Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,145 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

. - Politics (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (582810 Views)

IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS N THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NAT PROBL / Junaid Mohammed: Igbo Political Leaders Haven’t Learnt Any Lesson From Civil War / Buhari And Economic Advisory Council In Close Door Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by achi4u(m): 5:08pm On Jul 11, 2018
I'm impressed with this thread.
Thanks a lot guys.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Sprumbabafather: 5:34pm On Jul 11, 2018
God and all the angels, are pleased with this pace of development in igboland. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by horsepower101: 7:05pm On Jul 11, 2018
I need to get a lot of people's input about this idea.

Spyder880 and Investnow2013 are two individuals have been at the forefront of various developments in Igboland and they always contribute pictures here on Nairaland and dedicate their busy time to it.

What if we all donate money in a secure and transparent manner to buy high quality camera drones for them to update us on more quality pictures.

Like if you agree

Share if you disagree

Quote if you have other ideas

13 Likes

Re: . by Masterppower: 10:45pm On Jul 11, 2018
Ndewo nu umunnem

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Xander85: 11:09pm On Jul 11, 2018
horsepower101:

Spyder880 and Investnow2013 are two individuals have been at the forefront of various developments in Igboland and they always contribute pictures here on Nairaland and dedicate their busy time to it.

What if we all donate money in a secure and transparent manner to buy high quality camera drones for them to update us on more quality pictures.

Like if you agree

Share if you disagree

Yeah, but i'd prefer it's a young unemployed graduate rather than wealthy Spyder and Investnow.

We can find one for each state....people who live in the city/state concerned.

2 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 3:57am On Jul 12, 2018
Xander85:

Yeah, but i'd prefer it's a young unemployed graduate rather than wealthy Spyder and Investnow.

We can find one for each state....people who live in the city/state concerned.

I totally understand but I wanted truthwothy individuals with good reputation. We all know those guys and their tremendous love and contributions. They are also level headed individuals that you can reason with. That’s why I think they are best fit for such projects.

Also Xander85, do you know that about 4 to 5 years ago, when you gooogle pictures of cities in the south east, I was very difficult to find any decent pictures and so many of them were outdated.

But thanks to picture threads from Nairaland and other forums, today there is more pictures available on google. But we can still do better.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by cjrane: 10:51am On Jul 12, 2018
horsepower101:

I totally understand but I wanted truthwothy individuals with good reputation. We all know those guys and their tremendous love and contributions. They are also level headed individuals that you can reason with. That’s why I think they are best fit for such projects.

Also Xander85, do you know that about 4 to 5 years ago, when you gooogle pictures of cities in the south east, I was very difficult to find any decent pictures and so many of them were outdated.

But thanks to picture threads from Nairaland and other forums, today there is more pictures available on google. But we can still do better.

There is this yoruba guy, "Fuji Films" that have replaced all the nice pictures of Enugu and other SE cities on google with fake village pictures he took. Then he uploaded fake pictures of wonderful places as Ibadan, Ife and Idanre grin grin grin

Each time i wonder why those guys are so concerned with undermining the SE than develop their area.

Please those that know how to change pictures of cities on google should do so.

5 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 12, 2018
cjrane:

There is this yoruba guy, "Fuji Films" that have replaced all the nice pictures of Enugu and other SE cities on google with fake village pictures he took. Then he uploaded fake pictures of wonderful places as Ibadan, Ife and Idanre grin grin grin

Each time i wonder why those guys are so concerned with undermining the SE than develop their area.

It show you how far some hate infested fools would go to stain the image of the South-East. Thanks Cjcrane for bringing this up this ugly development.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jul 12, 2018
this thread has violated some igbo rules and class norms and I hope the op.... spyder880 corrects that immediately.....

More reason I avoided the thread from onset.
Re: . by cjrane: 12:41pm On Jul 12, 2018
With the rejection of ranching in the region, Igbo youths in every community must now strengthen their internal security systems. Molotov cocktails are effective and easy ways to fight back.

Fulanis will surely send killers to Igboland to kill our people just to protest the decision to reject ranching in Igboland. People should get ready to take the fight to ALL their settlements in the region. The arm twisting of tribes in Nigeria by Fulani which now includes forcefully taking their ancestral lands under the guise of ranching must stop.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 1:50pm On Jul 12, 2018
cjrane:

That's the trademark of losers. They are more focused on undermining others than improving themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 2:00pm On Jul 12, 2018
horsepower101:

Like if you agree

Share if you disagree

So far the likes are 9.

