Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara (67579 Views)

We Will Take Kwara From Saraki Says Mc-Oluomo (video) / Ilorin Chief Imam Released After Arrest For Calling Yorubas To Take Over Kwara / Chief Imam Thanks Saraki For Saving His Life The Chief Imam Of Ilorin, Imam Moh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by 9jakool: 12:19am On May 10, 2018
Nowenuse:

The yorubas were not the main people to stop the spread of fulani jihad to the south. The middlebelters (Tivs, Igalas, Idomas, Jukuns, Plateaus) were.

Esans also fought against Nupe/fulani jihadists from spreading forward from Auchi.

Well, the middlebelt isn't exactly Southern Nigeria now is it?

Yes, the Esans tried as well in fending off the Nupe jihadists (not fulani jihadists) from encroaching into Esanland. Also, neither Esanland nor Auchi share a direct border with the Sokoto caliphate. Yoruba were the last frontier between the vast ethnic groups of Southern Nigeria and Sokoto caliphate. The Yorubas were the only ethnic groups in the South that I know of to dare TAKE BACK territories captured by the Fulani.

6 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by kayfra: 12:21am On May 10, 2018
Empiree:
you that rule yourselves, what have you achieved?. You have bunch of obas who only care about their bellies.

Besides, ilorin people don't see it as Fulani empire over them. I never for once seen it that way. You guys are trying to forment problems to create unrest in the region and turn it to another North.

You have bigger problems to worry about not this crap

If you don't see the prejudice and slavery against you lots then change your glasses prescription. Eru Fulani grin

It's not about any oba. It's about your cultural identity which is separate from religious beliefs. Don't pass the mumuness to the next generation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Nofav0rs(m): 12:21am On May 10, 2018
kayfra:

And yagba is not Yoruba?

LMAO. What have they been feeding you people? Something in your garri? These folks are long lost. No small wonder you have the lowest developmental index amongst Yorubas. Jeez
First of all, we have to be Yoruba to have lowest developmental index amongst Yorubas. You see?

Btw, what do you mean development? The brown roof villages/towns in SW? I laugh in yagba

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by kayfra: 12:23am On May 10, 2018
Nofav0rs:
First of all, we have to be Yoruba to have lowest developmental index amongst Yorubas. You see?

Btw, what do you mean development? The brown roof villages/towns in SW? I laugh in yagba

Statistics don't lie. Sorry of it makes you uncomfortable.
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Nofav0rs(m): 12:25am On May 10, 2018
kayfra:

Statistics don't lie. Sorry of it makes you uncomfortable.
I'll be glad if you can supply the statistics
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by 9jakool: 12:27am On May 10, 2018
Nowenuse:

The comparison of Nupe/Hausa emirates to that of Illorin holds no water. This is because the entire Nupe land and Hausa land have embraced the emirate system and integrated it into their culture. It has become part of their identity. This cannot be said for the Yoruba nation as a whole.
The emirate culture and essence has no business with mainstream yoruba identity hence Ilorin will always continue to remain odd to yoruba essence and identity.

Yes, Ilorin might be an oddity, but it doesn't detract from its identity. The emirate culture is built on Islam and Islam is not an oddity in Yorubaland. A different political system doesn't discredit someone's true identity.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by BERNIMOORE: 12:28am On May 10, 2018
Nofav0rs:
lol. You're funny. Do you know even these dialects differ by town/village? For example, an Egbe man and an Isanlu man are both Yagbas and speaks Yagba, but they speak it differently.

And Egbe man will say 'erokun boda' while an Isanlu man will say em'okun boda. With a completely different tone. No two villages/towns in okun land have same way/tone of speaking the yagba dialect.

