Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,182 members, 7,815,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

. - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (582808 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by horsepower101: 2:47pm On Jul 13, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
New areas aren't the issue, people aren't moving because they lack housing. People are moving because they believe they'll make money elsewhere.

I think the push away from make-shift businesses like opening shops, and local transport systems like Okada and Danfo make the situation worst. All of these things have to be there, and more markets have to be opened for people to start staying home.

I saw a study that counted the benefits of Igbos staying in their home state. It said that off the money an Abian makes, a higher percentage of it returns to him village if he lives in Abia than if he lives elsewhere. Of all of the states, Abia and Anambra has the highest return on investment on their indigenes because they're more likely to stay. Imo had the worst, Enugu was a little better than Imo.

So I said what's the difference in the states fairing better than the ones fairing worst and how can we expand that differentiating factor to make staying at home more appealing.

Then i saw it. Anambra has Onitsha main market, Aba has Aba Market. These are places where young men with little can go to make a name for themselves. They don't have to go to Alaba if they don't want to. Imo doesn't have this. Enugu doesn't either. Anambra and Abia also have an industrial based developed in and around this major markets.

Imo need to open a major, easy entry market in Orlu. Enugu needs to do the same in whichever location is more strategic. As big as or bigger than the ones in Onitsha and co. the Orlu zone has the densest population of people and communities in the whole of Igboland without having a major urban center. Opening a major market there will not only keep the sells put, it will also keep the buyers put. People will be able to live in their village and make a short drive to their place of work and business. I propose and electronics market because easterners are still going to Lagos to buy electronics.

You made a lot of good points but one that stood out to me is your theory that having local markets forces people to stay in their states. That's not always true.

1) Markets tend to grow organically majority of the time. Governments just building shops wont instantly create a market.

2) You have to realize that a lot of Igbos move to places NOT because of lack of consumers but because of Saturation. local business competition is fierce in Igboland. So I don't blame those that move out to other places with less competition.

3) finally, No matter where Igbos make their money from, they should make sure that they invest part of their profits back home. This is how Jews slowly turned a barren desert into a developed country. Jews all over the world have part of the investments in isreal.

2 Likes

Re: . by achi4u(m): 3:19pm On Jul 13, 2018
Thank you Ofordirinwa.
Despite our zeal to travel to other places to make money, if our home towns and villages has those necessary requirements with a good road network, good water, electricity, hospitals, nice schools for our little children with enough space for them to play, then what are you (we) finding in another man's land?, though few will still traveled out but a large percentage of our youths will be at home developing our homes.

In the case of Ebonyi state, ever since the state started witnessing some few development here and there with a lot of good news about the state, many people have started coming home to stay. A lot of people in another man's land are wasting their time over there. What you are looking for in Lagos is also there in ur backyard.

Thanks once again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 3:30pm On Jul 13, 2018
achi4u:
Thank you Ofordirinwa.
Despite our zeal to travel to other places to make money, if our home towns and villages has those necessary requirements with a good road network, good water, electricity, hospitals, nice schools for our little children with enough space for them to play, then what are you (we) finding in another man's land?, though few will still traveled out but a large percentage of our youths will be at home developing our homes.

In the case of Ebonyi state, ever since the state started witnessing some few development here and there with a lot of good news about the state, many people have started coming home to stay. A lot of people in another man's land are wasting their time over there. What you are looking for in Lagos is also there in ur backyard.

Thanks once again.

I am not disagreeing with you or ofodirinwa that people staying home helps the economy to grow but the law of supply and demand (markets) dictate how people will move.

For example,
In my business, If I can make N10 million a year in Aba but able to make N50 million in Benue due to less competition, what should I do in that situation? Do you expect me to still stay in Aba where the competition is tough and market is saturated?

People go where their profits can be higher. My only problem with igbos moving to other places are those ones that forget to invest their money back home into other business or real estate.

1 Like

Re: . by spyder880(m): 3:37pm On Jul 13, 2018
OreMI22:

Last year , Ohaneze did a census and estimated that about 21 million Igbos live outside the SE. Although we don't know if the number is accurate. But, even if it's 10 million, we still need to find a way to build more mass housing. We know government alone cannot even meet 0.5% of that housing need, so private sector must be given all the support by government to build more houses.

