Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,054 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife - Culture (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife (156275 Views)

Catriona Laing Visits Ooni Of Ife [photo] / Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage / Larry Ekundayo Visits Ooni Of Ife And Kneels Before Him (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 12:30pm On Jun 20, 2018
Moneywomen17:
shut up there yoruba fought themselves u say that like they are the first in history to do that. Have u not heard of something called civil war many great nation has succumb to it. Oranmiyan left benin his son went to oyo became the first alafin and also left that to his and he came back to ife to be the 6th ooni whatever trash u are saying is just that trash.

Just read what you wrote again... He left benin his son became king and went back to ife ....

Ha....i pity your knowledge the heart of an evil mind works against itself ...if the story was told to you wont you have one million question to ask
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 12:34pm On Jun 20, 2018
gregyboy:

Just read what you wrote again... He left benin his son became king and went back to ife ....

Ha....i pity your knowledge the heart of an evil mind works against itself ...if the story was told to you wont you have one million question to ask
read well he left Benin his son, went to oyo found the town became the first alafin, came back to ife to become 6th ooni. If u have a million questions am ready to answer them
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by KingSango(m): 12:37pm On Jun 20, 2018
Moneywomen17:
sure as long as u are happy with what u say.

As long as you're happy with money and women at age 17 and beyond. grin

Just love your ancestors you don't have to fight over them.

Ase

Love Sango

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2018
KingSango:

As long as you're happy with money and women at age 17 and beyond. grin

Just love your ancestors you don't have to fight over them.

Ase

Love Sango
I like u. U are the first person to get the meaning behind my moniker. Some dumbass assume am a women and so many other ridiculous shit. Moneywomen money first then women second. I love my ancestors if I do not I would not have commented or this thread or I would have left long time ago. The thing is I won’t tolerate anybody claiming my ancestor(oduduwa and others) or trying to distort their past @ u
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 12:44pm On Jun 20, 2018
Moneywomen17:
dumbass Greg let me lecture u on the trash u said before u think too much of urself. First of the most African slaves in the world are not Yoruba. Yoruba was only taken to the new world late and it happened during the fall of oyo a civil war where most who was taken were prisoner of war. Second about oduduwa he is from east of ife oke-ora a neighboring town that is still use as part of the coronation of any new ooni till today coz that’s where oduduwa first wore the crown. The only connection that Benin has with oduduwa is when they came to beg for a ruler and he sent his son oramiyan to rule u only for oranmiyan to knack a woman and leave the son to rule edo boys till today. The dumbass question I have ever seen is this how did oranmiyan found a town without taking a woman from Benin really Greg. Tell me how is a town ever found. A town is not founded by just one person.oramiyan left Benin with his followers or do u think a whole prince of ife will just dey walk alone he founded oyo and like every town a lot of people especially neighboring town will start coming to live in the town and so many of his followers in ife too and recognized the founder oramiyan as the ruler. U do know that sango the son of oranmiyan mother was a nupe princes. Nupe were the most antagonist of the relative young oyo kingdom. That’s how a town is founded and so many other ways. Oduduwa is a Yoruba the only reason u edo fraud claim him is u can’t stimach the fact that his descendants a Yoruba foreign person rule u today same reason u lie that sango is isango and Ogun is edo diety and also orunmila is orumila. U can’t stomach that ur people are worshipping the Yoruba god another sigh of subjugation religion.

Oke era is new one it was never in oduduwa old hisory ...

Where did oduduwa come from

Prisoner's of slaves kie...all this marks that looks like signature in yorubas peoples was a result of prisioners abi...

Nigga oromiyan left edo yorubas were mot aware i still wonder how they were aware he left to form oyo baffles me when there was no phone
Lets assume he left he nevered had a follower in edo who followed him to oyo ...he probably got lost while coming back to ife settled in another yoruba town oyo he was probably an unkown citizen there going back to oyo again by you that is a folklore... Even the Europeans had to create maps to lead them back to thier kingdoms
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 12:50pm On Jun 20, 2018
gregyboy:

Oke era is new one it was never in oduduwa old hisory ...

Where did oduduwa come from

Prisoner's of slaves kie...all this marks that looks like signature in yorubas peoples was a result of prisioners abi...

