Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,342 members, 7,954,397 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:05 PM

Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife - Culture (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife (163643 Views)

Catriona Laing Visits Ooni Of Ife [photo] / Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage / Larry Ekundayo Visits Ooni Of Ife And Kneels Before Him (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 7:17am On Jun 21, 2018
steveosaz:

You are a dumb retarded maggot. How can foreigners who you claim worship your slave boy ooni present him with the most distinguishing Edo/Bini symbol and not the clearly different Ife ast symbol and yet he accepted it?

They were only telling him that while he is welcome, he should send greetings to his father in Benin. Sons receive awards on behalf of their fathers.

Loool damn. A new thread needs to be started with this very epic discovery.

Picture 1: ooni receiving Benin mask(on behalf of his father the Oba of Benin)

Picture 2: Edo mask and symbol of FESTAC 77. Compare with picture 1

Picture 3: Ife mask which is very different from Edo mask.

Question: why didn't they present ooni with Ife mask? And what message were they actually passing across to him? Of he and his subjects couldn't deduce that they were being reminded of Benin superiority over them, they they are all irreversibly daft.
ooni represent the Yoruba and Africa in general in Brazil perphaps that’s why he is pictured with the Benin pics who knows. But I poseted the pic of ooni with the Oodua statue in Brazil to shut ur dumbass brother davidnaze up on who is the real g. The Yoruba statue is in Brazil why the Benin mask is just a picture shown perphaps he brought it himself from Nigeria to show Brazilian that this is the picture of his son like every proud father does either way doesn’t matter. There is a reason the ooni is the one being honored in Brazil not the Benin boy and there is a reason there is a Yoruba statue in the city not a Benin one the Brazil already know who the boss his and who they should pay homage too like the pix below. Can u compare the fame of that mask to the ori Olokun pix below a pic that is being used as a symbol of Africa pride all over the world.

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 10:12am On Jun 21, 2018
Moneywomen17:
ooh shut up there do u think am only active on this thread I know who am taking about. Wherever u got 17 na u knows but if am 17 and have fish brain it’s understandable but u are brain dead and 42 and u know wat they say about a fool at 40

I know u are an internet troll active everywhere displaying ur mugu fish brain..
your cowardly brothers have fled u are still here forming ogedengbe the coward. I will sacrifice u to the gods.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Olu317(m): 10:19am On Jun 21, 2018
Moneywomen17:
point out where moneywomen said Eredo is the largest man made structure and where olu said ijebu is jebu-Salem. The only liar here is just u
He is a clown. Just imaging such fallacious statement? He will not show you anything instead, he will use abusive words. It only show the liar he is as an Oviedo.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 12:11pm On Jun 21, 2018
Olu317:
He is a clown. Just imaging such fallacious statement? He will not show you anything instead, he will use abusive words. It only show the liar he is as an Oviedo.

Slaves..
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 1:18pm On Jun 21, 2018
davidnazee:

I know u are an internet troll active everywhere displaying ur mugu fish brain..
your cowardly brothers have fled u are still here forming ogedengbe the coward. I will sacrifice u to the gods.
lol e pain u well but come oo it seems no be only me know u be big liar who makes statements without any prove and when proof is asked u cuss instead and u did not disappoint.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 1:47pm On Jun 21, 2018
Peep this Bros

3 Men

3 peoples

Bayajidda the north

Odduduwa the west

Nri the father of the east

Let’s unite, dead the beef

Peace
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by steveosaz(m): 2:56pm On Jun 21, 2018
Moorish:
Peep this Bros

3 Men

3 peoples

Bayajidda the north

Odduduwa the west

Peace

This is not particularly representational because it only covers just 3 out of over 300 ethnic nationalities.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 3:50pm On Jun 21, 2018
steveosaz:

This is not particularly representational because of only covers just 3 out of over 300 ethnic nationalities.

You might be right but Steve we need to start uniting as peoples

I see the edos (edo state and delta state) as my peoples

I was born and grew up in your lands

Black people will be very powerful if we can unite bro

It hurts my heart seeing you brothers dishonour eachothers’ heritage

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 4:16pm On Jun 21, 2018
Moneywomen17:
lol e pain u well but come oo it seems no be only me know u be big liar who makes statements without any prove and when proof is asked u cuss instead and u did not disappoint.