I am appealing to the SE governors to OPEN UP a new estate in every major city for private developers to have access to land.
1. If Onitsha has a big new area in Nkwelle Ezunaka and
2. Awka has new area in agu Awka, and
3. Aba has new areas in Osisioma, and Ogbor hills,
4. Umuahia has new areas towards Ubakala road,
5. Enugu has new areas at Emene, ninth mile and Ugwuaji,
6. Abakaliki has new areas around the army cantonment and Military school
7. Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe also have new areas created
8. Even new areas created around Obigbo and PH by Rivers State government

It will help a lot is solving the acute accommodation crisis in southeast cities.

I am appealing to people who have foresight to encourage our governors to mererly take a bulldozer and open up new roads into new areas. Let the indigenes of the place sell the land according to the number of plots and we will be on our way to accommodating folks decently and stem the migration out of the SE

I like this. As much as we might want to hate Chimaroke Nnamani, he had enough foresight and boldness to lift ESUT and fling it into Agbani, driving jobs, development and modern housing markets into the hinterlands of Agbani/Amurri. He also opened a lot of housing estates around Enugu city. New GRA, Golf estates, Loma Linda eatates and the Zoo gardens are sone of his landmarks.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by achi4u(m): 4:23pm On Jul 13, 2018
horsepower101:

I am not disagreeing with you or ofodirinwa that people staying home helps the economy to grow but the law of supply and demand (markets) dictate how people will move.

For example,
In my business, If I can make N10 million a year in Aba but able to make N50 million in Benue due to less competition, what should I do in that situation? Do you expect me to still stay in Aba where the competition is tough and market is saturated?

People go where their profits can be higher. My only problem with igbos moving to other places are those ones that forget to invest their money back home into other business or real estate.
Nwanne u are on point too. That competition issue is very much high, only the few harden guys will stay to compete.
The question now is, how do we make alaigbo more conducive for businesses and life itself?
Can we ever look like the least develop country in Europe?

I hate open sewage /gutter with passion but our government are enjoying it.

2 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 4:33pm On Jul 13, 2018
achi4u:
Nwanne u are on point too. That competition issue is very much high, only the few harden guys will stay to compete.
The question now is, how do we make alaigbo more conducive for businesses and life itself?
Can we ever look like the least develop country in Europe?

I hate open sewage /gutter with passion but our government are enjoying it.

I have one solution that will solve so many issues in Igboland and help us develop even faster.

That solution is what some people call "Think Home Mentality"

I will explain later how this can solve so many problems that we Igbo are facing today when I have time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by OreMI22: 6:39pm On Jul 13, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
New areas aren't the issue, people aren't moving because they lack housing. People are moving because they believe they'll make money elsewhere.

I think the push away from make-shift businesses like opening shops, and local transport systems like Okada and Danfo make the situation worst. All of these things have to be there, and more markets have to be opened for people to start staying home.

I saw a study that counted the benefits of Igbos staying in their home state. It said that off the money an Abian makes, a higher percentage of it returns to him village if he lives in Abia than if he lives elsewhere. Of all of the states, Abia and Anambra has the highest return on investment on their indigenes because they're more likely to stay. Imo had the worst, Enugu was a little better than Imo.

So I said what's the difference in the states fairing better than the ones fairing worst and how can we expand that differentiating factor to make staying at home more appealing.

Then i saw it. Anambra has Onitsha main market, Aba has Aba Market. These are places where young men with little can go to make a name for themselves. They don't have to go to Alaba if they don't want to. Imo doesn't have this. Enugu doesn't either. Anambra and Abia also have an industrial based developed in and around this major markets.

Imo need to open a major, easy entry market in Orlu. Enugu needs to do the same in whichever location is more strategic. As big as or bigger than the ones in Onitsha and co. the Orlu zone has the densest population of people and communities in the whole of Igboland without having a major urban center. Opening a major market there will not only keep the sells put, it will also keep the buyers put. People will be able to live in their village and make a short drive to their place of work and business. I propose and electronics market because easterners are still going to Lagos to buy electronics.