Nigga oromiyan left edo yorubas were mot aware i still wonder how they were aware he left to form oyo baffles me when there was no phone
Lets assume he left he nevered had a follower in edo who followed him to oyo ...he probably got lost while coming back to ife settled in another yoruba town oyo he was probably an unkown citizen there going back to oyo again by you that is a folklore... Even the Europeans had to create maps to lead them back to thier kingdoms
did u see the pix I posted about ooni coronation in oke-ora if u are blind see again. And what mark are u talking about is it tribal mark if not lost the mark u are talking about. I never said he had edo follower who followed him from edo. When he came to edo he had follower from ife when he left edo some follower stayed with his child and some followed him back read well. Oranmiyan is first alafin of oyo his son Sango and ajaka ruled in oyo so he was not unknown. Over to u to ask another probably dumb question. If oke-ora was a new why is it used in the king coronation with so much history behind it

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 1:15pm On Jun 20, 2018
Moneywomen17:
did u see the pix I posted about ooni coronation in oke-ora if u are blind see again. And what mark are u talking about is it tribal mark if not lost the mark u are talking about. I never said he had edo follower who followed him from edo. When he came to edo he had follower from ife when he left edo some follower stayed with his child and some followed him back read well. Oranmiyan is first alafin of oyo his son Sango and ajaka ruled in oyo so he was not unknown. Over to u to ask another probably dumb question. If oke-ora was a new why is it used in the king coronation with so much history behind it

Oke era was never mentioned in oduduwas history this are recent my friend d oduduwa who fell from sky landed in oke era abi or the sudan oduduwa ...some of your bothers said he came from oke ora ure saying he was crowned there...which should i believe? None

Benin never stated he left ife with his followers and i wonder where you get ur story from ...when eweka couldnt talk benin chiefs was the one who sent words to his father not is followers...he never brought followers ...oduduwa knew he was in a safe hands in benin because thats his origin..he left angrily to oyo probably lost is way to ife ...got to oyo he meant people there became a citizen and died he nevered return to ife ...neither was oduduwa an onni rather he was a priest onni was d slave boy .....this is basic fact and logic
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 1:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
gregyboy:

Oke era was never mentioned in oduduwas history this are recent my friend d oduduwa who fell from sky landed in oke era abi or the sudan oduduwa ...some of your bothers said he came from oke ora ure saying he was crowned there...which should i believe? None

Benin never stated he left ife with his followers and i wonder where you get ur story from ...when eweka couldnt talk benin chiefs was the one who sent words to his father not is followers...he never brought followers ...oduduwa knew he was in a safe hands in benin because thats his origin..he left angrily to oyo probably lost is way to ife ...got to oyo he meant people there became a citizen and died he nevered return to ife ...neither was oduduwa an onni rather he was a priest onni was d slave boy .....this is basic fact and logic
shut up there dumbass what do u know about ife history and like I said another trash. Oduduwa descending from the sky is well know to everybody that’s it’s a myth hell its told like this “according to yoruba mythology” now that that’s settled who told ur dumbass that oramiyan didn’t come to edo with followers from ife, don’t u know that every prince has a certain courtiers/followers that go with them every place. Oranmiyan is the first alafin of oyo and his son ajaka and sango both rules in oyo fact the rest of what u said up there is trash. Oranmiyan is first Oba of Benin, 1st alafin of oyo and the 6th ooni. His descendants rule in 3 different places till today. Another fact
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 1:38pm On Jun 20, 2018
Moneywomen17:
shut up there dumbass what do u know about ife history and like I said another trash. Oduduwa descending from the sky is well know to everybody that’s it’s a myth hell its told like this “according to yoruba mythology” now that that’s settled who told ur dumbass that oramiyan didn’t come to edo with followers from ife. Oranmiyan is the first alafin of oyo and his son ajaka and sango both rules in oyo fact the rest of what u said up there is trash. Oranmiyan is first Oba of Benin, 1st alafin of oyo and the 6th ooni. His descendants rule in 3 different places till today. Another fact

I love this you “shut up there” lol i dey get joy when i tell you the fact but u rather me believing lies at 21st century ure mad for that....