Wetin Dey pain here??
I shake my head for una. Who is the liar? The man that said their dubious Ifa can be used to determine DNA, or the one that said Ijebu Ode is Jerusalem known as jebu-isalem or the one that said eredo is the largest man made structure in the world?
This thread made me do a lot of research on the Yoruba people and wow my findings make me shake my head for una and really feel sorry for u guys.
You really don’t know ur history and you are lost.

Just FYI, 60% of current Yoruba people are not really yorubas but descendants of returnee slaves dumped in Lagos area because their exact origin couldn’t be determined by the British so they intergrated into the Yoruba tribe.
There is big possibility that you or babaramota or Olu could actually be children of Igbo slaves or Ghanaians or Hausas.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 4:49pm On Jun 21, 2018
Moneywomen17:
the ooni is invited all over the world cuz of his prestige and the Yoruba race influence. Who knows Benin king enough to invite him to anywhere regarding culture. Now post the video where the white women told ooni to shut up about the ife art and told him people will rather watch the Benin art instead.
Here is a white woman talking about ife glory in Houston museum apparently ife art shows a classical skill with the level of the Roman and Greek arts and the realism of the art is out of this world that they look like they can speak and communicate with u. That’s incredible here is the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnpb8Q-7_pc

That art prescribed the benin chief ....with a round
Bead and a white clothe tied around it waist i wonder how the ife got it....probably when oduduwa went to ife that is when they got the concept of the art ...this is an example of benin teaching yoruba art not the other way round ....
That statue is a pure benin chief with beeds on his head nd neck
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jun 21, 2018
gregyboy:

Lol...leave them lies is always covered up with lies they will say 1000 stories of oduduwa because of lieing

Oke era is new some yorubas he came from there
Some say he was crowned there i just dey laff
The falling oduduwa have finally be admited that it was a myth while the oduduwa from saudi was also a myth ....oke er is up now ....i onced argued with a delta friend who stayed in Lagos about oduduwa origin he told me d chain oduduwa usef in climbing down is still in ife i shocked i browsed on it nothing he told me its scared they cant snap it ....just because i made a mock of his tribe urohobo that benin used thier tribe for sacrificed when anything comes up in benin he condems it ..he supported the oduduwa falling from sky just because of that mockery of his people ..and the funny thing is that edo north believes in the stories too precisely auchi people but the eshans always take side with benins
dude, I am getting tired of your divisiveness. The ennemi is the yoruba, not fellow Edo.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by steveosaz(m): 7:00pm On Jun 21, 2018
prolog2:
dude, I am getting tired of your divisiveness. The ennemi is the yoruba, not fellow Edo.

Yes, but that doesn't mean the yoruba love themselves either. In fact, the yorubas probably have the greatest divisions amongst themselves than most of the other ethnic groups in this country.

The Egbas and the Ijebus rivals. Both of then usually emasculate the Yewa/Awori people. Within Ibadan, various quarters are after each other throats.

The Ijebus and Ijesha are doing their own thing.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jun 21, 2018
Moorish:
Peep this Bros

3 Men

3 peoples

Bayajidda the north

Odduduwa the west

Peace

This is nothing but utopian thinking that is devoid of the current realities of politico-religious, political-economic & politico-cultural place of each nation.

Each region is headed towards separate directions dictated by the internal situations preceding post-colonial Nigeria.

Each region has to come to its destination & fulfillment before finding a common goal to unite for in other regions.

Let’s stop lying to ourselves.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 21, 2018
steveosaz:

Yes, but that doesn't mean the yoruba love themselves either. In fact, the yorubas probably have the greatest divisions amongst themselves than most of the other ethnic groups in this country.

The Egbas and the Ijebus rivals. Both of then usually emasculate the Yewa/Awori people. Within Ibadan, various quarters are after each other throats.

The Ijebus and Ijesha are doing their own thing.

Loooool you have strong imaginations there my friend. I won’t fault you, it is poor knowledge of History you have displayed as usual. You have spoken through the lenses of politics, an abstract stuff that does not necessarily indicate a person or a people’s relations.