I agree that we need to open more big markets in Owerri, Orlu . But they need to be unique selling different niches and commodities. Else they will fail

4 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 6:42pm On Jul 13, 2018
OreMI22:

I agree that we need to open more big markets in Owerri, Orlu . But they need to be unique selling different niches and commodities. Else they will fail

Exactly, a market needs to have a competitive advantage for sustenance. Just building market don't cut it. It took decades for Ariaria and main market to become what they are today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by melodyogonna(m): 10:33pm On Jul 13, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

haha, first we have to find out how Google chooses pics. Can you do that?
Only experienced bloggers and SEO experts understand how this works.

I won't go into too many technical details but I hope you understand what am trying to say.

Google usually use what is called an ALT attribute to know what a picture is about, this attribute also tells a browser the text to show incase a picture is broken.

E.G
suppose you want to upload a picture of Milliken hill Enugu, the ALT attribute can be "Milliken hill road in Enugu state", this way Google assumes that you uploaded a picture about Milliken hill road Enugu. so if someone search's about Milliken hill Enugu, your picture will appear.

I think Nairaland uses the file name of images uploaded as AlT attribute so always rename the image you want to upload here to describe what the picture is about.
e.g Milliken-hill-road-enugu.jpg

use a dash "-" where space is necessary.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Ofodirinwa: 11:55pm On Jul 13, 2018
OreMI22:

I don't believe they'll fail even if they're general. Orlu to Onitsha is a 1hr drive, Orlu to Aba is a 1hr drive. Orlu is the exact center of Igboland, or at least close. you can have two general markets 1 hour apart from each other and they'll both thrive. The issue is someone from the Orlu area has to drive 1 hour either way to find anything outside of village goods. That's economically crushing the center of Igboland. Even in Lagos there are major markets that are 30 mins away from each other. 15 mins.

A major market in Owerri is necessary as well, but Orlu is crucial. If you check abroad, lagos, abuja etc the bulk of people that leave Igboland are from that Orlu zone. The #1 industry in the zone is 'abroad'. And Igboland will suffer without it being lifted by a major market.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by whirlwind7(m): 5:19am On Jul 14, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

Foresight and strategic!
Bro, you are very correct. In the last post I made on this thread about 2 days ago, I mentioned how the SE has not benefitted from non ambitious governors without futuristic views.

I just hope that these posts and the ideas presented here is getting considered by the right people in power.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by mandax: 6:33am On Jul 14, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

Imo need to open a major, easy entry market in Orlu.
Orlu zone has the densest population of people and communities in the whole of Igboland without having a major urban center. Opening a major market there will not only keep the sells put, it will also keep the buyers put. People will be able to live in their village and make a short drive to their place of work and business. I propose and electronics market because easterners are still going to Lagos to buy electronics.

Orlu area is the most densely populated in West Africa outside the urban centres. There is the booming Imo International Market in Orlu, problem is that the access roads to the market are all gone, no repairs since 7 years.

To make Orlu zone have a major urban centre was part of the reason why Orlu people massively voted Rochas Okorocha in 2011, risked what could happen if Ohakim had got re-elected.

But Okorocha instead denied urbanization expansion to Orlu, even destroyed lots of existing infrastructures here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by mandax: 6:40am On Jul 14, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

I don't believe they'll fail even if they're general. Orlu to Onitsha is a 1hr drive, Orlu to Aba is a 1hr drive. Orlu is the exact center of Igboland, or at least close. you can have two general markets 1 hour apart from each other and they'll both thrive. The issue is someone from the Orlu area has to drive 1 hour either way to find anything outside of village goods. That's economically crushing the center of Igboland. Even in Lagos there are major markets that are 30 mins away from each other. 15 mins.

A major market in Owerri is necessary as well, but Orlu is crucial. If you check abroad, lagos, abuja etc the bulk of people that leave Igboland are from that Orlu zone. The #1 industry in the zone is 'abroad'. And Igboland will suffer without it being lifted by a major market.

