Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,337 members, 7,815,671 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife - Culture (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife (156225 Views)

Catriona Laing Visits Ooni Of Ife [photo] / Governor Obiano Visits Ooni Of Ife And Wife, Wishes Them A Successful Marriage / Larry Ekundayo Visits Ooni Of Ife And Kneels Before Him (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 11:39am On Jun 18, 2018
Favor99:

Yea I heard their pretty tribalistic. I grew up abroad, so I wasn’t familiar with much of the tribalism going on in Nigeria until I got to Nairaland.

I knew it went on, but I didn’t know the extent. The Yorubas are coming on here acting like racial supremacists and stuff. Not knowing that there is a whole world outside of Nigeria. They need to get on America’s or Europe’s level before they start feeling all big and sh**

America: $57,000 median salary a year
Yoruba: $2,500 median salary a year

You guys need to humble yourselves and stop acting all proud and arrogant, when ain’t sh** on a world level

That’s how these Yorubas treat Egun people very poorly and as 2nd class. I remember reading an article 2 years ago about it
u heard they were pretty tribalistic dumbass despite u already having a supposed “preconceived notion” about them u came here to act like s peace settler trying to join “Africans” together but a typical dumbass edo like u commend the first two post as good but the other has plain attack. Can u swear on ur life that the edo did not start the personal attack on tribe on this post dumbass.

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 11:42am On Jun 18, 2018
davidnazee:

No mind them bro.. They don't even know when have been defeated.
The only thing they are now dwelling on is Ekhaladeran.. They have nothing else to talk about again but to keep bringing up Ekhaladeran while we have thousands of true facts to throw at them. If this thread reach 1000 pages it is only Ekhaladeran they will be talking about because we forced them into that corner..
And I think it even serve a good purpose for us because now any curious spectator that want to find out about this Ekhaladeran/Oduduwa story will go online to research and they will only find 2 options... Is Oduduwa the same Ekhaladeran the Edo exiled prince, or Did Oduduwa descend from the skies with chains? we know which option is more real and which option sounds very foolish.
So make dem dey shout Ekhaladeran, It serves our purpose.
shut up dumbass oduduwa came from oke ora which is the actual story not the mythical compare to Benin false claim that he came from Benin forest after he was supposed to be killed which sounds more believable. Oke ora is very close to ife compare to Benin, oke ora and ife already speak the same language. Only a dumbass like edo boys will not know which one is real.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 11:46am On Jun 18, 2018
gregyboy:

Lol.....i thought said they birthed benin na so how come benin is not a yoruba homeland ...abi is it only the oba of benin they birthed only...

Ok how come out of all the kingdoms surrounding Benin including yoruba territories like ondo,ekiti they didnt go find king there they probably wanted to stress themselves so they decided ife with no somehow connection.... If you can use the same america logic for explaining the former u shld use it on this one....

As we all know d king stool is a hereditary the ile ife own is divination now use this as a simple logic

Mind u all both benin nd yoruba tho am benin but am a philosopher i reason outside the box removing fallacy nd ethnocentrism in my comment i dislike african history with passion except the egyptian history ...d oduduwas history with a philosophical reasoning you can deduced the truth from the fact....
ur logic will make sense about Benin not finding king in ondo and ekiti instead of ife if not that almost all the king in the said ekiti and ondo trace their own kingship to ife themselves. All Yoruba king are elected by what u call king maker (afobaje) it’s by ancestry not hereditary.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 11:48am On Jun 18, 2018
GodSon34:
All you fake Yoruba people! How can Ife be your spiritual capital when it didn’t even exist until 1900s...the Ooni of Ife is a fake office.,might as well be an extension of the British empire.
All the land inhabited by Osun people belonged to the Ijebu. Please see map 1892
lol another dumbass
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 11:49am On Jun 18, 2018
gregyboy:

Its sad reading all through the comment Yoruba's
Are having upper hand shutting the edos down only money4woman is doing a good job for the yorubas...

Thats why the whole 36 state will continue to believe on this fairytales of thiers even arguing with a calabar boy recently he took the side of d yorubas untill i showed him reality from fairytale

Yorubas are using fairytales and edos is using the same fairytales with them they are the master of it .....they will win in fairytale instead edos shld attack with prove nd logic ....example oyo was never an empire obatala never existed ,oduduwa is a benin prince with prove to them
tell us how u go prove ur lie we are waiting BabaRamota1980 are u seeing this lol
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 11:51am On Jun 18, 2018
gregyboy:

That should be d other way round British colonized nigeria nd gave it its religion benin colonized Yoruba nd gave is religion..... Ask for prove
shut up there what Benin religion is practices in Yoruba land none. But in Benin u worship sango a well know yoruba god u worship ogun and so many other Yoruba deity that’s someone giving u religion.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 11:57am On Jun 18, 2018
davidnazee:

Bro I think you are wrong in your observations.. on the contrary it is the Yorubas that have been shamed and exposed of their lies.
Edos unlike the Yorubas do not indulge in fairy tales. Yorubas are the ones promoting their fairytale about oduduwa descending from the skies, fairytale about mythical Oyo empire and after we slapped the fairytales out of their mouth they resulted to calling Edos witches, our women prostitutes..
we on the other hand have been presenting historical facts and accounts which are documented not fairytales.
Saying Ekhaladeran is oduduwa is not a fairytale, neither is the fact that Benin founded Lagos a fairytale. Also saying Benin conquered and subjugated the Yorubas and ruled over them for at least 500yrs a fairytale.. it is a fact.
We also conquered Eastern Yoruba lands.
That their ancestors were weak and cowardly is not a fairytale.
All these are true accounts of the Yorubas.

So if you see the Yorubas doing all the shouting and doing long write ups it is due to the frustrations and humiliations we have subjected them to.
We don’t need to shout or write long epistles like them. Everything is readily available on the internet and google search.
So don’t let their shouting and jargons bother you, it is the cries of defeat.
e pain u well. I know edo are dumb but there is different between myth and true story. Oduduwa descending from the sky is a myth if u doubt me find where the story is said where it’s not included it’s a myth. Second ur brother gegyboy is right and honest edo yoruba has been hammering ur thick skull all what u consider as truth like the @500 year rule” and unbiased reader like ur brother Greg can see it’s only truth to u. The eastern yoruba particularly the ekiti lead by ogedengbe wire edo no be small. Greg comment should serve as a reminder u are only winning in ur own mind not what this thread portrays. Ps since the beginning of this thread when people were arguing with fact u have been throwing personal attack at yoruba “slave, weaklings” were so many of the words use by ur king we only replied u
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 12:07pm On Jun 18, 2018
steveosaz:

Eeeyaa, relics of a failed empire again. Oga first, with all your so called first Nigeria and even worse the entire yprubaland is a shithole. Yorubaland is the ritual kidnap yahoo yahoo headquarters of Nigeria and indeed Africa.

lazy pigs, the igbos are still the ones developing your lands. Shameless people.

I was expecting you would say you are now on the same level with the whites. Dirtiest tribe in Africa.

Ndi offemmanu
this is what I meant when I mean osaz just go to yoruba vs ibo thread on nairaland and copy whatever ibo say there cuz he has nothing to say out of painment. If u say all this about Yoruba land what will u say about edo land. The whole Nigeria if u go to Facebook or any social media can attest to it that edo is the Witch and human trafficking capital of Nigeria. If u say the ibo is the one developing our land don’t the same ibo claim they are also the one developing Ur land and they have bought it all too. The dirtiest city in Nigeria is onitsha not myth but fact. Last do u even know what the Yoruba ibo say mean or do u just say it cuz they do and could u repeating typical ibo insult and bringing them to everything be the result of the time the conquer ur land in under 24 hours and appoint a governor over u.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 12:08pm On Jun 18, 2018
steveosaz:

The dubious nature of you fraudsters is what is souring the relationship. Don't worry, we would deal with the Ibos on a different level. For now, we need to place you properly.
u mean u will deal with same ibo that conquer ur land in under 24 hours how are u going to achieve that or have u forgotten how small and insignificant u lot are
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 12:10pm On Jun 18, 2018
steveosaz:

You clearly have not been diligent in your assessment. Money4women is the dumbest imp among those ypruba slaves.
obo boy check my personal argument with Greg some pages back and u will see why he dropped his comment.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 1:15pm On Jun 18, 2018
Moneywomen17:
shut up there what Benin religion is practices in Yoruba land none. But in Benin u worship sango a well know yoruba god u worship ogun and so many other Yoruba deity that’s someone giving u religion.

Sick boy lemme school you...throught out history btw yorubas nd edos ...yorubas just got d chance in a lifetime to rub itself with grt benin history by lending us our son ...which he came and ran like a yoruba coward that they trained him to he never got the chance to rule nor implement any of is yoruba customs in edo ...his son who he left behind had no knowledge him nd his custom he fellowed d edo custom....so now am asking how did yoruba custom come into edo
Without any influence the only influence history recognised is the edo influenced on yorubas ,eko,akure,ekiti,ondo,ibadan so many to mention with these you should know our custom migrated through that

The first pics is a priest at the oba shrine while the other is from the west replicating the first now tell me logically who transfered the custom nd religion out of one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by GodSon34(m): 1:18pm On Jun 18, 2018
I’m not dumb o! Oya defend your Ile Ife. I’m not just using mouth, I’m giving you maps., scripture dey sef
Moneywomen17:
lol another dumbass

