Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,477 members, 7,836,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

. - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (587378 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by phase1: 7:24am On Jun 24, 2018
deomelllo:
How many times are you people going to recycle and repackage the same rubbish.?

lol @ another ipob shallow, low self-esteem and attention seeking thread..

SMH grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by cjrane: 11:46am On Jun 24, 2018
spyder880:
When I move round the south east, there are hundreds of these types of shopping complexes springing up everywhere. What I think we need in the coming years are e based business platforms to cater to orders from city dwellings. Things like groceries, goods and services could be ordered online and delivered in less than an hour.

We should advice our people to take advantage of e business.

Oga Spyder, thank you for posting these plazas. I hope they are affordable and the youths that need to set up something are watching.

Somebody once asked if there were any companies in the SE that pays N150 per month salary.

My answer to that person is to STOP looking for somebody's company to pay you N150,000 per month. SET UP YOUR OWN BUSINESS!

Whatever you can do, find a decent place to set up. If you are a good plumber, instead of waiting for a plumbing company to employ you, set up your own plumbing company and let people call you to come to their homes and fix plumbing issues.

If you are into selling ready made African fabrics, learn to have local tailors to sew it for you to reduce cost instead of importing already sewed stuff from Senegal and complaining about low profit margin.

These are things that the youth need to be doing. Look for productive and services venture where you can use as your own business and not looking for who will employ you.

6 Likes

Re: . by melodyogonna(m): 3:48pm On Jun 24, 2018
cjrane:

Oga Spyder, thank you for posting these plazas. I hope they are affordable and the youths that need to set up something are watching.

Somebody once asked if there were any companies in the SE that pays N150 per month salary.

My answer to that person is to STOP looking for somebody's company to pay you N150,000 per month. SET UP YOUR OWN BUSINESS!

Whatever you can do, find a decent place to set up. If you are a good plumber, instead of waiting for a plumbing company to employ you, set up your own plumbing company and let people call you to come to their homes and fix plumbing issues.

If you are into selling ready made African fabrics, learn to have local tailors to sew it for you to reduce cost instead of importing already sewed stuff from Senegal and complaining about low profit margin.

These are things that the youth need to be doing. Look for productive and services venture where you can use as your own business and not looking for who will employ you.
I think you are forgetting that setting up a business requires capital. Don't get me wrong your idea is good, but you first need to save some money to start your own 'company'.

1 Like

Re: . by cjrane: 4:12pm On Jun 24, 2018
melodyogonna:

I think you are forgetting that setting up a business requires capital. Don't get me wrong your idea is good, but you first need to save some money to start your own 'company'.

Yes, even to get from Onitsha to Lagos requires money too. We can give all the excuses in the world why we only need to be Lagos to survive. It's okay. You don't need to set up a "COMPANY" just to get jobs. All those billionaires at Onitsha market never set up a "COMPANY" in one room store to make a living. I always use Spyder as example. He knows he has skill to design and build, he set up his own group that even hires other people too. If he was waiting for Julius Berger to hire him in Lagos and PH as an engineer, he will be jobless today. But because he is using his God-given brain and skills, he is able to provide for his family and even employ many others in the process.

My entire advise is that if you went to New York, you will see big plumbing corporations that can hire 10,000 people. So people go there to get all types of salary jobs. In the same way if you went to a medium city in Texas, individuals open their own plumbing shops and perhaps employ 2 - 3 people. They advertise their telephone numbers on sign boards so that people can come to their shop or call them when they have plumbing jobs. People still make a decent living too without working for big corporations.

Let me use another example. If you are an architect or civil engineer, instead of looking endlessly for a job with an engineering firm, get three or four of your class mates and you guys can hire one of the shops and call your enterprise "Unique Architects Incorporation" or whatever you like. When people need an Architect to design a building, they come to you in that office and then you will charge for your services instead of staying at home expecting when some company will hire you. My advise was that these plazas should be utilized by folks that have a unique skill to set up their own office where people can come and meet them to give them jobs to do.