Spyder880 and Investnow2013 can you guys find out the prices of good drones with camera at your local electronic stores. Nothing too expensive but something that does the job and that can last. Your honesty and transparency is highly appreciated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 5:17pm On Jul 12, 2018
horsepower101:

So far the likes are 9.

Spyder880 and Investnow2013 can you guys find out the prices of good drones with camera at your local electronic stores. Nothing too expensive but something that does the job and that can last. Your honesty and transparency is highly appreciated.

Thank you brothers. Investnow2013, please ask for the cost please. It will help show the good aides we want to see and expose the bad sides we ought to ask for change or improvements.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 5:52pm On Jul 12, 2018
One of the entry points to Main market Onitsha.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by InvertedHammer: 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2018
horsepower101:

Like if you agree

Share if you disagree

/
What will the drone show you that you are not seeing in the pictures?

Just curious...

Do you intend to go on reconnaissance mission?

/

1 Like

Re: . by DawatNama(m): 7:32pm On Jul 12, 2018
spyder880:
One of the entry points to Main market Onitsha.
this is New Market Road, very horrible and disgusting, this street that is suppose to be Anambra answer to Broad Street is looking this awful.
Obiano and his paid urchin will likely deceive uninformed people about development in Anambra State, just take a look at this road and others around it.

1 Like

Re: . by horsepower101: 8:24pm On Jul 12, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/

Just curious...

Do you intend to go on reconnaissance operation?

/

LOL Reconnaissance kwa? Of who

I just think that instead of climbing Hills and rooftops to get beautiful Semi-aerial pictures of city developments, it better and safer that they use drone. Also the city views are very limited if you depend on climbing hills. You can never get a picture like the one below without a drone.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by kmariko: 8:35pm On Jul 12, 2018
Spyder since you are on "ground" so to say...how about gathering a group of your business friends and talk to the state government about a

"Milliken Hill marathon"...with a cash prize from corporate sponsors like NBL

That will help promote tourism in the city...

2 Likes

Re: . by Dedetwo(m): 8:40pm On Jul 12, 2018
spyder880:
Ladies and gentlemen, we welcome you to our forum. In this forum, we shall be discoursing the political and economic progress of the eastern parts of Nigeria with a view to finding a united viewpoint on many of the issues affecting the whole region, and the nation at large.

The Igbo people of Nigeria are known from the pre colonial era to be great farmers and traders who practised one of most beautiful forms of leadership styles in the world. The Igbos, although without any highly recognizable rulers were able to conduct their societies in peace and prosperity through some of the best laws in Africa, enforceable by youths, with the command of titled elders who make decisions on what is right or wrong. Punishment for offences are known and are meted out to the offenders without bias.

The coming of the white man brought with it a lot of changes to the established way of life of the Igbo nation and the whole of the region. Warrant chiefs were appointed to oversee a lot of areas, mainly as a way to enforce taxation of adults and enforcement of British laws on the populace. This change brought with it the need to go to school, and Igbos embraced education in their numbers. Education in turn brought enlightenment, and on the flip side, a tradition of societal problems, like the abandonment of our communities to pursue education, employment and opportunities outside the region.

The Igbo nation has fared well in many areas, but a lot of work still needs to be done to keep the whole region on the part of progress. We need to keep tabs on our political leadership, we need to push them towards the policies which will guarantee our political and economic survival, and increased pace of development. We need to push them to create the enabling environment we need for industrialisation, which will bring employment and keep our youths occupied and wealthy.

I have always appreciate your post especial pertaining to Igbo. However, it good to leave room for improvement. Please other sons and daughters to provide picture of other Igbo political stalwarts you may not recognize. I did the picture of Nwafor Orizu, Okey IKejiani, Francis Ellah, Emma Aguma, P. Utomi, Nzimiro, etc.

3 Likes

Re: . by horsepower101: 9:03pm On Jul 12, 2018
kmariko:
Spyder since you are on "ground" so to say...how about gathering a group of your business friends and talk to the state government about a

Re: . by horsepower101: 9:05pm On Jul 12, 2018
kmariko:

I definitely love this idea. They should schedule such an event during late rainy season, early dry season. It will boost tourism. Plus hotels, restaurants, bars and public parks built around the area.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by spyder880(m): 9:13pm On Jul 12, 2018
kmariko:

I will make a call to someone about this in the morning. Nice idea.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by nextstep(m): 9:15pm On Jul 12, 2018
InvertedHammer:

/

Just curious...

Do you intend to go on reconnaissance operation?

/

There's a lot of value is seeing things from a drone/satellite view. You get ideas for where is developing, where there might be space for a new development, opportunities for farming, and industry. You can also have a better idea of what is going on, places you can't really see from the street because they are surrounded by trees: I often use google maps to zoom over parts of Nigeria and what I see is often impressive.