The stupid disunity talk people bandy around about Yoruba is a vestige of Ekitiparapo internecine war in Yorubaland. Prior to this war, all regions of Yoruba sustained the ‘Ebi’ system and operated within its ambits.

The Egba & Ijebu rivalry is a healthy one that began with minor conquests pre-colonial era. Today, they get along well & have conflicts too like siblings of the same parents do. Nothing special. If you had spoken about Egba & Oyo hatred, you may have scored some points.

Ijebu & Ijesa do not share a proximity and barely come in contact if not for the much more globalised state of things. Ijebu & Ijesa have always shared a good relationship all through the war & peacetime period in Yorubaland. You’ll barely hear either one stereotyping the other like Ibadan/Oyo elements stereotype the Ijebu because they blockaded them from coastal trades in the 18th/19th century.

Take out modern politics, you’ll hardly find any crack in Yorubaland NOT even within the bounds of religious differences.

Focus on your Edo division and stop imagining nonsense about Yoruba folks.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 8:09pm On Jun 21, 2018
prolog2:

They aint an enemy they just misled

am just telling u how different edos percieve the oduduwas story told by d yorubas....and i have been to different edo state...
.is better u know how the edos stand in terms of thier perception to this story.am neither trying to divide the edos
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Obalufon: 10:21pm On Jun 21, 2018
gregyboy:

am just telling u how different edos percieve the oduduwas story told by d yorubas....and i have been to different edo state...
.is better u know how the edos stand in terms of thier perception to this story.am neither trying to divide the edos

edo no dey hear word ..monkey brain
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 10:28pm On Jun 21, 2018
Obalufon:

edo no dey hear word ..monkey brain

slave pickin.. dirty useless Yoruba/Nigerian..
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 10:40pm On Jun 21, 2018
Y0ruba:

This is nothing but utopian thinking that is devoid of the current realities of politico-religious, political-economic & politico-cultural place of each nation.

Each region is headed towards separate directions dictated by the internal situations preceding post-colonial Nigeria.

Each region has to come to its destination & fulfillment before finding a common goal to unite for in other regions.

Let’s stop lying to ourselves.
Aren’t you proud of our Nigerian sons and daughters doing us proud globally in the music/entertainment scene?

Can we be that dominant if we separate?

We are more influential together than broken up

Facts
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 11:30pm On Jun 21, 2018
Moorish:

Aren’t you proud of our Nigerian sons and daughters doing us proud globally in the music/entertainment scene?

Facts

Maybe breakup will be better than living together and hating each other.
And Yoruba can eat their music when we breakup becos nothing else for them.
As for Lagos it will be a war booty becos the yarribas aren’t taking it. Edo has claim, igbos have claim even Hausas have claim.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 11:51pm On Jun 21, 2018
davidnazee:

As for Lagos it will be a war booty becos the yarribas aren’t taking it. Edo has claim, igbos have claim even Hausas have claim.
grin grin

David relax

We no go fight ourselves

We are too influential in africa and the globe to breakup

Once we get good leadership, tribe and religion will be irrelevant

In fact, those things will become a strength due to diversity

Me Im not one of those yorubas who argues over lagos

Lagos will most likely be ruled by yorubas for a long time tho..

But in a true democracy, anyone born in lagos and a lagosian can and should rule irrespective of state of origin

Same way, I can rule edo or delta because I was born and grew up in those lands

We will get there one day
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 1:23am On Jun 22, 2018
Moorish:

grin grin

David relax

We no go fight ourselves

We are too influential in africa and the globe to breakup

Once we get good leadership, tribe and religion will be irrelevant

In fact, those things will become a strength due to diversity

Me Im not one of those yorubas who argues over lagos

Lagos will most likely be ruled by yorubas for a long time tho..