And I can tell you about Oro very well. The egungun festival, oraha festival, isu tuntun (emu) festival, etc etc
good, the Word 'Oro' 'isu tuntun' where do they traced from
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by kayfra: 12:30am On May 10, 2018
9jakool:

Yes, Ilorin might be an oddity, but it doesn't detract from its identity. The emirate culture is built on Islam and Islam is not an oddity in Yorubaland. A different political systems doesn't discredit someone's true identity.

So why can't you have an indigenous Yoruba as Emir? Are they inferior Islamic breeds as opposed to Fulanis?

Funny slaves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Empiree: 12:30am On May 10, 2018
kayfra:

If you don't see the prejudice and slavery against you lots then change your glasses prescription. Eru Fulani grin

It's not about any oba. It's about your cultural identity which is separate from religious beliefs. Don't pass the mumuness to the next generation.
Okay, culture. What have you achieved with that in SW?. WHo told you culture can not be maintained where ever you are?. Even in American there are many cultures there and everyone maintains it if they want to. WHy is everything about Africans so screwed up?. You guys are trying to create ethnic war.
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by kayfra: 12:34am On May 10, 2018
Empiree:
Okay, culture. What have you achieved with that in SW?. WHo told you culture can not be maintained where ever you are?. Evenin American there are every culture there and everyone maintains it if they want to. WHy is everything about African so screwed up?. You guys are trying to create ethnic war.

Stop being a effing coward on the pretext of religious dogma. I asked this question before. Why is the ruling house only Fulanis? Aren't the Yoruba Muslims qualified to be Emirs? Are you inferior stock?

It's unbelievable how you lots think. I guess centuries of subjugation affects the self belief and self governance DNA. You've simply given up hope in your abilities to govern even if islam is used as your yardstick. Are Yorubas inferior Muslims?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by OkutaNla: 12:40am On May 10, 2018
Nofav0rs:
Bro, some of the Ekiti folks in Kwara (like Eruku) are Yagba not Yoruba

Dude, you got mad issues. Well, I'm glad you said 'some', so let's just say I was speaking of the other 'some' who see and identify as 'Yoruba'.

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Moneywomen17(m): 12:42am On May 10, 2018
Nofav0rs:
I can see how intelligent you are. You're so intelligent you argue people's origin with them.

You're cancelled.
my Hausa arewa friend the language u are speaking here is just “okun” not Yoruba right. Lol

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Moneywomen17(m): 12:44am On May 10, 2018
Nofav0rs:

u are not Yoruba and not okun u are arewa stop speaking for Okun People here.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by OkutaNla: 12:45am On May 10, 2018
Nowenuse:

Hmm, are you forgetting that the entire Kwara north have no relationship with yoruba people? While Kwara central (Ilorin) is a hotbed of Identity crisis between Yoruba accepters and deniers.

Kwara south is the only safe and absolutely proud yoruba zone in Kwara state. So you could watch the way you use 'majority of Kwara' here.

Dude, I'm not 'forgetting' anything. My statement was made within the context of Kwarans that identify as Yorubas ONLY, irrespective of the Senatorial district they fall under.

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Nowenuse: 12:51am On May 10, 2018
9jakool:

Yes, Ilorin might be an oddity, but it doesn't detract from its identity. The emirate culture is built on Islam and Islam is not an oddity in Yorubaland. A different political system doesn't discredit someone's true identity.

Yes, a different political system can completely change someone's identity.. Infact that is too much. An ordinary farming or survival system can change one's identity.

Hutus and Tutsis speak the same language, the only major difference between them was that some were herders and others farmers. We all knew where this took them.

You cannot define yoruba culture or identity in Nigeria without some common cultural elements. It's these cultures that make one a yoruba. Now, when a people do not practice almost all of these cultures, how can they be yorubas?

Tell me, is it just language alone that makes one a yoruba? Germans and Austrians speak the same language but they do not share ethnicity.
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Moneywomen17(m): 12:55am On May 10, 2018
Nowenuse:

Yes, a different political system can completely change someone's identity.. Infact that is too much. An ordinary farming or survival system can change one's identity.

