Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,609 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. (54772 Views)

A Lady Dies After Taking Poison After Her Boyfriend Left Her (Pictures) / Man She Met And Made Love With On Same Day Left Her To Get Married The Next Day / Slaymama Held After Her Date Left Her With Bills. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by obailala(m): 11:04am On Apr 18, 2018
baby124:

They are not yet married! She is extremely foolish. Let the man marry her first before even making such a sacrifice. Imagine, all that time she moved and sacrificed the guy still did not think to marry her. He’s probably a guy that cannot even afford to get married or take care of a family but put pressure on the girl to relocate so that he can be having sex everyday at her expense. Rubbish and senseless love. If you want someone to sacrifice for you, be ready to move mountains for the person. Who does this guy think he is? And you call people like her greedy for going back. Very funny
Well, the word 'fiancee' was used, so I assumed they were preparing to get married. If that's really the case, then whether she relocated before the wedding or after the wedding, it doesnt matter.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by proudly9ja(m): 11:05am On Apr 18, 2018
Peeps in London think everywhere in the UK is same as London.
In my small hood in the midlands, you can get comfortable 3 bed for £500/month (2 big double rooms and 1 single room with lving room, kitchen, toilet/bath plus garden join!) with rooms bigger than the ones you get in London.

If you're single and earning £1800 monthly (after tax), and you're outside London, abeg, you'll be balling every month! It's when you start having children and have to consider child care, etc that you need to start stepping up income cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by baby124: 11:06am On Apr 18, 2018
obailala:
Well, the word 'fiancee' was used, so I assumed they were preparing to get married. If that's really the case, then whether she relocated before the wedding or after the wedding, it doesnt matter.
So all that time she worked in Nigeria that he still did not marry her nko? Fiancée is still girlfriend. Lots of engagements have been broken. Very foolish of her to leave UK for a boyfriend
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by slimdamatrix1(m): 11:24am On Apr 18, 2018
Haha.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by toks208: 11:27am On Apr 18, 2018
Rubyventures:

Lol you better tell us cos even student accommodation average is £400 out of London. Maybe in Wales you might get £200 a room.

You can get cheap and very good rooms for 300 or 350..depends on the zones and all inside London.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by dyydxx: 11:30am On Apr 18, 2018
toks208:

You can get cheap and very good rooms for 300 or 350..depends on the zones and all inside London.

Name the zone. cos i find this very hard to believe or are you talking about sharing a room with 2 or 3 people where one person's share is 300?
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Mapzone(m): 11:32am On Apr 18, 2018
[quote author=rusher14 post=66809524]

Most definitely.

27K Naira can take you nowhere
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Mapzone(m): 11:36am On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:
Even by UK standards she was just getting by on 1800 pounds monthly. So don't do the direct conversion.

She sacrificed for love but harsh realities have reconfigured her oblongata.

Naija is tough and no food for uninventive man for Lagos. You either shape up or ship out.

Nigeria needs creativity now and not some kind of employee situation.

No lamentation would change that.

that done?
[/quote] Bros you need to leave that country and get a new education. It is like the pollution in Nigeria has affected your brain. Nigeria is one of the worst countries to live in the world. Life expectancy is around 50 something years. Go check OECD and CIA world factbook
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Amhappy(f): 11:41am On Apr 18, 2018
Jbleenk:
Dont be deceived Nigerians, that's about £1,700 monthly at current xchang rate. Deduct utility tax, council tax, house rent, transportation or fueling of car etc. amount left will be peanut which might not Ben able to sustain comfortably. I've been there I've done that

You are sure she pays no tax,no house rent,no transport, no utility bill,no expenses,no deductions whatsoever on top the 27k. If it was better,babe would have stayed back in Naija. She wanted to stay back and get married. No use sleep compare death abeg.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by rusher14: 11:52am On Apr 18, 2018
shaybebaby:

What do you mean "one of those places"?

Alton towers is in Stoke, its not too far from, Leicester either.

So why don't you admit that you didn't know that the further up north you go, the cheaper housing is. You may not earn as much as you can in London but you cannot earn less than the minimum wage. And there are people on minimum wage living in London.

