Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

President’s Wife Off To Dubai - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President’s Wife Off To Dubai (7732 Views)

This President's Wife Have Started Her Own Drama Series / President’s Wife Behind Okrika Violence – Amaechi / President’s Wife Behind Okrika Violence – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by makajibbz(m): 5:33am On May 21, 2010
iam in dubai too, give me her address,maybe she cld pasd gudluk 2 me, lol grin
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by makajibbz(m): 6:59am On May 21, 2010
when i waz in Naija, i dnt knw if itz jus me or Nigerians have a sense dat Indians are cool, due to bollywood movies, dis is wat we see
priyanka chopra, we 4get er are over a billion un-cool Indians

when u r abroad u see Indianz everywhere dey are like rodents
believe me u'll hate bollywood when u see dem staring at u like
ur the only black guy on earth, guys lik di staring at yu

lol

Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by SLIGHT(m): 7:48am On May 21, 2010
Plunderers rule naija one after the other why cant we have a decent leader or leaders **hisses**
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by Ranoscky(m): 8:03am On May 21, 2010
A 'president wyfe' for that matter, travelled to dubai and it became the HEADLINE in NL.  undecided

Una amebo go make dubai visa hard lyke japan or American visa, then our eyes go clear  grin

Na poverty dey worry all of us daz y we dey here dey talk rubbish about the woman.  cry

President GJ's wyfe, abeg if u went for shoping make u buy 1 nice shox 4 me jare  cool

and 1 louis vuitton hand bag for my GF b'cos she like's LV product so much  wink

but if u went for money looting  shocked shocked shocked    I CAN'T SHOUT  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by naso2(m): 8:11am On May 21, 2010
Ranoscky:

A 'president wyfe' for that matter, travelled to dubai and it became the HEADLINE in NL. undecided

Una amebo go make dubai visa hard lyke American or Japan visa, then our eyes go clear grin

Na poverty dey worry all of us daz y we dey here dey talk rubbish about the woman. cry

President GJ's wyfe, abeg if u went for shoping make u buy 1 nice shox 4 me jare cool

and 1 louis vuitton hand bag for my GF b'cos she like's LV product so much wink

but if u went for money looting shocked shocked shocked I CAN'T SHOUT lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Thank you. infact the contribution of people i have always respected on NL as very intelligent is even more annoying.
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by Ranoscky(m): 8:26am On May 21, 2010
@Na so

U'r welcome oh jare my broda

Nigeria press only said she travelled to dubai, and NL's are begining to criticise her

what if she travels to U.K? . . . Where we know that all our leaders has houses and investment over there . . .

That means, immediately her arrival at the airport, they'll call 4 her head immediately.

Ah, E nyi NL's, Oga fun yin ooh! undecided
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by babsmii(m): 8:50am On May 21, 2010
i think the only reason this should be an headline is because, she traveled with the presidential jet and not her personal jet, the presidential jet belongs to the Nigerian presidency and not her father so she should explain her mission in Dubai, i feel this woman is ruining her husband's hard-earned "integrity" if he's got one,
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by Ben13: 10:38am On May 21, 2010
Someone said she even tried to have waited till Wednesday. cheesy
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by member479760: 11:15am On May 21, 2010
No problems! provided, she is going for routine Islamic study.
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by goldylucks(f): 11:34am On May 21, 2010
The lady is so damn UGLY that i really dont mind if she's gone to Dubai for some plastic surgery operationS, in her case,it's ALLOWED! grin
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by isonlagba: 11:36am On May 21, 2010
God help us! We have another Imelda Marcos in our hands!!!! sad
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by Nymphnode(m): 11:37am On May 21, 2010
Nuff respect to Dakova, Yomi casual and the rest but an Aiisha Ramadan is no fair match for them when it comes to Abaya and the rest. So I say why not do a complete makeover, afterall its on the tab.

nakedall:

No problems! provided, she is going for routine Islamic study.

That too
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by favouredjb(f): 11:41am On May 21, 2010
i dont blame ppl dt are suspicious of her movements,cos of her antecedent

thats how they launder money
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by Teminio: 11:43am On May 21, 2010
Patience's reputation has come to hunt her now more than ever before.
Let's not forget that this woman's close aide was arrested and was to be prosecuted for money laundering by EFCC while she was the first lady in Bayelsa. It was established that the aide was fronting for her.  
Again, the question is what does Dubai represents for our rulers. Haven for looters.  Many of them own lots of property in the emirate.

