Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,189 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

. - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (582823 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by melodyogonna(m): 4:10pm On Jun 27, 2018
cjrane:

Abeg, which be Buhari mega pass again?
Is Buhari helping the state in anyway to build it or even build any project at all?

Umahi is the worst hypocrite in igboland
Umahi is an ass-lic*ker but im dey work

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 27, 2018
Kokolet11:
lol leave them to be deceiving themselves.one useless gov will go to lagos and bring some hungry chinese people,the useless govs media tout will come here and be shouting mou up and down.
let me share the little i know,
1)that mou signing was done at ruyi group headquaters in china.The gov of kano was there last year to sign too.
2)Their is a 5billion naira provision for that project in the just approved budget.
3)The abia state govt is also building a mechanised shoe factory their, (the gov while in china allegedly completed payment for the machines, to be operated by the 30 shoe makers sent to china sometime ago )-theirs also talk that construction of a four star hotel is to begin soon.
All am saying is that the project has credibility-more especially when you consider the caliber of men fronting such as pascal dozie,carl uzo of crown realities and barth nnaji of geometric power.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 27, 2018
arinzeejikonye:
The overhead bridge,

Credit - nature P
the ebonyi govn is phenomenal!!!! just can't imagine what abakiliki would look like after his second term.
I must commend the speed of his project execution-my governor has been building his for over a year and six months now,yet its still half done.
Re: . by Cjrane2: 2:11am On Jul 02, 2018
Tourism in Umuahia: National War Museum & Umuahia mall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPbHxjbDYCo

BTW,
What was the rationale for building a mall in Umuahia when there is none in ABA?

Is it not a mark of madness to build a mall in a town with 50,000 people while a city with 5 million people have none? Nigeria is truly sick place!

ABIA State should have been a natural leader in the SE had they not criminally neglected Aba which should have been their key center and trump card for that state!

In America, Baton Rouge is capital of Louisiana, but all their economic investment is in New Orleans which is their key city and trump card!

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 02, 2018
cjrane:

Abeg, which be Buhari mega pass again?
Is Buhari helping the state in anyway to build it or even build any project at all?

Umahi is the worst hypocrite in igboland
the umahi guy is too smart... that stuff is on a federal road..he will have buhari pay for them after
Re: . by horsepower101: 4:23pm On Jul 03, 2018
Some New planned City Projects that could change the face of Igboland in the future.

1) Oguta Lake City (Imo)

2) Enyimba Economic City (Abia)

3) Enugu Lifestyle and Golf City (Enugu)

4) Enuani Mega city (Asaba)

5) Ochudo City(Ebonyi)

6) Umuleri Cargo Airport City (Anambra)

1 Like

Re: . by NonsoWow: 4:53pm On Jul 03, 2018
horsepower101:
Enyimba Economic City Main website:

https://eecdgroup.com/

It has all the information about the project. This is currently the BIGGEST project about to happen in the south east. it is bigger than the Centenary city in Enugu.
LOL. Keep deceiving yourself. Ikpeazu that is still struggling with the pillars of Osisioma flyover and unpaid workers salaries for the past 3 years wants to build an enyimba city!

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jul 03, 2018
NonsoWow:
LOL. Keep deceiving yourself. Ikpeazu that is still struggling with the pillars of Osisioma flyover and unpaid workers salaries for the past 3 years wants to build an enyimba city!
oga its a ppp project abia govt just provided the land.If that guy got golden brewery umuahia back on its feet after being moribound for over 8 years,I think he can do this.

2 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2018
eduj:

oga its a ppp project abia govt just provided the land.If that guy got golden brewery umuahia back on its feet after being moribound for over 8 years,I think he can do this.

If he took a second to explore the website he would have realized that it was Majority private project. But I think he did, his character is here to disrupt any progress among Igbos. Please Ignore him.

1 Like

Re: . by Xander85: 12:11am On Jul 04, 2018
We Must Shutdown Nigeria Before It's Too Late - Tony Nnadi

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gbizfg8oPs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 1:46am On Jul 04, 2018
Xander85:

This was very informative. Now I finally understand how the 1914 amalgamation was done and the reasoning behind it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Xander85: 9:44am On Jul 04, 2018
horsepower101:

This was very informative. Now I finally understand how the 1914 amalgamation was done and the reasoning behind it.

