Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,959 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:19 PM

Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara (67544 Views)

We Will Take Kwara From Saraki Says Mc-Oluomo (video) / Ilorin Chief Imam Released After Arrest For Calling Yorubas To Take Over Kwara / Chief Imam Thanks Saraki For Saving His Life The Chief Imam Of Ilorin, Imam Moh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by 9jakool: 9:58pm On May 09, 2018
Nowenuse:

Ilorin emirate covers the entire Kwara central including Asa & Moro officially. Are there any Obas in Asa or Moro? Hell no!
There are Nupe communities in Moro, hope you know that?

What I'm I seeing? Are there any Obas in Asa or Moro? Every Yoruba town, no matter how small or big has a king.

Give me a list of the Nupe communities in Moro.

4 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Skmoda360(m): 9:58pm On May 09, 2018
Preshy561:
lol,if Igbos leave this shiithole,the yorubas may go into extinction. grinlipsrsealed
your mumu no get tribal mark......oponu lasan lasan.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Nofav0rs(m): 10:01pm On May 09, 2018
otr1:

A denial of origin will never change who you are.
The people in Oka Akoko in Ondo State speak pure Kabba dialect (the village is just few minutes drive from Kabba anyway). The fact that they are in SW doesn't make them anymore Yoruba than Kabba people. I've met and lived with dozens of people from the so called Okunland (heck! My fiancee is from Kabba) but none of them ever denied being Yoruba.
First of all, Kabba is a town not a dialect. Secondly, the fact your gf is from Kabba doesn't make you an okun man and doesn't make you know more than I do about my people. My mum and dad are both Okun, I am Okun, I know my background, I speak fluently my dialect and I'm so in touch with my background. It's disrespectful to come out of wherever you crawled out from to tell me I'm not an okun man.

It will interest you to know that Late Sunday Awoniyi was the first ACF Chairman

I am an Okun man and I'm NOT Yoruba. Thank you

4 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by ghuzy01: 10:03pm On May 09, 2018
Empiree:
I am never supporting ogbonis and the likes to rebel ilorin/kwara for the so called Yorubland. Yes, it is Yorubaland but aren't Yoruba majority in kwara state?.

Or they are taking about ruling class like Emir?. Well, I am for Islam and Muslims. If there should ever happen to be revolution in kwara, I will support mobilization of MUSLIMS only not ogboni and other Yoruba cults.

There are too many problems at hand already. Stop compounding problems by causing ethnic differences. Why is it not possible to succeed as one Nigeria?. It is people that make things difficult.

I am not in support of "Oduduwa Republic"
We know your type, they have clouded your reasoning with religion.

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by omoelerin1: 10:04pm On May 09, 2018
Empiree:
I am never supporting ogbonis and the likes to rebel ilorin/kwara for the so called Yorubland. Yes, it is Yorubaland but aren't Yoruba majority in kwara state?.

Or they are taking about ruling class like Emir?. Well, I am for Islam and Muslims. If there should ever happen to be revolution in kwara, I will support mobilization of MUSLIMS only not ogboni and other Yoruba cults.

There are too many problems at hand already. Stop compounding problems by causing ethnic differences. Why is it not possible to succeed as one Nigeria?. It is people that make things difficult.

Which one is ogboni in this case?
Are there no Muslims in other Yoruba States? Are you people more Islamic than them? The problem with Yoruba Ilorin is that they put religion above their ethnicity. They prefer living fulani lifestyles because of religious nonsense! That is why they lost their tribal/national identity.
You don't need to renounce your tribal identity before you can practice Islam. Many Yoruba Ilorin are satisfied with the status quo. I am very sure they are the ones behind the arrest of the embattled imam, not the Fulani.
Your kinsmen in the rest of south west who preserve their cultural and tribal identity, aren't many of them Muslims?

You people had better free yourselves from religious slavery.

5 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Saintsquare(m): 10:05pm On May 09, 2018
Tflex01:

This has always been you guys problem over the years. Insincerity. The insults on the first page by your kinsmen should be overlooked right? is the write up about them or the Yorubas? The truth is, Yorubas will rather fight Igbos since the Igbos will never let Yorubas concentrate on fighting the North.
That's what they good at,making mockery of others but would expect sympathy when the befall such,bunch of cry babies.