If oduduwa had followers Benin should be on the side to say it ...but it didnt if he even had followers as you said am not sure a woman would have followed him ....what made him stop at oyo if they weren't people there ...he was going to ife when he got lost found is way to oyo ....there was no fone to keep track of him if he did see pple closeby from benin before getting to oyo he would have stop i guess he never saw people no man with a sane mind would wonder the forset just to establish a kingdom with no female
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 1:46pm On Jun 20, 2018
gregyboy:

I love this you “shut up there” lol i dey get joy when i tell you the fact but u rather me believing lies at 21st century ure mad for that....

If oduduwa had followers Benin should be on the side to say it ...but it didnt if he even had followers as you said am not sure a woman would have followed him ....what made him stop at oyo if they weren't people there ...he was going to ife when he got lost found is way to oyo ....there was no fone to keep track of him if he did see pple closeby from benin before getting to oyo he would have stop i guess he never saw people no man with a sane mind would wonder the forset just to establish a kingdom with no female
he had courtiers/followers from Ife one of such people who came from ife along with oramiyan is chief Oloton google him quickly his descendants are still in Benin. Second of all on ur “if” statements. U do know when oyo was establish it quickly got into a war with the neighboring nupe that’s to show oyo wasn’t just in the middle of nowhere. Google who sango mother was and u will find out the woman is a nupe princess. U keep saying bullshit about being lost how does a lost person becomes the first king of a place and his descendants there still rule till today if he was nobody. Check ife tradition or Yoruba monarch tradition almost every prince branch out to establish their own kingdom that’s why U see a lot of king who claim descendants from oduduwa.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by KingSango(m): 1:57pm On Jun 20, 2018
Moneywomen17:
I like u. U are the first person to get the meaning behind my moniker. Some dumbass assume am a women and so many other ridiculous shit. Moneywomen money first then women second. I love my ancestors if I do not I would not have commented or this thread or I would have left long time ago. The thing is I won’t tolerate anybody claiming my ancestor(oduduwa and others) or trying to distort their past @ u

The Oba of Benin doesn't have any issues with the Obas of Yorubas. You will always have jokers. Let them have their laughs. You deal with people talking about you with prayer and peace offerings. Yet people will always talk about this and that and never know the half of what they are talking about. grin The reason the Oba of Benin choose a Yoruba prince to marry his daughter is because of they wanted to keep their royal blood pure so they only marry royalty. This is done all the time in Europe and nobody says nothing. Africa has the oldest royal blood on the planet because the royal families marry within royal blood. Sometimes they choose a woman to marry who isn't royal and sometimes the man may not be of royal blood. This is what separates first class royalty from other classes yet royalty is royalty. The ceremonies that they go through to crown them imparts the spirits of all the Kings before and all the Queens before. No joking can take away the rich treasure of any African house.

Ase

Love Sango

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 2:04pm On Jun 20, 2018
KingSango:

The Oba of Benin doesn't have any issues with the Obas of Yorubas. You will always have jokers. Let them have their laughs. You deal with people talking about you with prayer and peace offerings. Yet people will always talk about this and that and never know the half of what they are talking about. grin The reason the Oba of Benin choose a Yoruba prince to marry his daughter is because of they wanted to keep their royal blood pure so they only marry royalty. This is done all the time in Europe and nobody says nothing. Africa has the oldest royal blood on the planet because the royal families marry within royal blood. Sometimes they choose a woman to marry who isn't royal and sometimes the man may not be of royal blood. This is what separates first class royalty from other classes yet royalty is royalty. The ceremonies that they go through to crown them imparts the spirits of all the Kings before and all the Queens before. No joking can take away the rich treasure of any African house.

Ase

Love Sango
first of all who is the oba Benin daughter that married a Yoruba prince. Second I agree with u with royalty marrying royalty. 3rd wat did guy are saying they consider it no joke if I hadn’t tackle that fool that was already claiming Ogun sango or as it called it isango it will eventually turn into truth to them and they will start claiming it once more,
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by KingSango(m): 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2018
Moneywomen17:
first of all who is the oba Benin daughter that married a Yoruba prince. Second I agree with u with royalty marrying royalty. 3rd wat did guy are saying they consider it no joke if I hadn’t tackle that fool that was already claiming Ogun sango or as it called it isango it will eventually turn into truth to them and they will start claiming it once more,