Hutus and Tutsis speak the same language, the only major difference between them was that some were herders and others farmers. We all knew where this took them.

You cannot define yoruba culture or identity in Nigeria without some common cultural elements. It's these cultures that make one a yoruba. Now, when a people do not practice almost all of these cultures, how can they be yorubas?

Tell me, is it just language alone that makes one a yoruba? Germans and Austrians speak the same language but they do not share ethnicity.
Austria are descendants of German and some other group but they have forge their own identity. Ilorin situation is different in the sense that some people there see no problem with intermingle with Fulani based on Islam but still see themselves as Yoruba why some people are not Yoruba but a mixture of Yoruba and Fulani. Why some are plain Yoruba with no tolerance for Fulani.
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Nowenuse: 12:55am On May 10, 2018
9jakool:

Well, the middlebelt isn't exactly Southern Nigeria now is it?

Yes, the Esans tried as well in fending off the Nupe jihadists (not fulani jihadists) from encroaching into Esanland. Also, neither Esanland nor Auchi share a direct border with the Sokoto caliphate. Yoruba were the last frontier between the vast ethnic groups of Southern Nigeria and Sokoto caliphate. The Yorubas were the only ethnic groups in the South that I know of to dare TAKE BACK territories captured by the Fulani.

When did the concept of northern & southern Nigeria come about? Was it not colonialism?

Is Oyo more southerly located than Kogi?

Igalas related with more southern ethnic groups like the Igbos and Edos and share more culture with them more than Oyo people did.

3 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by 9jakool: 12:56am On May 10, 2018
kayfra:

So why can't you have an indigenous Yoruba as Emir? Are they inferior Islamic breeds as opposed to Fulanis?

Funny slaves

Who is you? Am I a collective? Maybe you should direct that question to the British who've crushed every historic attempt by Ilorin indigenes to overthrow the emir.

The emirate system like most monarchy works by inheritance through the paternal line. The emir is not even full Fulani. He's more Yoruba than Fulani. He's Yoruba on his maternal side and only partially Fulani on his father side through the line of Alimi. Much of the Fulanis in Ilorin these days are Yorubanized through years of intermarriage and assimilation in the dominant culture. In the Fulani culture, once you lose your language and way of life (pulaaku), you've become one of them and you are no longer Fulani. That's how Fulani indigeneship works, but then again I don't expect an outsider like you to understand.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Nowenuse: 12:58am On May 10, 2018
OkutaNla:

Dude, I'm not 'forgetting' anything. My statement was made within the context of Kwarans that identify as Yorubas ONLY, irrespective of the Senatorial district they fall under.

Well, you did not specify that, did you? You generalized Kwara.
It would have been better if you said 'yoruba speaking kwarans'. At least then we would have known you are talking about Kwara central and south only.
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by kayfra: 1:01am On May 10, 2018
9jakool:

Who is you? Am I a collective? Maybe you should direct that question to the British who've crushed every historic attempt by Ilorin indigenes to overthrow the emir.

The emirate system like most monarchy works by inheritance through the paternal line. The emir is not even full Fulani. He's more Yoruba than Fulani. He's Yoruba on his maternal side and only partially Fulani on his father side through the line of Alimi. Much of the Fulanis in Ilorin these days are Yorubanized through years of intermarriage and assimilation in the dominant culture. In the Fulani culture, once you lose your language and way of life (pulaaku), you've become one of them and you are no longer Fulani. That's how Fulani indigeneship works, but then again I don't expect an outsider like you to understand.

That's bullcrap cop out nonsense affiliating the fulani emir with a slight yoruba heritage. It's an abysmal attempt to make the institutionalized subjugation more palatable. It's pure garbage. Grow some balls and take what is rightfully yours instead of Ngba ti Ngba ti excuses

5 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by OkutaNla: 1:02am On May 10, 2018
Empiree:
what I'm really trying to figure out is that, let's say those Yoruba agitators succeed, what exactly do they want to achieve?. Does this fix bad roads, unstable electricity, employment, Healthcare etc?. They don't even have these basics right now n SW. So why are Yoruba people trying to mess up over peanuts?. Is it all bcus of ilorin Emirship?. That's not much of problem.