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Moneywomen17(m): 10:06pm On May 09, 2018
Nofav0rs:
First of all, Kabba is a town not a dialect. Secondly, the fact your gf is from Kabba doesn't make you an okun man and doesn't make you know more than I do about my people. My mum and dad are both Okun, I am Okun, I know my background, I speak fluently my dialect and I'm so in touch with my background. It's disrespectful to come out of wherever you crawled out from to tell me I'm not an okun man.

It will interest you to know that Late Sunday Awoniyi was the first ACF Chairman

shut up imposter u are no Okun man. The Okun are Yoruba through and through and they speak Yoruba. They have also agitated to be part of sw along with kwara coz the feel marginalized in Kogi. So stop u are fooling no one here except yourself u are not Okun. http://dailypost.ng/2017/07/06/okun-community-begins-move-secede-kogi-state/. Here is another thread opened by Okun People.https://www.nairaland.com/3385311/okun-people-tribe

4 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 09, 2018
Tflex01:

This has always been you guys problem over the years. Insincerity. The insults on the first page by your kinsmen should be overlooked right? is the write up about them or the Yorubas? The truth is, Yorubas will rather fight Igbos since the Igbos will never let Yorubas concentrate on fighting the North.

Talk is cheap. Keep on wasting your precious energy fighting an illusionary and perceived enemy while getting your ass kicked and handed to you!

5 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Kennydoc(m): 10:12pm On May 09, 2018
obonujoker:

Huh... buh I know all the whole Quran off heart na... something I recite everyday, so you mean if I go to a mosque in Kano now, upon my dedication, I won't be allowed to lead??

Loool. You're not a Yoruba Muslim joor. The sarcasm in your posts is palpable grin

1 Like

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by DEBJOCH1(m): 10:15pm On May 09, 2018
A Yoruba Muslim, no matter how he knows the All Qur'an can never stand in any Mosque in the Northern part of Nigeria to lead prayer, he can only do that in Yoruba dominated mosque in the North, I bet you, you can never see any Hausa man observe his prayer in any Yoruba dominated Mosque.

3 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by otr1(m): 10:17pm On May 09, 2018
Nofav0rs:

I respect your opinion of not being a Yoruba, I'm just trying to tell you it's just your personal opinion and you're alone on this. We had Okun group we aggitated for boundary adjustment to make Okunland part of SW in the last national convention..
Kabba is not a dialect but people would say "ede Kabba" when they hear Okun people speak.
And it might interest you to know that we speak more "okuns" in our sentences so don't even go there.
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by ademusiwa3r: 10:20pm On May 09, 2018
thi
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Nofav0rs(m): 10:21pm On May 09, 2018
otr1:

I respect your opinion of not being a Yoruba, I'm just trying to tell you it's just your personal opinion and you're alone on this. We had Okun group we aggitated for boundary adjustment to make Okunland part of SW in the last national convention..
Kabba is not a dialect but people would say "ede Kabba" when they hear Okun people speak.
And it might interest you to know that we speak more "okuns" in our sentences so don't even go there.
Kabba people speak Owe. And I'm not alone on this.

I'm not gonna argue anymore. Have a great night rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Guestlander: 10:25pm On May 09, 2018
Moneywomen17:
shut up imposter u are no Okun man. The Okun are Yoruba through and through and they speak Yoruba. They have also agitated to be part of sw along with kwara coz the feel marginalized in Kogi. So stop u are fooling no one here except yourself u are not Okun. http://dailypost.ng/2017/07/06/okun-community-begins-move-secede-kogi-state/. Here is another thread opened by Okun People.https://www.nairaland.com/3385311/okun-people-tribe

The guy you quoted was lying through his teeth. How can you be Okun and not Yoruba! It is like saying I'm Ekiti but not a Yoruba.

3 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Nofav0rs(m): 10:26pm On May 09, 2018
Moneywomen17:
Are you mad? TF wrong with you? How dare you jump on my mention with insult. Who TF you are to question my origin and background?

Who are the 'they' agitating to be Yoruba? How does speaking Yoruba make anybody Yoruba? You mean to say the fact we speak English in Nigeria makes us all English/Brits? TF is wrong with this dude?