The much-vaunted Mgbidi mega-market that was much advertised by Okorocha govt, if it was ever concluded, it would have been another booster to draw the Orlu abroad toward home.
When Udenwa was establishing the Imo International Market Orlu, not many people gave the idea a chance. But today, the market is a beehive of activities, as it attracted many Orlu abroad home.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Rochas2023: 10:16am On Jul 14, 2018
cjrane:

You have to understand he had a purpose for taking those pictures. His album never showed any decent picture of Enugu. These are not the type of Nigerians that want tolerance or harmony. Someone dedicated to Fulani cows will rather die than take out a picture he deliberately tagged hashtag#Enugu to make sure goodle will put it on Enugu to ridicule a key Igbo city. These are not the type of Nigerians amenable to appeal. Dust your plan "B" and implement it. No need to waste your time on futile abeg.

I can remove them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Rochas2023: 10:26am On Jul 14, 2018
I need pictures to replace them with

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by ChilledPill: 11:07am On Jul 14, 2018
Rochas2023:
I need pictures to replace them with
You can use the ones posted on this thread to replace them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by cjrane: 11:53am On Jul 14, 2018
Enuguboy4nsk:
this is what we want in eastern Nigeria... I'm sure they're more mineral deposits in east.. our people should come back home to invest

bye bye to dangote cement in the east

Dangote has NEVER been a friend of the Igbos. Although Igbos are a huge part of his customer base. It has not stopped him from acting with the typical hatred of a Fulani man towards anything Igbo.

The hatred towards Igbo is worse when they see any type of progress in the East. They took ALL the federal projects, Federal jobs, Federal Civil service, and all economic enablers, like sea ports, yet they are not happy.

The worst is that they target innocent hard working people to try and kill their business simply because they are Igbo. See what DANGOTE did to IBETO and what GT bank is trying to do to INNOSON. They ban Igbo companies at the flimsiest excuses.

Yet, somebody like DANGOTE who will not build even a hurt in the entire SE is selling most of his cement to Igbos? Why can't Igbos buy other brands to protest the evil actions of these people against Igbo people? Why are we always distracted from doing what we must to boycott these people trying so hard to impoverish us?

I am hoping contractors and other home owners try to buy cement from other companies and NOT Dangote. If IBETO did what Dangote did, the Emirs will issue a Fatua that anyone selling his cement or products in northern Nigeria be attacked by the youths of the area.

We should start thinking seriously and sanction anyone that plots the destruction of Ndigbo NOT GIVING THEM CHIEFTAINCY TITLES !

http://www.igbofocus.co.uk/What-Crime-Did-lbeto-Commit--H/what-crime-did-lbeto-commit--his-crime-is-being-an-igboman.html

https://www.naija.ng/2279.html#46308

6 Likes

Re: . by spyder880(m): 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2018
The large space of land left between the WTC and UNEC has been turned into a housing estate by the Enugu state government. ......

Is this a good development?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 1:49pm On Jul 15, 2018
Looking at some new development at UNEC, Enugu.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 1:52pm On Jul 15, 2018
Temporary stadium, UNEC, Enugu. Where we used to play some good football. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 1:56pm On Jul 15, 2018
Uwani, Enugu

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 18, 2018
Nzogbu Nzogbu Enyimba Enyi,
Nzogbu..... Enyimba,

Nzogbu Nzogbu Enyimba Enyi,... X2
sing along Umu nnem!

GOLDEN GUINEA BREWERY IS ROARING BACK TO LIFE
HURRAY!!!!!!!! smiley smiley smiley

Credit Jok

3 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 7:27pm On Jul 18, 2018
arinzeejikonye:
Nzogbu Nzogbu Enyimba Enyi,
Nzogbu..... Enyimba,

Nzogbu Nzogbu Enyimba Enyi,... X2
sing along Umu nnem!

GOLDEN GUINEA BREWERY IS ROARING BACK TO LIFE
HURRAY!!!!!!!! smiley smiley smiley

Credit Jok

Do you know the current ownership?
Re: . by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 18, 2018
horsepower101:

Do you know the current ownership?