Doesn't make sense to me. This just gonna create bloodshed, distractions from major problems. Take Sudan for instance, what has South Sudan achieved but killings everyday. You people better think before you mess things up

Well, my opinion is that the grievances of those you call 'Yoruba agitators' should be addressed because their agitation is legitimate (at least to them it is) and did not start today. It's the same reason why the Biafran agitation will never die in spite of several efforts of the Nigerian state to suppress it, until the agitators get their desire -- it will keep passing on from generation to generation until they achieve their objective. It doesn't have to make sense to you since you obviously do not share their aspirations, but that is not enough grounds for you or anyone else to write them off. Ideally, the state can be partitioned to accommodate all parties (those of you that insist on retaining and submitting to the Emirate system and identifying with 'Arewa' should be free to do so while those that reject it should be respected and allowed to merge with their SW brethren). And the whole Sudan allusion is no more than a scare-tactic and attempt to blackmail those people into dropping their grievances without addressing the root causes of their agitation.

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Nowenuse: 1:05am On May 10, 2018
Moneywomen17:
Austria are descendants of German and some other group but they have forge their own identity. Ilorin situation is different in the sense that some people there see no problem with intermingle with Fulani based on Islam but still see themselves as Yoruba why some people are not Yoruba but a mixture of Yoruba and Fulani. Why some are plain Yoruba with no tolerance for Fulani.

Yes, but all Ilorin people are united by one cultural and political system which ties them all to the caliphate. Ilorin people as a whole do not practice much of yoruba cultures or yoruba political system.

Afterall, not all Hausas accept a hausa-fulani tag. Some are pure hausas, some are mixed hausa-fulanis, some are hausanized fulanis, some are pure fulanis. But they keep on being bundled under one system which gives them a joint identity.

Can't you see that the pagan and christian hausas who rejected Islam are not called Hausas by the mainstream islamic hausas? They are called MAGUZAWA.

Ethnicity is heavily tied to political identity. 9jakool
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Nowenuse: 1:11am On May 10, 2018
kayfra:

That's bullcrap cop out nonsense affiliating the fulani emir with a slight yoruba heritage. It's an abysmal attempt to make the institutionalized subjugation more palatable. It's pure garbage. Grow some balls and take what is rightfully yours instead of Ngba ti Ngba ti excuses

Don't mind 9jakool. He has obviously fallen for the fulani subjugation tactic by agreeing that Ilorin emirship is more yoruba. This is the way fulanis use in perpetually subjugating people, by making you to think they are one of you. Lies!

As much as fulanis have romanced the Hausas and make themselves appear as one people, when the chips are down, those with pure and paternal fulani ancestry know themselves and continue to execute their agenda.

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Moneywomen17(m): 1:19am On May 10, 2018
Nowenuse:

Yes, but all Ilorin people are united by one cultural and political system which ties them all to the caliphate. Ilorin people as a whole do not practice much of yoruba cultures or yoruba political system.

Afterall, not all Hausas accept a hausa-fulani tag. Some are pure hausas, some are mixed hausa-fulanis, some are hausanized fulanis, some are pure fulanis. But they keep on being bundled under one system which gives them a joint identity.

Can't you see that the pagan and christian hausas who rejected Islam are not called Hausas by the mainstream islamic hausas? They are called MAGUZAWA.

