Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

. - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (582704 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by spyder880(m): 12:05pm On Jul 08, 2018
And more hostels.........

2 Likes

Re: . by oneeast: 12:07pm On Jul 08, 2018
Bro wetin you find for hostels? cheesy

spyder880:
Hostels.......

1 Like

Re: . by Dremca(m): 12:08pm On Jul 08, 2018
I'm in love with this structure.
spyder880:
Hostels.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 12:16pm On Jul 08, 2018
oneeast:
Bro wetin you find for hostels? cheesy

I am still a vibrant young man who can take a tour to inspect some public or private dwellings wink wink

But seriously, I am planning to start a private students hostel project development soon, I wanted to see the most current design patterns and work out the final details with my client. I was inside of about three different hostels, chatted up the students and they allowed me access to enter and study the hostels, I even took measurements of their rooms, toilets and kitchens before leaving. Very nice young people there. (You guys should not get any funny ideas o cheesy)

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Dremca(m): 12:21pm On Jul 08, 2018
I believe new buildings and design will always make the students pay more, not leaking roof or fetching water from a far distance.
spyder880:

I am still a vibrant young man who can take a tour to inspect some public or private dwellings wink wink

But seriously, I am planning to start a private students hostel project development soon, I wanted to see the most current design patterns and work out the final details with my client. I was inside of about three different hostels, chatted up the students and they allowed me access to enter and study the hostels, I even took measurements of their rooms, toilets and kitchens before leaving. Very nice young people there. (You guys should not get any funny ideas o cheesy)

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 12:22pm On Jul 08, 2018
spyder880:
And more hostels.........

Spyder880 you once posted these renders below in another thread but I personally think they are better suited for hostel instead of regular flats. How much would it cost to build (rough estimate)? There are a total of 48 units in each building. I hope to build something like this someday.

2 Likes

Re: . by Dremca(m): 12:28pm On Jul 08, 2018
The first must be a luxury hostel, the design is superb.
horsepower101:

Spyder880 you once posted these renders below in another thread but I personally think they are better suited for hostel instead of regular flats. How much would it cost to build (rough estimate)? There are a total of 48 units in each building. I hope to build something like this someday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 12:30pm On Jul 08, 2018
Now, bigger hostels in Awka, this is over 80 rooms.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 12:34pm On Jul 08, 2018
spyder880:
There seems to be very few hostels for students of Nnamdi Azikiwe university, Awka. As a result of this, private hostel development has been booming in the city. I see same in Nekede, Owerri, also in Agbani, Enugu.

Is this good or bad for the state/ region?

Definitely a good thing. I personally think that it’s time to completely privatize hostels in the east and remove government involvement. The level of disgust and filthy environment students live in on university campus is appalling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 12:43pm On Jul 08, 2018
horsepower101:

I have floor plans prepared for this building and its still among our considerations. This 48 self contained units will cost about N70-80 million naira to complete till painting and move in level. (Depending on the choices of final finish materials)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 12:48pm On Jul 08, 2018
spyder880:

I have floor plans prepared for this building and its still among our considerations. This 48 self contained units will cost about N70-80 million naira to complete till painting and move in level. (Depending on the choices of final finish materials)

Thanks bros. I need to show this to my older brother. He has more money than I do. Maybe he can agree to invest with me. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Dremca(m): 12:49pm On Jul 08, 2018
In my own opinion, I suggest you go with first design. Its really classic and thats what student want.
spyder880:

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ChimaAdeoye: 12:58pm On Jul 08, 2018
Spyder,
Thank you for the refreshing pictures,

I am hoping somebody will inform the Anambra State Government that the barriers on the express median has been broken and miscreants are now crossing the road again.

I don't know why people risk their lives to cross a high speed express on foot. I hope OCHA brigade begins to arrest them and fine each N20,000 every time you are caught crossing the express illegally without an overhead bridge.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 12:59pm On Jul 08, 2018
A bigger hostel of about 80 self contained rooms..........

