Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,510 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" (55872 Views)

No Country Is Better Than Nigeria in the world / Nigerians May Wake One Day To Realize That They Have No Country - Atiku Says / "There's No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria"is Trump Actually Mocking Naija? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by bilazego(m): 11:30pm On Apr 30, 2018
fk001:
Nigeria is a great country with great people.

Only unpatriotic IPOB will speak against their father land

You patriotic ones are busy killing people and chasing them out their homes.

1 Like

Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by Deltayankeeboi: 11:31pm On Apr 30, 2018
Iammercy2018:
this wasn't what you meant, this is no kids zone, don't twist your words, stand by it and if you realized you made a mistake admit it and apologize that's the only way we can move forward in this country..
enough of your story. he didnt make any mistake. he has no reason whatsoever to apologize to anyone. there was no sincerity in what trump said, he was just trying to act a nice host. do you need trump to tell you that your country is beautiful before you know that. like wtf is actually wrong with you set of buhari supporters. who cares how trump compliments nigeria, is that an achievement we should be happy about. i wonder how some of you think.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by melody91: 11:31pm On Apr 30, 2018
farano:
I dey kampe tongue
gtk ,been a while o... where have u been hiding?
Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by oooduancalmdown: 11:33pm On Apr 30, 2018
[s]
nagoma:

A successful outing for Nigeria and for our President.

But wailers are not happy, they never wish Nigeria well.
[/s]
Keep deceiving yourself. Even if he said Nigeria is heaven, that does stop Nigeria from being an enormous shit-hole.
Ma tan ara we sogbo.
Wailers or no wailers, Nigeria is useless shit-hole. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by CSTR1003: 11:34pm On Apr 30, 2018
Nigeria is a beautiful country.

There are things in Nigeria you won't get any where else on the continent.

The most dynamic, the most fun filled, and very vast land area which is mostly habitable, unlike many vast countries in Africa overran by the Sahara desert.

It is a shame some people want to destroy it.

1 Like

Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by justuschi50: 11:35pm On Apr 30, 2018
kingkakaone:

It is not "our shithole" but "your shithole".
In this country today, people are buying cars and building houses without putting their hands into dirt.
May be some people needs to go and live in Somalia for 6 months to understand that though Nigeria is not the best but it is also not the worst.

look forget those talk many pple have say it but all d for Nigeria to get better it is mission impossible so pls shut up like say if u enter any political post if u no go embezzle money
Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by Nobody: 11:39pm On Apr 30, 2018
Amirullaha:

I didn't say he did not say it; What I meant was that how true is he to his words
linus

1 Like

Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by oooduancalmdown: 11:39pm On Apr 30, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
enough of your story. he didnt make any mistake. he has no reason whatsoever to apologize to anyone. there was no sincerity in what trump said, he was just trying to act a nice host. do you need trump to tell you that your country is beautiful before you know that. like wtf is actually wrong with you set of buhari supporters. who cares how trump compliments nigeria, is that an achievement we should be happy about. i wonder how some of you think.
@bolded you dey mind those dirty asses? Just because Donald trump called Nigeria heaven, does that make it so?? Many of them will sleep inside heat this night because there is no light to power their air condition/fan.
Very pathetic shameless useless animals they are

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by sucess001(m): 11:41pm On Apr 30, 2018
The guy has heard about naija runs gehs... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by slimfit1(m): 11:44pm On Apr 30, 2018
Nigerians dont get sarcasm when they see one.

2 Likes

Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by shegra58: 11:45pm On Apr 30, 2018
Rosskii:

What kind of question is that? If he had said you were the most useless country on earth, would you ask that question?

You people only feel comfortable hearing the worst about yourselves. Why? There is a lot Nigeria has to offer. Its culture alone is world class, and has many international admirers.

dont mind him may be because you never travel out of this country before if you go internationally the first impression if you're black Is that you're from Nigeria..I've been to Switzerland and I know how many girlfriend I made just because I'm a Nigerian including boys

1 Like

Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by wealthpos(f): 11:46pm On Apr 30, 2018
99100:
Sarcasm of the highest order.