1 Like

Re: . by spyder880(m): 9:16pm On Jul 12, 2018
Dedetwo:

I have always appreciate your post especial pertaining to Igbo. However, it good to leave room for improvement. Please other sons and daughters to provide picture of other Igbo political stalwarts you may not recognize. I did the picture of Nwafor Orizu, Okey IKejiani, Francis Ellah, Emma Aguma, P. Utomi, Nzimiro, etc.

Good, I left a lot of spaces for more pictures and more important point to note at the beginning few pages. I have noted the names and will find their images and post. Please post more pictures of all of Igboland. We will appreciate it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Ofodirinwa: 11:03pm On Jul 12, 2018
cjrane:

the guy's blog seems to show that he's dedicated to fulani herdsmen as well lol. Says he's making an app that will keep them and their cows safe. He put his phone number on there +2348025883710

his instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ogbeniayotunde/

I think we should give him a subtle and respectful request to remove the pictures, then after that we'll have to resort to a 'plan b' if he's not cooperating.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by cjrane: 1:18am On Jul 13, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

the guy's blog seems to show that he's dedicated to fulani herdsmen as well lol. Says he's making an app that will keep them and their cows safe. He put his phone number on there +2348025883710

his instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ogbeniayotunde/

I think we should give him a subtle and respectful request to remove the pictures, then after that we'll have to resort to a 'plan b' if he's not cooperating.

You have to understand he had a purpose for taking those pictures. His album never showed any decent picture of Enugu. These are not the type of Nigerians that want tolerance or harmony. Someone dedicated to Fulani cows will rather die than take out a picture he deliberately tagged hashtag#Enugu to make sure goodle will put it on Enugu to ridicule a key Igbo city. These are not the type of Nigerians amenable to appeal. Dust your plan "B" and implement it. No need to waste your time on futile abeg.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by cjrane: 6:10am On Jul 13, 2018
spyder880:
Climbing higher to take more pictures cheesy

spyder880:

Enugu most certainly. This is also Enugu. ........
The ONLY way to cope with limited & expensive land and cater for the massive population of school leavers joining the job market, getting married and looking for a decent accommodation is to build 4-5 storey buildings in the East. If you build bungalow, not everyone will be able to afford it and not enough land to accommodate everyone decently.

I thank those who have persistently built for themselves and others through building the commercial buildings. At the same time, those who have made money and require a quiet decent home, can build duplexes in Independence Layout Phase 2.

4 Likes

Re: . by AmericanQuarter: 8:27am On Jul 13, 2018
Alhaji Danladi Ibrahim, Acting Managing Director, Nigeria Inland Waterways Authority (NIWA), said on Wednesday that the Baro Inland water port has been completed and ready for inauguration in August.

Ibrahim said this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja.

According to him, all cargo equipment needed for the Baro port to commence operation are being installed and the concession of the Onitsha port will also be concluded.

“Baro port has been completed, the cargo handling the equipment is being installed right now.

“It is expected that by next month the port will be ready for commissioning while the concession of the Onitsha port will also be concluded.

“Any moment from now, the concessionaire will take over the Onitsha port.

“The work on Baro port has been on for more than three years now and when completed, it will create close to two million jobs.

“The port is the anchor of North West, North Central transportation and the port is linked to railway where cargo can be moved.

“Onitsha port will serve the South East Nigeria; in fact, Onitsha port will be the most viable port as over 60 per cent of cargo in Nigeria goes to Onitsha, so it is going to be a very busy port,” Ibrahim said.

He, however, said that Onitsha port would be concession based on government policy, that the private sector should be the operator while government will provide the infrastructure.

NAN reports that Baro Inland Water Port is located at Baro, Agaie Local Government, Niger State

Source: http://www.nan.ng/news/fg-to-inaugurate-completed-baro-inland-water-port-in-august/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Ofodirinwa: 1:12pm On Jul 13, 2018
cjrane:

You have to understand he had a purpose for taking those pictures. His album never showed any decent picture of Enugu. These are not the type of Nigerians that want tolerance or harmony. Someone dedicated to Fulani cows will rather die than take out a picture he deliberately tagged hashtag#Enugu to make sure goodle will put it on Enugu to ridicule a key Igbo city. These are not the type of Nigerians amenable to appeal. Dust your plan "B" and implement it. No need to waste your time on futile abeg.

haha, first we have to find out how Google chooses pics. Can you do that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by OreMI22: 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2018
cjrane:

The ONLY way to cope with limited & expensive land and cater for the massive population of school leavers joining the job market, getting married and looking for a decent accommodation is to build 4-5 storey buildings in the East. If you build bungalow, not everyone will be able to afford it and not enough land to accommodate everyone decently.