But in a true democracy, anyone born in lagos and a lagosian can and should rule irrespective of state of origin

Same way, I can rule edo or delta because I was born and grew up in those lands

We will get there one day

Our African mentality can’t take us there.
If we still burning people alive for petty crimes, SARS shooting innocent people, Fulanis killing families, politicians looting and YORUBAS continuing their treachery and lies we won’t get anywhere.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 1:53am On Jun 22, 2018
davidnazee:

Our African mentality can’t take us there.
If we still burning people alive for petty crimes, SARS shooting innocent people, Fulanis killing families, politicians looting and YORUBAS continuing their treachery and lies we won’t get anywhere.
Ease off on the yoruba bashing bro

I am yoruba

Anyone can generalize and stereotype any tribe
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 5:27am On Jun 22, 2018
Moorish:

Facts

Actually, we would have been more positively impactively dominant if we were separate. The union has created too lany problems that has brought us into a repute of negative dominance.

Prior to unification, there were much more Yoruba doing Yoruba proud. During the regional days, there were many Yoruba doing Yoruba proud. What we have now is not a union but a burden of under regions yoking Yoruba region under a weight that has brought it to its knees.

The region that was the first in many things, the region that was the envy of many European nations including France, yes, the region that produced many pioneers in several academic fields in Africa and so on is now shxt. Look at Ibadan, a city that once gave Lagos Island a run for its money; a city many Yiibos and Hausas ran to has now become dilapidated, run down & a butt od all jokes.

The North wants to read quran & remain in the medeival period without interference from externals, this has always been their style even during colonial days.

The West wants to do education and develop internally. There are several colonial reports on this about Southwest.

The East wants to do trade and explore markets in other places while keeping outside rs out of their society that is devoid of hierachy or let me say ‘respect’.

These are the summaries of each region pre & post 1960. We have different perspectives, direction, cultural philosophy and life pursuits. We are all pulling each other backwards. If we can not have total disintegration, can we at least go back to regional system with each region holding rights to deport non-indigenes of a region at will?

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 5:42am On Jun 22, 2018
davidnazee:

Lagos as a whole is made up of 5 cultural divisions prior to its creation as a sate and these are:

1. Ikorodu

2. Badagry

3. Epe

4. Ikeja

5. Lagos Island.

Ikorodu & Epe are Ijebu towns; Ikeja & Lagos Island are Awori towns; Badagry is an Ogu town.

I swear until now I didn’t know Hausa, Yiibo & Bini had claims to these 5 divisions that have existed before Nigeria o. I swear you post is very insightful and full of knowledge. grin

On that Lagos Island the divisions that preceded Nigeria are:

1. Ikoyi - Oyo town.

2. Iru - Awori town.

3. Lekki/Palma - Awori town.

3. Ikate (VI) - Awori town.

4. Ijora - Awori/Ekiti town.

5. Apapa - Awori town.

6. Ajah - Ogu town

7. Any other locations you can think of are Awori towns.

8. Iga Idungaran - Bini. Bini’s claim to Lagos is the Eleko’s throne alone. You see that patch of land the Iga is located on is the only spot Bini has a ‘claim’ to/over.

You may want to tell us which of the 5 divisions/kingdoms the forefathers of the founders of Edo, Yiibo & Hausa brought from their poor regions. grin
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 6:07am On Jun 22, 2018
gregyboy:

That art prescribed the benin chief ....with a round
Bead and a white clothe tied around it waist i wonder how the ife got it....probably when oduduwa went to ife that is when they got the concept of the art ...this is an example of benin teaching yoruba art not the other way round ....
That statue is a pure benin chief with beeds on his head nd neck
trash trash na confirm ife art be that. U do know that the earliest Benin art are dated to the 15th century and ife art is older than Benin own. So how can the person who did art second teach the first person who did it. In ife it’s a thing over there to wear white even the whole of Osun State. The ooni always wear white all the time and the chiefs.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 6:12am On Jun 22, 2018
davidnazee:

Wetin Dey pain here??
I shake my head for una. Who is the liar? The man that said their dubious Ifa can be used to determine DNA, or the one that said Ijebu Ode is Jerusalem known as jebu-isalem or the one that said eredo is the largest man made structure in the world?
This thread made me do a lot of research on the Yoruba people and wow my findings make me shake my head for una and really feel sorry for u guys.
You really don’t know ur history and you are lost.