Trump is a clown. grin
Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by martineverest(m): 11:51pm On Apr 30, 2018
Jaykolo10:
When mama beat us then and you don over cry.. next she'll carry you and pat you on your head... that's what Trump is doing....

cry
dumb....when he said Africa isfull of huts,u called him a racist....he's now trying to correct his previous perception on Africa and u re still dissing him....smh for hypocrites
Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by farano(f): 11:54pm On Apr 30, 2018
melody91:
gtk ,been a while o...
where have u been hiding?
Nowhere honey
Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by martineverest(m): 11:56pm On Apr 30, 2018
just look at many idiotss and hypocrites saying trump is sarcastic.....they were the first to label trump 'racist' when he said African is full of huts

1 Like

Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by Boyooosa(m): 11:57pm On Apr 30, 2018
Amirullaha:

You are misinterpreting my words...
I simply mean how true is he to his words that he will visit Nigeria someday considering the fact that he has a busy schedule...
Keep your good words to ur self Jere Mr Oliver!
Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by cardoctor(m): 12:04am On May 01, 2018
Make sure u visit Ajegunle o
Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by cardoctor(m): 12:06am On May 01, 2018
I wonder where he will stay when he comes.
Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by RighteousI: 12:07am On May 01, 2018

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by Rosskii: 12:09am On May 01, 2018
wristbangle:
We are smarter than this. Saying Nigeria is the most beautiful nation he would love to visit is just a statement of massaging our ego.

He is a psychic business man who wants to flood our market with their used and refined products to bring more wealth to their country.

Why didn't he made this comment when French president visited him? What a shame! These oyinbos don know say blacks are gullible people.

What are you talking about? He heaped mega praise on France during Macron's visit.
Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by Rosskii: 12:16am On May 01, 2018
RighteousI:

you are a slave.
don't you know that Trump was making an irony out of your zoo. he was insulting Nigeria I disguise.
it's like meeting a man with dirty clothes on and you greet him by saying "I really like how sparkling the clothes you are wearing are".

You suffer from deep inferiority complex. Tell me something. Is Nigeria the only developing country on earth? Get this: 80% of countries on earth are developing countries. Most of them are less developed than Nigeria. If you think otherwise, go and spend a week in Djibouti, Burma, Sierra Leone, Mali, or Bangladesh, and see how fast you would beg to be returned to Nigeria.

The developed nations are a distinct minority. Africa sees millions of tourist visitors per year. Thankfully, unlike you, the tourists see the Africans as humans first, before the economics. YOU may see yourself as ''dirty'' because of your complex. The rest of the world is more sophisticated in their analyses of peoples, thankfully.

Plus people in the developing world do not hate themselves in this manner. It is not a crime or something to be ashamed of, to be a country in development. It is actually the norm in this world.

1 Like

Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by FemiEddy(m): 12:18am On May 01, 2018
StackNerd:
Trump will say anything to get that buck from us. Just sign the damn paper, buy some old planes, just buy something. This was not a casual meeting, this was a sales meeting. Trump doesn't give a damn wether Nigeria exists or not, Trump only cares about one thing, and one thing only " The Greens" More money for the US, Thats all he cares about..

Let me state it here" Trump will never Visit Nigeria even if he serves 10 Terms in the US"
And don't ask me if I am God.
. I crazily agree with you but most will not know
Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by ThisIsOutlaw: 12:19am On May 01, 2018
Rosskii:
President Trump of the United States, at a White House press conference with President Muhammadu Buhari of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, has stated that he would greatly love to visit Nigeria, which he called ''an amazing country''.

He further stated that ''There's no country on earth more beautiful than Nigeria''.

Another indication that the world respects the Federal Republic of Nigeria as Africa's major power, even if sometimes her people decide not to respect themselves.