5 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 12:38pm On Jun 25, 2018
cjrane:

Yes, even to get from Onitsha to Lagos requires money too. We can give all the excuses in the world why we only need to be Lagos to survive. It's okay. You don't need to set up a "COMPANY" just to get jobs. All those billionaires at Onitsha market never set up a "COMPANY" in one room store to make a living. I always use Spyder as example. He knows he has skill to design and build, he set up his own group that even hires other people too. If he was waiting for Julius Berger to hire him in Lagos and PH as an engineer, he will be jobless today. But because he is using his God-given brain and skills, he is able to provide for his family and even employ many others in the process.

My entire advise is that if you went to New York, you will see big plumbing corporations that can hire 10,000 people. So people go there to get all types of salary jobs. In the same way if you went to a medium city in Texas, individuals open their own plumbing shops and perhaps employ 2 - 3 people. They advertise their telephone numbers on sign boards so that people can come to their shop or call them when they have plumbing jobs. People still make a decent living too without working for big corporations.

Let me use another example. If you are an architect or civil engineer, instead of looking endlessly for a job with an engineering firm, get three or four of your class mates and you guys can hire one of the shops and call your enterprise "Unique Architects Incorporation" or whatever you like. When people need an Architect to design a building, they come to you in that office and then you will charge for your services instead of staying at home expecting when some company will hire you. My advise was that these plazas should be utilized by folks that have a unique skill to set up their own office where people can come and meet them to give them jobs to do.

Very valid points bro. People should stand up and do something, not wait and complain or escape to where they think free money is shared.

3 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 12:41pm On Jun 25, 2018
More plazas springing up in all roads in Enugu, I can count about 20 new and ongoing plazas in Enugu this week alone.

6 Likes

Re: . by Xander85: 12:59pm On Jun 25, 2018
spyder880:
More plazas springing up in all roads in Enugu, I can count about 20 new and ongoing plazas in Enugu this week alone.

The first pic looks nice. See how the grass looks well tended and how clean the road is.
Re: . by spyder880(m): 1:12pm On Jun 25, 2018
Xander85:

The first pic looks nice. See how the grass looks well tended and how clean the road is.

That's Abakaliki road in Enugu. One of the most beautiful roads with the best of Enugu business locations.

3 Likes

Re: . by veecovee: 2:15pm On Jun 25, 2018
*WISE WORDS FROM A GREAT THINKER AND OBSERVER!!*

Buffalos kill 7 people every year.
Lions kill 500 people every year.
Hippos kill 800 people every year.
Spiders kill 5000 people every year.
Scorpions kill 7000 people every year.
Snakes kill 10000 people every year.
*And then, surprisingly,* ...

www.nairaland.com/3560501/holineness-righteousness-revival-daily-messages/14#68801077
Re: . by Ofodirinwa: 4:52pm On Jun 25, 2018
happy to see architectural integrity and beauty increasing with time. The first Plaza looks nice
Re: . by spyder880(m): 7:05pm On Jun 25, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
happy to see architectural integrity and beauty increasing with time. The first Plaza looks nice

From Enugu state, more organised private shopping malls springing up. .......

Re: . by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 26, 2018
Igbo bu igbo ekelemu unu,

All hands should be on deck.

About Enyimba Economic City (EEC)

• Enyimba Economic City is a global business hub in the southeast region of Nigeria. It is a brainchild of the Governor Okezie Ikpeazu administration in Abia State.
• Enyimba Economic City is the audacious and ambitious project conceived with the intention of connecting South-East states and four out of the six states in the south south of Nigeria.
• Enyimba Economic City has been designated as a Special Economic Zone by the Federal Government and will have Free Trade Zone status.

Vision:
To develop a connected global business hub in southeast Nigeria.

Mission:
To create economic hub central to the nine southeast and south south states linked with high grade access roads, rails, airport and seaports that will transform the region into a manufacturing and industrial powerhouse, with ancillary drivers of commerce, logistics, entertainment, education, health and lifestyle living.

Development Structure:
Enyimba Economic City will be developed through a public-private-partnership (PPP) company of private sector investors, Abia State Government, and Federal Government of Nigeria but will be solely managed by the private sector.

