Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? (57196 Views)

Why Are Men Scared Of Approaching Women In Armed Forces? / Why Are Nigerian Men Scared Of Beautiful Women / Why Are Men Scared Of Dating Single Mothers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by ademijuwonlo(f): 12:04am On Apr 18, 2018
GeeString:
I won't go into any long sermon on this I'll just speak from personal experience.

No Nigerian woman is worth the trouble ahead. Infidelity is a serious Nigerian girl issue and it won't leave after marriage rather it will only get worse since her lifelong ambition has been fulfilled and she is now at peace.

Nigerian girls are materialistic and selfish. They do not truly understand the term "love".

Every Nigerian girl 25 & above has engaged in prostitution of some sort be it openly or 'coded'. There are corporate oloshos now sef. By prostitution I mean sleeping with a man for financial gain.

They are just not worth it.

I seriously doubt if I'll ever get married to a Nigerian girl. I'll have two kids from 2 different women & that's it.

Quote me & bash me but kindly produce counter-points or disprove my points while you do so. Oh & lest I forget I have no sisters & my mom is late too.

Goodnight.
Some ladies might have done Olosho for financial gains but not every Nigerian ladies....There are still good ladies out there!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 12:07am On Apr 18, 2018
AstroG:
[color=#006600][/color]

It not Fault,
Nigerian Girls and Economy Made it that Way
How will you channel your energy, attention and love to a Bastard of Girl only to have your heart broken by someone you think that loves u
MARRIAGES NOW ARE SCUM,
LOVE ISSA SCAM..

Don't tell me I know. Its evidence in my life.

Once broke, no girl.

Now OK plenty girls. Do the maths.

Everybody forming nice, humble, they now take my sh!ts.

Don't mind all these NL girls forming here, I have seen more and more pretty girls sweep my friends palour, wash plate cook and serve us food while bending down. As in first class slay angels lolz grin all in a bid to get married.

They are predictable, very predictable and foolish.

It is easier for a camel to pass through the eyes of a niddle than for you to get a good girl but I wish I do

The person who said "in love and war all is fair" and the other who said "love is wicked" ain't wrong. grin

14 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Shugavee(f): 12:07am On Apr 18, 2018
IamD18:

@1st embolden: Sometimes I laugh when I see ladies on social media hide behind "Societal pressure" as the reason behind their marriage desperation, society isn't the reason behind it, don't blame the society, you ladies are the reason and responsible for your desperation, nature has placed it for women's body to depreciate as they gets older, hence their desperation for marriage, because they no man will want to marry a woman who's her body isn't intact and fresh.

@2nd embolden: According to the mentality of Nigerian women, a man should be the provider in a home in all ramification, so I see no wrong in an early preparation of a man's future ....(I didn't dispute the fact that woman shouldn't set their future)

@3rd embolden, women have random sex more than men.
so preparation for a mans future n neglecting female child is okay to you n u expect me not to blame socitial pressure!!! How abt being old with out marriage n being who u wanna be!!! U think women no like better thing "How will people see me"?? Is the mean reason women run into marriage!! U can hv kids without marriage!! U know! So?? That's what men do!!!

Biologically is there anything like marriage??

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by SonsOfLiverpool(m): 12:08am On Apr 18, 2018
ndubueze92:
Man creates his environment and could well influence what he has created and not the other way round.
The point of being in abusive relationship abounds today more than in the past! girls simply stick to the relationship because of material gains etc. Your points aren't viable reasons for the great behavioral decadence among the ladies.
I'm just myself hustling till when I finally succeed, I will just buy a wife in Nigeria if I can't marry a non Nigerian.
* forgive my choice of word "buy" I think that completely captures my state of mind at the moment.
I won't say much even though I still stand by what I said. Maybe I just haven't explained better.

Buy, take, marry carry on.
Free world
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 12:08am On Apr 18, 2018
KOPT33:
Whenever I think about marriage or the thought that someday, I will be expected to marry a woman and begin procreating, my guts constrict, I feel like taking a shit, my heart explodes with palpable dread, a warm sensation of fear spreads from my head down to my heels. My fight or flight instincts become triggered. My primal instincts take charge of me and I just want to eliminate whatever threats, seen or unseen, that threaten my wellbeing: such as marriage.

Why do I feel this way? It is because I do not want to trade my freedom for anything, not just yet.

They say--that is society says--that marriage is a good thing, but I am not convinced I want this good thing for myself, at least until I am forty years old. What is the essence of life? Isn't life meant to be explored and enjoyed, and wouldn't the lack of dependants or people who have legally binding claims upon my time impede how time I can allocate to myself?

Marriage is overrated, it is a social construct that has neared the end of its universal usefulness.