So Naija be watchful!
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by bones1(m): 11:50am On May 21, 2010
I hear they sell al lot of gold jewellery in Dubai !
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by otondo55: 11:54am On May 21, 2010
She is off for diplomatic talks with the Kingpins.

save trip, remember the deal !, Kitchen Cabinet

Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by sherrify: 11:56am On May 21, 2010
how is dat how ache, she was not sworn in to manage any of nigeria's affairs, why disturb her movment, ordinary nigerians go to dubai also, why dont u cry loud about that also, i think u should go get urself a life
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by SamMilla1(m): 1:00pm On May 21, 2010
Whats wrong in her going to Dubai ? I know some people here who go to dubai too.
She is living her life and until she is caught with our money, we have no reason to gossip about that.
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by Orikinla(m): 1:26pm On May 21, 2010
The first wife of President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan loves shopping big time.
With diplomatic immunity, she can now escape from scrutiny.
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by pj5(f): 1:31pm On May 21, 2010
gbam!!!
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by Kobojunkie: 1:34pm On May 21, 2010
Ranoscky:

A 'president wyfe' for that matter, travelled to dubai and it became the HEADLINE in NL.  undecided

Una amebo go make dubai visa hard lyke japan or American visa, then our eyes go clear  grin

Na poverty dey worry all of us daz y we dey here dey talk rubbish about the woman.  cry

President GJ's wyfe, abeg if u went for shoping make u buy 1 nice shox 4 me jare  cool

and 1 louis vuitton hand bag for my GF b'cos she like's LV product so much  wink

but if u went for money looting  shocked shocked shocked    I CAN'T SHOUT  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

UUmm . . . . try this for size,

a) Patience was fingered by the EFCC for fraud but the investigation hit the all too known Nigerian wall

b) There have been attempts to reopen the case but again the walls keep coming up , note she is NOT CLEARED

c) Only a couple of months ago, Turai was harangued by our people for wanting to protect her husband and take advantage of the situation

d) We have a new President and his wife is already flying out with the presidential jet( Note, the constitution DOES NOT recognize the spouse of the president at all)

e) Worse, we have a suspect, flying off to Dubai UNCHECKED and in the presidential jet

Personally, I think it is time we stopped fooling ourselves into believing we don't have problems with leaders and family members flying off abroad ON THE PEOPLE's MONEY to shop and buy property. I think we need to stop pretending we have the same calibre of leaders as that obtained in western and CIVILIZED entities.

This Woman is NOT an official and so I see no reason why she should not be searched like every other citizen on her way out of Nigeria. And I see no reason why she should be on that plane UNLESS she is on an OFFICIAL trip courtesy of her husbands mandate.
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by Amjustme: 2:59pm On May 21, 2010
If am eventually d president's wife, il go 2 places even better than dubai? she even made hers public, she try. Abeg leave her, na her time don come be dat.
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by gregejige: 3:34pm On May 21, 2010
Date Published: 05/20/10

First Lady heads to Lebanon, Rejects Presidential Jet

First Lady, Patience Jonathan who left Abuja for Lebanon Thursday, opted to fly to Beirut in a commercial airline, rejecting the opulence of a presidential jet.

Pointblanknews.com learnt that Mrs. Jonathan is expected to spend two days with some family members and friends residing in Beirut.

Mrs. Jonathan, according to our sources, flew to Beirut en route  Dubai, the UAE capital.

http://www.pointblanknews.com/News/os3416.html
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by Meddler(f): 6:05pm On May 21, 2010
I think a couple ppl here are missing the point. Yes Madam first lady has the right to travel to any where she wishes too. But c'mon guys we've seen and heard all this before. A year later we will start investigating her on money laundry. This is Nigeria. We gotta start questioning these ppl and holding them accountable. All asssets needs to be declared. She's absolutely not allowed to leave the country and spend our money as she sees fit. Especially if u're a leader in Nigeria
Unless i'm wrong, what's her other source of income we don't know about. so this is news b'cos

A) Nigerian leaders are known for corruption
B) we know politicians who leave the country are always there stashing money
c) We know that's what they do. so why the denial peeps
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by Emax(m): 6:51pm On May 21, 2010
What is big deal in travelling to Dubai?
This is no news.
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by buffox: 7:11pm On May 21, 2010
^^ This is no news if she did it a month ago, but it is news now. She is free to travel but I think she needs to be properly educated that she is now the first lady of the country.