How come get involved in nonsense? grin Nonsense leads nowhere.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 2:12pm On Jun 20, 2018
KingSango:

don’t worry kingsango we are just having fun. Am on this thread cuz edo has been displaying this nosense as truth for so long cuz like u said don’t get involved in nosense but sometimes I feel u have to. This thread wherever it ends or if it doesn’t will serve as deterrent to any potential edo lunatic in the future who wants to start more nosense

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by KingSango(m): 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2018
Moneywomen17:
don’t worry kingsango we are just having fun. Am on this thread cuz edo has been displaying this nosense as truth for so long cuz like u said don’t get involved in nosense but sometimes I feel u have to. This thread wherever it ends or if it doesn’t will serve as deterrent to any potential edo lunatic in the future who wants to start more nosense

Have at it. Youth. grin

Ase

Love Sango
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 2:16pm On Jun 20, 2018
KingSango:

Have at it. Youth. grin

Ase

Love Sango
thanks keep loving sango

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 2:42pm On Jun 20, 2018
This thread is about to hit hundred nice I wonder how farther it will go.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by MetaPhysical: 2:56pm On Jun 20, 2018
Okayyy...I think its time for elders to step in here and intervene. grin

Moneywoman, Olu, Baba, Y0ruba, asiko ti Omoluabi wa to bayi. Eyi ta se yi na too.

I take Oduduwa beg you, I take Obatala beg you, I take Ogun and Sango beg you, I take Oya and Osun beg you, I take Iya beg you. I beg you in name of Oranmiyan, Moremi and all the ancestors. E don do!

You have achieved your objectives. What else are you doing here? Let it go.

Baba you owe me one grin. I don rescue you for that origin of Yoruba thread. Pay me back by stopping this thing now. I no wan hear haaan from your mouth, just .., look, forget this thread exist. grin grin

Guys abeg o, you said this is your fight and only you have right to stop it, not other side. Please exercise that right this moment. You have done impressively well in outlining your points and achieved the goals. Walk off majestically with your head high and leave Edo people alone to their own problems.

Please....

I thank una!

Oodua a Gbe Wa o!

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Olu317(m): 3:27pm On Jun 20, 2018
MetaPhysical:

Moneywoman, Olu, Baba, Y0ruba, asiko ti Omoluabi wa to bayi. Eyi ta se yi na too.

I take Oduduwa beg you, I take Obatala beg you, I take Ogun and Sango beg you, I take Oya and Osun beg you, I take Iya beg you. I beg you in name of Oranmiyan, Moremi and all the ancestors. E don do!

Baba you owe me one grin. I don rescue you for that origin of Yoruba thread. Pay me back by stopping this thing now. I no wan hear haaan from your mouth, just .., look, forget this thread exist. grin grin

Guys abeg o, you said this is your fight and only you have right to stop it, not other side. Please exercise that right this moment. You have done impressively well in outlining your points and achieved the goals. Walk off majestically with your head high and leave Edo people alone to their own problems.

Please....

I thank una!

Oodua a Gbe Wa o!

I had already bowed out of engaging Oviedos because the motive behind it has been achieved. Beside, the Oviedos on this forum are not bringing anything new to counter Yoruba's scholarly evidence,but using abusive words.

Asé to your prayer
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Favor99(m): 3:48pm On Jun 20, 2018
Olu317:
I had already bowed out of engaging Oviedos because the motive behind it has been achieved. Beside, the Oviedos on this forum are not bringing anything new to counter Yoruba's scholarly evidence,but using abusive words.

Asé to your prayer
And you guys haven’t been using abusive words?
Ok. Lol

This thread is littered with your tribalism. My people were retaliating to your tribalism. It was an innocent thread until tribalists came in.

Your a low key tribalist to. Your not out there like babaramota
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by steveosaz(m): 4:26pm On Jun 20, 2018
Moneywomen17:
says the dumbass that has been severally told to provide proof about oduduwa coming from the sky that doesn’t start with “according to yoruba myth about oduduwa” it’s not Yoruba fault u guys are stupid that does not know that a story that starts with according to myth is actually a myth. Again repeating the same thing he had been corrected on no Yoruba said there is 5 sango in this thread it was said by kingsango a foreigner which u already know but u still hang on to it due to painment

You are totally a dumb irredeemable fvcking retard! You keep shouting proof every damn where when its actually you dicks that should be providing proofs. You as$holes had been propagating that shameless theory of oduduwa falling out from the sky and now you ask for proof. Go to your grandfather in the village that's if you even know him and ask, he will provide you the proof.