I thank those who have persistently built for themselves and others through building the commercial buildings. At the same time, those who have made money and require a quiet decent home, can build duplexes in Independence Layout Phase 2.

Last year , Ohaneze did a census and estimated that about 21 million Igbos live outside the SE. Although we don't know if the number is accurate. But, even if it's 10 million, we still need to find a way to build more mass housing. We know government alone cannot even meet 0.5% of that housing need, so private sector must be given all the support by government to build more houses.

I am appealing to the SE governors to OPEN UP a new estate in every major city for private developers to have access to land.
1. If Onitsha has a big new area in Nkwelle Ezunaka and
2. Awka has new area in agu Awka, and
3. Aba has new areas in Osisioma, and Ogbor hills,
4. Umuahia has new areas towards Ubakala road,
5. Enugu has new areas at Emene, ninth mile and Ugwuaji,
6. Abakaliki has new areas around the army cantonment and Military school
7. Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe also have new areas created
8. Even new areas created around Obigbo and PH by Rivers State government

It will help a lot is solving the acute accommodation crisis in southeast cities.

I am appealing to people who have foresight to encourage our governors to mererly take a bulldozer and open up new roads into new areas. Let the indigenes of the place sell the land according to the number of plots and we will be on our way to accommodating folks decently and stem the migration out of the SE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by horsepower101: 2:33pm On Jul 13, 2018
OreMI22:

Last year , Ohaneze did a census and estimated that about 21 million Igbos live outside the SE. Although we don't know if the number is accurate. But, even if it's 10 million, we still need to find a way to build more mass housing. We know government alone cannot even meet 0.5% of that housing need, so private sector must be given all the support by government to build more houses.

I am appealing to the SE governors to OPEN UP a new estate in every major city for private developers to have access to land.
1. If Onitsha has a big new area in Nkwelle Ezunaka and
2. Awka has new area in agu Awka, and
3. Aba has new areas in Osisioma, and Ogbor hills,
4. Umuahia has new areas towards Ubakala road,
5. Enugu has new areas at Emene, ninth mile and Ugwuaji,
6. Abakaliki has new areas around the army cantonment and Military school
7. Owerri, Orlu and Okigwe also have new areas created
8. Even new areas created around Obigbo and PH by Rivers State government

It will help a lot is solving the acute accommodation crisis in southeast cities.

I am appealing to people who have foresight to encourage our governors to mererly take a bulldozer and open up new roads into new areas. Let the indigenes of the place sell the land according to the number of plots and we will be on our way to accommodating folks decently and stem the migration out of the SE

This is a wonderful idea. In fact I like what Enugu and Anambra state governments started doing which is land banking. They secure acres of lands from communities and hold it for investors. Then they sell it directly to real estate developers with paperwork very secure. This practice is still in its early phase but I am hoping it grows in scale.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Ofodirinwa: 2:35pm On Jul 13, 2018
New areas aren't the issue, people aren't moving because they lack housing. People are moving because they believe they'll make money elsewhere.

I think the push away from make-shift businesses like opening shops, and local transport systems like Okada and Danfo make the situation worst. All of these things have to be there, and more markets have to be opened for people to start staying home.

I saw a study that counted the benefits of Igbos staying in their home state. It said that off the money an Abian makes, a higher percentage of it returns to him village if he lives in Abia than if he lives elsewhere. Of all of the states, Abia and Anambra has the highest return on investment on their indigenes because they're more likely to stay. Imo had the worst, Enugu was a little better than Imo.

So I said what's the difference in the states fairing better than the ones fairing worst and how can we expand that differentiating factor to make staying at home more appealing.

Then i saw it. Anambra has Onitsha main market, Aba has Aba Market. These are places where young men with little can go to make a name for themselves. They don't have to go to Alaba if they don't want to. Imo doesn't have this. Enugu doesn't either. Anambra and Abia also have an industrial based developed in and around this major markets.

Imo need to open a major, easy entry market in Orlu. Enugu needs to do the same in whichever location is more strategic. As big as or bigger than the ones in Onitsha and co. the Orlu zone has the densest population of people and communities in the whole of Igboland without having a major urban center. Opening a major market there will not only keep the sells put, it will also keep the buyers put. People will be able to live in their village and make a short drive to their place of work and business. I propose and electronics market because easterners are still going to Lagos to buy electronics.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (732) (Reply)

Yorubas Are The Most Industrious,Richest & Educated Tribe in Nigeria & Africa / Yoruba Commonwealth and Politics / Nairaland Says No To Secessionists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.