Always known that but hey I'm using the standards I'm used to.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Joshuazedd(m): 11:53am On Apr 18, 2018
timesup234:
If you don't earn close to 30,000 pounds annually in the UK, consider yourself a slave and quickly depart the UK. and come become a roadside tailor in Nigeria. Nigerians are addicted to poverty, they get to a foreigh land and start applying the Nigerian standard to where they live, better mumus. People earning the median income of over $54,000 annually in America can't even boast of $500 in an emergency. If you make 24k pounds in the UK. you are a slave, a shameful one for that matter

you are really waddling in Ignorance..and u are proud of it. It's quite shocking
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by rusher14: 11:53am On Apr 18, 2018
Mapzone:
that done?
Bros you need to leave that country and get a new education. It is like the pollution in Nigeria has affected your brain. Nigeria is one of the worst countries to live in the world. Life expectancy is around 50 something years. Go check OECD and CIA world factbook

What is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by zudozz: 11:54am On Apr 18, 2018
I dey always hear Nigeria Nigeria but I no know where e dey?
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Rubyventures: 11:56am On Apr 18, 2018
obailala:

Yeah of course, different people have different preferences and life goals. I lived in London for some years and in my church then, I knew numerous ladies (some young and some old) who lived separately from their husbands; the case was always the same, the husband lives in Nigeria but the woman and kids live abroad. In some cases, the husband and some kids live in Nigeria and the woman and the remaining kids live abroad; and of course there's always the perpetual struggle with immigration to ship the remaining kids over.

Of course the intention is for a better life, or to 'give the kids the best', but that is where different opinions come in. In my opinion, I personally do not see how a family living separately for over a decade (from when the kids were toddlers to when they grow to adulthood) amounts to a better life for the kids. Some people are fortunate with the resources that the family could reunite several times a year, but many others arent that fortunate. For me as a man, as long as God permits, I wouldn't for any lure of 'better life', be separated from my family for any extended period (i.e. several years). But hey, this is just my opinion and preference.

He who wears the hat knows where it pinches
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Rubyventures: 12:00pm On Apr 18, 2018
toks208:

I thought you said £200?
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by shaybebaby(f): 12:02pm On Apr 18, 2018
Rubyventures:

In the auction??
Nah.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by shaybebaby(f): 12:06pm On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

Always known that but hey I'm using the standards I'm used to.
If you knew, you wouldn't have been asking such questions.

I'd wager what you know is based on hearsay and not first hand experience.

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by rusher14: 12:07pm On Apr 18, 2018
shaybebaby:

If you knew, you wouldn't have been asking such questions.

I'd wager what you know is based on hearsay and not first hand experience.

Lol you want me to expose myself online?
Na we for you o.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by shaybebaby(f): 12:13pm On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

Lol you want me to expose myself online?
Na we for you o.
What has exposing oneself got to do with anything? This forum is anonymous until you choose to reveal your identity. You either know or you don't. If you have purchased a house, you would know how it works and not be quoting sky news.

You didn't even know that equity is different from deposit. So I'm basing my well deduced assumption from your utterances.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by rusher14: 12:16pm On Apr 18, 2018
shaybebaby:

What has exposing oneself got to do with anything? This forum is anonymous until you choose to reveal your identity. You either know or you don't. If you have purchased a house, you would know how it works and not be quoting sky news.

You didn't even know that equity is different from deposit. So I'm basing my well deduced assumption from your utterances.

Suit yourself.

The crux of the matter is 1800 is poor income by UK standards. Of course, up north cost of living is less but it doesn't skew the national average and cannot be considered the standard.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by AreaFada2: 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2018
timesup234:
If you don't earn close to 30,000 pounds annually in the UK, consider yourself a slave and quickly depart the UK. and come become a roadside tailor in Nigeria. Nigerians are addicted to poverty, they get to a foreigh land and start applying the Nigerian standard to where they live, better mumus. People earning the median income of over $54,000 annually in America can't even boast of $500 in an emergency. If you make 24k pounds in the UK. you are a slave, a shameful one for that matter
Lol not necessarily true.

I know someone, a single professional on about £79K per year. A UK bred guy. He complains of being broke every time. Of course 40% tax rate. I sat him down one day to ask how he spends his money. When he explained I began to understand. Before that as a typical African I could not understand it.

It is largely about discipline and prudence. There are Africans on less than £30k in UK, wife on £20K. And they have been so disciplined and frugal and own some properties in 9ja. The less than 30k one is on 20% tax rate. I discussed something similar in another thread here about 2 years ago.