Just FYI, 60% of current Yoruba people are not really yorubas but descendants of returnee slaves dumped in Lagos area because their exact origin couldn’t be determined by the British so they intergrated into the Yoruba tribe.
There is big possibility that you or babaramota or Olu could actually be children of Igbo slaves or Ghanaians or Hausas.
trash long trash below what is u said and I ask u for proof. Below is what somebody also predicted u will do which is cuss instead and again like the edo boy u Are u did not disappoint. End of discussion

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Nobody: 6:17am On Jun 22, 2018
gregyboy:

Misled by whom or what?

Asides from written documents, scholars have been able to argue that evidences of primordial history abound in poetry/chants, festivals & other social ceremonies.

Ife (not the entire Yoruba) is resolute about the origin of their son, Oduduwa. Several evidences abound in the materials he left behind to his relatives in Ife - yep. Evidences abound in Ooni’s coronation. Evidence abound in Oduduwa & Obatala’s festivals. Evidences abound in the way Ife socio-political life is structured.

The problem is that every group wants to sell an Oduduwa narrative to suit an agenda.

For example:

1. Muslims hijacked Sultan Bello’s Mecca reference to Oyo & claimed Oduduwa came from mecca when in actual fact, Sultan Bello was specifically referring to Oyo in Clapperton’s journal. Why the muslims hijacked it is unclear but it may have been to help them market the Islam religion to other Yoruba people.

2. Oyo claiming Ooni was a slave in order to advance its own empire position which it lost to Ibadan after Oyo-Ile collapsed. The Alaafin is trying very hard to re-invent the empire & also hijack the Yoruba nomenclature in its present day meaning. Going by evidences, if anyone was a slave then it would be the Alaafin because the tribal marks he wears long ago indicate palace slaves in excavated artworks found in Bini & Ife. In addition to this, Oyo has no crown like other Yoruba towns & Bini. Like Oranmiyan founded Bini & Oyo dynasy, he also returned to Ife to seize the throne from the Ugbos again & founded the present dynasty. Ooni has nothing to do with any deity, deity worship in Ife is a family thing.

3. Bini’s Ekalederan story can be traced to the Western region problem when a politician made a statement at a house parliament saying ‘We have the Ooni if Ife & the Alaafin of Oyo here, the western region is complete’ meanwhile, way before Nigeria, sittng arrangement for kings was Ooni in the center, Alaafin yo the right & Bini to the left. The Oba Bini was infuriated by this and a seccession for mid-western region began. To achieve that political independence, a philosophy that appealed to nationalistic & patriotic emotions was needed ——> enter Ekalederan story here. On fact, it was further designed at that point to include the traditional history of Delta areas which made the Oba their ralkying point. It was not after the creation of the then Ben(in)Del(ta) - Bendel state that the people of Delta caught the drift and wanted out.

4. Olugbo rode the coat tails of Oyo & Bini. This trio were hell bent on using each other’s narratives to reinforce their respective position but while Olugbo agreed to the Ekalederan story, the Alaafin drew the line there. Olugbo forgot that his own group that left were those left in the Ugbo forest who did not know what had happened to their kin that went to Ife for usual pilgrimage. He has also forgotten that the 13 communities making up Ife were/are all Ugbo (including Osin Ora aka Oduduwa the usurper) & that his own group was just a fraction from Iwinrin section that still exists today under Obawinrin.

I am not trying to debate you or convince you to accept my version as the truth. I am just saying that evidences in the way the palaces of Ife, Bini, Oyo operate do not support the theories of Oduduwa being ekalederan or Ooni being a slave. The coronation of these three kings also do not support such claims. The festivals & the way these towns are strcutured tell a different story.

Yoruba may be misled about Oduduwa origins, Ife people are not. Outsiders may need to visit Ife more to see how things have been.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 6:19am On Jun 22, 2018
davidnazee:

shut up there in the whole Lagos state tell us where edo has claim or do u think we are talking about nairaland claim where u edo and ibo delude urself about who owns the land. Lagos is a cosmopolitan place where a lot of non-indigenous people has migrated to nothing more nothing less and If push come to shove everybody go find his way home if u don’t believe me check wat happen in 1993 when all ibo and Hausa pack their bags to their village in the east and north during June 12 na the owner of the land Yoruba wey remain. But anyway keep deluding urself.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 6:25am On Jun 22, 2018
Y0ruba:

Misled by whom or what?