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by GodSon34(m): 1:20pm On Jun 18, 2018
You people and your fake traditional rulers that are slaves to their colonial masters. Abeg gerrout of here
Moneywomen17:
u heard they were pretty tribalistic dumbass despite u already having a supposed “preconceived notion” about them u came here to act like s peace settler trying to join “Africans” together but a typical dumbass edo like u commend the first two post as good but the other has plain attack. Can u swear on ur life that the edo did not start the personal attack on tribe on this post dumbass.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 1:33pm On Jun 18, 2018
Moneywomen17:
ur logic will make sense about Benin not finding king in ondo and ekiti instead of ife if not that almost all the king in the said ekiti and ondo trace their own kingship to ife themselves. All Yoruba king are elected by what u call king maker (afobaje) it’s by ancestry not hereditary.

Yea d logic works ...Benin didnt check ekiti or ondo or eko for a king because they knew thier prince was as you know the kingship is based on hereditary not selection like the yorubas...

Afobaje are the kingmarkers not the selector

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 1:58pm On Jun 18, 2018
gregyboy:

Sick boy lemme school you...throught out history btw yorubas nd edos ...yorubas just got d chance in a lifetime to rub itself with grt benin history by lending us our son ...which he came and ran like a yoruba coward that they trained him to he never got the chance to rule nor implement any of is yoruba customs in edo ...his son who he left behind had no knowledge him nd his custom he fellowed d edo custom....so now am asking how did yoruba custom come into edo
Without any influence the only influence history recognised is the edo influenced on yorubas ,eko,akure,ekiti,ondo,ibadan so many to mention with these you should know our custom migrated through that

The first pics is a priest at the oba shrine while the other is from the west replicating the first now tell me logically who transfered the custom nd religion out of one
another trash doesn’t make sense at all. When oramiyan came to Benin didn’t he bring Yoruba from ife with and one such Yoruba is chief Oloton u know the chief of the royal ancestral shrine in Benin. Now answer my question what religion did u pass to us. I cite clear example of sango and Ogun which are Yoruba deity worship in Yoruba land so name one Benin deity worship in Yoruba land and stop writing long story.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by steveosaz(m): 2:04pm On Jun 18, 2018
Moneywomen17:
another long trash. In ife the Hausa we’re cleansed so we know u are lying just like ibo do and don’t let me dive in into how Fulani are murdering in ur own land even near ur king palace. The rest is just ranting of a pained soul

Slave boy, it's the ooni that would be the next to be chased out of his palace by the Fulani. Just wait and see...
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 2:04pm On Jun 18, 2018
gregyboy:

Yea d logic works ...Benin didnt check ekiti or ondo or eko for a king because they knew thier prince was as you know the kingship is based on hereditary not selection like the yorubas...

Afobaje are the kingmarkers not the selector
dumbass I told u the king of the so called ekiti and ondo almost all trace their ancestry to ife so how will the logic work if they have not come from ife to establish the kingdom already use ur head sometimes. Yoruba king is ancestry just like the Germans not hereditary true both the German Kaiser and Yoruba oba are made king by the afobajes and the use of religion divination ifa.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by steveosaz(m): 2:06pm On Jun 18, 2018
Moneywomen17:
another trash doesn’t make sense at all. When oramiyan came to Benin didn’t he bring Yoruba from ife with and one such Yoruba is chief Oloton u know the chief of the royal ancestral shrine in Benin. Now answer my question what religion did u pass to us. I cite clear example of sango and Ogun which are Yoruba dirty worship in Yoruba land so name one Benin deity worship in Yoruba land and stop writing long story.

Looolll...

Ode oniranu. See your life.
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 2:07pm On Jun 18, 2018
steveosaz:

Slave boy, it's the ooni that would be the next to be chased out of his palace by the Fulani. Just wait and see...
u mean like ur oba will be chased. Fulani has been going rampage with killings in edo state u wouldn’t know that cuz u are using ibo logic of attack in ur arsenal let me tell u it’s doa. The Fulani are using u for suya or do u want proof
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 2:08pm On Jun 18, 2018
steveosaz:

Looolll...

Ode oniranu. See your life.
auto correct but it’s fixed now so do u have an answer to the question I gave Greg or will u hold on to the error due to painment
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by gregyboy(m): 2:13pm On Jun 18, 2018
Moneywomen17:
another trash doesn’t make sense at all. When oramiyan came to Benin didn’t he bring Yoruba from ife with and one such Yoruba is chief Oloton u know the chief of the royal ancestral shrine in Benin. Now answer my question what religion did u pass to us. I cite clear example of sango and Ogun which are Yoruba dirty worship in Yoruba land so name one Benin deity worship in Yoruba land and stop writing long story.