5 Likes

Re: . by oneeast: 1:01pm On Jul 08, 2018
Students of nowadays are living in "luxury". Beautiful hostels like this could not be found in Nigerian universities neighborhoods during our time as students. Now students are enjoying private balconies. It was even roofed with step-tiles.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 1:03pm On Jul 08, 2018
Another hostel in Awka...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 1:07pm On Jul 08, 2018
ChimaAdeoye:
Spyder,
Thank you for the refreshing pictures,

I am hoping somebody will inform the Anambra State Government that the barriers on the express median has been broken and miscreants are now crossing the road again.

I don't know why people risk their lives to cross a high speed express on foot. I hope OCHA brigade begins to arrest them and fine each N20,000 every time you are caught crossing the express illegally without an overhead bridge.

It’s very frustrating dealing with these illegal crossers. I almost killed a woman last Christmas period who literally jumped to the road when I was driving. She looked at me as if I was the wrong person.

But to be fair, there is no pedestrian bridge in that area. There needs to be about 4 or more. You can’t blame the people if the critical infrastructure is not there. If they cannot put a bridge, then they should install a red light to slow down traffic for pedestrians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by deadkamalu: 1:13pm On Jul 08, 2018
uli is another town hosting many beautiful hostels and many of them are empty.
Re: . by ChimaAdeoye: 1:15pm On Jul 08, 2018
spyder880:
Another hostel in Awka...

Part of the reason why students of today will be better mannered as human beings than the cult students of the past is that they lived and learned in a decent environment.

I am glad more and more people are structuring buildings to cater for students one bedroom apartments.

I also hope that places like Okpoko, we will begin to see these types of one bedroom apartments replace those Face-me-I-Face-you types of slum houses there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 1:17pm On Jul 08, 2018
oneeast:
Students of nowadays are living in "luxury". Beautiful hostels like this could not be found in Nigerian universities neighborhoods during our time as students. Now students are enjoying private balconies. It was even roofed with step-tiles.

Your statement captures exactly how the power of organized private sector can contribute massively to people’s development. Igbos are capitalist to the core. It’s time eastern governments use the capitalistic nature of ndigbo to their developmental advantage. They should privatize as much as they can while providing enabling environment. Government should never be running business or trying to do what the private sector can do far much better.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by ChimaAdeoye: 1:21pm On Jul 08, 2018
deadkamalu:
uli is another town hosting many beautiful hostels and many of them are empty.

Thank you for reminding me about this issue.

The cost of hostels in Uli and Okija are prohibitive. i know from the personal experience of two of my nieces. One completed her education at Madonna and the other was at ANSU. I had wanted to bring up this issue of students extreme exploitation by our people some time ago.

I don't know why those people are that mean to students. I am glad that students have abandoned their buildings for them.
How can a building in Uli be more expensive than building in Port Harcourt? It makes no sense!

3 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 1:51pm On Jul 08, 2018
ChimaAdeoye:

The cost of hostels in Uli and Okija are prohibitive. i know from the personal experience of two of my nieces. One completed her education at Madonna and the other was at ANSU. I had wanted to bring up this issue of students extreme exploitation by our people some time ago.

I don't know why those people are that mean to students. I am glad that students have abandoned their buildings for them.
How can a building in Uli be more expensive than building in Port Harcourt? It makes no sense!

Please, how much are they paying per self contained room in Uli? What are the facilities inside, do they supply water, generator?

Awka pays N120,000 on average per year.
Lets compare and see where to make more money.
Re: . by ChimaAdeoye: 2:57pm On Jul 08, 2018
spyder880:

Please, how much are they paying per self contained room in Uli? What are the facilities inside, do they supply water, generator?

Awka pays N120,000 on average per year.
Lets compare and see where to make more money.

In 2015, they were paying as high as N120-150K per year in Uli/Okija axis.