Asides from written documents, scholars have been able to argue that evidences of primordial history abound in poetry/chants, festivals & other social ceremonies.

Ife (not the entire Yoruba) is resolute about the origin of their son, Oduduwa. Several evidences abound in the materials he left behind to his relatives in Ife - yep. Evidences abound in Ooni’s coronation. Evidence abound in Oduduwa & Obatala’s festivals. Evidences abound in the way Ife socio-political life is structured.

The problem is that every group wants to sell an Oduduwa narrative to suit an agenda.

For example:

1. Muslims hijacked Sultan Bello’s Mecca reference to Oyo & claimed Oduduwa came from mecca when in actual fact, Sultan Bello was specifically referring to Oyo in Clapperton’s journal. Why the muslims hijacked it is unclear but it may have been to help them market the Islam religion to other Yoruba people.

2. Oyo claiming Ooni was a slave in order to advance its own empire position which it lost to Ibadan after Oyo-Ile collapsed. The Alaafin is trying very hard to re-invent the empire & also hijack the Yoruba nomenclature in its present day meaning. Going by evidences, if anyone was a slave then it would be the Alaafin because the tribal marks he wears long ago indicate palace slaves in excavated artworks found in Bini & Ife. In addition to this, Oyo has no crown like other Yoruba towns & Bini. Like Oranmiyan founded Bini & Oyo dynasy, he also returned to Ife to seize the throne from the Ugbos again & founded the present dynasty. Ooni has nothing to do with any deity, deity worship in Ife is a family thing.

3. Bini’s Ekalederan story can be traced to the Western region problem when a politician made a statement at a house parliament saying ‘We have the Ooni if Ife & the Alaafin of Oyo here, the western region is complete’ meanwhile, way before Nigeria, sittng arrangement for kings was Ooni in the center, Alaafin yo the right & Bini to the left. The Oba Bini was infuriated by this and a seccession for mid-western region began. To achieve that political independence, a philosophy that appealed to nationalistic & patriotic emotions was needed ——> enter Ekalederan story here. On fact, it was further designed at that point to include the traditional history of Delta areas which made the Oba their ralkying point. It was not after the creation of the then Ben(in)Del(ta) - Bendel state that the people of Delta caught the drift and wanted out.

4. Olugbo rode the coat tails of Oyo & Bini. This trio were hell bent on using each other’s narratives to reinforce their respective position but while Olugbo agreed to the Ekalederan story, the Alaafin drew the line there. Olugbo forgot that his own group that left were those left in the Ugbo forest who did not know what had happened to their kin that went to Ife for usual pilgrimage. He has also forgotten that the 13 communities making up Ife were/are all Ugbo (including Osin Ora aka Oduduwa the usurper) & that his own group was just a fraction from Iwinrin section that still exists today under Obawinrin.

I am not trying to debate you or convince you to accept my version as the truth. I am just saying that evidences in the way the palaces of Ife, Bini, Oyo operate do not support the theories of Oduduwa being ekalederan or Ooni being a slave. The coronation of these three kings also do not support such claims. The festivals & the way these towns are strcutured tell a different story.

Yoruba may be misled about Oduduwa origins, Ife people are not. Outsiders may need to visit Ife more to see how things have been.
nicely said who will know ife history more than ife people. Ife people claimed he came from the east of Ife oke-ora they say na lie. Like u said the coronation of the king and other certain ritual done in ife regarding the ooni do not support he is any elkhadaran even at the height of the feud between ooni and alafin the alafin still rejected the claim of Benin king that claim elkhadaren even though they thought he will agree
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 6:30am On Jun 22, 2018
Y0ruba:

Actually, we would have been more positively impactively dominant if we were separate. The union has created too lany problems that has brought us into a repute of negative dominance.

Prior to unification, there were much more Yoruba doing Yoruba proud. During the regional days, there were many Yoruba doing Yoruba proud. What we have now is not a union but a burden of under regions yoking Yoruba region under a weight that has brought it to its knees.

