Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,877 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:29 PM

Atiku In 2016- Nigerian Public University Graduates Are Brainless & Unemployable - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku In 2016- Nigerian Public University Graduates Are Brainless & Unemployable (550 Views)

Meet Debby Nnamdi-Victor Who Prophesied About Senator Elisha Abbo In 2016 / Flashback :Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar / ‘Nigerian Public Varsities Graduates Are Brainless - Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Atiku In 2016- Nigerian Public University Graduates Are Brainless & Unemployable by progress69: 11:38am On Apr 22, 2018
Nairalanders,

Here is what Atiku had to say about Public University graduates like my self.

Full story: https://m.guardian.ng/news/nigerian-public-varsities-graduates-cannot-compete-with-my-secondary-school-students/

‘Nigerian public varsities graduates cannot compete with my secondary school students’

Former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has described graduates of Nigerian public universities as brainless, saying they cannot communicate in English with the students of his private secondary school, the American University of Nigeria (AUN) Academy.

Abubakar, who spoke on Thursday evening in Yola during his birthday celebration organised by the management of AUN, said public universities graduates cannot fit into private industries due to their poor education and character.

“I was in the University of Zik in Akwa in Anambra State on Wednesday on the invitation of the university. There is no student in public universities that can speak English in an error-free manner like the head boy of my secondary, who just finished addressing us now

Fast forward 2018, Atiku reacting to the circulation of the twisted words of Mr President has this to say;

"I will never refer to Nigeria's youth as people who sit and do nothing. They are hardworking. I should know, I have thousands of youths working for me all over the country who have been the backbone to our success. he tweeted."

He continued;

I’ve always said oil is not Nigeria’s greatest asset. Our greatest asset is our youth who created Nollywood out of nothing and an entertainment industry that is second to none in Africa.

Our youth are charting new frontiers; creating a huge tech industry on their own! Their entrepreneurial spirit, work ethic, and creative abilities are things of pride and should be applauded, encouraged and nurtured.

We need to ask Atiku if the youths he is referring to here are the less than 5% who attended private universities like his "secondary school" or the over 90% "brainless graduates" who attended public universities.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku In 2016- Nigerian Public University Graduates Are Brainless & Unemployable by progress69: 11:38am On Apr 22, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku In 2016- Nigerian Public University Graduates Are Brainless & Unemployable by GavelSlam: 11:43am On Apr 22, 2018
Atiku knows how to tickle some people.

Do you know the university he used as an example was Nnamdi Azikiwe University?

Re: Atiku In 2016- Nigerian Public University Graduates Are Brainless & Unemployable by Mynd44: 12:33pm On Apr 22, 2018

(1)

Court Orders FG To Display Weapons Found In Dasuki’s House / Do You Know This Boy? / I Still Don't Support President Buhari's Second Term Bid - Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.