Nwannem nwoko, The last I could recollect, was that they got a lifeline facility of $10m for the resuscitation of the plant, Nonetheless, my believability is kinda tilting towards a ppp arrangement . Will do more research in a jiffy

More pix

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jul 18, 2018
Can't get enough.

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 18, 2018
Newly constructed Ukaegbu estates inner road, off Aba road Umuahia

Credit Jok

2 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 7:53pm On Jul 18, 2018
arinzeejikonye:
Newly constructed ukaegbu estates inner road umuahia

Credit Jok

That area in umuahia looks very appealing for estate development.

I am hoping that the enyimba economic city comes to fruition. The plan looks solid on paper and it will give Aba the rejuvenation that it desperately needs.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Afam4eva(m): 2:49pm On Jul 21, 2018
Once again, i want to use this opportunity to thanks Spyder880 and everyone that has contributed in one way or another on this beautiful thread. As enlightened Igbo people, the development of our land is in our hands and all hands must be on deck to build the Igboland of our dreams.

I have frequented Igboland in recent times and every time i go there, i keep seeing clearly what the problem is as it relates to the South-East and i will be reeling them out based on my limited knowledge about the various Igbos states and cities in them.

From my observation, i think what we need most in terms of infrastructure in the South-east or should i say, what is very evident is the state of our roads. I'm talking about state roads and not federal roads (that's a topic for another day.) Let me use Owerri as an example.

Owerri is supposed to be a touristy city where you go to have fun and that is evident in the number of hotels and hangout spot in the city. But what you will realize in Owerri is that a lot of roads are just bad and even some that are well tarred were done poorly and will give way in the near future. I could count the number of good roads in the places i went to in Owerri. For instance, the road where Concorde hotel is up to down the hilly road looks okay. From Control junction through bank road to Rockview hotel, the road is also okay. But the moment you venture into Wetheral road, it's really an eyesore. That place used to look better a few years ago. Though i understand there's work going on there but it seems to be moving at a very slow pace. Even the side walks are nowhere to be found. Infact, the side walks of most Igbo cities are usually embarassing.

You would expect that a city like Owerri that prides itself in being a tourism haven cannot do as little as make sure all the roads are in good condition. Why should a popular junction like Control have big pot-holes? That's the gateway to the capital of the state for crying out loud. Should i talk about the lack of roads in inner streets in Owerri despite the fact that these inner streets have beautiful structure like houses, hotels and what have you.

I think our Governors need to make it as a point of urgency to fix our roads. That will definitely change the face of our towns. For instance, i found Orlu attractive because the roads i passed through on my way to Ideato was well Tarred. it looked like a decent town in my opinion.

I also think it's imperative that we start building bridges. I know bridges are built primarily to ease traffic and to connect to different parts of a city, it in addition gives a town, a big city outlook. For some reason Owerri and some other cities have this small city or town look because they lack such infrastructure. The only cities in the east that look like big cities are Onitsha, Aba and maybe Enugu.

Even Abakaliki that seems like the youngest city among them is already having the trappings of a big city owing to the road and bridge constructions embarked upon by the current governor. We will begin to see what Abakaliki will become in years to come.

Another very important area that i think needs to be looked at is in the area of attracting invevstors and setting up industries. I think this applies mainly to Enugu and Owerri. That is because these cities pride themselves as the tourist cities in Igboland but it seems to me that anyone that has any good thing to ay about Enugu for example, probably used to live there when they were much younger but had to leave to Lagos, Abuja or Port-hacourt. if Enugu is as nice as people claim, why then are people leaving. The answer is very simple, it's because there are no opportunities. The only thing that is still giving Enugu and Owerri life is because of the Tertiary institutions that are located in them and this has given the cities some color. But a lot of these students leave as soon as they are done with their programs.

Now as for Onitsha and Aba. Despite it's problems, i think i'm impressed with Onitsha the most among all South-east cities. That's because i know how Onitsha used to be and how it is now. Like i said, it's one of the few cities in the SE that has that Big-City feel to it owing to the bridges and developed expressway. It's a city that people will be surprised by if very few things are added to it.