I am not anti-marriage, but I don't give a rat's ass if I die a bachelor. A person can only suffer in old age if they did not save up enough money for nursing/geriatric care. The era of people being sick with worry because you do not want to suffer in your old age has gone past, gone to a watery grave where it would never see the light of day; this is most especially true of my generation.

Safiaa, you said a person who is 38 and unmarried would not have people to hangout with. I think, and I could be wrong, that your reasoning is flawed. Lots of young men in the 1985-1995 generation are decidedly anti-marriage. Even if they do get to marry sometime in their forties, the social environment would have changed so much in the coming years that it would no longer be a stigma to be unmarried.

Safiaa, your thinking is conservative, way too conservative as to allow room for liberal thoughts and life patterns. The last three generations that judged unmarried people as irresponsible will largely not be here in the next thirty years. And it is even more troubling that you think a person, on account of their marital status, will not have friends. What happened to work? What happened to them owning companies or clubs or associations or being members of clubs, groups, meetups? The world is changing and to be honest, I shriveled inside a little bit when I read that. It is both sad and depressing at the same time.

my oh my! God bless you for this bro.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 12:09am On Apr 18, 2018
I dated a girl for two years who just got married two months ago. We cohabited for a while, even though it was some of the best times I had in recent memory, I still shudder to think that if I married a woman I:

1- I will lose my personal space. One hour away from her (I work in my home office) she would come and disturb me. Lord! Just one hour

2- Women are too emotional for my liking: she could read the silliest meanings into the most mundane things. I refuse to let explaining myself become a customary feature of my life.

3- Tears. Tears. Tears: at a point, I wondered If I was that bad because I really wasn't doing anything that I couldn't take from anyone

4- Food: I am yet to meet a woman that can match my skills in the kitchen, or have the same eclectic taste for food like I do. I am not interested in changing my cuisine because of any woman

5- Attention: women and attention: ants to honey. I am by nature a very emotionally detached person. I don't want to start relearning how to live my life.

6: Responsibility: I have my life's work. If I get married, I would become weighed down significantly, I would always have to account for somebody. I say NO to that, for now.

There loads and loads of things that I cannot mention, but the joke is on anyone who tells me to "go and marry." Since I screamed at my friends for telling my that crap, it has subsided quite a bit.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by lilyheaven: 12:10am On Apr 18, 2018
GeeString:
I won't go into any long sermon on this I'll just speak from personal experience.

No Nigerian woman is worth the trouble ahead. Infidelity is a serious Nigerian girl issue and it won't leave after marriage rather it will only get worse since her lifelong ambition has been fulfilled and she is now at peace.

Nigerian girls are materialistic and selfish. They do not truly understand the term "love".

Every Nigerian girl 25 & above has engaged in prostitution of some sort be it openly or 'coded'. There are corporate oloshos now sef. By prostitution I mean sleeping with a man for financial gain.

They are just not worth it.

I seriously doubt if I'll ever get married to a Nigerian girl. I'll have two kids from 2 different women & that's it.

Quote me & bash me but kindly produce counter-points or disprove my points while you do so. Oh & lest I forget I have no sisters & my mom is late too.

Goodnight.
Tomorrow now, we will be viewing your pre- wedding collections grin grin
Because am seeing you falling deep inside love
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 18, 2018
At 27 i think i am nt ready, i wil wait til 30. Bt i dnt just knw au i wil tel my girl dat is my plan. She is 26.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 12:12am On Apr 18, 2018
IamaNigerianGuy:

Because to make important decisions informed by rosy optimism is the height of foolishness and the origin of failure

What happened to finding a balance between the rosy and the turbulent marriages out there.

Anyway, to each his own.
We go dey alright last last smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by IamD18: 12:12am On Apr 18, 2018
Shugavee:
so preparation for a mans future n neglecting female child is okay to you n u expect me not to blame socitial pressure!!! How abt being old with out marriage n being who u wanna be!!! U think women no like better thing "How will be people see me"?? Is the mean reason women run into marriage!! U can hv kids without marriage!! U know! So?? That's what men do!!!

Biologically is there anything like marriage??

You had to pick a line you flawed without carefully reading where I bracketed that I didn't dispute the fact that women need to build their future.

I'm yet to see you buttress a point on how the society pressurize women on marriage.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Angel1696: 12:12am On Apr 18, 2018
my greatest prayer since when I was a kid till now is God rpls remember what u said in your word that whoever that finds a wife as find a good thing and obtained favour from the lord God pls am still waiting for my wife as Adam waited for eve and Isaac waited for Rebecca .
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Shugavee(f): 12:14am On Apr 18, 2018
IamD18:

You had to pick a line you flawed without carefully reading where I bracketed that I didn't dispute the fact that women need to build their future.