Full Press Conference:

(Trump comment at 23.20)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_HHPauudCk

You know what's crappy about this. It's almost like the speech that was presented by Nigeria president was meant for the US. Because United States was mentioned in the speech like a hundred times more than Nigeria was mentioned.. And President Trump was making jokes on Nigeria cos we were made to appear weak or he chooses to see us like that.. Saying * you like helicopters, don't you* and the money given to Iran.. He was telling Buhari *Nigeria want some of that , don't you*
Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by Rosskii: 12:24am On May 01, 2018
ThisIsOutlaw:

You know what's crappy about this. It's almost like the speech that was presented by Nigeria president was meant for the US. Because United States was mentioned in the speech like a hundred times more than Nigeria was mentioned.. And President Trump was making jokes on Nigeria cos we were made to appear weak or he chooses to see us like that.. Saying * you like helicopters, don't you* and the money given to Iran.. He was telling Buhari *Nigeria want some of that , don't you*

I wouldn't make much of all that. Trump is not the sort of person who speaks with diplomatic tact.

1 Like

Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by BabylonCruise(m): 12:28am On May 01, 2018
Figure of Speech(irony)
Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by RighteousI: 12:32am On May 01, 2018

1 Like

Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by ThisIsOutlaw: 12:41am On May 01, 2018
Rosskii:

I wouldn't make much of all that. Trump is not the sort of person who speaks with diplomatic tact.

Well yes maybe... But that dont change the fact that the speech was boring.. It was all about praising Trump and US. It didnt state us (Nigeria) being capable of anything or talk about our own mights

1 Like

Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by Iammercy2018: 12:41am On May 01, 2018
Deltayankeeboi:
spotted
Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by Slavetotherithm(f): 12:41am On May 01, 2018
This Trump is a pathological liar.
Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by Rosskii: 12:42am On May 01, 2018
RighteousI:

you are one of those fools that still have hope in your zoo. instead of playing visa lottery so you can get out of the zoo, you are defending the zoo.
if nigeria is not a zoo filled with monkeys, I won't have said so.
since you are so zealous about the zoo, why not try to effect change by voting or even trying to develop it. let's see how long you last before you get chopped into pieces.
don't worry, they will honour your zeal for the zoo by playing the Nigerian national anthem at your funeral.

Do you think God placed you on this earth to be permanently disgruntled?

Look at you. Ungrateful little thing. Did your grandparents enjoy 1/10th of what you currently enjoy? Nope. Did they condemn Nigeria and call it all sorts of names? Nope. Back then, in the 1950s and 60s - less than a generation ago - only the very rich could afford a car. The middle class rode bicycles. Roads were few, industries non-existent, and there was near zero electricity. Phone penetration was less than 1%. Less than 10% of Nigerians were literate at independence, compared to 75% today. Most Nigerians were stuck on the farm.

But they never hated Nigeria even though they were peasants. Now fast forward to you. 2018. Well fed, with an education, with Iphone, Ipad, smartphone, internet, maybe a car or two, and nice apartment etc, in a country that has CLEARLY MADE PROGRESS since independence. Yet, you are filled with contempt for your country. It's pretty sad. You can list all sorts of ills facing Nigeria. It's no excuse to hate or demean it. The USA has 50,000 gun deaths per annum. Plus opioid addiction now claims tens of thousands of lives per year there. They have many serious problems there, from drug gangs, to homelessness, to police brutality. But you will never see Americans demean their country. Learn from them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Trump: "No Country More Beautiful Than Nigeria, And I Want To Visit" by Iammercy2018: 12:47am On May 01, 2018
oooduancalmdown:

@bolded you dey mind those dirty asses? Just because Donald trump called Nigeria heaven, does that make it so?? Many of them will sleep inside heat this night because there is no light to power their air condition/fan.
Very pathetic shameless useless animals they are
as them no give una talk talk this time una no get any choice than to invent something, so another one spotted.

Una go wail u til 2023, make February quick come na, it's taking too long self

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bashiru Dawodu Presents His Certificate Of Return To MC Oluomo / Dino Melaye In ABU Zaria, 22 Years Ago (Throwback Photo) / FFK Reacts As Oduduwa And IPOB Members Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.