I think Onitsha proper needs a university. I don't know the name they want to call it, but it needs a big academic institutions to give diversity to it's inhabitants. people still see Onitsha with an Omata mindset. Like it's a city littered with illiterate trader and that is not true. But we must also make a concerted effort to bring the academic into Onitsha. the same thing goes for Aba.

8 Likes

Re: . by Cjrane2: 2:53pm On Jul 21, 2018
horsepower101:

That area in umuahia looks very appealing for estate development.

I am hoping that the enyimba economic city comes to fruition. The plan looks solid on paper and it will give Aba the rejuvenation that it desperately needs.

Gbam!

Aba needs a couple of great projects to help that city rise again.

Ojukwu himself recognized the central importance of Aba in Igbo renaissance.

If Aba rises as a true industrial city, then we have hope as a people. If it's subjugated as it is now, then we are subjugated as a people.

Those little children playing here and trying so hard to create an artificial division between Abia and Anambra will fail as usual.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Ofodirinwa: 6:20pm On Jul 25, 2018
If Aba doesn't work, we won't get anywhere

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Ofodirinwa: 8:23pm On Jul 25, 2018
horsepower101:

You made a lot of good points but one that stood out to me is your theory that having local markets forces people to stay in their states. That's not always true.

1) Markets tend to grow organically majority of the time. Governments just building shops wont instantly create a market.

2) You have to realize that a lot of Igbos move to places NOT because of lack of consumers but because of Saturation. local business competition is fierce in Igboland. So I don't blame those that move out to other places with less competition.

3) finally, No matter where Igbos make their money from, they should make sure that they invest part of their profits back home. This is how Jews slowly turned a barren desert into a developed country. Jews all over the world have part of the investments in isreal.

I disagree. Local Markets are the #1 employer of Igbo people. They're also the #1 reason people travel within Nigeria; to gain access to larger markets. Onitsha's market created Anambra's many successful towns because indigenes didn't have to go far to access a major market. Studies show that Abia communities score the best in remittance because of the Ahiara market. Both markets have led to industrialization and pulled more people out of poverty than any else in Africa.

Markets provide low entry access points for economic activity. Meaning you don't have to be born rich to start one but you can become rich owning one. They're the real source of employment, apprenticeship, and opportunity. Best part, elitism keeps the rich away from the industry making it exclusively to up and coming men and women. Imo doesn't have this and attempts at building it haven't been taken seriously. Once we have a market as big as the one in Anambra and Abia or bigger, we'll take off.

Lagos is currently chasing away it's traders and we're complaining, instead of looking for ways to absorb them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 26, 2018
Industrialization: Invest in Abia and enjoy tax waivers

In furtherance of the rapid industrialization agenda of Abia State government and with a view to tackling cases of harassment of business organizations in the state, government has approved tax and levy waivers for the following categories of investors in the state:

1. 100% waiver on all levies and dues (excluding user fees and PAYE) for new investment in education not less than Five Hundred Million Naira (N500,000,000.00) in verified value with a workforce of not less than 100 persons.

Waiver applies for 5 years from date of approval.

2. 100% waiver on all levies and dues (excluding user fees and PAYE) for new investment in manufacturing not less than Five Hundred Million Naira (N500,000,000.00) in verified value with a workforce of not less than 50 persons.

3. 100% waiver on all levies and dues (excluding user fees and PAYE) for new investment in healthcare not less than Five Hundred Million Naira (N500,000,000.00) in verified value with a workforce of not less than 20.

4. 50% waiver on all levies and dues (excluding user fees and PAYE) for new investment in hospitality not less than Three Hundred Million Naira (N300,000,000.00) in verified value with a workforce of not less than 20.

5. 100% waiver on all levies and dues (excluding user fees and PAYE) for new investment in agro-allied based industry not less than Fifty Million Naira (N50,000,000.00) in verified value with a workforce of not less than 50.

Organizations wishing to take advantage of this are expected to apply through the Abia State Board of Internal Revenue Service, Investment House, Umuahia, or the State Ministry of SME Development, for approval.

Chief John Okiyi Kalu
Honorable Commissioner For Information

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.