Ethnicity is heavily tied to political identity. 9jakool
that’s why am trying to tell u not all ilorin are united in the “caliphate” like u said. If u have stayed in ilorin before u will understand what am saying

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by 2016v2017: 1:37am On May 10, 2018
Preshy561:
lol,if Igbos leave this shiithole,the yorubas may go into extinction. grinlipsrsealed
That's for sure, that's why Afonjas always insult Igbos whenever Igbos talk about leaving Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Empiree: 1:38am On May 10, 2018
OkutaNla:

Well, my opinion is that the grievances of those you call 'Yoruba agitators' should be addressed because their agitation is legitimate (at least to them it is) and did not start today. It's the same reason why the Biafran agitation will never die in spite of several efforts of the Nigerian state to suppress it, until the agitators get their desire -- it will keep passing on from generation to generation until they achieve their objective. It doesn't have to make sense to you since you obviously do not share their aspirations, but that is not enough grounds for you or anyone else to write them off. Ideally, the state can be partitioned to accommodate all parties (those of you that insist on retaining and submitting to the Emirate system and identifying with 'Arewa' should be free to do so while those that reject it should be respected and allowed to merge with their SW brethren). And the whole Sudan allusion is no more than a scare-tactic and attempt to blackmail those people into dropping their grievances without addressing the root causes of their agitation.
Good luck with that. I can guarantee you this will just disintegrates Nigeria. Stuff like this usually not done peacefully. Brothers killing brothers. If SW had resembled New York City ECONOMICALLY I can see why they would want their silly agitation. But it is still the same shit hole with lots of things they should worry about. Fix roads, fix healthcare, fix pension, retirement, workers comp, insurance, electricity, disabled, veterans, standards hospitals including emergency response team, railroads etc. But they worry about irrelevant stuff.

Again, you guys keep talking about Fulani emirate, at no point I care about that crap. There is peace in that region and you guys need not start ethnic war cus not all Yoruba will support this bullshit.

As for Fulani miscreants if that's what you people are concerned about, if your Yoruba leaders would want kwara they should speak up against some Fulani killings in the SW but they keep their mouth shut which means they aren't interested. Why do you think they would support your alleged agitation?. Those Yoruba Obas only worry about their mouths.

They should be the one voicing out not lazy youths.

There is no way this so called Oduduwa republic would be achieved without affecting ilorin. Hence, another Muslim majority region in chaos and you sob would start making fun of muslims. So you can stick your Oduduwa republic where sun doesn't shine cheesy

Odúdúwá Republic kó, Odúdúwá Democrat nî. CRAP!
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by 2016v2017: 1:41am On May 10, 2018
obonujoker:
Huh... Are the police mad??

If we the yoruba muslims get angry lasan, we will show police pepper....

These Fulani pple won't hear word naw, that's how it was going in Myammar, until dey were slaughtered in Rhongiyya...
shut up ,you yoruba Muslims are moRons,
who recognize you in Nigeria?
the hausa /fulanis sees you as infidel and slaves to them.

4 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by santricedupas(m): 1:43am On May 10, 2018
g0tze:
Yorubas never see chomtin, Una wan drag ilorin with fulanis. Hahaha

ilorin is yoruba land, we go collect am sooon

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by 2016v2017: 1:43am On May 10, 2018
Preshy561:

so I shouldn't laugh in peace abii?
do I look like afonja that betrayed his people for a pot of ewedu?gringrin
grin grin grin
tell him even though truth is bitter

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by 2016v2017: 1:44am On May 10, 2018
g0tze:
Yorubas never see chomtin, Una wan drag ilorin with fulanis. Hahaha
foolanis go show Afonjas shege

4 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by 2016v2017: 1:44am On May 10, 2018
santricedupas:

ilorin is yoruba land, we go collect am sooon
you gat balls
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by 2016v2017: 1:46am On May 10, 2018
obonujoker:

Ilorin is for the yorubas.... you Fulani pple won't leave us alone now....
leave u alone? u will soon hearam from your slave masters

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly / Atiku Abubakar's Son Involved In Accident With His Portuguese Friend. Photos / Aisha Buhari Visits Mbaka In Enugu (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.