I know another couple on even less, yet they own a mortgage in the Midlands which they pay conveniently for over 10 years now.

I know a cleaner 15 years back who from UK began a business employing about 9 or 10 people in Lagos.

Good income is of course good but some achieve more with less.

If roadside tailor make that much money in 9ja as you claim, why is every youth not doing tailoring? grin cheesy cheesy

I should know because over the years I have assisted several people train in fashion and set up fashion business. 80% are graduates. Many resorted to it after seeking corporate jobs for years or done 15K Naira per month teaching jobs.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by shaybebaby(f): 12:32pm On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

Suit yourself.

The crux of the matter is 1800 is poor income by UK standards. Of course, up north cost of living is less but it doesn't skew the national average and cannot be considered the standard.
For a single person, it is enough.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by rusher14: 12:32pm On Apr 18, 2018
shaybebaby:

For a single person, it is enough.

Never said it wasn't.

It is simply low.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by shaybebaby(f): 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2018
rusher14:

Never said it wasn't.

It is simply low.
Irrelevant.

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Lalas247(f): 12:59pm On Apr 18, 2018
shaybebaby:

What do you mean "one of those places"?

Alton towers is in Stoke, its not too far from, Leicester either.

So why don't you admit that you didn't know that the further up north you go, the cheaper housing is. You may not earn as much as you can in London but you cannot earn less than the minimum wage. And there are people on minimum wage living in London.
The fact he says UK should let you know man’s a fraud ... he don’t know shit .. arguing with ppl born and raised here ..

Up north 27k pounds is bloody luxury you can get house for even £50,000 depending on the area ...
He keeps saying UK that is first alarm bell ....... even those who school in Coventry university knows for a fact that age is over average .. like don’t even waste your time

My man gets his info from google and sky news or maybe focus on one small area and conclude it’s the whole of Uk ...

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Lalas247(f): 1:01pm On Apr 18, 2018
shaybebaby:

Lol even me that is a homeowner knows he is chatting pure trash .... I’m telling u this dude is a fraud grin
Can’t u see nothing he says makes any sense .. got we over here looking like wtf is he in about ...

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by shaybebaby(f): 1:10pm On Apr 18, 2018
Lalas247:

Lol even me that is a homeowner knows he is chatting pure trash .... I’m telling u this dude is a fraud grin
Can’t u see nothing he says makes any sense .. got we over here looking like wtf is he in about ...
Baby gal, I'm just looking at him with side eye. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Lalas247(f): 1:14pm On Apr 18, 2018
shaybebaby:

Baby gal, I'm just looking at him with side eye. cheesy

Lol grin

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by sprints1: 1:36pm On Apr 18, 2018
slam7000:

£1800 is the starting salary of most graduates and depending on area of residence, she can do well on that amount and still have some to keep in her savings. On the average, she earns better than most people.
yh house rent £500 upkeep £500 she can save £800 easily

1 Like

Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by partnerbiz4: 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2018
Viicfuntop:

Why don’t you try understanding something before jumping into conclusion? She earned that equivalent in the Uk, it’s fair she should earn almost half of that in Nigeria
Don’t quote for the sake of quoting if you don’t have anything meaningful to say.

What I am saying is that it wrong and an exhibition of crass ignorance for one to convert earnings in dollars to naira and use it as basis.
A person that earns 1000 dollars in NY should not convert it to naira and arrive at 360k and then claim to be better than someone in Enugu earning 250k

This is because the money is spent in dollars in NY and not in naira.
Re: Lady Who Left Her N850k Job In UK To Be With Her Boyfriend In Nigeria Plans To.. by Viicfuntop(f): 2:25pm On Apr 18, 2018
partnerbiz4:

What I am saying is that it wrong and an exhibition of crass ignorance for one to convert earnings in dollars to naira and use it as basis.
A person that earns 1000 dollars in NY should not convert it to naira and arrive at 360k and then claim to be better than someone in Enugu earning 250k

This is because the money is spent in dollars in NY and not in naira.

You still don’t understand me. Ok tell me why is she running back? Obviously, way of life is more expensive there. But you can still get back. I am tired of explaining this. It’s fine. Your opinion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Unhappy Bride & Groom: Can This Marriage Last More Than A Year? (Video) / Policeman Proposes To Corper In Nasarawa During CDS Meeting (Photo) / A Guy Slept With Former Girlfriend When She Came To Drop Wedding Invitation Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.