: 7:04am On Apr 18, 2018
geesunge:
We can primarily attribute the reason why men don't want to get married to our economy. This is among the reasons why ladies also jump from one bed to another. I think, many jobless Nigerian ladies now depend solely on their boyfriends to meet their basics needs. A guy who's trying to balance financially now feels the demand for money will inevitably increase once the girlfriend becomes his wife. Therefore, the need to soft pedal before the lady pushes him to commit suicide eventually. The problem is, many ladies are just heartless. A guy can't satisfy them no matter what is done as a sacrifice. They have very big, ever increasing straws to suck their potential husbands dry. God have mercy!

The problem I have with some of you guys who talk like this is that I can't just figure out why you guys will allow a woman to suck him dry.

Is it that you are so afraid she'll leave you or is it that you are so afraid you can't get another bïtch?

Apart from being a totally foolish move, why would a guy actually believe he needs to do so much to keep a bïtch?

Guys listen.

If a bïtch wanna go, let her go.

Bïtches come; Bïtches go.

Life goes on.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 7:05am On Apr 18, 2018
SoapQueen:

Awwww! Thank you, the Amazon!
Welcome anytime wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 18, 2018
I don't know but all i wish is to get rich before 25 and have my own family... So Help me God!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by eyinjuege: 7:12am On Apr 18, 2018
crafteck:

The pressure is real, especially after banky w's wedding, lots of girls behaving like slippers want to be treated as italian shoes..

Marriage is not for everyone jare, even women. You find some men and women who have tried it and run out just staying on their own and living their lives peacefully never wanting to have a go at marriage again. They still have relationships, but are their own person and not accountable to anyone and they are happt with that setting.
Some people can't do that though, and they just must be married whether happily or unhappily.
Just chose one, and live with your choice.
I try not to have regrets about any decision i make generally whether good or bad. I just learn and gain experience from the bad decisions especially

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Mcy56(f): 7:15am On Apr 18, 2018
BigIyanga:
Your statement doesn't make any sense! Women like u put so much emphasis on sex that it's the only they offer a man while marriage involves a lot of financial commitments..
most Naija Women see marriage as a meal ticket. 80% of Naija women in the university want to be married b4 getting a job.
Bros, stop being myopic about this issue of sex outside marriage, take time to read thru some of your fellow men's assertions here to start with.
Im just stating a statement of fact here and it does not in any way have anything to do with my personality, what I am or what I am not.
I'm not answerable to you on my person, doing that is highly irrelevant 'cos even if I did, you'll not cease to be your very doubting self.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by yanabasee(m): 7:23am On Apr 18, 2018
Mcy56:
Men makes excuses for not getting married because they can easily get what makes marriage unique effortlessly i.e. s*x.
There are quite a lot of them that are gainfully employed but refused to marry with an excuse that women are this, women are that.
While not totally against them, my question is this: is it not the same men that are sleeping around with some of the ladies and are making them untrustworthy?
You know, I think some are scared of karma actually.
Notwithstanding, I believed there are still quite a lot of ladies that are morally trained and descent out there.
Let me come and be going......

The morally trained and decent ones are virtually the ugly ones!!!

The beautiful ones get deceived easily.....and turned haywired!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by colestephan86: 7:24am On Apr 18, 2018
abiolamitodun:
Why are men scared of getting married and why is the number of baby mama increasing
let's discuss
n't have to put your plans on friends.prents.economy or anything. With the number of messed up girls out there trust me there are still some very good ones.. I got married in feb n im happy I am now. I think all you have to do is let her know your budget n work with that strictly. N if I may add pls dont get married to someone that doesn't have anything doing. He must be doing something n I dont yahoo.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 7:24am On Apr 18, 2018
ImaIma1:

Before his mum became late, she did have her life. My mum is also late but i can still make reference to her life.

No sisters. And no female relatives or family friends?

Anyway...involving his mother or sisters or female relatives does not remove the fact that what he said is true. Nigerian ladies/Women today have totally lost it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

When Did You Decide That The Relationship Was Over? / The 7 Most Common Lies Women Tell In Relationships / Why Did You Leave Your Ex? Share Your Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.