I am an Okun man and I am NOT Yoruba. Argue with your ancestors

3 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Moneywomen17(m): 10:35pm On May 09, 2018
Nofav0rs:
Are you mad? TF wrong with you? How dare you jump on my mention with insult. Who TF you are to question my origin and background?

Who are the 'they' agitating to be Yoruba? How does speaking Yoruba make anybody Yoruba? You mean to say the fact we speak English in Nigeria makes us all English/Brits? TF is wrong with this dude?

if u are not Okun may sango, Ogun destroy ur life and well I will include amadhioa too. With that said Okun People were agitating to be part of sw not part of Yoruba coz they already are Yoruba. I speak English and England man language and I speak Yoruba my own native language. Apart from Yoruba wat language do Okun speak so ur logic is faulty. The Okun of Kogi are agitating to be part of Sw if u are Okun which are highly doubt if they succeed u can stay back in Kogi. I already provided source for the people who are agitating.

3 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by BERNIMOORE: 10:39pm On May 09, 2018
Nofav0rs:

where are you from Okun, kabba ijumu or Bunu you must belong to one or you are Not an Okun man!

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by BERNIMOORE: 10:40pm On May 09, 2018
Moneywomen17:
if u are not Okun may sango, Ogun destroy ur life and well I will include amadhioa too. With that said Okun People were agitating to be part of sw not part of Yoruba coz they already are Yoruba. I speak English and England man language and I speak Yoruba my own native language. Apart from Yoruba wat language do Okun speak so ur logic is faulty. The Okun of Kogi are agitating to be part of Sw if u are Okun which are highly doubt if they succeed u can stay back in Kogi. I already provided source for the people who are agitating.
Hello you dont need this insults make discussion lively with facts pls ok?
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by CioAngels(f): 10:40pm On May 09, 2018
If i can remember the story, it was Pa Olusola Saraki that said they are northerners and that they are not Yoruba. This is a good one they now realise where they are from and to go back to there father's land. I sincerely hope that Saraki's family will accept they are Yorubas.
Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Moneywomen17(m): 10:42pm On May 09, 2018
BERNIMOORE:
Hello you dont need this insults make discussion lively with facts pls ok?
i could discuss with fact that’s what I love but this imposter will prefer an illogical argument. So I take it up a notch and add insult to it. We all know the guy is lying. Okun that want to be in the sw to join their “kith and Kim” in the last national confab is what this imposter is trying to lie about

4 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by 9jakool: 10:42pm On May 09, 2018
Nofav0rs:
Kabba people speak Owe. And I'm not alone on this.

I'm not gonna argue anymore. Have a great night rest

Owe is a dialect of Yoruba the same way Yagba or Ijumu or Ekiti are simply dialects. What's your dialect if I may ask?

4 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Nofav0rs(m): 10:45pm On May 09, 2018
BERNIMOORE:
where are you from Okun, kabba ijumu or Bunu you must belong to one or you are Not an Okun man!
you see what I mean when I said you lot don't know anything about Okun people? So I have to be from Kabba or Bunu or Ijumu to be an Okun man? What about Yagba people? Smh

Anyways, I'm not from any of those, I'm from Yagba part of Okun

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Nofav0rs(m): 10:47pm On May 09, 2018
9jakool:

Owe is a dialect of Yoruba the same way Yagba or Ijumu or Ekiti are simply dialects. What's your dialect if I may ask?
How long do I need to school you people like Paddington? Gosh!

Okay, I'm from Yagba and my dialect is Yagba

3 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Nofav0rs(m): 10:51pm On May 09, 2018
Moneywomen17:

Amen. And if I am an Okun man, may same return to you in thousand folds

Yoruba is not an Okun man language. We have our dialects. These dialects include Owe, Yagba, Ijumu and Bunnu

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Moneywomen17(m): 10:54pm On May 09, 2018
Nofav0rs:

Amen. And if I am an Okun man, may same return to you in thousand folds

Yoruba is not an Okun man language. We have our dialects. These dialects include Owe, Yagba, Ijumu and Bunnu
owe yagba Ijumu are a dialect of what? Answer me Okun man so what are people like Dino melaye, smart adeyemi and all speaking. Am finding hard to know maybe u are just only daft which at least I can understand.