The region that was the first in many things, the region that was the envy of many European nations including France, yes, the region that produced many pioneers in several academic fields in Africa and so on is now shxt. Look at Ibadan, a city that once gave Lagos Island a run for its money; a city many Yiibos and Hausas ran to has now become dilapidated, run down & a butt od all jokes.

The North wants to read quran & remain in the medeival period without interference from externals, this has always been their style even during colonial days.

The West wants to do education and develop internally. There are several colonial reports on this about Southwest.

The East wants to do trade and explore markets in other places while keeping outside rs out of their society that is devoid of hierachy or let me say ‘respect’.

These are the summaries of each region pre & post 1960. We have different perspectives, direction, cultural philosophy and life pursuits. We are all pulling each other backwards. If we can not have total disintegration, can we at least go back to regional system with each region holding rights to deport non-indigenes of a region at will?
am an huge supporter of disintegration and at least regionalism where Yoruba can have their own army, and police force and control their border. But a war must happen for total disintegration or civil war cuz they way Nigeria today is set up with northerners having the upper hand in government they will never agree and if they never do and tension continue to rise like this there will be civil war that will do the job and I feel it’s only a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Obalufon: 8:45am On Jun 22, 2018
Moneywomen17:
am an huge supporter of disintegration and at least regionalism where Yoruba can have their own army, and police force and control their border. But a war must happen for total disintegration or civil war cuz they way Nigeria today is set up with northerners having the upper hand in government they will never agree and if they never do and tension continue to rise like this there will be civil war that will do the job and I feel it’s only a matter of time.

WAR WAR!!!..Disintegration .....This primitive people are slowing us down .... We can't continue to live with people that have not fully evolved to be called human
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by steveosaz(m): 9:42am On Jun 22, 2018

Loooool you have strong imaginations there my friend. I won’t fault you, it is poor knowledge of History you have displayed as usual. You have spoken through the lenses of politics, an abstract stuff that does not necessarily indicate a person or a people’s relations.

The stupid disunity talk people bandy around about Yoruba is a vestige of Ekitiparapo internecine war in Yorubaland. Prior to this war, all regions of Yoruba sustained the ‘Ebi’ system and operated within its ambits.

The Egba & Ijebu rivalry is a healthy one that began with minor conquests pre-colonial era. Today, they get along well & have conflicts too like siblings of the same parents do. Nothing special. If you had spoken about Egba & Oyo hatred, you may have scored some points.

Ijebu & Ijesa do not share a proximity and barely come in contact if not for the much more globalised state of things. Ijebu & Ijesa have always shared a good relationship all through the war & peacetime period in Yorubaland. You’ll barely hear either one stereotyping the other like Ibadan/Oyo elements stereotype the Ijebu because they blockaded them from coastal trades in the 18th/19th century.

Take out modern politics, you’ll hardly find any crack in Yorubaland NOT even within the bounds of religious differences.

Focus on your Edo division and stop imagining nonsense about Yoruba folks.

Cheers.

You almost sounded sensible before the usual yoruba dubiousness and distortional traits reared its head. Call it politics or comedy, that's your cup of tea. What it is is what it is. It doesn't change the fact that you people are a divided and fragmented lot.

Meanwhile, school yourself properly on what politics truly is. Politics is ubiquitous and reflective in all aspects of social interaction. The point is; your people are divided.

You should save your advice for your fellow yoruba people who actually started this thread with the intention of pillaging Edo history and distorting facts.
Yoruba people have an unhealthy obsession with Edo people - something we find very irritating and uninteresting.
On the other hand, the Edos totally do not care about what the yorubas do with and amongst themselves.
The entire NL is filled with yoruba people engaging in online wars with everybody. They would quarrel with the Igbo, quarrel with the Edos, claim lordship over the Itsekiri, Urhobo etc. This shameless behavior is why we are right here and it's buying you people more enemies than you can imagine.
Many of the others usually ignore your usual tirades, but some times, it has to be addressed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (123) (Reply)

Some Animal And Birds Names In Yoruba. / Meet The 10 Most Powerful Kings In Nigeria. / Why Can't People Embrace Pan-africanism? Why So Much Hatred On This Forum??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.