Haha....chief oloton what

Again ogun isango ,oromila are all benin deities
Which the yorubas are worshipping now our son brought to ife ....spreaded it across all yoruba territories ....if benin never let oduduwa to ife i wonder how the Yoruba race would have been now it seem that oduduwa started the linage of the entire yoruba according to the yoruba folklore
But the benin said no oduduwa ment people there
If we go by pop calculation benin Is rite if oduduwa really started the yoruba race i bet the pop wont be more than a state
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by steveosaz(m): 2:15pm On Jun 18, 2018
Moneywomen17:
shut up dumbass oduduwa came from oke ora which is the actual story not the mythical compare to Benin false claim that he came from Benin forest after he was supposed to be killed which sounds more believable. Oke ora is very close to ife compare to Benin, oke ora and ife already speak the same language. Only a dumbass like edo boys will not know which one is real.

Brainless fowl.

Is oduduwa actually the same person all the yorubas claim is their progenitor?
Some say he came from;
Sky with a chicken in his hand,
Egypt,
Saudi Arabia,
East of Ile Ife(which is ordinarily Benin),
Now this son of a gun called moneywomen17 has added oke ora.

Another group says he has a father called Lamurudu and is the Biblical Nimrod.

You people should stop messing history up. There is no such thing as Yoruba history. Your history would only make sense when you humble yourselves and bow to your father Ekaladerhan. As$holes!
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 2:17pm On Jun 18, 2018
gregyboy:

Which the yorubas are worshipping now our son brought to ife ....spreaded it across all yoruba territories ....if benin never let oduduwa to ife i wonder how the Yoruba race would have been now it seem that oduduwa started the linage of the entire yoruba according to the yoruba folklore
If we go by pop calculation benin Is rite if oduduwa really started the yoruba race i b et the pop wont be more than a state
lol why not say igango or orobilla another elkhadaren in the making dumbass I assume yeye osun too is also iye osu stop lying dumbass u think u are talking to toddler here Babaramota1980 olu317 come and see ooo apparently sango who reigned in oyo and was deified after same as ogun the god of war is now a Benin deity what won’t I see finish on nairaland
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 2:23pm On Jun 18, 2018
steveosaz:

Brainless fowl.

Is oduduwa actually the same person all the yorubas claim is their progenitor?
Some say he came from;
Sky with a chicken in his hand,
Egypt,
Saudi Arabia,
East of Ile Ife(which is ordinarily Benin),
Now this son of a gun called moneywomen17 has added one ora.

Another group says he has a father called Lamurudu and is the Biblical Nimrod.

You people should stop messing history up. There is no such thing as Yoruba history. Your history would give only make sense when you humble yourselves and bow to your father Ekaladerhan. As$holes!
dumbass I know u are uneducated but i will educate u oduduwa coming from the sky is Yoruba mythology u do know what myth means right if not google it and read. The Egypt, Saudi Arabia is a recent things by Yoruba Muslim faithful to link oduduwa to Islam cuz yoruba doesn’t know Egypt nor Saudi before and for the rest the east of ife that was talked about was oke-ora and it’s the same place till today where some of the coronation of a new ooni takes place. The only people history look mess up to his Benin fool. There is none called elkhadaren in ife history it only exist in palm wine house in edo
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by steveosaz(m): 2:23pm On Jun 18, 2018
Moneywomen17:
lol why not say igango or orobilla another elkhadaren in the making dumbass I assume yeye osun too is also iye osu stop lying dumbass u think u are talking to toddler here Babaramota1980 olu317 come and see ooo apparently sango who reigned in oyo and was deified after same as ogun the god of war is now a Benin deity what won’t I see finish on nairaland

Shut the fvck up you dick!

On this thread, a certain Sango worshipper claimed there are even 5 different Sangos. Shame on you fvcktards! No respect!
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2018
steveosaz:

Shut the fvck up you dick!

On this thread, a certain Sango worshipper claimed there are even 5 different Sangos. Shame on you fvcktards! No respect!
”a certain Shango worshipper” that was exposed to be African-American who doesn’t even know that Shango bore Jakuta during his life time is ur reference. So I assume U are supporting Greg here that sango is isango and Ogun is also a Benin deity
Re: Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife by Moneywomen17(m): 2:29pm On Jun 18, 2018
gregyboy:

If we go by pop calculation benin Is rite if oduduwa really started the yoruba race i bet the pop wont be more than a state
again who is the ur “son” who spread this worship across Yoruba land

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (123) (Reply)

55 Different Yoruba Hairstyles / The "REAL" Hausa / Owe Ile Yoruba -some Lovely Yoruba Proverbs And Their Meanings.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.