There were no water supply borehole, No Electricity and the roads in front of the place were the WORST in Africa. Not to mention they were really old buildings only fit as an old woman's kitchen or as a store to keep disused household junk. They just painted the inside of the room.

Infact, i came back to the US and advised the parents to remove the girls from those schools. But they managed to graduate.

Oga Spyder,
Remember our telephone conversation a few weeks ago. Remember this is July and I'm coming back this month. Biko, arrange with my bros to find me land in Awka or Enugu where i can build. Preferably in Awka.

Biko, i don't want too expensive land. Will (N4-6 million) be okay to set aside for land in a commercial area?
Biko negotiate well on the land, remember i'm just a nurse and not a business man like you big shots.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by oneeast: 3:02pm On Jul 08, 2018
Spyder don't mind her, nurses are the most paid medical professionals in America. My elder brother is a nurse in Sugarland, Texas, so i know everything.

Mrs. Chima no vex, na joke cheesy

ChimaAdeoye:

In 2015, they were paying as high as N120-150K per year in Uli/Okija axis.

There were no water supply borehole, No Electricity and the roads in front of the place were the WORST in Africa.

Infact, i cam back to the US and advised the parents to remove the girls from those schools. But they managed to graduate.

Oga Spyder,
Remember our telephone conversation a few weeks ago. I'm coming back this month. Biko, arrange with my bros to find me land in Awka or Enugu where i can build. Preferably in Awka.

Biko, i don't want too expensive land (N4-6 million) will that we okay?
Biko negotiate well on the land, remember i'm just a nurse and not a business man like you big shots
Re: . by ChimaAdeoye: 3:06pm On Jul 08, 2018
oneeast:
Spyder don't mind her, nurses are the most paid medical professionals in America. My elder brother is a nurse in Sugarland, Texas, so i know everything.

Mrs. Chima no vex, na joke cheesy

My bros, I don't have money oo! grin grin grin grin Just managing over here.

This one is just to follow others to do that i have investment in my state. But all the land they saw are like N10 million and above.Minus settling community boys and the goat for land. It's too high nah!
Re: . by deadkamalu: 3:13pm On Jul 08, 2018
sorry to say the students at uli might be the ones inflating their rent without the notice of the parents,most self contain with borehole will go for 60-80k,the closer to school the more expensive that said there are self contained rooms with water going for 40k,the problem might be distance.
Re: . by oneeast: 3:19pm On Jul 08, 2018
Yeah nwanne m you are one of the people i respect so much here even with all my "naughtiness". lol

As for the land, while you are checking out some with Spider, also remember to check Anambra Property Development Company in Awka, they just might have lands within your budget in one of their land-banks in Awka.

ChimaAdeoye:

My bros, I don't have money oo! grin grin grin grin Just managing over here.

This one is just to follow others to do that i have investment in my state. But all the land they saw are like N10 million and above.Minus settling community boys and the goat for land. It's too high nah!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Dremca(m): 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2018
Things has changed, very soon, students will be living in flat.
oneeast:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Dremca(m): 4:00pm On Jul 08, 2018
I believe if it was built to a certain luxury standard, students will pay
ChimaAdeoye:

Re: . by Dremca(m): 4:10pm On Jul 08, 2018
There lands go for nothing less than N15M, I believe Spyder880 will get her one with that budget.
oneeast:
Yeah nwanne m you are one of the people i respect so much here even with all my "naughtiness". lol

As for the land, while you are checking out some with Spider, also remember to check Anambra Property Development Company in Awka, they just might have lands within your budget in one of their land-banks in Awka.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by mufutau55(m): 8:06pm On Jul 08, 2018
spyder880:
Now, bigger hostels in Awka, this is over 80 rooms.

About how much to build this... move in stage.
How many plots needed and size of plot.
Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 08, 2018
oneeast:

Are they online?
Must one go to awka before having access to them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.