I'm yet to see you buttress a point on how the society pressurize women on marriage.

its right there!! I hv Explained enough but u wont see it cause u don't wanna see it!!!

Modified *
U said biologically a women need marriage cause her body would be worn out at somen certain age!!! N i asked where in biology is marriage the cure to that!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by SoapQueen(f): 12:15am On Apr 18, 2018
OfficialDad:
I just wanna fvck bad bitch€s , all night i never had bitch£s.. Even in my 50's still fvcking bad bitch£s.

Give me reasons why you should marry, when all the girls/women both married and single can be fvcked with money. undecided ... Getlost

Chai! OfficialDad you too?? Rotfl!

Na today I know say most of the guys on Nairaland are just boastful. I can't stop laughing.

Abeg, go carry your baby o..

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Daboomb: 12:16am On Apr 18, 2018
abiolamitodun:
Why are men scared of getting married and why is the number of baby mama increasing
let's discuss

Just look at the landscape and see what women have done to men...in general (screaming rape where the sex was consensual, screaming sexual assault just for appreciating or whistling at a beautiful woman, e.t.c)

Look at what wives have done to their loving husbands - from our black sisters lifted from poverty in their village, transported to America by the sweat of their husband, only to "open-eye" and eventually put the man in prison using trumped up charges)

Look at how wives plan their divorce, even before they get married - some women even time-it to coincide with when the husband has just been paid some New Year Upfornt, so she can get maximum payout

Look at how wives have deprived their husbands, of the love of their children, using the Police to harrass them out of the family home

Look at how a wife who probably never worked, is now empowered to throw the husband out of t undecided undecidedhe home he sweated for, all his working life

Look at how wives cheat (not necessarily wives alone) on their husband, with virtually 'anything that has a prick'! They now sit back, collecting alimony and child support, while using some of the money to support another gigollo, toy-boyfriend.

Look at how wives have now taken a passion for murdering their husband, even in their sleep!

So, as a man, when you look at all these "marriage/wife problems", l am sure you will ask yourself: IS IT WORTH IT?

These are just some of the reasons why Men just decide to have a baby, without all the 'dangers' of being married to the woman.

It is not an issue of 'getting scared', it is about Men borrowing themselves, some sense. undecided undecided undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 12:19am On Apr 18, 2018
Daeylar:

Not to derail and as much as this can be a topic on its own. I'm interested in the answer to this.

money, love, kids, many things women can gain from marriage. I cant even list them all here!
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 12:19am On Apr 18, 2018
SoapQueen:

Chai! OfficialDad you too?? Rotfl!

Na today I know say most of the guys on Nairaland are just boastful. I can't stop laughing.

Abeg, go carry your baby o..

Mogbe grin , you go get wahala for real life ooo, soapqueen grin ... You know i just need to join the band nah. Did i do anything wrong?
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by IamD18: 12:20am On Apr 18, 2018
Shugavee:
its right there!! I hv Explained enough but u wont see it cause u don't wanna see it!!!

As usual with you ladies.

When men argue aggressively, you all will say he's being insulting, hence your dodge.

When we go civil, you'll say we don't want to see what we are suppose to see.

With all due respect madam, how does the society pressurize women into marriage? how?

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by AstroG: 12:21am On Apr 18, 2018
[color=#006600][/color]
Angel1696:
my greatest prayer since when I was a kid till now is God rpls remember what u said in your word that whoever that finds a wife as find a good thing and obtained favour from the lord God pls am still waiting for my wife as Adam waited for eve and Isaac waited for Rebecca .

NNE,This is Nigeria..
I no longer believe in such tins,it worked during the olden days

Now were Girls dy Open Kpekus for Anybody wea get money like Chelsea Goalkeeper undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by ibietela2(m): 12:23am On Apr 18, 2018
We are not scared just that some of the ladies are not done slaying.

Others are not ready, just few are ready and interested in getting married
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by SoapQueen(f): 12:24am On Apr 18, 2018
Safiaa:
Arguing with them is like talking to a brick wall. Their ego can never accept right from wrong. Goodnight.

Babe, you tried, if they don't want to marry, let them go..Bad marriages are like plane crashes, they occur but not every time. As annoying as they may sound, I would advise that you pay them no heed. There is man we know from home. All his married colleagues laugh at him because he is not married, no kids. He is termed "wayward".

Everybody and their choice. No bad blood.

Leave them to marry their preferred white women. Plenty talk no dey full basket.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by opebiboy: 12:24am On Apr 18, 2018
Women cant be trusted so men tend to be very careful these days. They keep a long list of numerous boyfriend even after marriage opening a chance of getting them laid whenever they wake up on the wrong side of the bed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by acehood907(m): 12:26am On Apr 18, 2018
Is because of money, if everyone has his own money men would not be afraid of getting marriage
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by SoapQueen(f): 12:26am On Apr 18, 2018
OfficialDad:

Mogbe grin , you go get wahala for real life ooo, soapqueen grin ... You know i just need to join the band nah. Did i do anything wrong?