Suspicion 1: She was in Asaba a few days ago to 'commission' projects in Delta State. We all know Ibori is on a choke-hold and needs political help desperately. The next thing my woman is on a private trip to dubai!

Suspicion 2: Why on earth is pointblanknews.com running PR for her. Praising her for not using presidential jet, and telling us of some allegedly 'gound-breaking humanitarian work she did in Bayelsa. Does that sound like a paid report?? hmmm

Suspicion 3: Whoever knew Boy Joe had in-laws in Lebanon? From undisclosed mission, to visiting family and friends. Kai - naija!

She might be innocent, but she needs to properly evaluate her current status and act in like terms - her life is not so private anymore.
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by Smi1(m): 8:40am On May 22, 2010
to hell with haters !!
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by Nobody: 8:50am On May 22, 2010
NLanders dont HATE grin grin grin grin leave the woman to enjoy her new status jare cheesy. . .some of you shouting here will even do worse. grin grin grin
Kai!! Nigerians.very hard to please cheesy
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by Ranoscky(m): 11:33am On May 22, 2010
Rano walks in . . .

@kokojunkie abi na kokodunkey, I'll like u to settle down and listen to all your silly and stupid comments.

1) U SAID A COSNTITUTION DOES NOT RECOGNISE THE SPOUSE OF THE PRESIDENT.  undecided

2) U SAID A "PRESIDENT WIFE" WIFE IS NOT AN OFFICIAL.  grin  . . . na wetin em be?

3) U SAID U SEE NO REASON WHY A "PRESIDENT's WIFE" SHOULD BE ON A "PRESIDENTIAL" PLANE OUT OF THE COUNTRY  embarassed  . .  has the nigerian government questioned her about her trip to dubai aboard a presidential jet?

4)U SAID U SEE NO REASON WHY A "PRESIDENT's WIFE" SHOULD NOT BE SEARCHED LIKE EVERY OTHER CITIZEN ON HER WAY OUT OF THE COUNTRY . . .   A "PRESIDENT's WIFE ?  shocked shocked shocked

@Kokojunkie, I don't think i have the strenght to reply this dirty questions cos it sucks!

can someone help me out on it pls ?

Rano walks out!
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by yemi2000(m): 3:53am On May 23, 2010
Hey house,don't you think see is going for tummy surgery like stella?
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by Kobojunkie: 4:22am On May 23, 2010
@Thank you Meddler for bringing up the assets issue. I remember people praising Yar adua for declaring his assets before he became president. He is no longer president, why are we not checking his assets to make sure all add up still? Or do we just label them heroes when they declare assets in the beginning, and have no reason to check them afterwards to ensure all things remain OK?

I don't remember the Jonathans declaring their assets in 2007, or am I wrong?
Re: President’s Wife Off To Dubai by Syncapos(m): 1:59pm On May 23, 2010
The point most of you are missing is that she is the First Lady of Nigeria- that makes her a none ordinary citizen. That fact alone makes it news, and makes it our business. More than likely, and rightly so, the cost of the trip will be on our tab- and we shouldn't know??
What disturbs me the most about it is that I haven't read of any foreign trips by Prez. Jonathan as a substantive President of Nigeria- either alone or with his family.

I am a little disappointed because I am actually expecting this guy to do things differently, and not run the country like a private business as his predecessors have done. I was thinking he would adopt the open door system that works in the western world.
Shouldn't a planned foreign trip of the any member of the First family be announced? If something bad happens there, is it not our business? Would that not be newstoo?

I have read of suggestions like tummy tuck, facial treatment etc. If any of those is the case, and we don't have good practitioners on the country- fly one in and get it done. Then she can head to the airport with tummy already tucked and face already treated.
No body is suggesting that she shouldn't travel, just don't show up at the airport with your luggages already packed.

The point I'm making is that we should begin to hold our leaders to a higher standard, and hold them accountable too.
I like this guy, and I want him to succeed, but that also means I should point out his error when I see one.
Not sure he comes to this forum, but hey, you never know!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bode George Shocker Tinubu Sent Me To Jail ! / How My Husband Was Killed - Widow Of Slain ANPP Chieftain / Osisikankwu, Leader Of Aba-based Kidnap Gang, Declared Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.