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by kayfra: 10:55pm On May 09, 2018
Empiree:

Islam na your ancestors religion. Sugomudeen grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Nofav0rs(m): 10:55pm On May 09, 2018
Moneywomen17:
owe yagba Ijumu are a dialect of what? Answer me Okun man
Okun

3 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Moneywomen17(m): 10:57pm On May 09, 2018
Nofav0rs:
Okun
okun is a language? O boy see something oo so how do u say I want to eat in “okun”

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by BERNIMOORE: 11:02pm On May 09, 2018
Nofav0rs:
you see what I mean when I said you lot don't know anything about Okun people? So I have to be from Kabba or Bunu or Ijumu to be an Okun man? What about Yagba people? Smh

Anyways, I'm not from any of those, I'm from Yagba part of Okun
really? lets see how Okun you are, Do you know Chief Akere Amos, a yagba man who is the chief organiser of Okun day in Lagos, also part of the comittee of Ogidi day celebration, Are you aware of Ogidi day yearly celebration? last year i was there and all obas in okunland were present, Not only that the Oonirisa Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi sent an Oba from Ido Osun Oba Adeyemi the saporoyo of ido-osun with a message saying 'Orisun yin lati ile ife' that is your source is from ile ife, Another king The Onigboho of igboho kingdom butress the point in recognition okuns as part of the Yoruba race from ile ife states that 'he will also inform the Oni of ife to Attend this yr Ogidi day celebration on 15th june 2018, if you want the video evidence i will post it tomorrow i have it now, so do you know more than this people?

5 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by 9jakool: 11:04pm On May 09, 2018
Nofav0rs:
How long do I need to school you people like Paddington? Gosh!

Okay, I'm from Yagba and we my dialect is Yagba

Do you know that there are Yagba communities in SW? Do you know that the people of Aiyede and several towns in Northern Ekiti state are Yagba? These communities are bonafied Yoruba, so are you going to tell me that they are not?

Yagba is not even the most distinctive dialect in Yorubaland. That title belongs to dialects of Akoko. If you are not related to Yoruba, then what ethnic group do you closely relate with? Nupe? Ebira? Hausa?

3 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Moneywomen17(m): 11:07pm On May 09, 2018
Nigerians has a lot of daft people and it seems nairaland is the place most come too meet. How can someone who graduated at least high school not know the difference betteeen language and dialect. Ekiti, okun , owo are dialect of a singular language Yoruba. Just like there is many dialect of a large language. It doesn’t make the dialect it’s own language. So@nofavor get educated okun is a dialect.

2 Likes

Re: Ilorin Imam Arrested By The Police For Calling On Yorubas To Take Kwara by Nofav0rs(m): 11:10pm On May 09, 2018
BERNIMOORE:
really? lets see how Okun you are, Do you know Chief Akere Amos, a yagba man who is the chief organiser of Okun day in Lagos, also part of the comittee of Ogidi day celebration, Are you aware of Ogidi day yearly celebration? last year i was there and all obas in okunland were present, Not only that the Oonirisa Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi sent an Oba from Ido Osun Oba Adeyemi the saporoyo of ido-osun with a message saying 'Orisun yin lati ile ife' that is your source is from ile ife, Another king The Onigboho of igboho kingdom butress the point in recognition okuns as part of the Yoruba race from ile ife states that 'he will also inform the Oni of ife to Attend this yr Ogidi day celebration on 15th june 2018, if you want the video evidence i will post it tomorrow i have it now, so do you know more than this people?
lol. Your questions are funny. So I should know all the festivals in Okun land because I'm Okun man? I've never been to Ayere, I've only passed through it when I was about 12. And I heard Ayere people speak a dialect nobody understands. (Don't know how true). I've been to Ogidi but not their celebration.

I also don't know Chief Akere Amos. But non of these makes me less of an Okun man that I am sir

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Governor Emeka Ihedioha And His Phones (Photos) / Menegian Saro-Wiwa Dies Of Coronavirus In London / 2023: ARISE News Presidential Debate (Live Updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.