• A special purpose vehicle by the name Enyimba Economic City Development Company Limited (EECD Group) has been set-up for the development of the new City.

Members of the Advisory Board of Enyimba Economic City Development are:
1. Dr Pascal Dozie Chairman
2. Mr. C. Darl Uzu Vice Chairman/CEO
3. Prof Barth Nnaji
4. Dr. Abraham Nwankwo
5. Elder Emmanuel Adaelu
6. Sen. Adolphus Wabara
7. Mr. Chidi Ajaegbu
8. Prof. Anya O. Anya
9. Chief Sam Nwaogu
10. Dr. Paul Ananaba, SAN
11. Ambassador Empire Kanu
12. Amb. Tom Aguiyi Ironsi
13. Mr. Ugochukwu Okoroafor
14. Mr. Austin Ufomba
15. Mr. Chibuzor Ekwekwuo

Enyimba Economic City will be developed over an area of approximately 9,803ha, spanning three local government areas of Ukwa West, Ukwa East and Ugwunagbo in Abia State.

Credit - abia info

Re: . by melodyogonna(m): 5:58pm On Jun 26, 2018
arinzeejikonye:

• Enyimba Economic City is a global business hub in the southeast region of Nigeria. It is a brainchild of the Governor Okezie Ikpeazu administration in Abia State.
• Enyimba Economic City is the audacious and ambitious project conceived with the intention of connecting South-East states and four out of the six states in the south south of Nigeria.
• Enyimba Economic City has been designated as a Special Economic Zone by the Federal Government and will have Free Trade Zone status.

Vision:

Mission:
To create economic hub central to the nine southeast and south south states linked with high grade access roads, rails, airport and seaports that will transform the region into a manufacturing and industrial powerhouse, with ancillary drivers of commerce, logistics, entertainment, education, health and lifestyle living.

Development Structure:
Enyimba Economic City will be developed through a public-private-partnership (PPP) company of private sector investors, Abia State Government, and Federal Government of Nigeria but will be solely managed by the private sector.

• A special purpose vehicle by the name Enyimba Economic City Development Company Limited (EECD Group) has been set-up for the development of the new City.

3. Prof Barth Nnaji
4. Dr. Abraham Nwankwo
5. Elder Emmanuel Adaelu
6. Sen. Adolphus Wabara
7. Mr. Chidi Ajaegbu
8. Prof. Anya O. Anya
9. Chief Sam Nwaogu
14. Mr. Austin Ufomba

Enyimba Economic City will be developed over an area of approximately 9,803ha, spanning three local government areas of Ukwa West, Ukwa East and Ugwunagbo in Abia State.

Credit - abia info
This is good, when is the work starting?
Re: . by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 26, 2018
Economic diplomacy,

We need pragmatic commitment, utmost seriousness, assiduousity, tenacity,steadfastness, unrelenting follow up,

Re: . by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 26, 2018
melodyogonna:

This is good, when is the work starting?

Its in phases,
Preliminary stage for now
Re: . by melodyogonna(m): 6:07pm On Jun 26, 2018
arinzeejikonye:

Its in phases, Preliminary stage for now
do well to update us with photos if you stay around the site
Re: . by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 26, 2018
Sino co-oporation is the real deal in this millenia,
Kudos to ikpeazu, but akwobedi beans at all,

They just getting started,

A whole lot needs to be done.

My heart goes out to the victims of plateau crisis.

3 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 12:34am On Jun 27, 2018
Enyimba Economic City Main website:

https://eecdgroup.com/

It has all the information about the project. This is currently the BIGGEST project about to happen in the south east. it is bigger than the Centenary city in Enugu.

1 Like

Re: . by Xander85: 2:41am On Jun 27, 2018
horsepower101:
Enyimba Economic City Main website:

https://eecdgroup.com/

It has all the information about the project. This is currently the BIGGEST project about to happen in the south east. it is bigger than the Centenary city in Enugu.

I think i'll keep the champagne on ice until i see appreciable progress on this Enyimba City! We've seen too many empty MOUs, broken promises and false dawns in the SE...enough to make us a bit circumspect and cynical about all these grandiose plans.