We are only repeating the senseless stories you tell. We find it an act of cowardice that you now deny you own fallacious non existent histories. Hahaha... By the time we are done with you, you will deny oduduwa and his slave boy ooni. Its a gradual process, but slowly and surely, you'll get there.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by steveosaz(m): 4:29pm On Jun 20, 2018
KingSango:

He gets involved in nonsense because he's full of shit and incapable of making sense.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moorish: 5:19pm On Jun 20, 2018
One thing we should all know is we are nations within a nation

We were forced together

We do not have to like each other but we can try to respect one another

Both Edo and Oyo were expanding empires

The white man seemed to have high respect for Edo because he interacted with Edo heavily

Edo had rubber, palms, salt, pepper

The white man traded with Edo for those commodities

Oyo was equally a formidable nation holding sway over its neighbors, but unfortunately our land did not have those resources, but Benin grew richer and powerful due to trade with Portugal since the 16th century

Benin also did not have to deal in slaves much because they had resources that the white man wanted/needed

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 6:16pm On Jun 20, 2018
Moneywomen17:

It’s ur dumbass brother Olu that called u a woman and I agree he is really a dumbass mugu.
It’s good to know u are 17.. no wonder u have a fish brain.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BabaRamota1980: 6:19pm On Jun 20, 2018
MetaPhysical:

Please....

I thank una!

Oodua a Gbe Wa o!

Aaahhhhh...awon IYAAMI osoronga!

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by BabaRamota1980: 6:22pm On Jun 20, 2018
Mmmmtchheeeww ....to Edo. lipsrsealed

BabaRamota walks out majestically with head held high

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 6:28pm On Jun 20, 2018
Moneywomen17:

So oduduwa was crowned Ooni at Oke-Ora??
Gaddamit. Yoruba can lie!! U guys are a confused race.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 6:30pm On Jun 20, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Which head held high? Cowards. U lucky we are in a civilized age, that ur head will be hung high on a stick.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 6:32pm On Jun 20, 2018
Moneywomen17:
he had courtiers/followers from Ife one of such people who came from ife along with oramiyan is chief Oloton google him quickly his descendants are still in Benin. Second of all on ur “if” statements. U do know when oyo was establish it quickly got into a war with the neighboring nupe that’s to show oyo wasn’t just in the middle of nowhere. Google who sango mother was and u will find out the woman is a nupe princess. U keep saying bullshit about being lost how does a lost person becomes the first king of a place and his descendants there still rule till today if he was nobody. Check ife tradition or Yoruba monarch tradition almost every prince branch out to establish their own kingdom that’s why U see a lot of king who claim descendants from oduduwa.

Those are fairytales stories my friend i study population as a course to ur explanation it doesnt match ....ile already had people to a village then his son left to establish oyo which in pop is more than ile ife pop that have been way established since ....oyo pop is twice ile ife own how come ...do u know how many people leave nigeria everyday to other countries giving birth and thier children migrate again as you said why aint thier pop more than nigerias pop....this is basically statistics ...it can never be more try it out except he ment people there which is logical the issue of my son going to find another kingdom and establishing a whole state is folktales young man
Benins sons migrated to yoruba towns the pop didnt pass the yoruba own ....this could also be reasonable only if oyo was older than ife not d other way around stop spreading fairytales ....if na migration of someone children establish a state i bet nigeria would haved establish more than 25 state in the world....

Chief oloton is a benin man who assited in going to ife to bring the lost prince he was never an ife man but a benin man so he was not a follower rather an helper
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by anibirelawal(m): 6:32pm On Jun 20, 2018
BabaRamota1980:

Thank you for your Vigorous contribution to this thread, i enjoyed every piece of it.

Oodua a gbe wa o!

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by davidnazee: 6:34pm On Jun 20, 2018
MetaPhysical:

Please....

I thank una!

Oodua a Gbe Wa o!

Yes, please carry ur foot soldiers and run away like your cowardly hero ogedengbe ran away with his foot soldiers.
The more u stay on here, the more people will begin to see the lies and fake history of the Yorubas.

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (123) (Reply)

55 Different Yoruba Hairstyles / The "REAL" Hausa / Owe Ile Yoruba -some Lovely Yoruba Proverbs And Their Meanings.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.