I get wahala fa. Plenty wahala..That your baby and wife story was a fairytale, it impressed me. Abeg, no join gang. Preach give them instead.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Omolego: 12:28am On Apr 18, 2018
What if(s) & hammering on people's experiences, will only put you in a stagnant spot. Balance positive and negative and give a shot your best. You never know. #Between news this days, marriage is scary..
IamaNigerianGuy:
When you count the number of unhappy marriages ...
When you count the number of divorces...
When you witness the humiliation and spousal abuse both parties go through...
when you witness spousal infidelity...
When you consider the unrealistic demands of women...
When you realize 'most hoes a'int faithful'....
When you come to know that sex is cheap and abundant in our time...
When you consider the bad economy.....

You will be afraid of marriage too OP
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by IamD18: 12:28am On Apr 18, 2018
SoapQueen:

Babe, you tried, if they don't want to marry, let them go..Bad marriages are like plane crashes, they occur but not every time. As annoying as they may sound, I would advise that you pay them no heed. There is man we know from home. All his married colleagues laugh at him because he is not married, no kids. He is termed "wayward".

Leave them to marry their preferred white women. Plenty talk no dey full basket.

Just like Linda Ikeji Donjazzy's age mate laughs at him and call him wayward.

Well, this is social media where all kinds of forged stories can be claimed real.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 12:28am On Apr 18, 2018
SoapQueen:

That's all.

Welcome back @ Safiaa... kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 18, 2018
SoapQueen:

I get wahala fa. Plenty wahala..That your baby and wife story was a fairytale, it impressed me. Abeg, no join gang. Preach give them instead.

No, no fairytale cool , that's a real story.. But i just omitted the later ending though!, memories buried within is a coded word for those who would understand.
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Divay22(f): 12:32am On Apr 18, 2018
Hmm
Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Shugavee(f): 12:32am On Apr 18, 2018
IamD18:

As usual with you ladies.

When men argue aggressively, you all will say he's being insulting, hence your dodge.

When we go civil, you'll say we don't want to see what we are suppose to see.

With all due respect madam, how does the society pressurize women into marriage? how?
i ask again
U said biologically a woman need marriage cause her body would be worn out at some certain age!!! N i asked where in biology is marriage the cure to that?

Marriage is societal intitution!!! But puts much pressure on women than men! Emphasis on societal!!! Am sure u did social studies in primary schhol

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by Nobody: 12:36am On Apr 18, 2018
One of my senior bros ...a doctor is not thinking of getting married even in the nearest future. He's well into his 40s and d guy dey live large.na so he dey change girls like boxers and babes the young and old all dey fight over themselves to get his attention. I asked why he treats women like rag and he told me back then when he was much younger and didn't have much...how his girlfriend that he was about to get married to dumped him for a rich pastor. So now na chop and clean mouth im dey do and the guy is cheerful and always in a good mood.he even told me how two campus babes was fighting over him and stripping themselves naked in the street. He was laughing as he told me d story.According to him he says no lady can be faithful to u hence there is no need commiting to one. This na im ideology. The guy na real baddo i tell u.

13 Likes

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by atakamus: 12:38am On Apr 18, 2018
Frankly I am married but I see it as the greatest mistake I have made so far in life. The only succor happen to be my three great children. If had known the real issues that marriage brings, I wouldn't have worked into it. My marriage is eleven years. My wife feels the same way though. Marriage though is not bad but the mentality of women here in Nigeria is very terrible.
I have taken the past 11 years to make my wife realise that she has to to step up so as to help in the up keep of the family. I trained her is school, she said she will not work. I have a shop opened for her, she abandoned the shop for over two years. It is now that she has started entering the shop. The issue now is that I dont know much about the financial activities in the shop. I am still expected to pay the rent of the shop.
This period, I have changed and have become somehow turf on her. It is working out for me. Frankly I don't blame guys that are afraid of marrying. If not for three children, I would have walked away. Now she is petering me for a 4th child and I have told her no for now. i keep tell her she is not serious.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? by jaxxy(m): 12:39am On Apr 18, 2018
abiolamitodun:
Why are men scared of getting married and why is the number of baby mama increasing
let's discuss

I'm not scared at all just want the right person irrespective of her flaws and I wont toy with that. Babymamas are for guys looking for the easy way out or not ready to settle down.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Why Did You Leave Your Ex? Share Your Experience. / Consequences Of Sexual Relationship With Ladies In Same Building As A Bachelor? / Man Carries His Plus-Sized Fiancee In Pre-Wedding Photo. See Reactions

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.