Though seeing Pascal Dozie there gives me a bit of hope.

2 Likes

Re: . by Xander85: 2:46am On Jun 27, 2018
There are some other individuals i'd like to see them bring on board. People like Prof Soludo and Okonjo-Iweala, and one or two business moguls like INNOSON and Ibeto.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 2:46am On Jun 27, 2018
Keep 'em comments coming Umu nnem,

Dave umahi is damn on steroids, no pun intended "winks"

Latest update on Muhammadu buhari overhead bridge and glass tunnel,

The Glass Tunnel

Credit - nature P.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 2:48am On Jun 27, 2018
Ain't no stopping Dave

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 2:50am On Jun 27, 2018
The overhead bridge,

Credit - nature P

1 Like

Re: . by Banmeallday: 4:04am On Jun 27, 2018
Which one is Enyimba economic city or Pan Igbo development this and that. You people can never believe in continuity? So many groups day in and day out all speaking different things. Where is Eastern Mandate Union, what happened to Obiaku City plan from the 80s, or Airport in Anambra plan from 70s, and on and on....Now I see Ikpeazu a criminal in the pictures with some quack Chinese signing blank peace’s of paper and people are again being deceived....

2 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 4:16am On Jun 27, 2018
Xander85:

I think i'll keep the champagne on ice until i see appreciable progress on this Enyimba City! We've seen too many empty MOUs, broken promises and false dawns in the SE...enough to make us a bit circumspect and cynical about all these grandiose plans.

Though seeing Pascal Dozie there gives me a bit of hope.

I agree with you. I hope this comes to fruition.
Re: . by Kokolet11: 6:42am On Jun 27, 2018
Banmeallday:
Which one is Enyimba economic city or Pan Igbo development this and that. You people can never believe in continuity? So many groups day in and day out all speaking different things. Where is Eastern Mandate Union, what happened to Obiaku City plan from the 80s, or Airport in Anambra plan from 70s, and on and on....Now I see Ikpeazu a criminal in the pictures with some quack Chinese signing blank peace’s of paper and people are again being deceived....
lol leave them to be deceiving themselves.one useless gov will go to lagos and bring some hungry chinese people,the useless govs media tout will come here and be shouting mou up and down.
Re: . by spyder880(m): 1:22pm On Jun 27, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

A well organised private funded shopping plaza almost completed in Enugu. .......

3 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 1:24pm On Jun 27, 2018
They may have up to 500 shops here. This is a very good way to generate employment opportunities.

Sales girls
Male apprentices
More distribution outlets
More security guards
More cleaners and service providers
More caterers selling food and drinks.

Endless opportunities.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 1:31pm On Jun 27, 2018
arinzeejikonye:

Vision:

Mission:

Development Structure:

3. Prof Barth Nnaji
4. Dr. Abraham Nwankwo
5. Elder Emmanuel Adaelu
6. Sen. Adolphus Wabara
7. Mr. Chidi Ajaegbu
8. Prof. Anya O. Anya
9. Chief Sam Nwaogu
14. Mr. Austin Ufomba

Credit - abia info

Beautiful! Just what we need now. Action should match the promises and I pray for a quick start to the whole project.

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 2:41pm On Jun 27, 2018
spyder880:

A well organised private funded shopping plaza almost completed in Enugu. .......

I see a lot of people complaining about Street trading and illegal stores over gutter.

But it is projects like these by private sector that will help sanitize our cities and make it easy for governments to collect taxes.

Also it helps to improve the aesthetics of the environment

2 Likes

Re: . by Xander85: 3:02pm On Jun 27, 2018
arinzeejikonye:

The Glass Tunnel

Credit - nature P.

Looks promising! But i don't know why there's no 3D rendering of these projects so we can see what they look like. I have absolutely no idea what that glass tunnel is all about! undecided
Re: . by cjrane: 3:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
arinzeejikonye:

The Glass Tunnel

Credit - nature P.

Abeg, which be Buhari mega pass again?
Is Buhari helping the state in anyway to build it or even build any project at all?

Umahi is the worst hypocrite in igboland

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.