It was sort of a cooperation between the imperialists from the south and their proxies from the north!

The one that surprised me was the revelation that Shell had a camp in Owerri decades before the much claimed first discovery of oil at Oloibiri in 1956! What were they doing there for that long period of time? Maybe they had a love affair with the mosquitoes!

2 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 12:43pm On Jul 04, 2018
Xander85:

It was sort of a cooperation between the imperialists from the south and their proxies from the north!

The one that surprised me was the revelation that Shell had a camp in Owerri decades before the much claimed first discovery of oil at Oloibiri in 1956! What were they doing there for that long period of time? Maybe they had a love affair with the mosquitoes!

There was an article about it on Nairaland years ago that cause a big e-war when it exposed the findings this man revealed. Even the so called Niger delta minorities joined the Yorubas because it took away the myth that they have built up over decades that Igbo wanted their oil.

My happiness today is that oil is seeing is last decade. Once it becames worthless, those who can survive without oil money will thrive and those who cannot will wither.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by pazienza(m): 1:20pm On Jul 04, 2018
Xander85:

This is interesting.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 7:56am On Jul 06, 2018
pazienza:

This is interesting.

Great man, you've been scarce around here. Welcome Sir.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 8:33am On Jul 06, 2018
Why is it that this house has remained uncompleted?

1 Like

Re: . by spyder880(m): 8:34am On Jul 06, 2018
The great city of Onitsha.........

This is Port Harcourt road.

2 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 8:35am On Jul 06, 2018
Iweka road......

2 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 8:38am On Jul 06, 2018
Zik's roundabout, looking towards New parts..........

3 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 8:41am On Jul 06, 2018
More. ....

2 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 8:42am On Jul 06, 2018
Nkpor junction. .......

3 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 8:44am On Jul 06, 2018
Building materials international market, Ogbunike . .........

2 Likes

Re: . by pazienza(m): 9:17am On Jul 06, 2018
spyder880:

Great man, you've been scarce around here. Welcome Sir.

Thanks Sir. Got too busy with real life issues .
I appreciate the good work you are doing on this thread and the Enugu thread.

Jide ka iji, nwannem .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 9:18am On Jul 06, 2018
pazienza:

Thanks Sir. Got too busy with real life issues .
I appreciate the good work you are doing on this thread and the Enugu thread.

Jide ka iji, nwannem .

Thank you Bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 9:50am On Jul 06, 2018
Spyder880 as a real estate guy on the ground, I would like to get your opinion on this.

In major eastern cities, I see a lot of buildings from 70s, 80s and 90s that are old but in good condition. Why is it that people are not buying theses buildings and upgrading/renovating them instead of building new ones?

Wouldn’t it be cheaper to do so instead of building a brand new one?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 11:12am On Jul 06, 2018
horsepower101:
Spyder880 as a real estate guy on the ground, I would like to get your opinion on this.

In major eastern cities, I see a lot of buildings from 70s, 80s and 90s that are old but in good condition. Why is it that people are not buying theses buildings and upgrading/renovating them instead of building new ones?

I think most of the problem starts from the structure of ownership of these buildings, 95% of building ownership in Igboland is by single person private acquisition, which transfers to family ownership as most of first owners are either dead or too old to manage the property as is supposed. It then falls on the persons who inherits these properties to maintain them, but family ownership squabbles, siblings rivalry and sometimes, lack of interest keeps these buildings looking unkempt.

Then again, since these properties are mostly in the center of the city now, property appreciation must have pushed the value so high. Many families have refused to sell their old houses, calling it family houses while they live far from the house or abroad.

The price they will call if an interested buyer shows up is much more than we can afford, so I will make more profit going into semi urban areas to buy lands and build newer houses with today's architecture than buying an old house very costly and then spending a lot of money to renovate it.

We need more buildings in Igboland to be owner by large estate companies with more number of persons managing the estate to ensure beat practices in building, renting and management of the property.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: . by cjrane: 11:14am On Jul 06, 2018
horsepower101:

Without building these types of cheap apartments, it would be impossible for Igbos to live in Igboland. Also, the entire cities in Igboland would have been covered with massive slums bigger than anywhere in the world. We NEED much more of these types of buildings if there will be any hope of giving everyone a decent home in the southeast.

The only regret was that in the past we used our own Nkalagu cement to do it. Today, the Fulanis have conspired to make sure only them dominate the cement industry to force us into using and depending on Fulani cement to develop. It is dangerous turn of events to depend on Fulani cement when we have limestone in abundance in Igboland and highly unacceptable to depend on foreigners for survival.

I appeal to everyone of us to boycott DANGOTE cement when building their projects. The man specifically killed IBETO cement and now want to claim the Igbo market. The same Igboland he finds repulsive when ever he wants to invest in any projects in Nigeria. Igbos are only good to be exploited and fake cement sold to them. I wish our people can begin to patronize other brands because of the wickedness of these people towards Igbo owned businesses in Nigeria. We need to protest or the economic war against Igbos in Nigeria will never stop

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by aribisala0(m): 11:16am On Jul 06, 2018
Xander85:

Decades before?

When was this camp built? EXACTLY
Re: . by horsepower101: 11:18am On Jul 06, 2018
cjrane:

Without building these types of cheap apartments, it would be impossible for Igbos to live in Igboland. Also, the entire cities in Igboland would have been covered with massive slums bigger than anywhere in the world. We NEED much more of these types of buildings if there will be any hope of giving everyone a decent home in the southeast.

The only regret was that in the past we used our own Nkalagu cement to do it. Today, the Fulanis have conspired to make sure only them dominate the cement industry to force us into using Fulani cement.

I appeal to everyone of us to boycott DANGOTE cement when building their projects. The man specifically killed IBETO cement and now want to claim the Igbo market. The same Igboland he finds repulsive when ever he wants to invest in any projects in Nigeria. Igbos are only good to be exploited and fake cement sold to them. I wish our people can begin to patronize other brands because of the wickedness of these people towards Igbo owned businesses in Nigeria. We need to protest or the economic war against Igbos in Nigeria will never stop

IBETO is actually coming back with massive expansion plans. He is now listed in NYSE. Dangote is in panic mode that he will lose the eastern market forever. That’s why he rushed to open asaba and Owerri depot.

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 11:23am On Jul 06, 2018
spyder880:

I think most of the problem starts from the structure of ownership of these buildings, 95% of building ownership in Igboland is by single person private acquisition, which transfers to family ownership as most of first owners are either dead or too old to manage the property as is supposed. It then falls on the persons who inherits these properties to maintain them, but family ownership squabbles, siblings rivalry and sometimes, lack of interest keeps these buildings looking unkempt.

Then again, since these properties are mostly in the center of the city now, property appreciation must have pushed the value so high. Many families have refused to sell their old houses, calling it family houses while they live far from the house or abroad.

The price they will call if an interested buyer shows up is much more than we can afford, so I will make more profit going into semi urban areas to buy lands and build newer houses with today's architecture than buying an old house very costly and then spending a lot of money to renovate it.

We need more buildings in Igboland to be owner by large estate companies with more number of persons managing the estate to ensure beat practices in building, renting and management of the property.
Thanks.

Thanks for a wonderful explanation. The bolded is the key to successful housing resale economy as we have all over the world.

It time for large real estate companies get involved in housing in the East since a proven and lucrative market is there.

1 Like

Re: . by cjrane: 11:23am On Jul 06, 2018
horsepower101:

IBETO is actually coming back with massive expansion plans. He is now listed in NYSE. Dangote is in panic mode that he will lose the eastern market forever. That’s why he rushed to open asaba and Owerri depot.

Nonetheless, i appeal to our people to wise up. We should begin to boycott anyone who participates in the economic war against Igbos. They are watching closely to see if our people will respond to their acts of wickedness or not.

If we continue acting in our usual nonchalant ways of not paying attention to important things like these, these people will continue to extinguish Igbo businesses one at a time. Their sole purpose is to pauperize us and make us inferior to them in Nigeria. It is up to us to help them do it, or protest with our pocket by choosing what and whose products we buy.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.